Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

SkeletonHero posted:

Weird true fact about brussels sprouts: the ones we have today didn't actually exist until some time in the 90s and were specifically cultivated to taste good. It's not just that your tastes matured, modern brussels sprouts are indeed scientifically better tasting than ones you would have had even as recently as the 80s and early 90s. :eng101:

Wait, what the gently caress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

BrownPepper posted:

Can't say I've ever had liver and onions- honestly don't know what kind of restaurant you'd be able to order them at. Now I feel like I need to give them a shot. They really were a common reoccurring element of stuff I watched as a kid but I've never encountered them in real life.

Do you have a diner near you that advertises they have an early bird dinner special at 4pm? That's where you can get liver and onions.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

thrawn527 posted:

Wait, what the gently caress?

Yeah, from memory the older variety were legit sulfurous, or tasted of such? This was a weird thing to learn.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Iron Crowned posted:

Oh gently caress yes! Angelica Jade Bastien is guesting on Hooked on TJ Hooker again!

If I wanted to start listening to Hooked on TJ Hooker, can anyone give me a real banger of an episode to try first just to see how I like it? If I did I'll start at the beginning but want a good first impression.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Cael posted:

If I wanted to start listening to Hooked on TJ Hooker, can anyone give me a real banger of an episode to try first just to see how I like it? If I did I'll start at the beginning but want a good first impression.

That's a tough one because well, Eric and Ben have been doing it with an inconstant pace for 5 years now. It is a recap show for an early 80's cop show so you probably wouldn't lose anything just picking one at random, since there isn't really any continuity between eps of TJ Hooker itself.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

thrawn527 posted:

I don't know what type of animal liver is used in "liver and onions", but I've had fried chicken livers, and they are out of this world amazing. Like, in a way that no other food can properly replicate.

It's all good and you do you, man. You're definitely right about that last part

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

thrawn527 posted:

I don't know what type of animal liver is used in "liver and onions", but I've had fried chicken livers, and they are out of this world amazing. Like, in a way that no other food can properly replicate.

In America it's usually beef liver, in the UK it's lamb or veal.

But yes fried chicken livers loving rule.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Cael posted:

The episode where Eric impersonates trump the whole episode will either make or break the show for you so start there. It's a real "vibe" as the kids say

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Iron Crowned posted:

That's a tough one because well, Eric and Ben have been doing it with an inconstant pace for 5 years now. It is a recap show for an early 80's cop show so you probably wouldn't lose anything just picking one at random, since there isn't really any continuity between eps of TJ Hooker itself.

I’d say pick one where one of the WHM guys are guesting to help ease you into it. it’s very much a “vibes” show but starting nearer to the beginning helps you establish what the characters they’re making fun of are like

can’t wait to have a bean dinner and listen to this one

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Where can I find TJ Hooker season 2?

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The first episodes are great to be honest. Like, at least for the reasons you were probably going to listen to this podcast for.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

SkeletonHero posted:

Weird true fact about brussels sprouts: the ones we have today didn't actually exist until some time in the 90s and were specifically cultivated to taste good. It's not just that your tastes matured, modern brussels sprouts are indeed scientifically better tasting than ones you would have had even as recently as the 80s and early 90s. :eng101:

Another thing about brussels sprouts is that if you boil them or steam them, they are god awful. You absolutely have to roast or fry them, because that eliminates the chemical or whatever it is that makes them taste so bad.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

I just gave up and ordered the whole series on eBay fir like $35 I liked the first season enough.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

They have a couple full eps on the WHM YouTube channel to try.

https://youtu.be/nQNigl0yLKU

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

duz posted:

Do you have a diner near you that advertises they have an early bird dinner special at 4pm? That's where you can get liver and onions.

it's also on the secret menu at Cracker Barrel

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

BiggerBoat posted:

Liver and onions is loving foul and absolutely disgusting. Just recalling the smell, the texture and the taste brings back horrible memories of my youth where my mom would make it once in a while and makes me want to wretch just thinking about it. I don't see how you could cook or use a liver in anything and have it turn out good.

Any time I've had liver and onions I wished there was more onions to cover up the metallic and filmy liver taste.

Fried chicken liver is different cause it's fried and also a chicken liver and not a slice of beef liver.

ricro
Dec 22, 2008

Arson Daily posted:

The episode where Eric impersonates trump the whole episode will either make or break the show for you so start there. It's a real "vibe" as the kids say

I like the show but I had to skip this one

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

stromboni posted:

I laughed my rear end off throughout that episode, so it’s a real on/off type of thing.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Everyone had a Trump impersonation for 5 years and I think I could go without another one for a while.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

stromboni posted:

I came real close but once I realized he wasn't going to drop the bit it became really funny to me. This last episode with Angelica Jade was really funny too.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
During that whole garlic bread scene, the little girl is humming "Pop Goes the Weasel."

Blown Away rules.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
You split a six pack of Lipton and you smoke a pack of Marlb Red and that was 1995, kids.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

I enjoy brisk but I also have like no good teeth so ymmv

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Nothings over just give me something to drink!

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Arson Daily posted:

Nothings over just give me something to drink!

christ did we ever throw around NUTHIN IS OVAH back during our fighting game days

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

This Pinocchio ep is another all timer to me. It's on par with 101 Dalmatians in terms of it GOING places.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

AceOfFlames posted:

This Pinocchio ep is another all timer to me. It's on par with 101 Dalmatians in terms of it GOING places.

Dead straw mother full of cum

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

AceOfFlames posted:

I haven't listened yet or seen the movie, but, uh...wow, can't wait.

https://twitter.com/WHMPodcast/status/1497940468209958917

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Yeah this is some fuckin wild poo poo.

Also WLM Kill Bill Vol 2 sees the return of THE SKELETON LEAGUE so immediate reccomend.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

thrawn527 posted:

I haven't listened yet or seen the movie, but, uh...wow, can't wait.

https://twitter.com/WHMPodcast/status/1497940468209958917

I definitely saw this movie as a kid but I barely remember it.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I definitely saw this movie as a kid but I barely remember it.

Same, like I’m 95% sure I have the VHS in my moms basement still

Also the cricket is the same voice as Grandpa Lou from Rugrats! Took me drat well FIFTEEN minutes to recognize him

E: good god drat “they put the P on my jacket for Pathmark” RIP me

teen witch fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Mar 1, 2022

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

I saw a weirder Pinocchio thing called Pinocchio and the Emperor of the Night as a kid. The whole thing is on YouTube now and it's wild.

Don't think I ever saw Adventures though.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

So Ben and Eric are definitely just like half greened out during all these TJ Hooker episodes, right?

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

We're not playing paddy cake here!
Soiled Meat
March schedule is out:

quote:

Episode 597 — The Adventures of Pinocchio (1996)
Episode 598 — S1m0ne
Episode 600 — Delta Farce
Episode 601 — The Last Boy Scout
Episode 602 — The Last Castle with Justin J. Case

Patreon Episodes:
Patreon Exclusive We Love Movies — The Warriors (1979)
Animation Damnation — Double Dragon "Shadow Claw" (s2, e2)
The Nexus: TNG: "Parallels" (s7 e11) DS9: "Trials and Tribble-ations" (s5, e6)
Gleep Glossary: Bossk
Melr0210: 90210: "Down and Out of District in Beverly Hills" (s2, e12) Melrose Place: "Suspicious Minds" (s1, e32)
Synch-able Commentary for Q1: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Hyped for that commentary.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Kneecaps posted:

March schedule is out:

Hyped for that commentary.

Oh wow, I didn't know that commentary was coming. Have we ever heard the guys talk about the series at all? I can't remember it coming up.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

thrawn527 posted:

Oh wow, I didn't know that commentary was coming. Have we ever heard the guys talk about the series at all? I can't remember it coming up.

I think they hate whichever ones Chris Columbus made. Should be fun since that movie is full of disgusting shitboys.

Cannot wait for The Warriors or BH 90210, which is an awful Andrea-centered ep.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
https://twitter.com/WHMPodcast/status/1499060653687984139

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

thrawn527 posted:

They did Crimes of grumblewood a few years back for worst of the year.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Ah, the SylvesTour Stallone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
And then Michelangelo doesn’t know what to do, so he’s going to get back at Kirk by eatin’ out Scotty’s a-hole.