Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The real problem with the strike-ified battlegrounds is they made all the numbers bigger so it takes longer to do a run. I generally liked the original version, they were fairly quick matches with a ton of shooting cabal but now there's a bunch of standing around waiting for drop pods so you can hit the 100% progress and get the next anti-generator greeble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

xzzy posted:

The real problem with the strike-ified battlegrounds is they made all the numbers bigger so it takes longer to do a run. I generally liked the original version, they were fairly quick matches with a ton of shooting cabal but now there's a bunch of standing around waiting for drop pods so you can hit the 100% progress and get the next anti-generator greeble.

that... is how it worked originally

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Mazerunner posted:

that... is how it worked originally

No poo poo?

I'm saying they made it take longer to fill to 100%.

Pioneer42
Jun 8, 2010
I know they have done their best to walk me through it with the quest prompts, but I just don't understand weapon crafting. I'm sure it will come to me eventually, but all these different currencies with wizard names and having to rotate through suboptimal weapons to get them is discouraging me from engaging with it.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The real cost of weapon crafting isn't in resources, it's in inventory slots filled with half-ground weapons

Turra
Oct 28, 2006

Help! A guinea pig tricked me.
I guess if you leave them for later you might accumulate quite a few and it could get overwhelming, but I've just basically equipped any that drop right away, finish my next activity and they're basically done. Rip the stuff out and then assess if it's worth keeping on its own merits.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
Activity completion gives a huge chunk of progress to equipped red weapons, so cycle them in near the end of a strike or crucible match or whatever. There's no need to be one of those nerds who does the most tediously efficient farming method.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Bungie should just leave Moco around all the time. Not only is it good for the dumb pvp catalyst stuff but it's just more fun pvp for me most times.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:
Yeah in my limited experience using one of the weapons throughout a strike and completing the strike yields about 80ish% completion. Load up vanguards ops and go ham.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
I've had several equipped like heavies that I never got to use and they still completed the resonance lol

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

That’s incredibly helpful, thanks.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

xzzy posted:

No poo poo?

I'm saying they made it take longer to fill to 100%.

That's odd, to me the Battlegrounds felt like they took about the same time to complete as pre-WQ.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The vanguard ops battlegrounds seem to be equivalent to the old director-picked battlegrounds, which were easier than the playlist versions. So it's easier to wipe entire squads quickly and have to wait around before the next one arrives

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Cheap Trick posted:

That's odd, to me the Battlegrounds felt like they took about the same time to complete as pre-WQ.

Maybe people running strikes are even worse at killing than in the past because I swear it takes longer. There were also a couple points where I was standing around with nothing to shoot waiting for new spawns. When I did battlegrounds last season it felt like it was nonstop murder from zone into completion.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The vanguard battle grounds are insanely boring, IMHO. I don't think the strike Playlist has benefitted from adding them...

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
They're pretty much strikes by another name, it makes sense to add them. The strike playlist has been stale for years now, and still is.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
:siren: do not waste your craftballs on enhanced perks :siren: *

* except enhanced one two punch

PERMACAV 50 fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Feb 28, 2022

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Pioneer42 posted:

I know they have done their best to walk me through it with the quest prompts, but I just don't understand weapon crafting. I'm sure it will come to me eventually, but all these different currencies with wizard names and having to rotate through suboptimal weapons to get them is discouraging me from engaging with it.

what exactly do you find unintuitive about terms like “deepsight resonance extraction”

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Honestly it looks like some of them are great! (but WAY more are either underwhelming or literally do nothing which is lol)

Also, are there alternative uses for Craftballs? Should I be using them for something else if not Enhanced Perks?

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Honestly it looks like some of them are great! (but WAY more are either underwhelming or literally do nothing which is lol)

Also, are there alternative uses for Craftballs? Should I be using them for something else if not Enhanced Perks?

Your Osteo Striga catalyst will cost 3 but besides that, I don’t think so.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The catalyst is basically a very powerful perk so that tracks

Still wish there was a way to get a complete picture of all the crafting resources you have that doesn't involve loading into the enclave

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

haveblue posted:

loading into the enclave

And ruining any activity streak you have going.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Ugh Streaks continue to be one of the worst ideas and implementations in a while

You can see your inventory of all materials except uh.. I don't remember what it's called, but the thing you get +200 of with every Extraction. That one seems to require a trip to the Enclaive but all other materials are visible any time you can open your Inventory (or DIM!)

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
Activity streaks are better than win streaks but overall are still just not great. The only time it's worth it is when you really click with an activity and want to just grind it out for multiple sessions in a row but also deciding not to worry about other incidental things. Iron Banner weeks are amazing because I can just play and play and get 2 or 3 Crucible resets. Or next week when it's double Vanguard rep. I'll probably just get a whole reset in by switching between characters and weapons throughout the week because there is a ton of new content available in it.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The idea of streaks is OK but doing 5 activities in a row to max it out and then more to take advantage of it is a big time investment even for a game entirely defined by being a big time investment

Any noncombat space that deletes your streak should be considered a bug

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Convert streaks to keying off your K/D ratio so we can have tryhards in strikes raging that you caused a wipe and lowered their gains.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Streaks feel like a weird anachronism for the state of grinding. Like if anything it should be a boost for doing the first one instead of encouraging burn out by encouraging people to run a 6th consecutive strike or whatever.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Sure but then the initial boost is the expected baseline and after that, the perception is that you’re being penalized for continuing on. Damned either way.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Give me an immediate lump-sum boost of Rep for completing my 5th one in a row, and tell me "good job you did a max streak; go take a break"

Don't make me do 5 to get warmed up and then design the Grind around the 6th+ run

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

so glad my useless warlock character still had an exotic cypher from a few seasons ago to pick up the vorpal DMT this weekend. Had to use a way old D2 app that lets you select old seasons to claim rewards.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Majere posted:

D2 app that lets you select old seasons to claim rewards.

Oh yeah, if anyone still needs their loot from last season, it lives at this link

https://www.bungie.net/7/en/Seasons/PreviousSeason

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Just got the Outbreak Perfected catalyst. It's been awhile since I used this gun, I forgot how great it feels. I just wished it had the full-auto update that the legendary pulse rifles got :smith:. Does the catalyst make a huge difference on it?

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

When is the full auto menu option coming? I was expecting it this season.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Junkenstein posted:

When is the full auto menu option coming? I was expecting it this season.

The relevant TWAB said “a season after Witch Queen launches.”

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Mill Village posted:

That Lightblade Strike is going to be fun on Grandmaster.

Especially if they don't fix the whole getting stuck on the boat thing.

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

PERMACAV 50 posted:

The relevant TWAB said “a season after Witch Queen launches.”

Ughh

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Mesadoram posted:

Just got the Outbreak Perfected catalyst. It's been awhile since I used this gun, I forgot how great it feels. I just wished it had the full-auto update that the legendary pulse rifles got :smith:. Does the catalyst make a huge difference on it?
Even without the catalyst it feels great thanks to the exotic primary and pulse rifle buffs.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Collateral Damage posted:

Even without the catalyst it feels great thanks to the exotic primary and pulse rifle buffs.

I just unlocked the catalyst and it seems like it just murders groups of enemies so much quicker now. It is kind of insane, but it does make me wonder if it will be any good at higher level mission.

Edit: Grinding out the catalyst for Whisper and it's a little absurd. 5 kills for 1%. If it did not use heavy ammo I would not care too much, but come on :smith:.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Feb 28, 2022

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
Dares exists to grind heavy catalysts with the infinite ammo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Mesadoram posted:

I just unlocked the catalyst and it seems like it just murders groups of enemies so much quicker now. It is kind of insane, but it does make me wonder if it will be any good at higher level mission.

Edit: Grinding out the catalyst for Whisper and it's a little absurd. 5 kills for 1%. If it did not use heavy ammo I would not care too much, but come on :smith:.

The DARCI catalyst was what finally broke my need to complete everything the game offers me. I now have probably a dozen or so unfinished exotic catalysts that I simply have zero intention of ever grinding out