Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Sorry for the double post but BIG SEASONING is killing me. We really need a Control Your Narrative thread so all the dumb funny poo poo these guys pull in March doesn't bury the rest of the indies discussion

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Big Seasoning better the gently caress be a nickname for Braun.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Are they declaring new spices/seasonings or are they just going to give me salt and pepper in its purest form which is...?

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
What is a #Project?

A “Project” is the proverbial aspiring “sports-entertainment” performer seeking “opportunity” to live their “dream.”
In the world of the “corporate wrestling brands” you are referred to as an “extra.” You are paid a meager penance to stand awkwardly in ill fitting dress clothes.

Scenario 1: you are led blindly through the “dark” into a match that you are not prepared for. You are sacrificed for the “corporate good.” You have a minor accolade that you humble brag about on social media. Quickly forgotten validation. You patiently wait 4-8 months for your next “opportunity.”

Scenario 2: you are put into outfit that says “SECURITY” or “POLICE.” Your authority is not respected and you, again, are sacrificed for the “corporate good.” You patiently wait 4-8 months for your next “opportunity.”

Scenario 3: You are fed adequately via “catering.” Nobody recognizes you exist. You patiently wait 4-8 months for your next “opportunity.”

Why become a #Project?

A #Project understands this circle is endless and contrived. Seeks something more. Deeper purpose.

Through #ControlYourNarrative they can “become who they are supposed to be.”

What does a #Project do?

A #Project is prepared to forgo their independent “sports-entertainment” persona and destroy this past through the trial and tribulation of The Narrative.

A #Project assumes their “Project Number” as their new handle. This number is their choice and must never be forgotten.

A #Project fills out their #ProjectNarrative Initiation Form. Signs this as both an NDA and waiver of liability.

A #Project attends a respective #ProjectNarrative Seminar where they will:

-Perform their Sports-Entertainment Persona.
-Undergo Psycho Analyzation by members of The Narrative.
-Brain Dump their truth. Their authentic selves.
-Accept criticism, critiques, and (verbal) castration.
-and finally, FIGHT.

Upon completion of the #ProjectNarrative seminar, the #Project has access and opportunity within #ControlYourNarrative.
Their number will be called to assist on ‘Fight Night’ set-up, promotional assistance, sponsor related sucking up activities, nefarious narrative business, while most importantly become eligible for prime position to fight in #ControlYourNarrative sanctioned events, and character developing segments on #ControlYourNarrative televised features.

Favoritism and Politics WILL BE PLAYED.

How to become a #Project?

Purchase your #ProjectPackage

This includes:

#Project sanctioned attire (1 Branded Black Hood. 1 Branded Black T-Shirt)

#ProjectNarrative Tenants (the hand written ec3 manifesto on 10 Foundations of Professional Wrestling)

Your #ProjectNarrative Initiation Form

Entry into your #ProjectNarrative Seminar (hosted by ec3 and members of #CYN)

The first step into the next phase of your life.

Eligible only to TRAINED SPORTS-ENTERTAINERS. (If you are not, your money will not be refunded and #CYN has rights to refuse anyone and everyone.)

(If you feel this is a grift, you have not been in the professional wrestling industry long enough.)

We here at #ControlYourNarrative look forward to taking those who choose this bold endeavor into our fold.

You are taking back #Control

You are prepared to fight for your #Freedom.

Through #CYN you will find #Purpose.

-The Narrator

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

TV Zombie posted:

Are they declaring new spices/seasonings or are they just going to give me salt and pepper in its purest form which is...?

Stop contaminating your food with unpronounceable chemistry experiments like "cumin" (sounds like 'cum', maybe?) and "oh-reg-ano"! Are you even eating if you're not rolling a chicken breast in creatine?

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

What is a #Project?

Holy poo poo :stare:

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
waiting, desperately, for the first "EC3 didn't pay me" tweets

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
FREE THE NARRATIVE
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3995024

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

coconono posted:

Struggles and Ron > KG and Emil all loving day. Emil and Larry Legend tho, whole different level.

Is there a gimmick for Struggles or what? Because the last ICW show he sounded like he just got wasted and then started talking about random poo poo. Like is that his gimmick? Because if it is I will admit that I just don't like it and I find it detracts from the matches.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

SalTheBard posted:

Is there a gimmick for Struggles or what? Because the last ICW show he sounded like he just got wasted and then started talking about random poo poo. Like is that his gimmick? Because if it is I will admit that I just don't like it and I find it detracts from the matches.

he was drunk and freaked out a fan was trying to fight him. That’s why Shlak set up his merch table right behind commentary.

The proper struggles experience is Struggles being weirded the gently caress out by the violence and the people cheering it on while Ron sets the stage with some colorful witticisms until Struggles yells LETS FUCKIN GO because this is all there truly is to life. It’s the prime truths of the human existence laid uncomfortably bare.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Sooooo... this is dressing up the usual 'nameless geek sets up ring and sells tickets to his friends and if they're lucky they can work a 5 minute match before the actual bell time' poo poo with a bunch of cult-esque nonsense, yeah?

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

CYN reminds me of the cult in “It’s always sunny” so I can hope it ends with Braun eating a poo poo sandwich and EC3 going in to space

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

What is a #Project?

A “Project” is the proverbial aspiring “sports-entertainment” performer seeking “opportunity” to live their “dream.”
In the world of the “corporate wrestling brands” you are referred to as an “extra.” You are paid a meager penance to stand awkwardly in ill fitting dress clothes.

Scenario 1: you are led blindly through the “dark” into a match that you are not prepared for. You are sacrificed for the “corporate good.” You have a minor accolade that you humble brag about on social media. Quickly forgotten validation. You patiently wait 4-8 months for your next “opportunity.”

Scenario 2: you are put into outfit that says “SECURITY” or “POLICE.” Your authority is not respected and you, again, are sacrificed for the “corporate good.” You patiently wait 4-8 months for your next “opportunity.”

Scenario 3: You are fed adequately via “catering.” Nobody recognizes you exist. You patiently wait 4-8 months for your next “opportunity.”

Why become a #Project?

A #Project understands this circle is endless and contrived. Seeks something more. Deeper purpose.

Through #ControlYourNarrative they can “become who they are supposed to be.”

What does a #Project do?

A #Project is prepared to forgo their independent “sports-entertainment” persona and destroy this past through the trial and tribulation of The Narrative.

A #Project assumes their “Project Number” as their new handle. This number is their choice and must never be forgotten.

A #Project fills out their #ProjectNarrative Initiation Form. Signs this as both an NDA and waiver of liability.

A #Project attends a respective #ProjectNarrative Seminar where they will:

-Perform their Sports-Entertainment Persona.
-Undergo Psycho Analyzation by members of The Narrative.
-Brain Dump their truth. Their authentic selves.
-Accept criticism, critiques, and (verbal) castration.
-and finally, FIGHT.

Upon completion of the #ProjectNarrative seminar, the #Project has access and opportunity within #ControlYourNarrative.
Their number will be called to assist on ‘Fight Night’ set-up, promotional assistance, sponsor related sucking up activities, nefarious narrative business, while most importantly become eligible for prime position to fight in #ControlYourNarrative sanctioned events, and character developing segments on #ControlYourNarrative televised features.

Favoritism and Politics WILL BE PLAYED.

How to become a #Project?

Purchase your #ProjectPackage

This includes:

#Project sanctioned attire (1 Branded Black Hood. 1 Branded Black T-Shirt)

#ProjectNarrative Tenants (the hand written ec3 manifesto on 10 Foundations of Professional Wrestling)

Your #ProjectNarrative Initiation Form

Entry into your #ProjectNarrative Seminar (hosted by ec3 and members of #CYN)

The first step into the next phase of your life.

Eligible only to TRAINED SPORTS-ENTERTAINERS. (If you are not, your money will not be refunded and #CYN has rights to refuse anyone and everyone.)

(If you feel this is a grift, you have not been in the professional wrestling industry long enough.)

We here at #ControlYourNarrative look forward to taking those who choose this bold endeavor into our fold.

You are taking back #Control

You are prepared to fight for your #Freedom.

Through #CYN you will find #Purpose.

-The Narrator

Between this piece of writing and the CYN Shopify store being based out of Portland I'm starting to think the Narrator is Brandon Stroud

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

coconono posted:

he was drunk and freaked out a fan was trying to fight him. That’s why Shlak set up his merch table right behind commentary.

The proper struggles experience is Struggles being weirded the gently caress out by the violence and the people cheering it on while Ron sets the stage with some colorful witticisms until Struggles yells LETS FUCKIN GO because this is all there truly is to life. It’s the prime truths of the human existence laid uncomfortably bare.

Ohhhh ok. I didn't understand what was going on with Shlak and his merchandise booth or why they kept talking about it

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

well Shlak is very loud. and very dumb.

I still think about the time Shlak was utterly baffled why everyone was mad at Maria Manic for booking him on the queerdrag wrestling show

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

There's not enough laughter in the world to laugh at this hard enough.

All the mizarks are in the drat locker room!

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

It’s going to be very disappointing when Control Your Narrative turns out to be a domestic terrorism group and not a very funny wrestling promotion.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Lumbermouth posted:

It’s going to be very disappointing when Control Your Narrative turns out to be a domestic terrorism group and not a very funny wrestling promotion.

If they're trying to speedrun Fight Club, they're already missing the point, because it is already far too cishet

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

This has to be the funniest match description ever

Control Your Narrative is the most divorced wrestling promotion in history.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The boys are back in town

https://twitter.com/deadlockpro/status/1498795220401418242?s=20&t=ji8IzfRr4JSMTpIArd6Lrg

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
John Morrison is on the Bloodsport show and they're doing Biff Busick vs Moxley on it. Also Sadika vs Pagano in a lucha extrema match on Wrld on Lucha

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Minoru Suzuki's Spring Break dream match is....

Effy

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/1498822015410745351

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO L;LDFKJG;SLDKFJGH;SLEKRJNTL;KSDJNFGB

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Pinwiz11 posted:

https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/1498822015410745351

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO L;LDFKJG;SLDKFJGH;SLEKRJNTL;KSDJNFGB

I've never been so happy to accidentally buy tickets to the wrong show cause this is gonna whip.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/EFFYlives/status/1433868902589767680?t=z2tYqWMXK9ZKPuEsTU7zaw&s=19

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
just saw that Speedball is on that show and why wouldn't you book Speedball vs Suzuki instead of Effy or doing Dickinson vs Suzuki Bloodsport Part 2

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

KungFu Grip posted:

just saw that Speedball is on that show and why wouldn't you book Speedball vs Suzuki instead of Effy or doing Dickinson vs Suzuki Bloodsport Part 2

They are doing Dickinson-Suzuki at Bloodsport.

Speedball-Suzuki would be a good project for somewhere else, it makes too much sense in the surface for a Spring Break match.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Deathlove posted:

They are doing Dickinson-Suzuki at Bloodsport.

Speedball-Suzuki would be a good project for somewhere else, it makes too much sense in the surface for a Spring Break match.

Yeah especially for the late night show, which is supposed to be a insane clusterfuck by design. Effy vs Suzuki makes perfect sense in that context. Is Suzuki on part 1 or only part 2?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/defyNW/status/1499094713831510017

yooooo

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Eddie has had to cancel two shows at DEFY in Seattle already, lol if it happens again

He made it to Portland though at least!

The schedule DEFY has set for this year is insane, and they need more shows in Portland. driving to Seattle and back home immediately after sucks so bad.

The armory they use in Portland is awful but welp.

https://twitter.com/defynw/status/1498390344798547975?s=21

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hoping Speedball's enjoyed this time of being back in the US indies

https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/1499831888399192068

He won't have it for much longer on account of being dead on that show

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Hoodslam is live on twitch tonight at 7 PM PT/10 PM ET. I’ll be doing some production stuff tonight, should be fun! Crowd looks to be pretty big again as it’s an outdoor show

https://twitch.tv/hoodslam

https://twitter.com/hoodslam/status/1495078698969493504?s=21

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/ProWrestlingEVE/status/1499866087076335621

someone tell Rarity

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
this card is insane

https://twitter.com/WCProOfficial/status/1499827897774723073

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
uh dont know where else to post this but i guess allegations have come out about GCW's aj grey and matt justice

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/EnjoyWrestle/status/1501605480455720960
Good talent for Pitt Goons

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

https://twitter.com/WrestlePrestige/status/1501653147512492034

gently caress

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Masha Slamovich just wrestled Gary Jay at my local group (Journey Pro) and she's loving awesome.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

More important question: Did she murder Gary Jay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
NEW 5 is in the process of being posted. Technically their 4th numbered show, but NEW 4 had to be postponed.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfw6JkYCbX88Z0D3Adzehjvkrcd11bHOR