Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Donda 2: what if a future album had the most insane production value of all time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Donda 2: what if a future album had the most insane production value of all time

was your intention to make it sound sick as hell?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Marilyn Manson being the line for people on kanye is absolutely hilarious when he’s had Chris Brown on so many of his songs

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Marilyn Manson being the line for people on kanye is absolutely hilarious when he’s had Chris Brown on so many of his songs

:emptyquote:

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

As far as I can recall Kanye never brought Chris Brown up on stage and held him up as a victim of cancel culture and flaunted their collabs as if they were some big statement. Like, he’s clearly trying to frame Manson as going through the exact same thing as DaBaby, who always ends up on stage with Kanye and Manson, even though what Manson has been accused of doing is several orders of magnitude worse than DaBaby and is well worth having him never work again.

Working with Chris Brown sucks but it’s not just the work, it’s the attitude behind why he’s doing it. Even if he initially picked Manson to work with him because that’s the sound he wanted the second he doubled down on it live in front of everyone it because something more than just the music, and since he did it again this week at the Donda 2 listening thing he’s clearly not giving it up even as Manson’s whole world is justifiably crumbling around him. If anything it’s most similar to the dumb awful tweet about Bill Cosby, which also should probably have been a point of no return.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

he had dolls of naked chris brown beside naked Rihanna in a music video

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

I have been really willing to give Kanye a lot of leeway, cuz while I can imagine a manic episode I can't begin to imagine having a manic episode and then also being loving Kanye West. Like any delusion he has about how awesome and genius he is, he's the 0.001% of manic people that can sit there and make an actual, logical argument for why it's actually true.

But drat that can only excuse so much. I don't know, I hope some day he gets his poo poo together, but I don't think it's happening this decade and he's a pretty lovely guy at this point. It's not even all the Marilyn Manson stuff, it's just every time you hear about how he's treating other people it's always like poo poo.

Makes great music though.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

BrainDance posted:

Makes great music though.

this is it

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Alizee posted:

Kanye is one of the best artists of the 21st century and probably the best hip-hop artist. He still regularly makes amazing tracks. Donda has a lot of really great stuff on it, and most of the filler tracks are better than a lot of the best tracks of lesser artists you guys post here on a regular basis that sounds like a teenager + $5 fiverr beat. It's cringe to ignore the greatness. Ya he's crazy and he has bad takes all the time. But he's unironically a good dude (that's mentally ill) that makes good music.

I think he's at a point where he needs a 2nd opinion to help cull the stuff that isn't up to his standard of excellence, but he's also at a point where the people around him are probably exclusively sycophants or are exploiting him.

I think it's because Manson has been really prolific in abusing people and women in particular (an ex if his is rereading a documentary talking about both her own abuse and others), plus those accusations are fresher which I'd imagine makes a difference

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

he had dolls of naked chris brown beside naked Rihanna in a music video

What the gently caress

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

new Conway album is good stuff. griselda never miss

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

uhh my chinchilla blue blue

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

very nice. new EarthGang album too

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

ill always prefer griselda dudes on the super grimy daringer beats BUT i actually kinda love conway over some of these ghostface-in-2007 type beats at the beginning of the album

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

miss the days of the good leak blogs, took me loving forever to find Donda 2 and even then only the first 16 tracks (think there's 22 in total???)

hmu if you've got the sauce!!!

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVT65B_wZ9g

ppppssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
The Manson thing is especially insulting because it really seems like Ye's associating with Manson specifically because of the credible rape allegations. Like Chris Brown, I get it, he's always been in his orbit and at least he had the decency to eventually remove his vocal. And DaBaby, again, it's a collaboration that makes sense despite his current stupidity which is closer to something you could call "cancel culture" if you really squint (completely self-inflicted, to be clear). But there's really no excuse for Manson at all. "Credibly accused of multiple rapes" is not "cancelled".

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIqmkPqFQsU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
just copped tickets for the Earl Sweatshirt, Action Bronson, Alchemist & Boldy James tour.

Time to listen to the new conway, new earthgang.

Sir Lemming posted:

The Manson thing is especially insulting because it really seems like Ye's associating with Manson specifically because of the credible rape allegations. Like Chris Brown, I get it, he's always been in his orbit and at least he had the decency to eventually remove his vocal. And DaBaby, again, it's a collaboration that makes sense despite his current stupidity which is closer to something you could call "cancel culture" if you really squint (completely self-inflicted, to be clear). But there's really no excuse for Manson at all. "Credibly accused of multiple rapes" is not "cancelled".

lets not forget how much manson sucks at making music, his last few albums were rear end.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Kanye has also taken to hanging out with Antonio Brown another accused sexual assault man and complete rear end in a top hat.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction
Kanye gave Pusha back his masters, rights and publishing

But that's probably it for the non-cringeworthy poo poo he's done in the past 5 years

Alizee
Mar 2, 2006

"Heaven"
Those are good points regarding my good dude comment. As an artist, he still goated tho. Hoping eventually Donda 2 makes its way to Spotify.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
the new earthgang and conway are pretty good -- kinda sad i missed a chance at seeing conway last weekend but with all the bullshit going on in downtown ottawa at the time i wasn't really looking to go out there

that said i still can't stop playing the 42 dugg song on repeat off the 2 chainz album

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
denzel curry and slowthai

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-com9M91-4

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

i'm gonna need some time to prepare myself for denzel's album

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Very excited for kanye to bring out Putin at his next donda rally.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/CHERCHEZLAGH0ST/status/1498028335204474880

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I wonder if this is the one from a few years back that blew up at the last minute or if it is all new stuff.

Pretty Little Angel
Jun 26, 2006

i'm going to his show this april! i'm really excited!

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

the Migos verse (at least the explicit one lol) on Donda 2 is sick https://soundcloud.com/brdptrs/we-did-it-kid-feat-baby-keem

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

mistermojo posted:

the Migos verse (at least the explicit one lol) on Donda 2 is sick https://soundcloud.com/brdptrs/we-did-it-kid-feat-baby-keem

first time they sound this good in ages

cardedagain
Aug 28, 2006

is this recording process supposed to be a flex?

can we get a non-kweli version?

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

cardedagain posted:

is this recording process supposed to be a flex?

can we get a non-kweli version?

Pretty sure he’s just sharing the recording process for the album? I don’t think it’s a flex.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
More than anything.. who cares? Maybe it’ll be good, but otherwise I expect it to be like every other 20 years too late revival for a streaming service.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
It’s not coming out and it doesn’t exist.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

It's as real as Patents Of Nobility, which is to say, see you in nine fuckin years lmao

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

Venomous posted:

It's as real as Patents Of Nobility, which is to say, see you in nine fuckin years lmao

if it turns out to be half of what parents of nobility ended up being ill be happy

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

I swear to god every other year some black star rumor or news story comes out and nothing ever happens lmao

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

this year has been pretty good for "goddamn i really thought that would never happen"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

this year has been pretty good for "goddamn i really thought that would never happen"

You just wait until the aliens come.