Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

The Shortest Path posted:

praying that crunchyroll can acquire aniplex next so we can finally stream baccano

aniplex is crunchyroll's parent company now after the merger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

marumaru posted:

is anim the singular of anime

Animae

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

praying that crunchyroll can acquire aniplex next so we can finally stream baccano

Isn't all of Baccano on youtube?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Maybe I'm the last to know but God drat, discotek does amazing work. I'm loving every second of this ronin warriors set, they cleaned it up so well.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Larryb posted:

So out of curiosity then, why did 6 get dropped onto HIDIVE instead of Crunchyroll?

And speaking of HIDIVE, are there any plans to put the rest of Lupin on there eventually as well (or doing a dub for Part 6 for that matter)?

Because Sentai Filmworks licensed the new Lupin show. Usually Discotek picks up Lupin stuff. Since Sentai Filmworks only uses Hidive for that stuff, that’s where part 6 now airs. The previous stuff won’t show up there unless Sentai licenses any of the older stuff, which won’t happen unless Discotek loses those licenses.

There will be a dub for part 6, but Sentai generally doesn’t do simuldubs, so it won’t happen until they put out a BD/DVD release.

Kingtheninja posted:

Maybe I'm the last to know but God drat, discotek does amazing work. I'm loving every second of this ronin warriors set, they cleaned it up so well.

I follow Justin Sevakis on Twitter and he does the bulk of Discotek’s discs. I don’t know if he did Ronin Warriors, but you can tell he is crazy about trying to get the best image available for the stuff he works on. If Discotek works with other BD/DVD authors who are just as serious with their work, it’s no surprise they have some of the best looking releases.

The Black Stones fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Mar 2, 2022

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So is the current dub of Part 1 also on HIDIVE or is that on Crunchyroll (also has that particular Lupin season ever been dubbed before or is this the first time)?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Ah, anim or as some say, anime

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The Part 1 dub is new.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Larryb posted:

So is the current dub of Part 1 also on HIDIVE or is that on Crunchyroll (also has that particular Lupin season ever been dubbed before or is this the first time)?

I didn’t even realize the first season was getting a dub! Looking at it, looks like Discotek teamed up with Hidive for that one. It’s the first time it’s ever been dubbed I believe.

So I guess that answers my question on what happens with Discotek stuff, might see them start working with Hidive more now.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Neat, did Parts 2 & 3 ever get dubbed either or did that not start becoming a regular thing until Season 4?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Part 2 has a partial dub done way back in the 2000s by Geneon, its run on Adult Swim was a lot of the US' introduction to Lupin and its cast has become mostly the de facto English cast.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
anime ite domum

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Anim Domini 2022

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Aniplex is already in Sony's possession

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
hosed up but true - Sentai Filmworks is owned by AMC Networks, whose executive chairman is James Dolan, owner of the New York Knicks

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Been using the VRV app for Android TV ever since the days when it had Funimation and Boomerang and wasn't just "Crunchyroll and lol also Rooster Teeth I guess."

Is the Crunchyroll app better or should I stick with VRV?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Crunchyroll still doesn't accept my credit card

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I think they're getting rid of VRV too. You'll be getting an email to redeem 60 free days of Crunchy.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Rand Brittain posted:

Been using the VRV app for Android TV ever since the days when it had Funimation and Boomerang and wasn't just "Crunchyroll and lol also Rooster Teeth I guess."

Is the Crunchyroll app better or should I stick with VRV?

Both suck.

Of course, Funi also sucks.

VRV seems more stable? But it's been forever since I tried the Crunchy app at all, and VRV is filled with bullshit on top of Crunchy that probably isn't what you're there for, so barring just searching for exactly what you want, it's kind of a hindrance for finding things.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Supremezero posted:

VRV is filled with bullshit on top of Crunchy that probably isn't what you're there for,

Filled is a generous way to describe it.

These are all three channels currently on VRV.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rweQmBxc2lc

Vivy good

marumaru fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Mar 3, 2022

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

give us the english dub of laid back camp, sony

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Waffleman_ posted:

VRV was pretty awesome when it started and had stuff like Shudder but it's mostly just Crunchyroll now.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I could have sworn VRV also used to have some western cartoons on its service in addition to anime, is that not the case anymore?

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Larryb posted:

I could have sworn VRV also used to have some western cartoons on its service in addition to anime, is that not the case anymore?

I think it was Cartoon Hangover?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I think they also had Boomerang at one point and NickSplat at another.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Yeah that’s probably what I was thinking of, I assume those are all gone or moved somewhere else now?

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Larryb posted:

Yeah that’s probably what I was thinking of, I assume those are all gone or moved somewhere else now?

Waffleman_ posted:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

What kind of stuff is on Mondo and VRV Select then?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Larryb posted:

probably nick and cartoon network changed plans when Paramount+ and HBO Max happened

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

VRV Select is I believe a bunch of Shout Factory stuff, a Dan Harmon D&D show, and My Brother, My Brother, and Me. Mondo is like Happy Tree Friends, Baman Piderman, Dr. Tran, those YouTube animations. They also have their own original superhero show called Lastman.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Now Crunchyroll will be the only way to watch the My Brother, My Brother, and Me tv show!

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Didn't VRV have Rooster Teeth for a long time?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

That was back when they were both owned by ATT.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
https://twitter.com/ShitpostBot5000/status/1499527572702384137

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
I decided to rewatch Live Alive (the concert episode) from Haruhi Suzimiya this evening, partially because I enjoyed it and partially so that the watch next episode thumbnail wouldn't be a bunnygirl costume anymore.

Anyway, I remember someone mentioning that the show is more fun when you believe literally everything in it is being dictated by Haruhi, as opposed to her just being able to will things into existence when she really thinks about or wants it. With that in mind, her throw grass at Kyon, only for a gust of wind to blow it back into her own face, is even funnier:

Poor Haruhi, she knows she's being childish and subconsciously punished herself for it.

edit: vvv I did; I watched it all earlier this year.

surf rock fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Mar 4, 2022

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Now watch the rest so you can watch the incredibly good movie

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/AnimeSerbia/status/1499620701275365378?t=ZXNRhNQN51G44FWtBbNxYw&s=19

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

surf rock posted:

I decided to rewatch Live Alive (the concert episode) from Haruhi Suzimiya this evening, partially because I enjoyed it and partially so that the watch next episode thumbnail wouldn't be a bunnygirl costume anymore.

Anyway, I remember someone mentioning that the show is more fun when you believe literally everything in it is being dictated by Haruhi, as opposed to her just being able to will things into existence when she really thinks about or wants it. With that in mind, her throw grass at Kyon, only for a gust of wind to blow it back into her own face, is even funnier:

Poor Haruhi, she knows she's being childish and subconsciously punished herself for it.

edit: vvv I did; I watched it all earlier this year.

How has endless 8 gone down now that quite a lot of time has passed? I can't imagine any studio ever willing to do something that again just from a cost stand point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marumaru
May 20, 2013

https://twitter.com/AoTLegacy/status/1499543347874398211