Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

By the way, Aqua having a secret online 'side gig' he does for extra money is certainly a revelation to throw out of the blue.

My immediate guess is him giving medical advice online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
We never saw that guy ebfore, right?

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Dexo posted:

Lol shout out to Akane for listening to this story and realizing the same thing the fans did.

For once I'm behind on things and I'm just not seeing the clear loophole here, though I'm sure it's pretty obvious once it's all spelled out. I suppose the half-brother being the product of an affair the mother had makes the most sense.

I never had any real doubt about it, but we'll definitely see this revenge arc come to a satisfying conclusion. Hell, I want Aka to write it with maximum sweetness and have the kids meet their reincarnated mother in an epilogue, with her having kept tabs on them from the sidelines but feeling sure that they wouldn't believe her if she claimed to be their mom, and that it'd mess them up to know she's around. Then all three of them bond over this weird "memories from multiple lives" situation.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Wait, would a reincarnated mom be just a year younger than the main characters?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Don't know if anyone else here cares, but this week, Oshi No Ko got referenced in Shonen Jump.

Me and Roboco, the pseudo-Doraemon series known for its meta references, had Roboco work as an assistant for the writer of "Oshi Noko", a reincarnation romantic drama with such a convoluted premise it was a surprise that it could be a hit at all!

Roboco even claimed her name was "Arima Kana" when asked.

Just thought it was worth noting.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

NowonSA posted:

For once I'm behind on things and I'm just not seeing the clear loophole here, though I'm sure it's pretty obvious once it's all spelled out. I suppose the half-brother being the product of an affair the mother had makes the most sense.

the mom cheated on her husband with whoever Aqua and Rubys dad are and the husband finding out probably caused a murder suicide. The timelines don't match for when the murder suicide happened and when Ai was killed

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Mraagvpeine posted:

That's how I'm thinking it would go, yeah. If they start palling around with a younger kouhai, I'll immediately start getting paranoid and looking for clues.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

That'd be a WILD twist

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Shugojin posted:

That'd be a WILD twist

Not enough Aqua suffering.

The kouhai is Ai, Ruby and Aqua confirm it somehow don't ask me how, but she doesn't have pre-reincarnation memories and Aqua manages to alienate her in some way ok on second thought that last part would make Aqua suicidal so not that one.

E: incidentally I'll have to track and quote a previous post of mine and add a comment about monkey's paws when I'm not phoneposting

Omobono fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Mar 2, 2022

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
And what if reincarnated mom joins the idol group? It's like poetry, it rhymes.

derra
Dec 29, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

She was pregnant at 16 and died at 20, she'd have to be at least a few years younger right?

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

derra posted:

She was pregnant at 16 and died at 20, she'd have to be at least a few years younger right?

If a young 12-13 year old girl joins B-Komachi out of the blue then all the red flags should start waving.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Chapter 73

Smooth moves, Aqua.

derra
Dec 29, 2012
New Chapter.

They're gonna find Aqua's body, aren't they.

Chicken Thumbs
Oct 21, 2020

Time is dead and meaning has no meaning!
Good chapter, also I feel like someone could get a lot of use out of this.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Enjoying the fluff.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

https://guya.moe/read/manga/Oshi-no-Ko/75/1/

Chapter 75

gently caress, spooky anime girl on trees

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Annointed posted:

https://guya.moe/read/manga/Oshi-no-Ko/75/1/

Chapter 75

gently caress, spooky anime girl on trees

Anime ja nai.

It's a manga!

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

It's been so irrelevant and long ago that I had actually forgotten how he died in the first place.

Rubellavator fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Mar 24, 2022

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Seeing Sarina drawn like that in her final moments was too real having known someone whose body was reduced to nothing by cancer. Cancer can eat a dick :mad:

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Man, Aqua has some garbage tier luck with mothers. What's his next incarnation gonna have deal with, lesbian moms that get napalmed?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Haystack posted:

Man, Aqua has some garbage tier luck with mothers. What's his next incarnation gonna have deal with, lesbian moms that get napalmed?

His current adopted mom is pretty good. Third time lucky and all that.

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
Why is Aqua so averse to love? It isn't even a matter of not wanting to love anyone younger than his own mental age, during his interview page in the prologue, he mentions that he won't love anyone.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Nebrilos posted:

Why is Aqua so averse to love? It isn't even a matter of not wanting to love anyone younger than his own mental age, during his interview page in the prologue, he mentions that he won't love anyone.

Self-loathing

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
He loved Ai and look how that ended up.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Nebrilos posted:

This is a really weird question to ask considering the content of the most recent chapter

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

SpacePig posted:

He loved Ai and look how that ended up.

It's fine now. Stalker man is dead, so no one else can get murdered. It's fine.

OnimaruXLR posted:

This is a really weird question to ask considering the content of the most recent chapter

I feel like someone with cold, unloving parents might crave love more desperately from other people. They might tend toward clingyness or codependency. Is it fair to call Ai cold and unloving? She never told her own children she loved them until her death.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
His life is a loving dumpster fire, as was his last life.

That's it, that's the reason. It's not complicated.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
New chapter. In which Kana is cute .

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

SpacePig posted:

New chapter. In which Kana is cute .

But that's every chapter she appears in :confused:

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
Kana has no chance with Aqua, right? He would never risk a repeat of what happened to Ai. I don't get why he hasn't officially rejected Kana.

Although I have to ask about MemCHO. She is an idol now, but she was on a dating show. Is that considered okay? No one even brings it up.

Is Aqua actually as romantically unaffected as he says he is? When Kana tells him to try to think of some happy memories in chapter 50, the first set of memories he thinks of are all about Akane, and the second set are all about Kana.

Nebrilos fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Apr 2, 2022

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Nebrilos posted:

Kana has no chance with Aqua, right? He would never risk a repeat of what happened to Ai. I don't get why he hasn't officially rejected Kana.

We saw that, in the future, Kana will be calling Aqua "A-Kun" and talking about how he'll get mad at her for going too far in an interview.

She's got a pretty good shot.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Aqua also talked about how he'll never love anyone in those future previews. For Kana's sake I hope those previews weren't the end state of the manga.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

The previews could possibly be a bad end of what happens to Aqua if he never gets to be happy. Everyone else seems to be quite worse off save for a select few.

derra
Dec 29, 2012
Or it could be a sneak peek of a trap the friends are doing to lure out the father.

Not saying this is even likely, but there are additional explanations.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Nebrilos posted:

Is Aqua actually as romantically unaffected as he says he is? When Kana tells him to try to think of some happy memories in chapter 50, the first set of memories he thinks of are all about Akane, and the second set are all about Kana.

If I had to bet, I get the feeling we're going to see Aqua's internal Doc Amemiya dramatically disappear once his long term emotional issues are resolved, and then there'll be a flash forward and he'll be dating someone his own biological age

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
Well, if we're doing predictions, mine is that Doctor Goro was actually Ai's unknown father, who never knew he had a daughter.

That's why finding the skeleton matters, since it will prove that Aqua is actually related to his past self.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Rubellavator posted:

Aqua also talked about how he'll never love anyone in those future previews. For Kana's sake I hope those previews weren't the end state of the manga.

He's still pretty young in that preview, he's got time to get over himself.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

memcho's face gives me life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!
Catching up all I can think is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93wE-2E0b4Q