Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Level 28 Sabin with a pain of hero rings and phantom rush sure makes quick work of bosses (since he's doing 9999 to targets). I wasn't expecting to beat the dragon in Narshe on my first try with a team including a level 22 Mog, let alone that quickly. I'd also forgotten just how bad Meteor's damage is for its cost, especially when Ultima only costs a bit more MP and hits significantly harder.

Took a bunch of retries to kill the samurai soul for the master scroll since it could OHKO everyone except sabin if it used any ninja scrolls, and even Sabin still took nearly 1k damage from most of those despite having a force shield on.

Commander Keene posted:

I think Cleretic might be Black Mage, folks.

Cleretic's made some bad posts in the past but even they don't deserve to be compared to something as awful as 8-bit theater.

PneumonicBook posted:

You can break the game in so many ways that are never required and do more damage then genji gloves, or offering/genji gloves ever will.

The right setup results in 9999x8 damage, or close to it if you're juggling valiant+atma instead of dual atma weapons (only viable in the last fight in this version I'd guess).

Though no fight can do much of anything against a team of 4 ultima+quick casters except die quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

jokes posted:

Why does FF6, (one of) the best of the FFs, not simply eat the rest of the FFs?

Because 6 is afraid of 7.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Because 6 is afraid of 7.

I heard it ate 9

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Last Celebration posted:

Isn’t that how it’s supposed to work, since he naturally only has a 50% chance of doing the actual rage ability? Or am I missing something?

Nope, Gau doesn't Rage in auto battle unless you do it for him before setting Auto.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The enemy "Chaser" has resulted in a softlock for me every time I've encountered it on the Veldt. It's annoying because when it dies, it's supposed to spawn enemies that teach multiple lores. A patch would be nice.

dracula vladdy AF
May 6, 2011

Bongo Bill posted:

The enemy "Chaser" has resulted in a softlock for me every time I've encountered it on the Veldt. It's annoying because when it dies, it's supposed to spawn enemies that teach multiple lores. A patch would be nice.

this has also happened to me. once it worked normally but subsequent times it has not

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
There are just a lot of bugs and weird design badness in VI PR. Here's a steam thread about bugs people have encountered:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1173820/discussions/0/3185738120269912863/

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
It kinda rocks that the buggiest (but also best) FF's remaster has completely new and exciting bugs lol

I haven't messed with it other than the music menu though

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

The only stopping bug was not being able to recruit Gogo, but they hotfixed that one I think.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1498215225505447938

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

9 being so low is going to piss off a few posters here in games I feel.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'm surprised 6 ranked so high, thought it wasn't as favored in Japan as it is in the West.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

huh, thought 6 always placed low on japanese rankings

e:fb

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

5, 6, 7, 10 are probably always going to be top 4. Just dang good FFs

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

What's the best qol mod for 7 on Steam?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

That feels like a v weird list, I wonder what the average age of a yahoo japan user is

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Interesting. The last time they had a poll FFX won. I'm guessing FF7 and FF6 moved up because of FF7R and the PRs

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Time for a FF5R after stranger of paradise blows everyone’s tits off

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Yahoo! probably also has a different demographic than whatever other magazines usually do these polls. Like, you'll probably see a major difference of FF rankings between sites like IGN and GameFAQs.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

jokes posted:

Time for a FF5R after stranger of paradise blows everyone’s tits off

“No Butz, you are the ExDeath”

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Butz is a bunch of heroic souls shoved up a random butt.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Gilgamesh is Butz’s dad, tainted by the dark powers of Exdeath. While he doesn’t remember who he once was, Gilgamesh still felt respect, admiration, even love for Butz. Only by sacrificing himself was he freed from his prison and could stand against Exdeath once again.

However, before his soul was able to go and help Butz in his fight against Exdeath it transcended space and time and was slowly purified by Gilgamesh’s trials across the final fantasies, making Gilgamesh the canon Dad of Light

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The name's Butz. Seymour Butz.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
My names Butz. Butz Exdeath.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

PneumonicBook posted:

I did a playthrough when I was younger where I kept Odin and pumped Speed on a bunch of characters. It was silly and not worth it but that ATB sure went fast!
Same. It wasn't until this thread I found all that effort was pointless.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

A prime piece of advice for FF7 is to grind endlessly for stat boosts, then give every single one to Aeris.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

oh yeah i wonder what FF gamefaqs polls are like in 2022

Edit:

wow 4 squeenix games this month...

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Babylons Fall looks like absolute wank. I saw a recent trailer and it looked a beta, but it comes out this Friday for 60 bucks.

Oh, if only they'd greenlight a Nier successor.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Thank you for reminding me that Rune Factory 5 is out this month.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

oh yeah i wonder what FF gamefaqs polls are like in 2022

Edit:

wow 4 squeenix games this month...
holy poo poo what a way to find out RF5 also drops this month

somehow Kirby isn't going to be gotm

Hellioning posted:

Thank you for reminding me that Rune Factory 5 is out this month.
lmao I'm not the only one who didn't know (even if you once knew)

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Mega64 posted:

Yahoo! probably also has a different demographic than whatever other magazines usually do these polls. Like, you'll probably see a major difference of FF rankings between sites like IGN and GameFAQs.

The big one from last year was from Japan's national broadcaster and had nearly half a million submissions. I consider that one much more credible because of that last one, not only does Yahoo Japan have a different demographic (although I'd have no idea how legit Yahoo are in Japan) but it was also much smaller, meaning that it'd be easier for a more localized and dedicated fanbase to skew it.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Isn't yahoo auctions like the ebay of Japan?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Yes. Yahoo is huge over there

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Chocobo GP is gonna be the sleeper hit

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003
Japanese Yahoo is more relevant than the US version (being basically Softbank paying for the naming rights insulated it from the scavenging that occured to the US side), but it's definitely been primarily about the auctions for a long time now--the big prestige advertising, naming rights to the Fukuoka baseball stadium, transitioned from "Yahoo Dome" to "Yahoo Auctions Dome" in 2013 (and is now Paypay Dome, for Softbank's Paypal/Alipay competitor.)

The NHK ranking is definitely gonna be more indicative of the public at large.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Chocobo GP is gonna be the sleeper hit

Killing Chaos is gonna be the smash hit everyone expects it to be.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

the poll is bullshit because final fantasy 8 is not number 1 very disgraceful

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Incredibly shameful that both MMOs are on there but 13 isn't

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
We need to go to the moon again.

It won’t happen, but I would unironically love if in the last quarter of XVI the story did a classic FF derail and suddenly we’re on a spaceship to the moon to fight capitalism/ghosts/a runaway AI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Elephant Ambush posted:

Incredibly shameful that both MMOs are on there but 13 isn't

It was in the correct position and received the correct number of votes