Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I like how, while he's going to undo the carabiner, he loses and catches his balance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Cojawfee posted:

I like how, while he's going to undo the carabiner, he loses and catches his balance.

yeah the last time this came up didn't someone say he's supposed to be carrying two lines and attach the second one to where he's going before he undoes the first, that way he's never untethered? this guy seems to be free balling it for a little bit, which is Bad

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

It never occurred to me that there would be urban bouldering problems, but it makes perfect sense.

Fat Loser
May 27, 2004

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Always make sure to employ a fall arrestor Carl.

accept no substitute

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

We have an Isuzu NPR at work. That thing is fun to drive occasionally because you feel like you can reach and touch whatever it is you're about to hit. Also being seated right over the wheels is a different experience. I do not feel safe in it at all.

Sounds a lot like driving a VW Microbus. (Ours was a camper.) Before you hopped into the driver's seat, you kissed your knees goodbye.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Arivia posted:

yeah the last time this came up didn't someone say he's supposed to be carrying two lines and attach the second one to where he's going before he undoes the first, that way he's never untethered? this guy seems to be free balling it for a little bit, which is Bad

yeah then someone else said that was old procedure for reasons my fevered brain cannot dredge up.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

this and the previous one are really loving impressive.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

It never occurred to me that there would be urban bouldering problems, but it makes perfect sense.

Among my climbing friends in the 1970s, it was called "buildering".

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Jonny Nox posted:

yeah then someone else said that was old procedure for reasons my fevered brain cannot dredge up.

Obviously the people only using one line don't make any safety complaints. The ones who use two, well it's a bit of a hassle.

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer

Gotta carry that thing a few miles to meet up with a girl and talk to her for a bit

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Empty Sandwich posted:

why do people calmly take video rather than running for higher ground
All I can say, having done things like that, is that some of us are just idiots.

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

LifeSunDeath posted:

this and the previous one are really loving impressive.

and I have trouble rolling out of bed. very impressive.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!

dare you to put yore dick on it

MatteusTheCorrupt
Nov 1, 2010

Jonny Nox posted:

If I remember correctly, the issue is that people don't do things like tether the new line, and then untether the old line, they do things like untether the old line, and forget about tethering the new lines, their brains just assuming that it is tethered. Similar issues occur when climbing really long ladders that you want to tether yourself to, and one goon had an example from some zip-line course.

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

The Spicy Donuts are amazing...

Fuller9x
Feb 15, 2005

Gimme Milk

Harry_Potato posted:

The Spicy Donuts are amazing...

That's what a 700C - 900C donut based on the color? I guess boiled brake fluid is on the menu.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Fuller9x posted:

That's what a 700C - 900C donut based on the color? I guess boiled brake fluid is on the menu.

that's the brake disc, right? so something is making the system brake REALLY REALLY hard?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Arivia posted:

that's the brake disc, right? so something is making the system brake REALLY REALLY hard?

The guy that posted it said the brake was seized and the guy drove it for a long while before coming in. They also wanted to know if it was safe to drive.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

How'd the brakes avoid catching fire, unless if they already flamed out all their combustible materials?

Now I want my car's rotors to be that color by default, it looks sick. Also, the concerned look from other drivers would be pretty funny.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Race cars light their rotors up pretty frequently.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

Arivia posted:

Doesn't have to be really hard, just constant

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
Oh my God it's glowing? I thought it was just like, painted or something and was wondering what the OSHA part was!

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
Why did they spray paint their rotor pink?

Oh.

OH.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Hilario Baldness posted:

Gotta carry that thing a few miles to meet up with a girl and talk to her for a bit

'be mine'

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

PurpleXVI posted:

Oh my God it's glowing? I thought it was just like, painted or something and was wondering what the OSHA part was!

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

takes a lot more energy to get iron discs glowing red than it does carbon ceramics.
pretty impressive imo

youd think theyd smell the boiled brake fluid and cooked wheel bearing grease

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Exactly. If the pros do it all the time, you just follow their lead, they know what they're doing.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

PurpleXVI posted:

You're not the only one.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Rigged Death Trap posted:

takes a lot more energy to get iron discs glowing red than it does carbon ceramics.
pretty impressive imo

youd think theyd smell the boiled brake fluid and cooked wheel bearing grease

That's very true, those brakes would also be virtually unusable on a street car (they don't work until they get very hot)

What I'm saying is if your street car's rotors are glowing, it's time to take it into the car doctor.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/Bpm58K7.mp4

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
"unskilled labor"

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

thats one juicy looking gusher

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Last time that came up I think the consensus was that someone had it it with a blowtorch perhaps to loosen it? Otherwise the reg glow would be distributed differently.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Captain Hygiene posted:

Exactly. If the pros do it all the time, you just follow their lead, they know what they're doing.

Careful, that's how stancing started.

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

How many things went wrong to get us where we are today? It has a spicy, earthy nutty flavor can't quite trace, it's just not conductive to my understanding.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

sign him up for the knicks

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Load limits are important!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/PPn9jQk.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

FuturePastNow posted:

Load limits are important!

The Soviet intelligence apparatus took great pains to create maps of all of Europe with just incredible detail on things like rivers depth, tree density in a forest and load limits for all bridges.

And then I guess neglected to keep any of this in mind?