Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
not about getting kids to smoke says tobacco company

we just want them to know the smooth flavour of tobacco

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Megillah Gorilla posted:

In today's greyhound racing class, we'll be tying up the extra puppies in a bag with a brick and heading down the local creek. Stop crying Timmy.

OK class for show and tell next week try and bring in a bait possum or stray cat.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Megillah Gorilla posted:

In today's greyhound racing class, we'll be tying up the extra puppies in a bag with a brick and heading down the local creek. Stop crying Timmy.

Yes Scott it's God's plan. No Scott you can't throw the bag. Peter, excellent bagging, good job.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Eediot Jedi posted:

Yes Scott it's God's plan. No Scott you can't throw the bag. Peter, excellent bagging, good job.

Malcolm, where did you get that cat?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

quote:

it’s about perception of the sport, when it’s that demographic – the 12-year-old – who doesn’t understand why a horse has to be whipped in a race

lmao dumbass 12 year olds not understanding why animal abuse is not just necessary but good

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Billy, if a horse had the chance it’d whip you and everyone you care about

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Racing Victoria says it has given up trying to get into schools to promote the sport to kids, with chief executive Giles Thompson pointing to “wokeism” among parents as the reason why schools reject racing.

In announcing record half-yearly turnover figures from July 1 – December 30, 2021 on Tuesday, Thompson said he was confident racing had engaged the “20-somethings and 30-somethings” who were filling racetracks and punting on the sport.

Racing Victoria chief executive Giles Thompson.
Racing Victoria chief executive Giles Thompson.CREDIT:GETTY IMAGES
But he admitted the industry had little luck trying to get into schools to promote all things good about racing, saying 95 per cent of schools had knocked back Racing Victoria initiatives, such as free educational incursions in schools, visits from horses or jockeys and excursions to racetracks.

“It only takes one parent to object to the headmaster or headmistress that you’re encouraging kids to gamble, and that will shut it down,” he said.

“When we could deliver [education programs], it was wildly successful. But you couldn’t get into the schools. Ninety-five per cent of schools would say, ‘we’re not interested,’ and you’d say, ‘why not?’ and they’d say, ‘the parents won’t put up with it’.

“It’s ‘wokeism’ if you like, of, it only takes one parent to kibosh it when 50 parents might be pro it.”

But Thompson said racing’s challenge when it came to engaging children wasn’t just gambling-related.

“If you think about what puts a school off racing, it’s the gambling, it’s the breakdowns of horses – horses breaking down in the Melbourne Cup is tragic for us in that environment – and it’s how we’re perceived,” he said.

“That’s a real challenge, and it certainly can’t be fixed overnight.
“I’ve been royally criticised over recent years over the whip debate. And it’s a great example of how, on the one hand, racing wants to engage with a younger generation and a younger demographic, and it’s about perception of the sport, when it’s that demographic – the 12-year-old – who doesn’t understand why a horse has to be whipped in a race, who doesn’t understand that the whip is padded and doesn’t hurt. It’s the perception of it.

Kids don't want to learn about beating horses, and then killing them publicly when they break a leg. Parents don't want their kids to be indoctrinated into gambling.

Racing industry: Bloody wokism. Yeah sure people are objecting, but what about the parents that don't pay enough attention to their kids education to complain huh?

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Endman posted:

Billy, if a horse had the chance it’d whip you and everyone you care about

Would they bet on the outcome?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Racing Victoria says it has given up trying to get into schools to promote the sport to kids, with chief executive Giles Thompson pointing to “wokeism” among parents as the reason why schools reject racing.

In announcing record half-yearly turnover figures from July 1 – December 30, 2021 on Tuesday, Thompson said he was confident racing had engaged the “20-somethings and 30-somethings” who were filling racetracks and punting on the sport.

Racing Victoria chief executive Giles Thompson.
Racing Victoria chief executive Giles Thompson.CREDIT:GETTY IMAGES
But he admitted the industry had little luck trying to get into schools to promote all things good about racing, saying 95 per cent of schools had knocked back Racing Victoria initiatives, such as free educational incursions in schools, visits from horses or jockeys and excursions to racetracks.

“It only takes one parent to object to the headmaster or headmistress that you’re encouraging kids to gamble, and that will shut it down,” he said.

“When we could deliver [education programs], it was wildly successful. But you couldn’t get into the schools. Ninety-five per cent of schools would say, ‘we’re not interested,’ and you’d say, ‘why not?’ and they’d say, ‘the parents won’t put up with it’.

“It’s ‘wokeism’ if you like, of, it only takes one parent to kibosh it when 50 parents might be pro it.”

But Thompson said racing’s challenge when it came to engaging children wasn’t just gambling-related.

“If you think about what puts a school off racing, it’s the gambling, it’s the breakdowns of horses – horses breaking down in the Melbourne Cup is tragic for us in that environment – and it’s how we’re perceived,” he said.

“I’ve been royally criticised over recent years over the whip debate. And it’s a great example of how, on the one hand, racing wants to engage with a younger generation and a younger demographic, and it’s about perception of the sport, when it’s that demographic – the 12-year-old – who doesn’t understand why a horse has to be whipped in a race, who doesn’t understand that the whip is padded and doesn’t hurt. It’s the perception of it.

what the everloving gently caress

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

I like how even in that puff piece they can't list any reasons why they should be in schools.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
just openly trying to get kids fully comfortable with gambling. Absolute degen fuckwits

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
"breakdown" of horses.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
I cancelled my RACV roadside breakdown assistance and just carry a shotgun instead

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I’m gay

https://twitter.com/ScottMorrisonMP/status/1498637154012246020

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...
The Coffin Cheaters says it has given up trying to get into schools to promote the hobby to kids, with head bikie Big Dave pointing to “wokeism” among parents as the reason why schools reject organized crime.

In announcing record half-yearly turnover figures from July 1 – December 30, 2021 on Tuesday, Dave said he was confident ice had engaged the “20-somethings and 30-somethings” who were filling public restrooms and overdosing on the passtime.

But he admitted the industry had little luck trying to get into schools to promote all things good about crime, saying 95 per cent of schools had knocked back bikie initiatives, such as free educational incursions in schools, visits from clubs or bikie chicks and excursions to safehouse.

“It only takes one parent to object to the headmaster or headmistress that you’re encouraging kids to smoke meth, and that will shut it down,” he said.

But Dave said bikie's challenge when it came to engaging children wasn’t just drug-related.

“If you think about what puts a school off drugs, it’s the drugs, it’s the breakdowns of your own body– druggies breaking down in the street is tragic for us in that environment – and it’s how we’re perceived,” he said.

“I’ve been royally criticised over recent years over the ice debate. And it’s a great example of how, on the one hand, bikies wants to engage with a younger generation and a younger demographic, and it’s about perception of the hobby, when it’s that demographic – the 12-year-old – who doesn’t understand why a druggie late on payments has to be shot in their home, who doesn’t understand that it's just business. It’s not like it's horse racing.

In other news, Morrison has Covid?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Does anyone even care about bikies anymore, kids probably all want to be disco dancing Yakuza now

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

im like a cheshire cat rn

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Does anyone even care about racing anymore, kids probably all want to be disco dancing Yakuza now

It's why they so desperately want to get into schools, to become relevant once more

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
When I was in primary school, school stopped and we all went into the central area between the classrooms to watch the melbourne cup on an old TV. We all got allocated horses to cheer for and the winners got chocolate.

Gotta prime the pump baby.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

It's a good thing he didn't do anything stupid in the last few days, like shaking hands with foreign heads of state without wearing a mask

https://twitter.com/ScottMorrisonMP/status/1498564552069300227

Oh... Well at least he didn't do anything REALLY stupid within the last couple of days, like attend a photo-op at a church service without wearing a mask

https://www.facebook.com/scottmorrisonmp/posts/512211266940907

Oh, for fucks sake...

*cough*

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together

New strain of Scomonavirus detected...

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

hooman posted:

When I was in primary school, school stopped and we all went into the central area between the classrooms to watch the melbourne cup on an old TV. We all got allocated horses to cheer for and the winners got chocolate.

Gotta prime the pump baby.

I still remember in my preschool they printed out pictures of horses we coloured in and then watched the race on TV. Kinda amazed I remember that thing happening over 30 years ago while I can hardly remember anything else that far back but I guess they must have made a big deal out of it or something.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Even this man whom I despise, I hope he recovers.

Perhaps he’ll learn something that Makes him a better person.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
first he goes to hawaii during the bushfires, now he gets covid and hangs out at home during the floods smh

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Wizard Master posted:

That is misplaced optimism.

Also, he might just be taking a sickie to avoid a natural disaster. Who knows.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Fingers crossed he gave it to Piers when they hugged and cried together about that dratted cancel culture last week

In other news, from here: Anti-Vax Groups go Pro-Putin

Way to bury the lede there Graun, pretty sure the "great reset" is specifically a plan against whites, as they're all white supremacists

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
My best wish is for the Prime Minister to get put on a vent and suffer like the 1000’s of people before him that suffered and died for his incompetence and grifting.

My best wishers.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Will ScoMo having COVID be a blessing or a curse?

Will it gain him sympathy? Will it finally be the thing that humanizes him, and makes his seem less slimy and fake in public? Will it wipe the smug grin from his stupid face, and thus make him more likable?

Is it a 4d chess move designed to keep him out of the public eye for a while, (whilst his approval rating has been dropping), and let Albo try and take some of the spotlight and gently caress it up like the charmless wooden nonentity he is?

Is it a way to deflect any and all future criticism/questions directed at him? i.e. "I can't answer that, I'm too sick. And you are a bad person for even asking

Or am I overthinking, and it will just be another thing to laugh at the gormless happy clapper about?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

He'll act like it's no big deal which will play to the anti-vax crowd only. You've got to remember he only has two modes, big strong tough guy and daggy dad and neither are remotely realistic

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Take me to the covid ward in Cuba, woah-oh-oh

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

He'll be fine since he's probably vaxxed unlike Palmer apparently isn't.
Unless having a big fat bulbous head is a comorbidity he'll just rest it off.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Wizard Master posted:

yeah, like whats on the other side :twisted:

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Fingers crossed he gave it to Piers when they hugged and cried together about that dratted cancel culture last week

In other news, from here: Anti-Vax Groups go Pro-Putin

Way to bury the lede there Graun, pretty sure the "great reset" is specifically a plan against whites, as they're all white supremacists

"The Great Replacement" is the specific "plan" against whites - that immigration is going to dilute the white race into oblivion (either by design or otherwise).

"The Great Reset" is a more generalised "NWO Globalist Conspiracy", where the WEF wants to give everyone digitalised currency and social credit scores and take away your land titles and coal mines and put bike lanes in cities and stuff, and COVID and Climate Change were both "created" as "catalysts" for it all.

The former will sometimes be included in the latter, depending on how far down the far-right rabbit holes the person you're dealing with is, but they are technically distinct things.

Bucky Fullminster fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Mar 2, 2022

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Just did some sums and if the election does get held on the last possible date of May 21, even if Morrison loses he'll just scrape past Curtin's tenure

Crazy that he's now the longest serving PM since Howard

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

BrigadierSensible posted:

Will it gain him sympathy? Will it finally be the thing that humanizes him, and makes his seem less slimy and fake in public? Will it wipe the smug grin from his stupid face, and thus make him more likable?
if he dies, yes

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
It's also amazing how little he has achieved

Like there's sub-single term PMs with greater accomplishments

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

MysticalMachineGun posted:

He'll act like it's no big deal which will play to the anti-vax crowd only. You've got to remember he only has two modes, big strong tough guy and daggy dad and neither are remotely realistic
lol i read this post thinking you were referring to putin and then hit "daggy dad" and was like what

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

norp posted:

It's also amazing how little he has achieved

Like there's sub-single term PMs with greater accomplishments
it's also amazing that a man who claims to be so deeply christian can be hit with such a constant stream of natural disasters and not even stop to think. during the course of his reign it's been floods, fires, moice, pestilence, floods again, and still he's like "the LORD says i'm doing a great job"

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
Even Tony "3-word-slogan" Abbott seemed to actually have an agenda to prosecute compared to Scummo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IshmaelZarkov
Jun 20, 2013

People in here celebrating ScoMo getting sick like they've never heard the phrase "Acting Prime Minister Barnaby Joyce."