Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/Protodude/status/1496867981124644864

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

hatty posted:

Has X Dive always been this level of anime?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCCKbZWYYas

This is a level that exceeds Gunvolt which is surprising
That is certainly A Character Design there

Different region versions must be on different update schedules though, this boy is nowhere to be seen in the EU version currently and neither is any other of the OCs seen at the end of that trailer. Been playing X Dive for like a month, I kinda like it in general.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

The X Dive OCs have been fine up until the most recent batch.

RiCO is fine, iCO is fine, Iris -Another- is fine.

They've been getting weirder though. Of the latest three: Droitclair looks like a clown, Angepoityeir needs a bodysuit, Erato's mammaries are comically large and she has cat ears.

Speaking to that last one, they also pretty heavily sexualized Iris in the recent Monster Hunter Rise collaboration. We're talking like 2-3 full seconds of bouncy jiggle physics front and center as her character selection animation. At the end of the animation she appears to get embarrassed and cover herself with her hands so the devs knew exactly what they were doing.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

God I wish this would get licensed but it would probably come from loving Udon. They never reprinted Megamix/Gigamix and those new color versions have basically been cut off.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Tallgeese posted:

Erato's mammaries are comically large and she has cat ears.

I have not seen this character? She does not seem to be in the game in any form.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Yeah most I've seen is just a black silhouette that shows basically nothing.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Yeah, unless I missed something Erato has not been officially revealed in the game yet and no official art exists for the character as far as I can tell so I have no idea what you’re talking about here

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Erato's portrait has been datamined out.

Further, the next characters are Lab Coat/Casual/White Tron Bonne and Gate. White Tron is limited, Gate is not.

The latter's art and intro are absolutely amazing, straight up top class. His skills are decent looking too. An absolute must pull in my book but I don't have the 25k needed to guarantee him so I must refrain.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Feb 27, 2022

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Tallgeese posted:

Erato's portrait has been datamined out.

Further, the next characters are Lab Coat/Casual/White Tron Bonne and Gate. White Tron is limited, Gate is not.

The latter's art and intro are absolutely amazing, straight up top class. His skills are decent looking too. An absolute must pull in my book but I don't have the 25k needed to guarantee him so I must refrain.

Gotcha, have any links to images of Erato and the former on hand out of curiosity?

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Erato:

https://i.imgur.com/Bq8G0g1.png

Next banner:

https://i.imgur.com/vqpLiCT.png

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
X Dive seems bad but that Gate is pretty cool

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Here's Gate's intro:

https://twitter.com/JinMinClouds/status/1497089965532286980

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sigma's intro is my favorite one because it's straight up the scene from Day of Sigma where he fucks up X.

X Dive's mobage nature gives it fundamental flaws, but the people making it do seem to have a love for the series that makes me think they probably could handle an X9 decently.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

The problem with any sort of X game is, well, X7 and 8 more or less don't really have good points to continue from.

Now one that basically ignores everything after X6 has potential.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Tallgeese posted:

The problem with any sort of X game is, well, X7 and 8 more or less don't really have good points to continue from.

You can just have new villains that aren't Sigma, or lead into the elf wars.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Trusting Capcom with an X villain other than Sigma after they gave us the trash heap that was Lumine? Absolutely not.

Nuke everything after X6, replace Axl with the hilariously battle-crazy Iris Another so this isn't entirely a sausage fest because there is no way to reasonably handwave copy chips not being ubiquitous, and then we're talking.

Oh, and abuse the ambiguity of X6's line about repairing Gate to bring that smug fucker back. Going to be absolute hell finding a new voice for the golden boy, admittedly.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Gate would have been a perfectly fine villain if they didn't revive sigma at the end. Still not a great *game* but whatever. Epsilon was fine.

Tallgeese posted:

Just continue with the command mission timeline. Sigma's been dead for a hundred years, and while there aren't any existential threats for survival, there are still problems.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

You'd have to trash the whole Zero series to do that because that's Mother Elf's whole deal, wiping out Sigma.

That's why any hypothetical X9 has to bring back Siggy to make sense.

Proposed first form:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Command mission is already in its own version of 23XX, it's fine even if they don't zelda timeline it

Tunicate fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Feb 27, 2022

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Well, if I remember right they did leave open a sequel possibility, so a CM2 could be good, sure.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Just make an Elf Wars series.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Please don't make me install this game.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Command Mission 2 would be cool but they have to keep X's laser scarf :colbert:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The scarf shows up in Dive as an unlockable outfit for X (also much like Command Mission, Cinnamon is the best character in the game once you build her up a bit)

To X Dive’s credit at least, there’s a wide variety of characters to choose from (from pretty much every incarnation of the franchise for that matter), the story has gotten pretty interesting as of late in my opinion (no idea how much is left to go at this point though), and unlike a lot of gacha games it gives you enough tool so that there’s basically no need to spend any actual money on it (also some of the HD recreations of the SNES era bosses look pretty cool in my opinion)

Granted, some of the new designs are a bit hit and miss and the game’s idea of difficulty seems to be “lock you in a small room and hurl a bunch of enemies at you” but there’s clearly a lot of love for the series thrown in as well (I still want a proper X9 someday though)

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Larryb posted:

the game’s idea of difficulty seems to be “lock you in a small room and hurl a bunch of enemies at you”

Ah, so it is a successor to X8.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Tallgeese posted:

The Zero series is already pretty much "what if we ignored everything after X5?"

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Dabir posted:

Ah, so it is a successor to X8.

More or less, yeah

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Wrex Ruckus posted:

Please don't make me install this game.

It's not real, but everyone sane is praying for Capcom Taiwan to make it a reality.

However, they did recently show Sigma some serious love by making him into this absolute hunk of man-metal that is written to behave how he was prior to viral infection:

No I am not loving with you, this is an actual ingame design:

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Feb 27, 2022

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Kingdom Hearts Sigma lookin’ sharp.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Tallgeese posted:

It's not real, but everyone sane is praying for Capcom Taiwan to make it a reality.

However, they did recently show Sigma some serious love by making him into this absolute hunk of man-metal that is written to behave how he was prior to viral infection:

No I am not loving with you, this is an actual ingame design:

holy poo poo

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

Larryb posted:

Yeah, as I recall MMIIGB was made by a different team that didn’t really have much experience with Megaman (which is why it has a different look and feel than the other four). Probably would have been better to just remake the game from scratch

Out of curiosity, why was that one game foisted off on another group while the rest of the “World” series as it’s known in Japan was developed in-house?

The PC version of Mega Man X was rebuilt from scratch because Capcom refused to give the company porting it the source code.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I wish I Wasn't tired as poo poo of f2p mobile games trying to monopolize my gaming time.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Picked up the Zero collection for switch as I've never played them and this is almost a perfect Mega Man game if it wasn't for the e-crystals

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Senator Drinksalot posted:

The PC version of Mega Man X was rebuilt from scratch because Capcom refused to give the company porting it the source code.
Also from Rozner Labs, the same people who made the lovely DOS classic series games.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Darth TNT posted:

I wish I Wasn't tired as poo poo of f2p mobile games trying to monopolize my gaming time.

Believe me I agree, but when you have love-letter-to-Megaman characters like these I just cannot resist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cojoJ3W260A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_G6f85v9Is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MizWUmlUF8A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFQxdeS2QKY

The first one is especially funny.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Feb 28, 2022

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Zeether posted:

Also from Rozner Labs, the same people who made the lovely DOS classic series games.

I think the classic ones were done by only one dude in his free time and Capcom decided to release them, possibly the world's first fan games. The X port was after that guy had a proper team and was doing all kinds of work in the industry. Very funny Capcom hired them to port X and then refused to give them any resources to do said port.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
X Dive is probably the only thing keep Megaman around so it's a bit of a monkey's paw. It is very much a huge love letter.

And probably the only way for Volunutt to be alive :v:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Shindragon posted:

X Dive is probably the only thing keep Megaman around so it's a bit of a monkey's paw. It is very much a huge love letter.

And probably the only way for Volunutt to be alive :v:

Roll, Tron, and the Servbots are also playable but yeah, this is probably the closest we’re ever going to get to seeing the Legends characters again (in fact, there’s at least 3 characters from every incarnation of the franchise from Classic to Star Force present in the game)

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Tallgeese posted:

Believe me I agree, but when you have love-letter-to-Megaman characters like these I just cannot resist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cojoJ3W260A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_G6f85v9Is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MizWUmlUF8A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFQxdeS2QKY

The first one is especially funny.

X Dive is weirdly legit at times. Got the steam version even though people are incredibly mad about it due to the dickery involved with region locking.

Don't-Give-No-Fucks Shades Volnut is hilarious and a good example of the sort of thing they do when they're allowed to step away from canon or producing fanservicey waifu characters without Taicom freaking out. The devs seem to like the absurder parts of the franchise, and generally trolling players with weird characters when they get away with it.

Keep in mind that this is the game that introduced an alternate universe version of Iris where she was (or became) the Colonel. Said character is not only not depicted as some scantily clad waifu but basically is a love letter to a hypothetical better ending to that one infamous scene from X4 where Iris didn't get murked to further the edginess and angst of the games.

Aside from Dive Armor X the anniversary includes a non-traditional character named Angepitoir or whatever* who is still making me chuckle every now and then.

Kid is like half the size of most traditional MMX characters and has an absurdly powerful charge-dash skill where it sounds like he screams DOOOOOOOOM every time he uses it.

To get an idea of why this is so enraging to some folks picture some whale coming into a match with a maxed rank MMX1 era Sigma (Basically gives you absurd burst invuln before factoring in the skill that does that too along with high damage potential.) and just getting rofl stomped by some dipshit two star robot kid who repeatedly nut shots him by hurtling at him at mach 1 and you get some pretty epic rage from certain players who expected that cash=dominance.

*He had might as well be called Kid Astolfo. The best way to describe him is as some demented mix of Astro Boy, a kid Astolfo from Fate, and Kid Icarus if he was a cupid. Apparently he was made to deliberately gently caress with the traditional aesthetics of the series on purpose so there's a lot of rage from uber nerds too about not getting another generic Megaman alternate in recolored armor or something like that.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Feb 28, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
I hate Dive's predatory monetary decisions, but goddamn if it doesn't have representation from every series. You can play as Bit. Bit. Like, yeah, the waifu poo poo is disgusting and pandering to the worst sort of people -- no, I do not want to see Roll in a swimsuit -- but aside from that I am really impressed.

At this point I fully expect them to add Mighty #9, Brain Bot, Gutsman in a speedo, Arthur, Crystal Eye Megaman, Gutsman hanging dong, Megaman Juno, Picketman, and Gutsman with tits.