Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Main plot hasn't really directed me towards Caelid or Mt. Gelpnir so I'm guessing I should go back and check those places out. Though after some plot stuff I wonder how many endings this has, characters hinted at a Bad Ending if I just beeline the story areas they want me to go to at the moment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

yeah the way bleed works is if you fill up an enemy's bleed bar (the ease of which depends on the particular enemy), it procs just a flat amount of damage to occur.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Cowcaster posted:

yeah the way bleed works is if you fill up an enemy's bleed bar (the ease of which depends on the particular enemy), it procs just a flat amount of damage to occur.

I tried really hard to cheese out Godrick with the blood greatsword I have but 1. it's not really supposed to so it couldn't and 2. he kept eating me lmao

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Also I thought I could completely zoom out and get an idea of how big the whole world is but nope the map expanded yet again

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

Oh God the manor. Gotta hand it to from they really nailed it

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Khanstant posted:

iis the bleed when the big chunks suddenly disappear from his health bar?
Yeah, bleed does damage equal to a percentage of the target's max HP, which makes it great against big guys.
in ds3 it did 15% plus 100 flat damage or something like that, probably similar here

Khanstant posted:

Either way I'm gonna have to return in like 30 levels lol. Or at least 10 because I only have 15 vigor atm and you were able to tank way more hits than I have on anything in a long time lol.
I only have 20 vig, but I do also have godrick's great rune(which boosts stats across the board) equipped and ate a rune arc before the fight.
if you don't know how that works, you have to find a location to restore each great rune's power, and then also use a rune arc to enable it.
once you do, the effect lasts until you die.

Khanstant posted:

I'm also guessing these stats are coming from an astrologer or something? Forever regret picking the naked starting class this time, at the time wasn't think of how much of a stat deficit it was I just liked starting level 1 with flat even stats lol.
prisoner, which only starts with 14 int or something, I leveled it a fair bit.
probably not a big deal to start as wretch since you get to be level 1, I think prisoner starts at 9 or something? it might be a bit less level efficient but probably not much, and wretch is flexible when respeccing which is a nice plus

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Lakbay posted:

Also I thought I could completely zoom out and get an idea of how big the whole world is but nope the map expanded yet again

the map is the size of like every souls game up until now combined, best to just accept this going in to get the anxiety out of the way early. Nothing is a better example of this than the underground stuff because you keep thinking it can't possibly be that big and yet

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Cool I got kicked to desktop during a boss fight because From's servers are poo poo.

I wasn't even doing anything with multiplayer. Actually I specifically summoned an Ash Jellyfish which is specifically disabled for multiplayer events. But nope, kicked to desktop.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Mar 1, 2022

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
lol I was broing with some random guy and basically did the gofricker fight for them ten seconds before the server went down

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks

Lakbay posted:

Main plot hasn't really directed me towards Caelid or Mt. Gelpnir so I'm guessing I should go back and check those places out. Though after some plot stuff I wonder how many endings this has, characters hinted at a Bad Ending if I just beeline the story areas they want me to go to at the moment

Do you know if there's any non-spoiler guides for them? I want the one with the most content for my first playthrough lol

SirBukkake
Aug 24, 2006
Idk some black dude
Welp got ensnared by a teleporter trap. But I was warned about the prawn but I’ve seen them at Liurnia all the time so

…oh. It’s a different kind :negative:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
almost everything in Caelid paints the floor with me and yet I can’t stay away. it’s just so endlessly, fascinatingly horrible

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up
Getting booted to the main menu after from servers go down is some Ubisoft level of bullshit.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Oxxidation posted:

almost everything in Caelid paints the floor with me and yet I can’t stay away. it’s just so endlessly, fascinatingly horrible
love those tim burton bloodborne crow motherfuckers

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i was trying to find some heavy armor when the server went down. i thought that if i didn't mention it, people might think the servers only go down for people who are doing important bosses. well, i was just fighting knights on horses for the first few times i've ever seen them. they have sorceries as well. but i could take them out as long as i wasn't careless. here's hoping they can drop their armor. be sure to take your vitamins if you need to

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
I was just sunbroing on Godrick and we won and the servers crashed before I got my souls. :(

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

found a pretty good skill in leyndell: prayerful strike. you do a brief two-handed holy power windup and then pancake whoever's infront of you, and if you hit, you get a pretty substantial heal that also heals nearby coop partners. i think it scales off of either level or weapon upgrade - i have to do more testing - but at 41 with a +6 weapon it was healing me for 195, which is nearly a third of my health. seems like a pretty good option for both coop, as well as for solo play with a high absorption build that lets you stand your ground and trade, since it seems to have the same crazy hyperarmor as a lot of skills. only downside is the cost (20 goddamn FP!)

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Imps are little fuckers. So are servers.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

DourCricket posted:

Do you know if there's any non-spoiler guides for them? I want the one with the most content for my first playthrough lol

I haven't looked at any guides besides where specific items are and one NPCs questline, I'm just getting a sense that I'm down a bad path because of what some NPCs said to me

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

Oh God the manor. Gotta hand it to from they really nailed it

:golfclap:

MasterBuilder
Sep 30, 2008
Oven Wrangler
I am so dumb. I spend so much time running around liurnia lake looking for the map pillar only to find that it's little marker on the map was hidden under a grace icon.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
Question about the Walking Mausoleums for those who have beaten two demigods:

So you use them to duplicate boss souls, right? Well I got the first one down and duped Godrick, then ate both souls to get some levels. I then found TWO mausoleums next to each other in Linuria and downed them both, but none of them would let me dupe Renna's boss soul. I know you can only use one mausoleum one time but I thought two new ones would let me do something. Any ideas?

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

lite_sleepr posted:

Alexander?

He should be at the cliff top right as you come up to saints bridge. On the right side.

Thanks for the advice. Sadly, he wasn't there. I did, however, find him. Sadly, I didn't get anything for it. New game plus for that save, I suppose.

I honestly believe that if you explored every nook and cranny, this game would take about 200 or more hours to complete.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Arist posted:

Follow-up question: how do I beat O'Neil

how to kill O'Niel

a shield helps. The thing about O'neil is that he moves super loving slow, he never runs, and has no range outside his halberd and AOE attacks. He never jumps across the arena. In the arena back yourself up against the wall opposite where the spirits spawn. Lure oneil to this side. Avoid the side opposite where you enter the boss arena, there is blood rot water there.

After you lure him its easy enough to run away and dispatch his summons. Then start attacking him, try to keep him directly in front of you. From there his halberd swings are super slow. He will do an overhead slam on its own or at the end of a chain of swings. That leaves you enough time to get in a jumping R2 or weapon art or whatever before backing up. be patient, don't get greedy. He has two smaller AOE blood rot moves that he telegraphs, and can be easily avoided. At 3/4 health he will do a HUGE AOE attack so once you see it get ready to run. That is the only time he does this attack.

Once you get him close to 1/2 his hitpoints again try to lure him back to the area opposite the summons. He'll summon in 3 axe dudes, and run up there and try to get them seperately. Again he always walks, never runs, so just keep luring around the summons and dealing with them first.

I was bored last night and saw in the thread people were having problems with him so I co-oped the boss like 5 or 6 times. I had a greatshield when I did it which made soaking up his halbread swings far easier. When i went to beat him myself I summoned 2 helpers who both died immediately and i still managed him on my own.

Willfrey fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Mar 1, 2022

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

jesus don't eat boss souls people you can get souls anywhere but boss weapons are a one shot deal

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
even though the messages are often annoying and the bloodstains have worked two times that I've tried them in fifteen hours of playing, I don't feel like playing with the servers down! Today's excursion was down to the weeping coast, which I assumed would be a fairly short ride to a castle but is actually a huge stretch of coastline with a Shadow Of The Colossus looking setpiece in it and I don't know where the castle even is that I was looking for

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

Cowcaster posted:

jesus don't eat boss souls people you can get souls anywhere but boss weapons are a one shot deal

I don't want them

edit: O'neil cheese strat:

You can lure him to the site of grace nearby with the three rot spouts. He will walk slowly over them stalking you taking massive damage.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I just absolutely destroyed that miserable pile of literal bullshit on a god run somehow and I'm actually shaking. I'm never going back to that cave again

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

God drat dudes the crucible knight is a mega rear end in a top hat

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Cowcaster posted:

you can make copies of them :) well, one copy kinda

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Willfrey posted:

you can make copies of them :) well, one copy kinda

that's because you can usually make two different things out of them and have to pick

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
...did we always have two talisman spots and did I just noticed I had an extra item slot 40+ hours in?

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Cowcaster posted:

if you know you don't want the boss weapons, eat away

I eat boss souls in every game

IronicDongz posted:

he gives 32000 souls I think so compare to what other bosses are giving you and you might have an idea
note here: I was misremembering, he drops 70,000 souls lol

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
Friend of mine was exploring the part of the underground that opens up after you fight Radahn. While there, they found a Spirit Ash behind an imp fog door which is... kind of absurdly busted at the moment?

Called the Mimic Tear - it creates a copy of your character, with the same moveset/special attacks/ability to heal. It costs 660 HP, not FP, so basically every class with HP investment can use it, and most importantly: it doesn't have an FP bar. If you have ridiculous nuke-spells equipped that cost a bunch to cast, it can just throw them out like candy.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Khanstant posted:

...did we always have two talisman spots and did I just noticed I had an extra item slot 40+ hours in?

margit drops an item that increases the slot by one.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
https://giant.gfycat.com/ComplexNearCob.mp4

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Holy poo poo, faith knuckles with a fuckin blade of light art of war? that sound awesome! Has anyone messed around with the cipher pata yet?

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Oh so it DOES do that instead of make it throwable.

On one hand how useless, on the other hand, i wanna invade and roleplay an ICBM

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

hazardousmouse posted:

Holy poo poo, faith knuckles with a fuckin blade of light art of war? that sound awesome! Has anyone messed around with the cipher pata yet?

I can tell you I got hit with its Weapon Art in PvP and it did like 75% of my HP. But that's PvP. I'm dex/faith and I've toyed around with it at +4 and it felt a bit underwhelming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
This game is like 3 Dark Souls smushed together in one big timey wimey convoluted mess, and I love it. Except somehow the story is more comprehensible than you might think from that. The map is so huge, and there's so much to do everywhere. My thoughts are scattered across the lands between rn