Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I have been playing dark souls on the switch and I get the appeal. It's moody, complex and very engaging. I still havent gotten very far. I'll consider some other games by them when I eventually finish it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poonchasta
Feb 22, 2007

FFFFAAAFFFFF FFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFFAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF
Where's my sunglasses I gotta sit in my truck and make a video about being oppressed for being a volSoul (voluntary Soulibate)

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Schir posted:

it's the new ring fit game, written by george r. r. martin.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Waffle! posted:

Looking forward to playing Poké of the Wild.

Legends: Arceus?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

The one time I wish I'd gone physical

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Thought that was a cool mouse until I zoomed in

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Rolo posted:

Give me a totally new map to explore and I won’t care about the rest.

“I wanna go up there and look around.”
“Oh what’s that I see from up here.”
Repeat for 100 hours. Fall in love.

repiv posted:

is elden ring tempering anyone else's hype for BOTW2, it scratches the same itch but with so much more variety than BOTW had

I'm enjoying Elden Ring and I think I've only glimpsed some of its more exotic biomes but it's not really scratching the same exploration itch that BotW did. Something about the very tiny variations in the landscape itself paired with things like koroks made BotW's landscape feel like a more deliberate, or at least more intimate, communication than Elden Ring's. Elden Ring's areas make sense and are nice but seem more like the logical connection between the fewer but bigger set pieces like mini dungeons instead of a destination in and of itself.

I am gonna be disappointed if BotW 2 reuses a significant chunk of topography.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Ask me about the time I hefted a CRT monitor home by myself. From a store in the city, carried to the train station, And (mercifully) getting a lift home from my Mum from the station ear home.

Once in high school the computer lab was getting rid of two CRTs and a few keyboards. I figured there was a good chance they weren't actually broken so I asked to take them home myself. I still rode the bus.

The bus was full so I had to stand and carry the monitors for the ~15 minutes of transit time there, then I had to carry them the rest of the way home which was normally a 10 minute walk. I don't remember how long the walk took me with two small CRTs in tow but I do remember it started drizzling to the point that I was thoroughly damp and cold by the time I got up to my second story apartment.

So much so that when I got inside I put them on the ground, made it about halfway to my bed, then passed out on the floor instead.

Neither monitor worked but the keyboards did.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Mister Facetious posted:

For comparison:

(Does not include the optional mdf stand)

I once purchased and returned a Sony KV-40XBR700 (HD stuff looked good but SD stuff looked 100x worse than a non-HD crt).

It's a 40 inch flat tube crt. Anyway the TV weighs 304 pounds. Me and my friend (who is a weightlifter btw) had purple fingers for like two hours after lifting it.

I think at one point Sony required you buy their stand and they included it in the price because they were worried about people getting killed putting it on standard furniture.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

And it looks like it goes great with any room!

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
It also had this thing it did where whenever there was a lot of the color white on the screen (common at the end of TV commercials where they're giving you a phone number or website) the TV would emit a horrifying bonking/electrical sound.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Smaller TV with working sound on top of a larger TV with no sound 4 lyfe

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

It also had this thing it did where whenever there was a lot of the color white on the screen (common at the end of TV commercials where they're giving you a phone number or website) the TV would emit a horrifying bonking/electrical sound.

hell yeah

I used to have incessant migraines from using CRTs

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

i remember that little window where big rear end projection TVs were all the rage for the McMansion set. I also remember being told you weren't supposed to connect a console to them for ~reasons~

they never looked good IMO but maybe all my friend's parents just didn't configure them right?

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Quantum of Phallus posted:

hell yeah

I used to have incessant migraines from using CRTs

I do love crts but I always despised computer monitors that were CRTs (which is all they were for the first 20 years of my life except on laptops) because my eyes would always water like crazy after maybe an hour of use. I never had that problem on laptops or whatever and it turned out it had to do with the refresh rate being so slow that my eyes could somewhat notice it. I remember the lower I made the hz go the worse it made my eyes hurt. I wonder if that was your issue too. Oddly enough I never had that issue with television or arcade crts. Which have a much lower hz screen! 🤷‍♂️

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Goth Odell Beckham posted:

i remember that little window where big rear end projection TVs were all the rage for the McMansion set. I also remember being told you weren't supposed to connect a console to them for ~reasons~

they never looked good IMO but maybe all my friend's parents just didn't configure them right?

Rear projection TVs. Also DLP projector TVs. Those were bigger in the early 00s. Both were absolutely horrible. There was no way to configure them well. If you weren't sitting directly in front of it, you couldn't see the image

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Remember when you knew you were going to watch bill nye before walking into the classroom because of the high pitched CRT whine

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Elden ring is great, zelda Botw is great. They're both probably the most fun I've had in an open world game. I think Witcher 3 is up there too. They're all different so I can like them without saying which I like the most.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I know it's starting slow but I'm so on board for these Nintendo missions and rewards. Already made a neat profile pic.

I hope they add some sort of in-game flag to recognize specific things done in games. "Beat LTTP for 200 platinum points". Will do!

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Mar 1, 2022

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Souls game: go to hell
Roguelike: go to hell
Dating sim: go to hell
Moba: go to hell
Realistic fps: go to hell, that's off my chest
Third person shooter where you kill people: I won't play that no sireeple
Racing sim: go to hell
Fishing sim: go to hell
Golfing sim: go to heaven
Jrpg: I'll take eleven
Platformer: play everyday
Sokuban: no thank you ma'am
Gacha game: a loving sham
Indie game about depression: I like these they're my obsession
Zombie games? Just an excuse to kill people, don't like em
Arcade racer: Like those ones
Arcade shooter: tons of fun
Western Rpg: yes sir
Farming rpg: no thanks
Sports sim: boring
Sports arcade: you've got it made

If any game I do not like a grappling hook should have, then that game is now a good game. But they do not make Madden games where you have a grappling hook

I think that covers every genre of video game

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
If you guys are going to persue eshop rewards, dont forget you can get 30 platinum points a week by logging on to the 3ds/wiiu eshop. So get those points while you can

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Souls game: go to hell
Roguelike: go to hell
Dating sim: go to hell
Moba: go to hell
Realistic fps: go to hell, that's off my chest
Racing sim: go to hell
Fishing sim: go to hell
Golfing sim: go to heaven
Jrpg: I'll take eleven
Platformer: play everyday
Sokuban: no thank you ma'am
Gacha game: a loving sham
Indie game about depression: I like these they're my obsession
Zombie games? Just an excuse to kill people, don't like em
Arcade racer: Like those ones
Arcade shooter: tons of fun
Western Rpg: yes sir
Farming rpg: no thanks
Sports sim: boring
Sports arcade: you've got it made

If any game I do not like a grappling hook should have, then that game is now a good game. But they do not make Madden games where you have a grappling hook

Picross: this game's boss
Visual novel: dont make me grovel (for you to take it away)
Metroidvania: I've got the mania

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Elden ring actually feels fun to explore unlike BOTW even if it has the open world problem of reusing assets but realistically that’s inevitable.
Mtjough I expect BOTW2 will use basically the same map but flesh it out and put interesting stuff on it

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Sir, they are splatted, they don't die for real.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

If you’ve played it and it wasn’t your jam, that’s fine, but I will recommend Dark Souls (available on Nintendo Switch!) for anyone who hasn’t tried it and does enjoy games like Zelda or Metroid Dread.

Their reputation is kind of overblown; yes it’s difficult and you’re going to die a lot, but that’s an element the game is consciously designed around. There’s loads of checkpoints and the punishment for dying is pretty minor. Even a scrub like me eventually beat that game.

Did they ever fix the bug where B means confirm and A means cancel?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Quantum of Phallus posted:

think it’s that fitness game

https://twitter.com/SuperLouis_64/status/1498326171729240067

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Nah, you're looking at the wrong franchise. I'd say Yakuza's the more likely comparison, where they stick to the old map, toss in the old existing mechanics, and then iterate a whole bunch of new ones and content into it to make it much more populated.

Now I'm thinking a crossover game with Kiryu in Hyrule would be aces.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

You kind of missed action/adventure, the genre where grappling hooks are most common. I don’t know how you feel about those!

Poopy Palpy posted:

Did they ever fix the bug where B means confirm and A means cancel?

Not a bug, just an annoying conscious decision. You can remap any buttons you want in the options lemon squeezy though.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Rumors on the internets about Switch 2

https://twitter.com/b3llydrum/status/1498686331928686598

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lol not falling for that again. MVG and digital foundry can wank themselves dry about it

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

So if I add credit to my Switch account, I can still use that stuff to buy games on my 3DS? I just can't buy games directly through the 3DS with a debit card if I understood correctly right?

I added eShop credit on the Switch and used it to buy a game on the WiiU just fine, they all share funds if you use the same account.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Can’t believe Nintendo is going to make another console what a scoop

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Nice try, like I'm gonna fall for a rumor that doesn't call it the Switch Pro. :colbert:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This leak means absolutely nothing. NVN is a common Nvidia API that all of their hardware uses.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Didn't Nintendo just tell investors the Switch is in the middle of the system's lifespan? lol at those Switch 2 rumors.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 46 minutes!
lol if you think nintendo would call it the switch 2

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
A lot of systems limp along after being replaced. Especially Nintendo.

There is no way the switch has a ten year life cycle

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lol if you think nintendo would call it the switch 2

Yeah itd be the switch u

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

can i sell caseless switch games to gamestop? and if so, does that lower the return value a bit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

lucy holding a football.jpg