Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

sure okay posted:

WTF I can't buy another ascendant alloy after the weekly reset???

Try rebooting your console/restarting the game on steam? I’m going to be extremely pissed if I can’t get my third for my Osteo catalyst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Failson posted:

Anyone out there tried running Destiny on a Steam Deck?

Nobody except YouTubers have theirs yet, but D2 likely won’t work because of Battleye. It is technically possible to get Battleye working on the Deck, but it would require work on the part of the developer, and who knows if now-Sony-owned Bungie would consider that worthwhile.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Try rebooting your console/restarting the game on steam? I’m going to be extremely pissed if I can’t get my third for my Osteo catalyst.

I just booted on steam and wasn't able to buy one either.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Same, gonna be annoyed if that's the one thing on its own 7 day refresh.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
There's some kind of fucky wucky with Rahool. I've literally never bought an Enhancement Prism before and it's saying my weekly limit is reached

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

They've had to disable alloys after Telesto somehow started firing them.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
The Funnelweb is insane. Wish I had one at this point because holy poo poo it mows down enemies and melts bosses.

Edit: They are doing their best to make Saladin a more likable character. I appreciate that.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Mar 1, 2022

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The destiny universe is actually a round in an even bigger and more multi-dimensional Telesto. Everything we've experienced in the game has happened while the shot charges up and when the 7th dimension tech guardian shoots it at an enemy the darkness will finally take over and snuff out all life.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

sure okay posted:

WTF I can't buy another ascendant alloy after the weekly reset???

It's a bug, they're looking into it.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Yeah I couldn't buy another alloy either. Luckily I did my striga catalyst last week but that must be annoying for a lot of people

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Banshee has an Osmosis Scathelock if you want to try that with that volatile rounds artifact mod.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Junkenstein posted:

Banshee has an Osmosis Scathelock if you want to try that with that volatile rounds artifact mod.

Y'know, that actually sounds sexy as gently caress.
I always thought Destiny had a shortage of fundamental magic bullets aspect beyond elemental affinities. I know there's golden gun of course, but nothing about making your standard arms shoot enchanted bullets with special effects.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
IKELOS_SMG got the exotic primary buff, along with Imperial Needle.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Did they patch the rep exploits, I'm only on mission 5 or 6, taking my time.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
A single Titan with Peregrines was one-shotting raid bosses with 2,000,000 damage shoulder charges so Enhanced 1-2 is getting delisted until March

https://twitter.com/bungiehelp/status/1498780110945542146?s=21

Also can anyone else help me confirm that Unrelenting doesn’t appear to function on the Glaive whatsoever? At first I thought “wow, maybe the melee Glaive attacks just don’t trigger perks at all, maybe it would be OP, but rapidkilling 5 red bars with ranged Glaive also does not trigger any kind of health regen.

Now, a Glaive with Unrelenting that triggered on melee kills might actually make them viable in endgame content, but as far as I can tell the perk just doesn’t seem to work at all.

Just give me a buff called “Relentless” with a timer, Bungie, so I know wtf is happening!

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Mar 1, 2022

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Junkenstein posted:

Any particular reason to use that over gnawing hunger? Or is it so you can run a void special?

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
glaive hunters are stupidly broken in endgame content

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
By the Traveler, that ogre had a family

https://twitter.com/remotelogout/status/1498693413201489927?s=21

Oxyclean posted:

Any particular reason to use that over gnawing hunger? Or is it so you can run a void special?

Correct

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

What is a good general build for Legendary for a Titan? I beat it on normal with Warlock but want to try Titan.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

What is a good general build for Legendary for a Titan? I beat it on normal with Warlock but want to try Titan.

Ward of Dawn is a lifesaver for some of the longer fights since a death can set you back a lot in the later missions, which also lets you use suppression grenade and bastion aspect to further cover your rear end if you get flushed into the open. I used Le Monarque/Trinity/Ticuu depending on need for shield busting but Monarque is probably the strongest overall choice since it does fair damage to majors/bosses.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Republicans posted:

Ward of Dawn is a lifesaver for some of the longer fights since a death can set you back a lot in the later missions, which also lets you use suppression grenade and bastion aspect to further cover your rear end if you get flushed into the open. I used Le Monarque/Trinity/Ticuu depending on need for shield busting but Monarque is probably the strongest overall choice since it does fair damage to majors/bosses.

Thanks! Ticcu’s is actually my favorite exotic, and it’s super nice that every witch is a fire shield. I’ll have to try it out.

Is Doomfang’s or Helm of Saint-14 the best exotic for Ward of Dawn? I have both but never use them.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Osmosis is stupidly useful, especially with Well builds. Two of my standbys are a Subsistence Osmosis Scathelocke (appended mag and backup mag too lol), and an Overflow Osmosis Escape Velocity. If you need wells made or are doing monochrome builds they are stupidly versatile.

Now the fact that Osmosis for Void can get them Volatile rounds now, well, lack of origin traits or not, those two are coming out swinging hard.

Gnawing Hunger is amazing, but Osmosis Scathe frees up your energy spot while pulling double duty, and that rules.

Osmosis has always been good, but now it's absurdly versatile.

slow_twitch
Sep 21, 2005

Paracelsus posted:

IKELOS_SMG got the exotic primary buff, along with Imperial Needle.

I'm using a freaking ikelos SMG warmind cell build and lovin it!!!!

Just like old times.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Can't use doomfang with ward since you don't get the sentinel shield with it anymore, it's one or the other. Saint 14 I never really found necessary since stuff rarely goes in your bubble where you are basically invincible anyways. I mostly used dunemarchers and they definitely saved me at least a couple times by letting me get behind cover a hair faster.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Heart of Innermost Light + Bubble Void + Gjally with Catalyst + Supressive Glaive

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Republicans posted:

Can't use doomfang with ward since you don't get the sentinel shield with it anymore, it's one or the other. Saint 14 I never really found necessary since stuff rarely goes in your bubble where you are basically invincible anyways. I mostly used dunemarchers and they definitely saved me at least a couple times by letting me get behind cover a hair faster.

Doesn’t HoS14 let your overshield persist after you leave the bubble?

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Mesadoram posted:

I don't even remember doing DARCI. I just remember using it for a very very long time.

The only catalyst I have not done yet is the Rat King.

I will join you on your rat king quest

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Vortex nades are disgustingly good in Legendary because they suck idiot enemies back into the middle after they dodged where they stand and then die.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Doesn’t HoS14 let your overshield persist after you leave the bubble?

Yeah I didn't know it does that now so that makes it a good option but I still like dunemarchers just because it's always on.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Heart of Innmost Light on a Void titan with full elemental wells build (Reaping Wellmaker + Elemental Time Dilation + Volatile Flow if you have it + Font of Might + Well of Tenacity). You don't have an individually broken interaction to build around the way Warlocks and Hunters do, but you do have Heart, which is one of the strongest exotics in the game for an ability-happy player, and very strong abilities. Just keep pushing buttons to suppress + weaken everything around yourself and overshield yourself. Every time you use your Barricade your next kill will give you an elemental well, which gives you 50(!!)% damage reduction, damage buff and Necrotic-Grip-but-Better chain explosions on your void guns with extremely high uptime because of Time Dilation and the speed at which Heart causes the barricade to cool down.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Bust Rodd posted:

A single Titan with Peregrines was one-shotting raid bosses with 2,000,000 damage shoulder charges so Enhanced 1-2 is getting delisted until March

https://twitter.com/bungiehelp/status/1498780110945542146?s=21

Also can anyone else help me confirm that Unrelenting doesn’t appear to function on the Glaive whatsoever? At first I thought “wow, maybe the melee Glaive attacks just don’t trigger perks at all, maybe it would be OP, but rapidkilling 5 red bars with ranged Glaive also does not trigger any kind of health regen.

Now, a Glaive with Unrelenting that triggered on melee kills might actually make them viable in endgame content, but as far as I can tell the perk just doesn’t seem to work at all.

Just give me a buff called “Relentless” with a timer, Bungie, so I know wtf is happening!

The perk is weird and glaives seem to have a lot of issues with perks at the moment, but I will say the echo of leeching fragment is objectively better than having unrelenting on your glaive!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Anyone having trouble progressing the weekly mission? I’m on a step that asks for 500 points worth of completions in campaign missions, playlists, public events, and more, but I’ve done several of all those things and no progress

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

haveblue posted:

Anyone having trouble progressing the weekly mission? I’m on a step that asks for 500 points worth of completions in campaign missions, playlists, public events, and more, but I’ve done several of all those things and no progress

You might be at max.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Max what? The quest says 0/500

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Max Psychogenic Intel. If you are at max, you can't get more and the quest won't progress. I had do one of the seasonal activities to spend my currency in order to complete the quest if that makes sense.

FastestGunAlive posted:

I will join you on your rat king quest

Thank you :unsmith:. One day this week I can hop on the Discord.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
If we squad up we can just farm Dares of Eternity with sub-10 min clears as we mulch thousands of mobs in seconds with 5x Rat Pack

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

PvP Lords, whats the best Class/Subclass/Super to do this with? Golden Gun Hunter?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I feel like you’ll get more kills just spamming fan of knives every time it’s up

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
imo bot tree hammers, fan of knives and goku beam are all pretty good for easy kills. Maybe nova bomb too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Bust Rodd posted:

I feel like you’ll get more kills just spamming fan of knives every time it’s up

You should be able to chain-spam blade barrage in mayhem with Shards of Galanor.