Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

At least all the dlc only costs 5 bucks now instead of 3000 dollars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In Training posted:

At least all the dlc only costs 5 bucks now instead of 3000 dollars.

Royal court was 30 dollars if you didn’t have the special edition. Lol

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Paradox is just gonna get more aids now that they're publicly owned

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Anbennar is awesome. Other than that, vanilla mapgaming has never been worse.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

it's funny to me that for years increasing development was a paid feature for eu4, despite being an integral part of events, mission trees, institutions etc. the theoretical point of the dlc model was that you don't need to buy any dlc to get a complete experience but they never bothered to maintain that facade

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

BBJoey posted:

it's funny to me that for years increasing development was a paid feature for eu4, despite being an integral part of events, mission trees, institutions etc. the theoretical point of the dlc model was that you don't need to buy any dlc to get a complete experience but they never bothered to maintain that facade

yea it’s a real paradox

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Stairmaster posted:

Paradox is just gonna get more aids now that they're publicly owned

they suck so bad lately. my brother and i used to play a lot of them online but every DLC creates more bugs and they've just kind of stopped fixing them.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

BBJoey posted:

when did this change bc maybe it's why I had a lot more fun than the last time I played lol. I remember just having to wait 120 years for institutions to find their way to my borders instead of just dropping some dev on my capital to speed things along

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

their games were bug ridden pieces of poo poo before the DLC model too, don't make excuses for them

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

P-Mack posted:

their games were bug ridden pieces of poo poo before the DLC model too, don't make excuses for them

at various times fewer devs needed to be killed

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

P-Mack posted:

paradox has always been bad but for a brief 2 or so years ck2 and eu4 were really good.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

P-Mack posted:

they were but it's gotten way worse - they're approaching EA levels of "this crashes to desktop for weeks after launch" except that weeks after launch includes whenever they do new DLC, so it almost always just doesn't work, at all.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

paradox has always been bad but for a brief 2 or so years ck2 and eu4 were really good.

yep

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Larry Parrish posted:

:hai:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wake up bro it's 2015. we're playing eu4 mp for 8 hours, barely talking the whole time except to get pissed at inflation events

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

Yep, that was a real good couple of years while it lasted. The golden age of map gaming IMO.

By the way, is CK3 actually pretty good at this point, by the way? Imperator's a lost cause still, I assume. I bought and sampled both at release, but they didn't really grab me the same way CK2 and early EU4 did.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
CK3 feels like a tech demo to me, still. It's streamer bait for an audience that didn't play CK2.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

It's very refined and user friendly but lacking in actual content. They seem to be focused on doing fewer, larger dlcs so who knows when it'll catch up enough to make it an more solid upgrade to ck2

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Ah, fair enough. Well then, I think I'll leave it to age a while longer, then maybe once they have a couple of content packs out, I might get 'em on sale and try it out then.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Gonna shill Anbennar again for the map game heads. It blows vanilla EU4 out of the water by doing fun things with garbage rear end features and adds new ones like magic and racial minorities/genocide. Basically every tag has a mission tree that BTFOs the ones paradox charges for.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Major Isoor posted:

Yep, that was a real good couple of years while it lasted. The golden age of map gaming IMO.

By the way, is CK3 actually pretty good at this point, by the way? Imperator's a lost cause still, I assume. I bought and sampled both at release, but they didn't really grab me the same way CK2 and early EU4 did.

It's probably the most solid Paradox title to date but they accomplished that by not including a ton of poo poo from CK2. The base gameplay is there, though.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Also recommending anbennar for EU4. Once you get your head around the (sometimes clunky) new features you can't go back to vanilla, the scenarios it has are just that much better

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Anbennar finally adding my most wanted feature

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Plutonis posted:

a mirror?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

a mirror?

I’m seein double here…

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

I got 22 goblins but a lich ain’t one

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I’m seein double here…

...44 Plutonis'! :D
(sorry couldn't resist haha - is that for a goblin merchant republic?)

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Major Isoor posted:

...44 Plutonis'! :D
(sorry couldn't resist haha - is that for a goblin merchant republic?)

lmao

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Fungah! posted:

a mirror?

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
becoming obsessed with civ 4 again. between that and tgm2 im in gamer heaven

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Hey, just wondering - with the last HOI4 expansion, what's the current situation with regards to division width? Is it still best to follow the same old 10/20/40 formula, or has that changed?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Plutonis posted:

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

mycophobia posted:

becoming obsessed with civ 4 again. between that and tgm2 im in gamer heaven

Have you ever played Fall From Heaven 2?

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Average Bear posted:

nope ive barely touched mods

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I highly recommend it. Civ4 modding was the best there ever was for Civ games.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Average Bear posted:

I highly recommend it. Civ4 modding was the best there ever was for Civ games.

this.

a new dawn is another good (historical) one

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

woke up wantin to play eu4, now i just want to kick groogy's rear end into the street

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Average Bear posted:

not this pick up line again!!!

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fungah! posted:

woke up wantin to play eu4, now i just want to kick groogy's rear end into the street

He ruined ck2 also imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Le epic glitterhoof