Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It would own for 8 to show up and it just gets dropped that Dr. Gero was actually making beyond Buu level threats during the original series, he just sucked at making them the exact right level of murdery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Goku using the time machine to go back in time to tell Gero about the universe so he would make stronger and stronger androids for him to fight.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

Yikes, I am not into the 3D animation. I thought it looked really bad in the fight scenes in Broly, it looks extremely bad without the hectic pace of fight scenes. Especially a bummer after how good the style of Broly was.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Just have android 21 show up already, the show needs more woman fighters anyway and actually having a woman be the main antagonist of an arc would be cool.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

dr.acula posted:

If Eighter shows up for this movie I will have a small orgasm in my rear end

:toxx:

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

And I'll pretty much look like your avatar when it happens

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Electric Phantasm posted:

Goku using the time machine to go back in time to tell Gero about the universe so he would make stronger and stronger androids for him to fight.

He saves Gero before 17 and 18 smash him and then goes to another lab and tells him "look, this Cell project is good but you need to think bigger, Doc"

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Monaghan posted:

Just have android 21 show up already, the show needs more woman fighters anyway and actually having a woman be the main antagonist of an arc would be cool.

I mean from the sounds of it this won’t be the main antagonist but probably something that gets introduced and then beat up in the final action scene

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
So according to the character profiles, the Red Ribbon Army is now going by the name Red Pharmaceuticals and contracted Dr. Hedo to create Androids for them.

Pan is also training with Piccolo despite only being three, though hopefully he doesn't leave her in the wilderness to fight dinosaurs. :v:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

its actually very easy to make androids stronger than the gods and gero wasnt that special when you think about it

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean from the sounds of it this won’t be the main antagonist but probably something that gets introduced and then beat up in the final action scene

Which really only necessitates a dramatic reveal if it’s something audiences already recognize.

So…Cell Dorado?

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

Which really only necessitates a dramatic reveal if it’s something audiences already recognize.

So…Cell Dorado?

Dr. Gero but super buff.
Just, an absolute unit.
You will be in awe at the size of the lad.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

its actually very easy to make androids stronger than the gods and gero wasnt that special when you think about it

Gonna make an android that has mastered Ultra Instinct and completely embarrass Goku.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah the way the synopsis is laid out, the way the marketing has worked, Gamma 1 and 2 are public knowledge and acting as heroes, though clearly under false pretenses.

RR is targeting Gohan specifically, and they're harboring a 'secret terrible weapon'. Both of these things make me think Cell, and very specifically the original Cell reborn somehow. Maybe they found like, a chunk of him and re-grew him. But I bet he's the one calling the shots and wants Gohan for revenge.

He won't show up until the final act. Maybe he'll be in his disgusting bugged out DBO form

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

TheKingofSprings posted:

So…Cell Dorado?

Not really? It also gives them a plot. Something Gohan has to stop.

Plus it’s the ultimate evil and nothing outside maybe like Kid Buu really qualifies that. Cell is mid level evil at best

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Also there is a decent chance the two gammas help Gohan fight this ultimate evil.

That or be absorbed 50/50

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Burkion posted:

Yeah the way the synopsis is laid out, the way the marketing has worked, Gamma 1 and 2 are public knowledge and acting as heroes, though clearly under false pretenses.

RR is targeting Gohan specifically, and they're harboring a 'secret terrible weapon'. Both of these things make me think Cell, and very specifically the original Cell reborn somehow. Maybe they found like, a chunk of him and re-grew him. But I bet he's the one calling the shots and wants Gohan for revenge.

He won't show up until the final act. Maybe he'll be in his disgusting bugged out DBO form

The great question of our time, should powered up Cell be even more handsome, or a freaky monstrosity that makes his Imperfect form look fetching?

Also yeah there's zero chance that Pan doesn't have a massive ':ssj:DONT HURT MY DADDDDYYYYY!!! (and also Gohan I guess):ssj:' moment and start kicking somebody's poo poo in.

khwarezm fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Mar 2, 2022

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
Will Oob ever be a thing? I'd like some Oob, please

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

khwarezm posted:

The great question of our time, should powered up Cell be even more handsome, or a freaky monstrosity that makes his Imperfect form look fetching?

Also yeah there's zero chance that Pan doesn't have a massive ':ssj:DONT HURT MY DADDDDYYYYY!!! (and also Gohan I guess):ssj:' moment and start kicking somebody's poo poo in.

Honestly at this point I'd be disappointed if we don't get a remake of the scene where Gohan breaks out of Raditz's space pod and headbutts him hard, but with Pan taking Gohan's place.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
Wish granted the villain is now Bio-Raditz

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Thee fact that the villain is specifically targeting Gohan means its almost certain to be Cell in one form or another.

Or it could be the tutor Chi-Chi hired in that one filler episode back for revenge.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

With all new attacks like Freaky Friday and Thirsty Thursday

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The flip side to this is that it really ISN'T Cell, and they're targeting Gohan because he's also a superhero and they want to crush the competition, but you'd think they'd have him in his superhero garb if that was the case

It also makes the RR connection odd

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Pan is also training with Piccolo despite only being three, though hopefully he doesn't leave her in the wilderness to fight dinosaurs. :v:

He should.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Considering how strong she was as a infant I think Pan could probably handle that (maybe even better than her dad did at first). Hell, the girl technically achieved Super Saiyan while she was still in the womb.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Burkion posted:

The flip side to this is that it really ISN'T Cell, and they're targeting Gohan because he's also a superhero and they want to crush the competition, but you'd think they'd have him in his superhero garb if that was the case

It also makes the RR connection odd

To be fair the RR really doesn’t have much in the way of a connection to the cell saga.

I mean Gero was a RR scientist but he’s acting basically by himself at that point

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

CharlestheHammer posted:

To be fair the RR really doesn’t have much in the way of a connection to the cell saga.

I mean Gero was a RR scientist but he’s acting basically by himself at that point

Gero kind of wasted his entire life in getting revenge for an organization who's leader wanted to wish himself taller, not that anyone outside of Adjutant Black knew and he shot Commander Red dead when he was told this.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

In a reverse twist Pan sneaks out to fight dinosaurs while a grumpy Piccolo has to keep getting her because she's wrecking the ecosystem.

feetnotes
Jan 29, 2008

I really hope it ain't Cell.

The trailers are definitely avoiding showing fully-powered-up Gohan, while teasing that he'll have "something" to show off. And that big round tank definitely looks like it holds the Super Secret real end fight. If Gohan's final fight form turns out to be "potential unleashed/mystic" and the fight turns out to be Cell, it means we wouldn't be seeing anything in this movie we didn't see way back in Z. That sounds... really boring to me. It also doesn't seem like what Toriyama has been interested in doing with the new stories. He'll bring back old characters or concepts, but use them to explore new ground in some way.

If Cell is brought back to life in Super, only now he has a new power up and has to be put down again, it would just make him seem even more like Freeza-light than he already does. Except what do you do with Cell besides just fight him and that's it? I can't really see him joining the gang as a true ally -- is Cell really going to be one of the top tier heavy hitters in arcs going forward? And if they tried to set him up as some looming threat that's still out there, he's once again doing the same thing as Freeza except with less personality and fewer story connections to bounce off of.

My wild hopes: we've seen Piccolo in this new "potential unleashed" form. There's heavy speculation Gohan will use his "potential unleashed" form. Piccolo has that demon/god legacy, Gohan's "potential unleashed" came from the Elder Kai, and Pan is the continuation of Piccolo and Gohan's whole mentorship/bond/training style. I would love it if all of those elements came together and coalesced into some new form, technique or something that is either god ki-adjacent or at least lets this crew stay in somewhat the same realm as Goku and Vegeta going forward. Maybe Gohan gets the new true form, Piccolo gets this "unleashed" form and Pan is revealed to be able to use the new ki type or whatever when she unleashes too. And then she can also be wearing the Piccolo clothes with the big shoulders at the end and it would be very cute. I know this seems like wishful thinking, but like, they featured these characters with their own movie for a reason, right?

I have no idea what villain would tie into this angle though, especially one that would be involved with the Red Ribbon Army. If it does have to be Cell, hopefully he's just a stepping stone to bigger and better things.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

If Gohans secret final form is not the Great Saiyaman and he doesnt inspire the Gammas to be real heroes i'm gonna be pissed.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

To be fair the boss doesn’t have to tie into RR because RR is the only organization in Dragonball that can be generic bad guys.

Even the Frieza force has well Frieza who will dominate any story he’s in

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Super Rad posted:

Will Oob ever be a thing? I'd like some Oob, please

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpUJU_UrJ9Y

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I doubt Cell will actually show up.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Tao Pai Pai potential unlocked coming to a theatre near you.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

the real end boss will be someone only goku can fight

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Android 13 yes

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

give me android 22

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

wrong

It will be 8/16/24 it will be Android 24 because the Gammas are 22 and 23

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

General Black survived.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Would be very funny if it was Android 21 and she's entirely in her nice persona and has no idea what RR expects her to do fighting wise