Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

frajaq posted:

PvP Lords, whats the best Class/Subclass/Super to do this with? Golden Gun Hunter?

Hunter with "Way of a Thousand Cuts" super and Shards of Galnor exotic.

You can permanently have your super up just throwing waves of knifes after knives. Its the only way I can play Mayhem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Mesadoram posted:

Max Psychogenic Intel. If you are at max, you can't get more and the quest won't progress. I had do one of the seasonal activities to spend my currency in order to complete the quest if that makes sense.

Thank you :unsmith:. One day this week I can hop on the Discord.

I am also interested in farming this out. Make a LFG on the Discord about it!

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

What is a good general build for Legendary for a Titan? I beat it on normal with Warlock but want to try Titan.

Ability loadout: Suppression Grenades, Bastion, Controlled Demolition, Echo of Leeching + Domineering + Undermining

Equipment loadout:

Fighting Lion one-shots most Red Bars and makes orbs to fuel Recuperation and Innervation. Protective Light is fueled by Taking Charge (not pictured, slotted in chest) and Blast Radius. Tough enemies get the one-two punch of Fighting Lion followed by Pardon Our Dust. Tougher enemies get the three hit combo of Fighting Lion, Hezen Vengeance, and then Pardon Our Dust.

Blow up everything, never die, throw Suppression Grenades at enemies that encroach while you're reloading or to shut down a Hive popping their super. You're very, very tough even with low Resilience due to One Eyed Mask and Bastion feeding you Overshields on the regular and you can easily maximize cover value because the amount of exposure time you need to send a grenade where it needs to be is minimal. Feel free to use whatever you like for Kinetic Special or Heavy, I just highly recommend anything that comes with Auto-Loading Holster and hits very hard.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
I've been getting a lot of emotes from bright engrams the last week. Anyone else having similar or am I just lucky?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Mesadoram posted:

I had do one of the seasonal activities to spend my currency in order to complete the quest if that makes sense.
I just deleted the stack, it drops from drat near everything so I got back up to 500 within what felt like a few minutes.

Miguel Prado
Nov 5, 2008

Don't worry, like they say " It's all good! "

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1498797300985987074?s=21

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
To be honest I can’t think of a game less suited to mobile gaming, truly perhaps the worst possible mobile game.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I just deleted the stack, it drops from drat near everything so I got back up to 500 within what felt like a few minutes.

I am surprised with how much of it they throw at you. With the seasonal armor giving you more of it I thought it would be harder to accumulate.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
A lot of people use one remote play service or another for basic daily chores or buying a particularly good vendor roll or something

vvvvvvv Resonant appears to be a low chance on every single weapon drop in the game, I got a resonant out of the Deep Stone Crypt last night (it's unintentionally dropping powerfuls too)

haveblue fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Mar 2, 2022

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Has anyone been getting resonant seasonal weapons? I did a bunch of the activity last week and this one, and popped a few engrams but haven't seen any yet, except when I focused a specific weapon.

Bust Rodd posted:

To be honest I can’t think of a game less suited to mobile gaming, truly perhaps the worst possible mobile game.

I can imagine worse.

Steam Deck is basically a handheld console. Not gonna be much worse then playing with a controller using wifi. I could see doing some bounties or something while chilling on the couch.

Definitely not ideal if you're trying to use mobile hot spots though.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

haveblue posted:

A lot of people use one remote play service or another for basic daily chores or buying a particularly good vendor roll or something

I'll stream destiny to my ipad for this stuff, the latency is just bad enough to make doing anything challenging extremely painful but for patrol zones or inventory cleanup it's fine.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Oxyclean posted:

Has anyone been getting resonant seasonal weapons? I did a bunch of the activity last week and this one, and popped a few engrams but haven't seen any yet, except when I focused a specific weapon.

I’ve gotten two or three, I think. Two snipers and a pulse or maybe the wave frame?

For comparison, I’ve gotten two resonant Wellspring guns.

PERMACAV 50 fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Mar 2, 2022

Elerion
May 31, 2011

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The perk is weird and glaives seem to have a lot of issues with perks at the moment, but I will say the echo of leeching fragment is objectively better than having unrelenting on your glaive!

I thought the glaive didn't activate melee kill triggers? It works with leeching?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Glaive melee seems to be a grey area where some things that are supposed to proc on melee do and some don't. It's unclear how much of it is deliberate balancing and how much is bugs

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Not that I had a good roll but I deleted the only Funnelweb I've gotten and boy am I regretting that every day now. I haven't even seen a second one since I deleted that first one on day 2.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
I'm pretty confused on weapon crafting at this point after the couple of tutorial quests. It should probably not surprise me that they still haven't figured out how to properly introduce people to new mechanics. I really feel like "wait for a website to explain it to your players" is not a very good user interface, but oh well. You only get a new weapon pattern from a resonant version of that specific gun, right? i.e. I have a resonant 30th anniversary battle rifle and all that's going to get me is mats, right, since that's not on the list of unlockable patterns?

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
Correct.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

OzFactor posted:

I'm pretty confused on weapon crafting at this point after the couple of tutorial quests. It should probably not surprise me that they still haven't figured out how to properly introduce people to new mechanics. I really feel like "wait for a website to explain it to your players" is not a very good user interface, but oh well. You only get a new weapon pattern from a resonant version of that specific gun, right? i.e. I have a resonant 30th anniversary battle rifle and all that's going to get me is mats, right, since that's not on the list of unlockable patterns?

Yes, only (some) guns introduced with Witch Queen are craftable

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

OzFactor posted:

Yes, plus a few of them need multiple pattern unlocks, for example the wellspring AR needs you to get three red border drops of the gun and then juice them all.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

You do eventually get a quest from the board that wants you to craft a bunch of specific guns, so I've been using that to play with them and level a few, but man it takes forever and they seem pretty bad at low levels compared to the random drops I had been using.

Good news is I'm going slow enough that the nerds will figure it out before I get around to getting any of them near 20, so whatever.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Kalli posted:

You do eventually get a quest from the board that wants you to craft a bunch of specific guns, so I've been using that to play with them and level a few, but man it takes forever and they seem pretty bad at low levels compared to the random drops I had been using.

Good news is I'm going slow enough that the nerds will figure it out before I get around to getting any of them near 20, so whatever.

They’re also tweaking the drop rates for those next week so don’t worry too much about it

https://twitter.com/joegoroth/status/1498475892753850370?s=21

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

OzFactor posted:

I'm pretty confused on weapon crafting at this point after the couple of tutorial quests.
The missus is going through the new light quests (and really enjoying it), but the new light process is still really horrible and unintuitive - the fact that yesterday morning she attempted grasp of avarice and didn't realise it was (A) geared towards endgame and (B) not matchmade means there is a lot more signposting needed in terms of at least a suggested order in which to do things.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
If I really liked the Forsaken campaign (RIP, what a cool system Bungie has!), would I like the Witch Queen campaign? Also, I never did get Beyond Light. What would I be missing out on?

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Unlucky7 posted:

If I really liked the Forsaken campaign (RIP, what a cool system Bungie has!), would I like the Witch Queen campaign? Also, I never did get Beyond Light. What would I be missing out on?

1. Yes, absolutely
2. Ice subclasses and that’s about it at this point

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Unlucky7 posted:

If I really liked the Forsaken campaign (RIP, what a cool system Bungie has!), would I like the Witch Queen campaign?

The Witch Queen campaign is probably the best campaign Bungie's done since the Halo games. Long and complex missions, minimal faffing around in the open world to progress stuff, much better storytelling than usual

quote:

Also, I never did get Beyond Light. What would I be missing out on?

-The Stasis subclass, which is useful and fun but not really essential, especially now that everyone's using void

-The Europa campaign and related activities, which is OK I guess

-The Deep Stone Crypt raid, which is good

-A few exotics that had their day in the sun and now don't, like Lament

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Snuffman posted:

Hunter with "Way of a Thousand Cuts" super and Shards of Galnor exotic.

You can permanently have your super up just throwing waves of knifes after knives. Its the only way I can play Mayhem.

I tried this last night, and Shards didn't seem to be triggering at all.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Hm, I do like extra subclasses. I don't suppose that there is a pack with BY and WQ? The only pack I see was only for Forsaken Stuff, Shadowkeep, and Beyond Light, and I have the former two (And I never did complete the Shadowkeep campaign, funny enough).

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Now that it's an old expansion, the season pass exotics from Beyond Light are available in the Kiosk also for anyone who bought it. That includes Ticuu's Divination and Ager's Sceptre, both of which are amazingly fun guns and definitely haven't been completely eclipsed in the meta.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Also, from what I heard, Void and Statis kind of outperform the other two subclasses currently?

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Reiterpallasch posted:

Now that it's an old expansion, the season pass exotics from Beyond Light are available in the Kiosk also for anyone who bought it. That includes Ticuu's Divination and Ager's Sceptre, both of which are amazingly fun guns and definitely haven't been completely eclipsed in the meta.

I completely forgot about this; you can also buy the green ammo linear Lorentz Driver which kicks rear end with Void 3.0.

Unlucky7 posted:

Also, from what I heard, Void and Statis kind of outperform the other two subclasses currently?

Void moreso than Stasis, but yeah. That will change when the other two light classes get reworked though.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Beyond Light exotics in the kiosk:

Duality: OK I guess. There are better pellet shotguns and better slug shotguns. Cool reloading animation at least

Ticuu's Divination: Extremely good, a solar bow (very rare!) with a sort of one-two punch mechanic that makes a lot of enemies explode

Cryosthesia 77K: Not very good as a sidearm and its mechanic isn't worth much now that there are other stasis guns that are much easier to get and can do a lot more damage

Lorentz Driver: Fun to mess around with, or if you need to rack up a whole lot of linear fusion rifle kills for whatever reason. Probably does well with the new void subclass synergies. Was recently nerfed.

Ager's Sceptre: Probably the best one in this section of the kiosk, a stasis trace rifle that can also power itself up by consuming your super energy

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Void moreso than Stasis, but yeah. That will change when the other two light classes get reworked though.

That's like 3-4 months at the earliest though right?

That said, Witch Queen looks to have an absolute ton of content so I'd suggest holding off until it's half off again, which should be soon if it isn't currently, since you'll have plenty to do as in between all the crap that opens up and the current season stuff. And then if you get bored, pick up Beyond Light and enjoy the absurdly long process of opening all the stasis aspects.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Paracelsus posted:

I tried this last night, and Shards didn't seem to be triggering at all.

They nerfed shards a while ago, along with other exotics that return super energy. I think you need at least two kills in order to get a chunk of Super back.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
I would say to just buy and play WQ and grab BL next time it's on sale, which is quite often.

https://isthereanydeal.com/game/destinyiibeyondlight/info/

I guess it's on sale right now but it has gone all the way down to $15. I'd bet it'll get even cheaper--Shadowkeep is regularly $7.50.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

el B posted:

They nerfed shards a while ago, along with other exotics that return super energy. I think you need at least two kills in order to get a chunk of Super back.

I think it still works in mayhem, but it was somewhere in last season when I tried it last. At that point as long as you got a kill with blade barrage, galnor would give your full super back.

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

when a red border weapon says "this weapons pattern can be extracted" what exactly does that mean or do? when I fill the bar, I can extract ruinous or adroit or whatever element from it but where does the extracting pattern part come in? does that mean I can craft a whole new one from the pendulum thingy from scratch?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Majere posted:

when a red border weapon says "this weapons pattern can be extracted" what exactly does that mean or do? when I fill the bar, I can extract ruinous or adroit or whatever element from it but where does the extracting pattern part come in? does that mean I can craft a whole new one from the pendulum thingy from scratch?

Half the time, yes. There's a list of all* craftable weapons on the triumphs screen, you can see your unlock progress on each of them. If you extract the pattern of one of those weapons, it will advance and once you do enough of a certain weapon it becomes craftable. Any weapon not listed on that screen just provides mats and will never be craftable

*there's a chance there are super-secret guns that will be craftable but don't appear on that screen yet, but guns released before witch queen will almost certainly never be craftable

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

When it's ready to extract that means you pick the element that you want for the type of perk that you want to craft. Each perk takes 1 of 4 types of elements and a neutral element that comes on everything.

For guns that can be crafted: if you check the triiumph tab for it each craftable gun has an amount of times you have to extract from it to in order to get the pattern to craft it.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Majere posted:

Yes, though some require more than one juiced gun before you can craft your own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone