Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Ulio posted:

Any tips on which direction to expand as Kislev. I have taken out the Ropesman clan and the other Norsca tribe around the capital. I already have low devotion and supporters so I don't know if I should fight other Kislev clans. I was hoping to take more land and confederate but currently I don't have enough for them to think about that.

You can literally conquer just about any direction, so it's up to you. Go knock over the empire if you like, or the world's edge mountains. North has no buffer states so you might end up being forced to go that way except for kraka drak which doesn't always last that long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

Ulio posted:

Any tips on which direction to expand as Kislev. I have taken out the Ropesman clan and the other Norsca tribe around the capital. I already have low devotion and supporters so I don't know if I should fight other Kislev clans. I was hoping to take more land and confederate but currently I don't have enough for them to think about that.

I would recommend jumping down and taking Sylvania. You get a nice gold mine and a province you don't really need to worry about defending since it's surrounded on all sides by Order factions who will like you even more for killing vampires. Taking Drakenhof is piss easy even with a 20 garrison since there's a section of the walls not covered by towers and they have no ranged so you can just stick a kossar stack right there and shoot down their entire force for free. It also gives the Empire factions one less thing to get killed by so they have some more chance of lasting a few more turns before being eating by Skrag.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

And hopefully you have a hero that decreases vampiric corruption, unlike Chaos factions that have to make do with constant 70 that makes all units take attrition.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Ulio posted:

I would not fight other Kislevites if you can avoid it. You have two cities and it sounds like two oblasts, assuming you have killed off the Baersonlings. Have you done any rifts yet? Trying to figure out how many turns you're in.

If you have finished one or have time before one then a jaunt to Sylvania for their mine and to help the Empire out is a good place. Make sure Throt is dead, or he will be a huge pain. I confederated the group holding Erengrad because shortly after the first set of rifts several demon armies descended on them and they got a huge "major threat" bonus to wanting to be confederated. Having lots of supporters and a good relationship helped too. I'm honestly not sure that Kostaltyn will survive to be confederated at this rate.

Anyway, Erengrad is nice to have, as is the third oblast but honestly two cities and two oblasts is a great position given the way the campaign plays out.

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

Twigand Berries posted:

Do Cathay and Kislev not get movement shenanigans? Poor humans.

Cathay do but at that point you're basically hoping you decided to bring an Astronomer with you as part of your army into the rift (I mean I did, but still), detatching the Astronomer, making your army weaker for at least a turn, on the hope you win a cointoss so you can 'maybe' catch the enemy army.

It'd be hilarious if it didn't annoy me so much.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ulio posted:

I'm playing a H/N Katarin game (solely because I hate the AR being affected by Campaign Difficulty, otherwise I would do VH) and I left the Vanaheimlings alive (so I could farm them for XP, Devotion, diplomatic rep, and Steal Tech by an Ice Witch for more Devotion and levels) to conquer Praag on turn 4 and Hell pit on 7 or 8. I then spent some time catching Baersonling and Vanaheimling raiding armies for XP for Katarin (plus money and devotion). Once I filled Katarin's army out I marched on Ostland for that sweet, sweet goldmine, then I went and took Erengrad from the Druzhina Conclave the easy way (because the hard way is confederating, because the AI hates confederating even if you have 200+ relations and are Strength rating 1). Now I'm just loving around and finally took the Forest province to the northeast and the Eastern Oblast and its turn 60 or so and I feel somewhat weathly and strong? So if you have Kislev, Praag, and the two Oblasts to their east I think you should be in good position to either try to force confederation with the Druzhina, push into Sylvania, or the Worlds Edge Mountains to grow some more. Though if you want to try to actually win the game then I would just hunker down with that land, get Katarin all the upkeep reductions you can find and fill her army with 12-14 50 upkeep Ice Guard and go punch some demons in the dick.

Grimson posted:

It's called Mortal Empires, you guys.

Mortal Empires.
CA has called the combined map for game 3 "Immortal Empires" you dingus.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I know they said they're focusing on performance issues, but I would still like a broad, date-free roadmap.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Mordja posted:

I know they said they're focusing on performance issues, but I would still like a broad, date-free roadmap.
Same. I'm enjoying the game due to the QoL stuff and new content, but I'd really like to know a ballpark on when to expect Immortal Empires, Chaos Dwarfs, and what else might be coming.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Grimson posted:

Mortal Empires.

A CA rep has called it the "Immortal Empires" map when they discussed that the leaked map was real, but also a very early prototype. So I think you're wrong.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

CA has called the combined map for game 3 "Immortal Empires" you dingus.

To be fair I don't think many people know this because it wasn't said in marketing material. It was an out of the way dev comment talking about leaked content and rumors. Immortal Empires is not a name they have recognized and publicly stated is official.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

From Outposts, can you get DLC units?

I can't and I'm assuming you currently can't, but I also currently don't have Warhammer 2 installed, if that's a factor at all.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Grimson posted:

Mortal Empires.

Game 2's combined map is called Mortal Empires. We don't know the official name of the game 3 combined map but it's been nicknamed Immortal Empires by a whole lot of people including devs to make it clear that it's the game 3 combined map not the game 2 map we're talking about. It's unlikely (but not impossible - see Untitled Goose Game) that that will be the official name but until then calling it Immortal Empires makes it clear what we are talking about - very specifically the game three combined map and not the already existing game 2 one.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I said come in! posted:

To be fair I don't think many people know this because it wasn't said in marketing material. It was an out of the way dev comment talking about leaked content and rumors. Immortal Empires is not a name they have recognized and publicly stated is official.
Thats fine but I felt like Gimson's post was a little sassy considering people have been referring to WH3's combined map as IE for what, a year or more? Like Torrannor said, a CA rep called it that so maybe its not official official, but CA called it that. We're not all idiots that are calling it the wrong thing all this time.

Blooming Brilliant posted:

I can't and I'm assuming you currently can't, but I also currently don't have Warhammer 2 installed, if that's a factor at all.
Nope, sadly. At least not yet.

Not a factor.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Not yet! That is what Immortal Empires is going to be. You'll have to own all DLC from Warhammer I and II is the caveat though.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Ravenfood posted:

I would not fight other Kislevites if you can avoid it. You have two cities and it sounds like two oblasts, assuming you have killed off the Baersonlings. Have you done any rifts yet? Trying to figure out how many turns you're in.

If you have finished one or have time before one then a jaunt to Sylvania for their mine and to help the Empire out is a good place. Make sure Throt is dead, or he will be a huge pain. I confederated the group holding Erengrad because shortly after the first set of rifts several demon armies descended on them and they got a huge "major threat" bonus to wanting to be confederated. Having lots of supporters and a good relationship helped too. I'm honestly not sure that Kostaltyn will survive to be confederated at this rate.

Anyway, Erengrad is nice to have, as is the third oblast but honestly two cities and two oblasts is a great position given the way the campaign plays out.

Ok good tips everyone thanks but I had to restart my campaign because I feel like I did too many early game mistakes even though I had 3 full stacks but my supporter was down the shithole and I didn't use the devotion mechanic properly. I think this time once I get the surroundings of Kislev, I will go Northeast, is that more Norsacan territory? Or maybe try Sylvania in the south to get some safe mines with no opposition in that direction.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Chucat posted:

Cathay do but at that point you're basically hoping you decided to bring an Astronomer with you as part of your army into the rift (I mean I did, but still), detatching the Astronomer, making your army weaker for at least a turn, on the hope you win a cointoss so you can 'maybe' catch the enemy army.

It'd be hilarious if it didn't annoy me so much.

Oh I don’t mean agent actions, the non human factions all either supercharge their own movement (my Skrag’s normal movement was farther than his March stance somehow?) or Nurgle can just poo poo out campaign debuffs.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Back when WH2 launched, they mentioned Mortal Empires and added a comment saying 'we know not all the races playable in ME are mortals per se, but considering what's on the distant horizon..." so Immortal Empires seems to be as good a prediction as any.

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

Ulio posted:

Ok good tips everyone thanks but I had to restart my campaign because I feel like I did too many early game mistakes even though I had 3 full stacks but my supporter was down the shithole and I didn't use the devotion mechanic properly. I think this time once I get the surroundings of Kislev, I will go Northeast, is that more Norsacan territory? Or maybe try Sylvania in the south to get some safe mines with no opposition in that direction.

Northeast is more Norscan territory but it's also quite spread out along the coast and directly opposite the chaos wastes so you will have constant Nurgle and Khorne invasion fleets landing on those shores. I don't think there's a good reason to push past the natural mountain chokepoint near Kraka Drak.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
If you want you can push out and then give them to Kraka Drak. Ally them and get good advance warning of enemies coming that way.

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Ravenfood posted:

If you want you can push out and then give them to Kraka Drak. Ally them and get good advance warning of enemies coming that way.

This is what I am doing, the ai hates kraka drak so as long as I keep them alive and feeding them settlements I have no incursions from the north at all.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

CancerCakes posted:

This is what I am doing, the ai hates kraka drak so as long as I keep them alive and feeding them settlements I have no incursions from the north at all.
Kraka Drak have ZERO growth because of -300 modifiers due to chaos corruption, so to help them out you gotta drop a fat stack of Patriarchs on 'em to get that down to zero.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
Does the advisor’s story go in reverse chronological order from 3 to 1?

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

i absolutely refuse to play ogres until a modder has put them back in their proper grey skin. ca open the workshop you cowards, and for maws'sake someone get poor greasus a palanquin that cart looks uncomfortable as hell

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I don't get why they said they couldn't have goblins carry him when Nurgle gets basically the same thing.

DaveCG
Nov 5, 2009

Mordja posted:

Pretty sure there’s a around launch time quote from them saying they’d be doing a road map a few weeks after launch. So hopefully it’ll drop this week.

Edit; just realised it’s only been two weeks tomorrow since it released, feels longer.

DaveCG fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Mar 2, 2022

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

DaveCG posted:

Pretty sure there’s a around launch time quote from them saying they’d be doing a road map a few weeks after launch. So hopefully it’ll drop this week.

Edit; just realised it’s only been two weeks tomorrow since it released, feels longer.
If I remember correctly, I saw a screenshot of CA_Dave saying in some discord that we would get a pretty concrete and comprehensive roadmap a week after launch. I could be misremembering though.

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

If I remember correctly, I saw a screenshot of CA_Dave saying in some discord that we would get a pretty concrete and comprehensive roadmap a week after launch. I could be misremembering though.

I think he said in the weeks after launch they'd put out a roadmap

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Lol if you attack an army in march stance with a second reinforcing enemy army also in march stance next to it and you rout the first army before reinforcements arrive both armies are annihilated

which is a shame because I did it to get two battles

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Fuligin posted:

i absolutely refuse to play ogres until a modder has put them back in their proper grey skin. ca open the workshop you cowards, and for maws'sake someone get poor greasus a palanquin that cart looks uncomfortable as hell

Sorry but the richest most powerful ogre in the history of his kind must roll around in a lovely squeaky little wheelbarrow and also sometimes the wheel falls off because he's fat and he just has to lay there looking fat and sad until a gnoblar comes and helps

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
Even though I wish Greasus had his throne of gnoblars instead of a cart, I accept it because expecting the richest ogre ever to walk is just absurd.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!
So, uhhh, did anyone else figure out you can click and drag reinforcement icons and just put it on whatever map edge you want? :catstare:

I just had a stack with a level 5 great wall garrison fight a Norsca stack, and I just moved the garrison forces reinforcement area to behind the enemy deployment zone where they proceeded to crush the enemy army where it stood.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Kuiperdolin posted:

I don't get why they said they couldn't have goblins carry him when Nurgle gets basically the same thing.

Yeah when the trailer originally dropped I understood “that’s hard to animate, and we have a shitton of stuff to animate.” Cool CA, one unimpeccable thing about this game is the art design.

Then nurglings and KuGath and whaaaaat

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Panfilo posted:

So, uhhh, did anyone else figure out you can click and drag reinforcement icons and just put it on whatever map edge you want? :catstare:

I just had a stack with a level 5 great wall garrison fight a Norsca stack, and I just moved the garrison forces reinforcement area to behind the enemy deployment zone where they proceeded to crush the enemy army where it stood.
Yep. It changes your reinforcement times though, which can change how useful it is.

I wish there was a skill/effect to shorten it as a contrast to lightning strike.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I miss grey skinned ogres, yeah. When was the last time that was canon, back in 6th?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

Ravenfood posted:

Yep. It changes your reinforcement times though, which can change how useful it is.

I wish there was a skill/effect to shorten it as a contrast to lightning strike.

It's certainly fine when the AI doesn't want to budge anyway. I fact I bet you can time it so that you approach them right as the reinforcements spawn, causing the AI to split up in opposite directions.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Yeah when the trailer originally dropped I understood “that’s hard to animate, and we have a shitton of stuff to animate.” Cool CA, one unimpeccable thing about this game is the art design.

Then nurglings and KuGath and whaaaaat

I think if we all had the choice we would also choose the splurge on those two. sometimes sacrifices must be made

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Azran posted:

I miss grey skinned ogres, yeah. When was the last time that was canon, back in 6th?

think so. ive been bitter ever since

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Yeah sixth when ogres first became a standalone army finalized their look and made them grey. Eighth made them viable but also more “british humans but one different feature.”

I like that GW and now CA kept them being brick shithouse fat powerlifters instead of just “lol fat” though. They look funny but genuinely intimidating.

E: incidentally even before and after the Kingdoms as a stand-alone army, chaos could take ogres and mark them for a god. Not likely but it’s a potential roster filler with a lot of fun art potential. I think AoS tzeentch has an ogre model?

E2: imagine how many directions you could go as modeler for a slaanesh ogre

E3: there’s a quote from some Olympics-tier lifter that comes up on YLLS occasionally. It basically is him saying to order a large pizza, drizzle olive oil, add slabs of bacon, then shove the entire thing into your fat buff maw to bulk up. That is actually exactly a slaanesh ogre

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Mar 3, 2022

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

E: incidentally even before and after the Kingdoms as a stand-alone army, chaos could take ogres and mark them for a god. Not likely but it’s a potential roster filler with a lot of fun art potential. I think AoS tzeentch has an ogre model?

Ogroids. Which were a related species that look a bit like non chaos Minotaurs (Until they became Chaos). They pissed Gorkamorka off in some way I can't remember right now, and swore themselves to Chaos for protection from Gorkamorka and his followers.

We have models for two so far, the Tzeentch Devoted Thaumaturge and the Undivided Myrmidon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Hargrimm posted:

Northeast is more Norscan territory but it's also quite spread out along the coast and directly opposite the chaos wastes so you will have constant Nurgle and Khorne invasion fleets landing on those shores. I don't think there's a good reason to push past the natural mountain chokepoint near Kraka Drak.

Oh Ok I don't want to deal with chaos bullshit more than I already have to. I restarted my first campaign just as the chaos rifts appeared so I haven't experienced any chaos yet in my campaign.