Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

My Gunlancer

Sorc

Scrapper (I need to figure out a color scheme for her armor. I am very bad at fashion souls)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iTrust
Mar 25, 2010

It's not good for your health.

:frogc00l:

What is this? I want my Sorc to wear clothes ASAP and this is pretty good.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

iTrust posted:

that's one of the armor choices from the founder's pack

sup

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
Yeah, my sorc has part of that skin visible in the screenshot I shared. I just really liked how it matched my battle dress - weapon, legs, and headpiece are all the lawbreaker set. :lmao:

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

iTrust posted:

Unfortunately its the lawmaker skin(founders pack gold, plat) so unavailable outside of buying one off the in game market (about 10k gold) or finding a key that most likely costs far more than the packs were worth.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
I'm not too big of a fan of the sorceress t2 set because you lose your twin scarf tails when it existed all the way since the first equipment you got (I think? or I have been wearing the same gear for far too long) and its like a piece is missing. Everything else is great though. Much better than the yellow dress in t1. I hope t3 we get the scarf back!

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Hmm I just got a black screen when I tried to use the ocean liner and now I cannot get teleport to my stronghold

Tunzie
Aug 9, 2008
Yeah, Mari's been a bit screwey for a few hours, my friends and I gave up after we all got stuck on a black screen trying to dock after not being able to go to a stonghold.

Rotten
May 21, 2002

As a shadow I walk in the land of the dead

M. Night Skymall posted:

you can do a quest in luterra that gives 15 green class books and 7 rare class books

Which quest is that? Just KT'd an alt and some skill books would help out a ton.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Rotten posted:

Which quest is that? Just KT'd an alt and some skill books would help out a ton.

Purple quest called memories of luterra. Starts in the castle I think.

Rotten
May 21, 2002

As a shadow I walk in the land of the dead

M. Night Skymall posted:

Purple quest called memories of luterra. Starts in the castle I think.

Thanks! That was it.
Sure would be nice if the game told you these things.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
The whole thing where an abyssal attempt will count for your one try unless the group votes to give up had brought out some real toxicity to match making. I've had it a couple of times where as soon as someone asks a question about how to do a boss someone starts a vote to give up and then just straight up grief till people relent. On the first tier 2 abyssal we one shot the first boss, missed the second by a little bit and one person just spammed the give up vote, then did nothing for the next few tries. We still killed the boss and the person just trash talked the whole time.

iTrust
Mar 25, 2010

It's not good for your health.

:frogc00l:

DurosKlav posted:

Unfortunately its the lawmaker skin(founders pack gold, plat) so unavailable outside of buying one off the in game market (about 10k gold) or finding a key that most likely costs far more than the packs were worth.

drat my miserly ways causing me to only opt for the Silver pack at the time.

At least I'm on my way to leaving this yellow swimsuit behind (...although I don't know what T2 looks like)

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

joepinetree posted:

The whole thing where an abyssal attempt will count for your one try unless the group votes to give up had brought out some real toxicity to match making. I've had it a couple of times where as soon as someone asks a question about how to do a boss someone starts a vote to give up and then just straight up grief till people relent. On the first tier 2 abyssal we one shot the first boss, missed the second by a little bit and one person just spammed the give up vote, then did nothing for the next few tries. We still killed the boss and the person just trash talked the whole time.

yeah it sucks. I alt-f4 often because I get frustrated enough at the team and don't want to go through the rigmarole of going through the vote and having someone decline it or have people start pointing fingers, etc.. As I get into the harder guardian raids and the abyssal dungeons I can feel the grip of this game slipping on me a bit, just because of stuff like this. Or the instakill mechanics. I love healing in this game but I hate healing for randos in raids because everyone always assumes I'm there to stop them from dying when they forgot all their potions and keep dying to non-wipe mechanics.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
The server issues on Mari makes me afraid to do anything significant like Chaos Dungeons, Guardian Raids, or Abyssal Dungeons. I have tried teleporting or sailing, and there are occasion times that the screen turns black or the game says that the client cannot connect so the game closes. I am still locked out of my stronghold. I have had occasions where I cannot use some of my characters. At least there is finally some acknowledgement:

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
I hit t2 last night. The Scrapper armor looks like the Hellfire armor from FFXIV except that the back is completely open. I think I'll focus on some roster wide stuff now like runes, skill point potions, and like 70% completion for adventure book zones.

Hoping crystal prices drop during the weekdays tough. They were at 500 gold for 95 late Saturday night and I put up an offer Sunday morning but prices went up to like 700 that day.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
I was getting 5k ping spikes on Una last night, first time seeing that. Glad I wasn’t running anything high stakes.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

Flair posted:

The server issues on Mari makes me afraid to do anything significant like Chaos Dungeons, Guardian Raids, or Abyssal Dungeons. I have tried teleporting or sailing, and there are occasion times that the screen turns black or the game says that the client cannot connect so the game closes. I am still locked out of my stronghold. I have had occasions where I cannot use some of my characters. At least there is finally some acknowledgement:

I was able to do all the instanced content fine on Mari yesterday (Chaos, Guardian, Abyssal) but it seemed like people were having problems with strongholds and ships. Hopefully we get some compensation for the problems.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

OGS-Remix posted:

I was able to do all the instanced content fine on Mari yesterday (Chaos, Guardian, Abyssal) but it seemed like people were having problems with strongholds and ships. Hopefully we get some compensation for the problems.

It seems like the problems started during the peak hours for US west i.e. when Mari gets a queue. I manage to clear my dailies before that, but my stronghold just got lab lvl 3, and I want to churn some of the new research.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Hyper Inferno posted:

I hit t2 last night. The Scrapper armor looks like the Hellfire armor from FFXIV except that the back is completely open. I think I'll focus on some roster wide stuff now like runes, skill point potions, and like 70% completion for adventure book zones.

Hoping crystal prices drop during the weekdays tough. They were at 500 gold for 95 late Saturday night and I put up an offer Sunday morning but prices went up to like 700 that day.

I feel like hoarding (blue) crystals is the way to go if you don’t plan on loving with gold. Seems there’s a lot of inflation pressure that makes gold prices go high as gently caress, but crystal prices are fixed.

Skins that used to be like 800g are like 15k

Is there anyway to turn (blue) crystals into gold?

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Apparently in Korea 100 crystals will run you about 18k gold because of inflation from higher tier dungeons giving out a lot of gold, so its liable to only get worse

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Dope I’ve been turning gold into crystals at every opportunity and now I have like 3k banked up.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

jokes posted:

Dope I’ve been turning gold into crystals at every opportunity and now I have like 3k banked up.

This is pretty much what everyone should be doing. Keep as little gold as you actually need but turn the rest into crystals.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

But there’s no way to go from blue crystals to gold is there

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

MarcusSA posted:

This is pretty much what everyone should be doing. Keep as little gold as you actually need but turn the rest into crystals.

Crystals as in the blue shop crystals? Sorry there's a dozen different kinds of crystals in the game

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

jokes posted:

But there’s no way to go from blue crystals to gold is there

No.

explosivo posted:

Crystals as in the blue shop crystals? Sorry there's a dozen different kinds of crystals in the game

Correct.

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Everyone who loves chaos dungeons: play a first intention wardancer

You will stop loving chaos dungeons

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Okay and this is because there's a way to exchange it back for more gold? I really haven't dabbled with the currencies much up to this point so I'm not even sure what's possible.

Also I just did a chaos dungeon where someone went AFK and we quickly realized there's no way to kick someone from the dungeon? We had to wait for the timer to run out at which point we were told we failed and it still ate my 50 aura anyway. Really seems crazy to me that they have no way to kick someone who has gone afk.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

It’s because crystal prices for things are fixed.

So if it costs you 2000g to buy 800 crystals today that’s nice and cool but a year from now it’ll take 200,000g to buy 800 crystals.

For me, I have 3000 crystals which is worth 15,000g but I spent significantly less getting them. And if I stop playing for like a year, I’ll still be able to buy the same amount of poo poo with my gems while the same amount of gold will be worth far, far less.

jokes fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Feb 28, 2022

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

If the server is unfucked this evening anyone on Mari want to group up and do the Tytalos raid a few times. Now that I hit 580 those honing mats are a bit sparse and pugs are bad.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

jokes posted:

It’s because crystal prices for things are fixed.

So if it costs you 2000g to buy 800 crystals today that’s nice and cool but a year from now it’ll take 200,000g to buy 800 crystals.

For me, I have 3000 crystals which is worth 15,000g but I spent significantly less getting them. And if I stop playing for like a year, I’ll still be able to buy the same amount of poo poo with my gems while the same amount of gold will be worth far, far less.

Gotcha, I understand. I guess my thing is I don't know what you can even buy with crystals because I so rarely open the shop. Gold seems more useful to me but I suppose I don't need to keep over a thousand or so on me at any given time.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

explosivo posted:

Okay and this is because there's a way to exchange it back for more gold? I really haven't dabbled with the currencies much up to this point so I'm not even sure what's possible.

Also I just did a chaos dungeon where someone went AFK and we quickly realized there's no way to kick someone from the dungeon? We had to wait for the timer to run out at which point we were told we failed and it still ate my 50 aura anyway. Really seems crazy to me that they have no way to kick someone who has gone afk.

You have to warn them first. Then you can vote kick them.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Kaedric posted:

Everyone who loves playing chao dungeons, play a Gunlancer.

You bounce around murdering and dont afraid of anything.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

You have to warn them first. Then you can vote kick them.

Oh see I thought this was the case but it was giving me an error when I tried it, like it said I wasn't in the same area or something. I wasn't the host though so maybe they have to start it?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Are people doing some kind of exploit to not use up chaos entries or something?

I'm seeing a ton of people just bail before stage 3 the last couple days and it doesn't seem like connection issues.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Good Citizen posted:

I'm seeing a ton of people just bail before stage 3 the last couple days and it doesn't seem like connection issues.

I think if you're spamming them for the "bonus" mats after using up Aura it's most efficient to stop after stage 2.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Kaedric posted:

Chaos dungeons are bizarrely bad on Wardancer, I really don't get it. Don't play first intention though, you're better off running no engraving and using call of the wind god. Or just get a cheap non-class engraving like contender and run that so you get some kind of bonus.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Good Citizen posted:

they're fishing for boss/gold portals

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Spuckuk posted:

Everyone who loves playing chao dungeons, play a Gunlancer.

You bounce around murdering and dont afraid of anything.

Gunlancer is my main, so perhaps I am spoiled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

After re-rolling, cleared all the T1 stuff just now, invluding a barely geared enough group on Necromancers Origin that was a very learn as you go experience.

I think the abyss dungeons are hard but fair, as long as you aren't at the bare minimum gear, at least so far. You just can't carry anyone who doesn't want to bother with mechanics.