Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

He’s getting rid of the Mach-E GT because it’s too slow so presumably he wants a car that’s faster than that, which the Polestar 2 isn’t.

Well the polestar 2 might be past 60 mph :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

QuarkJets posted:

??? Mine feels insanely fast, is this some masturbatory 0-60 thing?

More or less. This is important to some folks who have the money for it. I'm super into low-power computers. :shrug:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
Yeah, my car tops out a little past 100 mph for example and I couldn’t care less because I’m never going to go nearly that fast in it.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

QuarkJets posted:

??? Mine feels insanely fast, is this some masturbatory 0-60 thing? Taking an additional half second to reach freeway speed from a dead stop does not matter.

E: apparently the Polestar 2 AWD has slightly better acceleration and horsepower than the jaguar i-pace lol

thanks for letting us all know what does and doesn't matter.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Dude treats his cars like Timb treats his iPhones

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

bird with big dick posted:

Signed and shipped paperwork to sell the Mach-E. Now time to decide if I want to give Elon the nazi memer 60 grand or YOLO it up by waiting a year and buying a 911 or an M4 or something.

Sell your kids and get a GT4 instead. No back seats no problems.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Is the front passenger compartment the same size because I'm six and a half feet tall and rotund

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Sonic Dude posted:

Comedy option: trade it for the non-GT Mach-E and enjoy the faster trap speed?

:discourse:

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

thanks for letting us all know what does and doesn't matter.

You’re welcome

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
“a moderately quick Volvo ought to be enough for anybody”

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Ok Comboomer posted:

It's faster than many sport cars, including Jaguar's EV. That should be plenty for anybody who's not literally drag racing IMO

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Maybe we could take this thread out of Automotive Insanity and put it in an Automotive Appliance sub forum for the sorts that really can’t comprehend why anyone would want a car faster than the car they personally purchased.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Maybe we could take this thread out of Automotive Insanity and put it in an Automotive Appliance sub forum for the sorts that really can’t comprehend why anyone would want a car faster than the car they personally purchased.

I hereby petition to create a subforum named Automotive Sanity, where only sensible car purchasing and ownership decisions are discussed. No speeding, no silly project cars or build logs, no weird imports or cult classics, no cars that cannot carry at least five people.

99% of posters therein will be encouraged to sell their cars and rely on public transit + bicycling, the most objectively correct decision when it comes to contemporary vehicle ownership.

TLDR- ppl have been asking for a bike-specific subforum for literally years. Let’s make one and call it Automotive Sanity

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
I pre-ordered the BMW I4 but got the version that does 0-60 in 5.3sec. my current Mazda 6 does it in 7.9 and the car still feels peppy so I think the new one is gonna be great. The most important part for me is the pickup between 40mph-75mph range for merging and then passing people on the highway.

Here's hoping it's not delayed much past June since I was one of the first to preorder it in the US...

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Ok Comboomer posted:

I hereby petition to create a subforum named Automotive Sanity, where only sensible car purchasing and ownership decisions are discussed. No speeding, no silly project cars or build logs, no weird imports or cult classics, no cars that cannot carry at least five people.

99% of posters therein will be encouraged to sell their cars and rely on public transit + bicycling, the most objectively correct decision when it comes to contemporary vehicle ownership.

TLDR- ppl have been asking for a bike-specific subforum for literally years. Let’s make one and call it Automotive Sanity

Bicycles are not auto-motive.

:colbert:

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Ok Comboomer posted:

ppl have been asking for a bike-specific subforum for literally years. Let’s make one and call it Automotive Sanity

Yea but for realism make all AI posters mods in the new subforum so they can arbitrarily ban cycleposters out of nowhere. :gibs:

MrYenko posted:

I haven’t regularly read the rest of AI in recent years, but as I recall neither were most of the project cars.

Loucks fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Feb 27, 2022

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

MrYenko posted:

sure they are- depends on whether you count the rider as part of the system or not

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

MrYenko posted:

What if they’re motorized?

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

President Beep posted:

What if they’re motorized?

Then it’s a motor-cycle, and belongs in Cycle Asylum.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Okay, okay. What if it’s wind powered tho? Hmm??

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Ok Comboomer posted:

Keep them out of our forums and especially off our roads

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Tiny Timbs posted:

Keep them out of our forums and especially off our roads

You have bicyclists to thank for having a paved road

https://www.vox.com/2015/3/19/8253035/roads-cyclists-cars-history

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

I pre-ordered the BMW I4 but got the version that does 0-60 in 5.3sec. my current Mazda 6 does it in 7.9 and the car still feels peppy so I think the new one is gonna be great. The most important part for me is the pickup between 40mph-75mph range for merging and then passing people on the highway.

Here's hoping it's not delayed much past June since I was one of the first to preorder it in the US...

EVs are especially good in that range. You will have a great time.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Ok Comboomer posted:

If you go by post count, TGO is the bike-specific subforum with some other weirdos thrown in.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Safety Dance posted:

If you go by post count, TGO is the bike-specific subforum with some other weirdos thrown in.

yeah, but rename it Automotive Sanity then

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
Petition to rename ai meets bfc automotive sanity

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Ok Comboomer posted:

Correct. Cars are dangerous tools and treating them as fun toys (which they absolutely can be) on public roads is varying degrees of irresponsible. Yeah bummer gotta go fast.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
SA Forums: Discussion: Automotive Sanity, this is a car-free zone

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
You can be a lovely driver in a Smart Car, but you can be an absolute rear end in a top hat in an m-series Beemer and wind up a much more chaotic threat.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
SA Forums: Discussion: Automotive Sanity: New Car? Post why you hate it here in the new car thread.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

FilthyImp posted:

You can be a lovely driver in a Smart Car, but you can be an absolute rear end in a top hat in an m-series Beemer and wind up a much more chaotic threat.

This might seem true based on naive intuition but I don’t think there’s really any evidence that it’s true and insurance rates would generally indicate the opposite. It doesn’t matter if the dude weaving in and out of traffic on the highway or blowing throw a red light while texting is driving an accord on an M3, they’re still going to cause a bunch of chaos. The logic only works if you assume that a non-trivial number of serious accidents are caused by people launching their cars.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Every car should be a Nissan Leaf and every Nissan Leaf should be a bicycle.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Yeah I'm thankful to chariot makers too

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Tiny Timbs posted:

Yeah I'm thankful to chariot makers too

Which are that size because they're the width of two horses side by side.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Can said bicycle be wind powered?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

What’s the 0-60 of the bicycle?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Deteriorata posted:

Which are that size because they're the width of two horses side by side.

Cars should be measured in horsewidth.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
This is the worst thread in AI since the racist mustang guy.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Kirios posted:

What’s the 0-60 of the bicycle?

Depends on if it's on a hill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Elephanthead posted:

This is the worst thread in AI since the racist mustang guy.

Wow, didn’t know that tim allen posted here.