Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
This could have been worse for sure.

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_r81aex8DfR1w5pr9j.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:
Did that dude actually use his body to keep the truck from damaging his car? :stonklol:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
If he's not pissing blood then I don't know what :stare:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

D34THROW posted:

Did that dude actually use his body to keep the truck from damaging his car? :stonklol:

Saves on going to a masseur (well, maybe not with these petrol prices).

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

D34THROW posted:

Well, he tried. I don't think it worked very well.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Nice fuckin’ model! *honk honk*

oh god oh fuck
Dec 22, 2019

zedprime posted:

Approaching the problem from the other end, airports have bird control programs which range from obvious (shooting, and preventing roosting) to less obvious (not shooting at, but shooting cannons and making shitload of anti bird noise, and predator introduction) to unexplainably high tech or weird (anti bird lasers? Egg eating pig patrols?)

I mean the laser is pretty explainable. You shine a laser around a bird on the ground and it thinks it's a predator and flies away. You can probably buy the same thing on the internet.

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

Shitters full at the spicy spaghetti factory

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Sparkghetti Arrabiatta

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Cojawfee posted:

Just give it a cool paint job

During WW2, Australia used a bunch of captured Italian tanks in Africa. This was how they handled identification:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Blue Footed Booby posted:

During WW2, Australia used a bunch of captured Italian tanks in Africa. This was how they handled identification:

Tanks, mate!

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

Splicer posted:

Tanks, mate!

I am picturing the poor German solider wondering how you gently caress up drawing a camel that badly.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I am picturing the poor German solider wondering why anyone would ever willingly drive an Italian tank.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

What's cheaper? Medical bills or car repair?

I don't care how much my car is worth I'm not going to take the possible crushing of my internal organs to save it

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

McGavin posted:

I am picturing the poor German solider wondering why anyone would ever willingly drive an Italian tank.

A general rule during WW2 (not so much now) is that any tank is better than no tank.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

The Management posted:

Driving a Russian military vehicle in Ukraine I would have some serious concerns about catching an anti tank missile from someone who thought I was a target. OSHA doesn’t help with friendly fire.

https://twitter.com/JoshuaPotash/status/1498359380856737794?s=20&t=VyUL3JNJ0XT5DiZq0wYujA

It's also probably not real. I wouldn't trust anything coming out of Ukraine at the moment.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Hedenius posted:

It's also probably not real. I wouldn't trust anything coming out of Ukraine at the moment.

Not to mention anything going in

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Hedenius posted:

https://twitter.com/JoshuaPotash/status/1498359380856737794?s=20&t=VyUL3JNJ0XT5DiZq0wYujA

it is a real video from a year ago, made by a russian vehicle enthusiast tiktoker. who knows how she got access to this old rear end btr but hey, its russia

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hedenius posted:

It's apparently an older video and the woman is Russian, but she reposted it this week saying it's advice for ukrainian people

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_r7xa1uyIvu1qigfjt_720.mp4

from the schadenfreude thread :stonk:
https://twitter.com/Idiotatworks/status/1498690346502733824

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Mr. Fall Down Terror posted:

it is a real video from a year ago, made by a russian vehicle enthusiast tiktoker. who knows how she got access to this old rear end btr but hey, its russia
You're bored out of your mind sitting around at a surplus depot and pretty woman who's a history nerd shows up and asks if she can use a BTR for a video. A quick chat reveals that she already knows how to start and drive it, and she's not drunk and looking to sit on a tank him barrel and make dick jokes, both completely unlike everyone else who asks.

At the end of the day she has a fun video and you both have a new friend who's into the same nerdy stuff.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

GWBBQ posted:

You're bored out of your mind sitting around at a surplus depot and pretty woman who's a history nerd shows up and asks if she can use a BTR for a video. A quick chat reveals that she already knows how to start and drive it, and she's not drunk and looking to sit on a tank him barrel and make dick jokes, both completely unlike everyone else who asks.

At the end of the day she has a fun video and you both have a new friend who's into the same nerdy stuff.
To be fair we don't know she didn't also sit on the tank barrel and make dick jokes.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Seth Pecksniff posted:

What's cheaper? Medical bills or car repair?

I don't care how much my car is worth I'm not going to take the possible crushing of my internal organs to save it
Looks like the video is from Europe, so medical treatmetn is free!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/FY32EmS.mp4

An ice dam broke up.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

The ice is returning to their birthplace to spawn.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

:dogstare:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Happens every year in Fairbanks. Used to be a thing people would bet on :laffo:

The banks of the Tanana river would also get radically resculpted. The size of the boulders that would show up or be moved around after a good ice-break was definitely :stonklol:-worthy

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
why do people calmly take video rather than running for higher ground

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Empty Sandwich posted:

why do people calmly take video rather than running for higher ground

you can see the shot change as the person backs pretty far away midway through

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery

Icon Of Sin posted:

Happens every year in Fairbanks. Used to be a thing people would bet on :laffo:

Still do

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/5n14bqh.mp4

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Yeah last time we saw this with a dude waking over them upright I was wondering about snow. horrifying.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/dGV6plr.mp4

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

These videos always remind me of when those multistory indoor playplaces got popular when I was a kid, and I realized I really don't like climbing on even child-friendly equipment way up in the air, even with multiple levels of nets and padding below. And then there's these guys

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

so to justify that long an insulator, that's gotta be what, at least 6-700kv right?

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Always make sure to employ a fall arrestor Carl.

Mechanical Pencil
Feb 19, 2013

by vyelkin

I wish that were me

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

I played dying light, too.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/iacgGf6.mp4

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

I know this type of response gets deliberately over-played, but god drat, it is just astounding how fast my palms started sweating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
That step he did just after he unclips made me dry heave