Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I don't think I've ever seen a solo Dodge dealer, usually combined Stellantis dealers. I have seen solo Jeep dealers though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory
The Pacifica being a Chrysler product was like 3 managements ago.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

TheWevel posted:

The Pacifica being a Chrysler product was like 3 managements ago.

what?

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory

Sergio demanded they make a luxury van to replace the T&C rather than replace the Grand Caravan. Seems like it would have made more sense to kill Chrysler, release a new GC, and make the Town and Country a trim level on the GC.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I want to like the pacifica phev

PBCrunch
Jun 17, 2002

Lawrence Phillips Always #1 to Me
How Stellantis should have handled the North American market:

Dodge:
Citroen Ami (America's most affordable EV and all that jazz)
Pacifica, but call it a Caravan
Magnum, but Outback-ized
Challenger
Some kind of Kia Soul (itself a PT Cruiser copy) copy
Everything from the Ram brand
Jeep Compass plus a Maverick pickup version of it
Durango, I guess
Update and improve the Journey

Chrysler:
Any Citroen big enough for American butts
Alfa Giulia
Alfa Stelvio

Jeep:
As is, but the Compass moves to Dodge

Kill Alfa, Fiat, and Maserati in the US. The ship has sailed on these brands in the US.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk
Keen to see an Ami parked on the lot next to a RAM TRX.

Fun fact you could charge an Ami 17 times off an F150 Lightning.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

BuckyDoneGun posted:

Keen to see an Ami parked on the lot next to a RAM TRX.

Fun fact you could charge an Ami 17 times off an F150 Lightning.

I look forward to seeing someone towing an f150 lightning behind an Ami and talking about the f150 as their "range extender".

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
I think FCA was still reeling from the Lancia Fulvia disaster(300c rebadged and reholstered) so Stellantis will keep ignoring that brand Lancia style

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

SlowBloke posted:

I think FCA was still reeling from the Lancia Fulvia disaster(300c rebadged and reholstered) so Stellantis will keep ignoring that brand Lancia style

Lancia Themia. I had to look it up cause I hadn't heard of that :v:

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

it wasn't a disaster, it can't be a disaster if it's cheap to do and nobody cares

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

it wasn't a disaster, it can't be a disaster if it's cheap to do and nobody cares

They had Mercedes E-class + level interiors with pelletteria frau materials, i remember someone telling in closed door interviews that they were getting negative income from the low sales/per unit pricing compared to the interiors expenses. Also thanks to covid and helltimes, i remember it being killed a long time ago, but it was 2014(i think i'm melting the thesis and thema as lancias flagships that did shite sales in my brain).

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Dogs reading from an artifact buried in the ruins of our civilization, "We were assholes- " and writing solemnly, "They were assholes."
Soiled Meat
I wouldn't mind Lancia coming back as Stellantis counterpart to Volvo or even Lexus, but they already have DS for that.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

SlowBloke posted:

They had Mercedes E-class + level interiors with pelletteria frau materials, i remember someone telling in closed door interviews that they were getting negative income from the low sales/per unit pricing compared to the interiors expenses. Also thanks to covid and helltimes, i remember it being killed a long time ago, but it was 2014(i think i'm melting the thesis and thema as lancias flagships that did shite sales in my brain).

of all the dumb loss making poo poo Chrysler/DCX/CerebusChrysler/FCA/Stellantis has done the New Thema might be like, 400th on the list

that is pretty funny, though. I got a ride in one from a car service in Milan and I didn't recognize the interior as being so vastly better than the 300. Oops.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

SlowBloke posted:

That name sounds like genitalia.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

a podcast for cats posted:

I wouldn't mind Lancia coming back as Stellantis counterpart to Volvo or even Lexus, but they already have DS for that.

There are a lot of dead(but not forgotten) brands under the original fiat umbrella like auto bianchi or innocenti which i think could be more useful than lancia, Stellantis hasn't got dedicated active cheap car brands but plenty of mid tier ones.

edit:

BloodBag posted:

That name sounds like genitalia.

Lancia started with greek letters, then switched to female names and then back to greek letters(with some weird notable exceptions). They always had weird names compared to the competition.

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Feb 28, 2022

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

they're mostly named after roman roads

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

they're mostly named after roman roads

I guess you never stop learning, i never made the connection

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

I vaguely recall a "Delorean" company buying the GM Kappa platform in the old times. I wonder if it's the same group?

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

So Rivian prices jumped like 14.5k.
gently caress all of that nonsense.

But in actual good news, looks like there could be an ioniq 5 N after all!
https://www.carscoops.com/2022/03/hyundai-ioniq-5-n-spied-could-have-a-dual-motor-all-wheel-drive-system-with-577-hp/

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
https://www.instagram.com/p/CakZ2cTOfty/?utm_medium=copy_link

Oh no.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

I don't get it, it looks exactly like it should?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Stop calling everything the first ever

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Franco Caution posted:

https://www.carscoops.com/2022/03/hyundai-ioniq-5-n-spied-could-have-a-dual-motor-all-wheel-drive-system-with-577-hp/

I wish an EV made sense for me but I rent an apartment. I love the style of those things, one of the few SUVs I'd consider buying.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

KakerMix posted:

I don't get it, it looks exactly like it should?

Should it though?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Charles posted:

Stop calling everything the first ever

They’ve never put that kind of motor in an Escalade before.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

davecrazy posted:

They’ve never put that kind of motor in an Escalade before.

I think It’s awesome. I wonder how many 120k 668HP Escalades they will sell. I bet more than they think.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Franco Caution posted:

How fast do we think the EV6 GT (and this thing by extension) will be based off that video they released of the GT beating everything but the mclaren in the 1/4?

The Lamborghini Urus runs 11.3 are they really saying the EV6 GT will be that fast?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

I hate everything about this turd

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Why is there so much wheel gap? It's more than a stock F150. Is it due to the lack of sidewall? What the hell is Cadillac/Chevy doing? What chassis engineer signed off on that turd?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Residency Evil posted:

Should it though?

I mean it's an obnoxious giant SUV with ugly proportions. The very idea of it means it can look like whatever since how ugly it is started with the core idea.

There has never been a pretty Escalade.

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

bird with big dick posted:

How fast do we think the EV6 GT (and this thing by extension) will be based off that video they released of the GT beating everything but the mclaren in the 1/4?

The Lamborghini Urus runs 11.3 are they really saying the EV6 GT will be that fast?

I'm seriously on the fence, eating my popcorn about this. I really really really want the GT and N to be awesome and be at or really close to Performance spec Teslas. And I really hope they don't go into limp mode like MachE GT once people get to start driving and testing them.

Franco Caution fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Mar 2, 2022

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

KakerMix posted:

I mean it's an obnoxious giant SUV with ugly proportions. The very idea of it means it can look like whatever since how ugly it is started with the core idea.

There has never been a pretty Escalade.

Also, Cadillac shouldn't be applauded for doing the absolute least. This should have existed 2 or 3 generations ago.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

skipdogg posted:

I think It’s awesome. I wonder how many 120k 668HP Escalades they will sell. I bet more than they think.

Dodge couldn’t build enough Hellcat Durango’s. Dealer markups we’re pushing them well into 100k territory. I’m sure GM will sell as many of these as they can build. Still I never thought of the Escalade as a drivers car. Better to be a passenger in one. We will see.

got off on a technicality
Feb 7, 2007

oh dear

davecrazy posted:

Still I never thought of the Escalade as a drivers car. Better to be a passenger in one. We will see.
Going by the fact that I never see G550s but plenty of G63s, and always at sedate speeds, the sportiness is besides the point. They'll sell every one that they make

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Franco Caution posted:

I'm seriously on the fence, eating my popcorn about this. I really really really want the GT and N to be awesome and be ar or reallt close to Performance spec Teslas. And I really hope they don't go into limp mode like MachE GT once people get to start driving and testing them.

The N-Line cars from Hyundai are amazing so I dont have much reason to doubt that a performance EV wont be up to standard.

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

Franco Caution posted:

I'm seriously on the fence, eating my popcorn about this. I really really really want the GT and N to be awesome and be ar or reallt close to Performance spec Teslas. And I really hope they don't go into limp mode like MachE GT once people get to start driving and testing them.

It will likely be the same powertrain setup as the Genesis GV60 Performance.
It looks like they've managed the limp mode- Korean youtubers have launched it in "Boost Mode" 10+ times in a row.

It won't be Telsa Plaid fast, expect low 4s, high 3s to 60mph.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

davecrazy posted:

Dodge couldn’t build enough Hellcat Durango’s. Dealer markups we’re pushing them well into 100k territory. I’m sure GM will sell as many of these as they can build. Still I never thought of the Escalade as a drivers car. Better to be a passenger in one. We will see.

its not really a driver or passenger vehicle

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

smooth jazz posted:

It will likely be the same powertrain setup as the Genesis GV60 Performance.
It looks like they've managed the limp mode- Korean youtubers have launched it in "Boost Mode" 10+ times in a row.

It won't be Telsa Plaid fast, expect low 4s, high 3s to 60mph.

I keep forgetting about the GV60 for some reason. Genesis needs a performance version of their stuff too. Throw the N and GT pack and motors into the GV60. Then make a nutty version of the GV70 while your at it.

Seriously though if the GT and N models are low 4s, high 3s and dont pass out after hitting 85mph, these would be perfect for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

Yea the GV 60 Performance is their hi-po version.

Standard RWD 225hp

Standard AWD 314hp

Performance AWD 429hp