Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the strongest bug?
This poll is closed.
Praying mantis 91 21.06%
🐜 71 16.44%
🦂 56 12.96%
🕷 46 10.65%
🦎 101 23.38%
Centipede 67 15.51%
Total: 432 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Hammer down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Serf posted:

it is funny that people still think the worst thing you can see is two men kissing. people haven't come as far as they think

It's absolutely wild that people are trying to use gay imagery to own CSPAM of all places.

There is a thread called internet cum warriors ffs.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
I can't believe how excited I am for the Jeb Zelensky campaign!

Futanari Damacy has issued a correction as of 03:34 on Oct 26, 2022

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Hatebag posted:

Oh ok so the banderites were ukranian irregular fascist militia during ww2

Now they run the country, or significant portions of it

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
So I can fire artillery into a city for days on end, and as soon as I see Ukrainian soldiers I can put my hands up and be treated the same as a conscript POW who baled from their tank the first chance they got? Does that seem reasonable or just?

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

sounds like war crimes

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
guardian seems to think Russia's going to declare martial law soon, which does seem to be in line with how they usually handle protests, stay safe russian goons too

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Vomik posted:

check this out and remember americans will tell you that putin & xi are the greatest evils on the planet and we can't whataboutism america unless we want the nazis to win

IT IS ALWAYS PROJECTION

America is so evil

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news

FistEnergy posted:

This video randomly popped in my head today

https://youtu.be/4cAZZR_Jki0

I remember it getting passed around the forums about a decade ago. seems like the perfect time for a rewatch. looks like the original upload was scrubbed, not sure how much longer it'll be around.

lmao. very fake though, the Russians made it to Gdańsk in like 15 mins, in reality they can barely make it to Kiev in a week!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Majorian posted:

So I can fire artillery into a city for days on end, and as soon as I see Ukrainian soldiers I can put my hands up and be treated the same as a conscript POW who baled from their tank the first chance they got? Does that seem reasonable or just?

I can't tell if this is syq or not but yes that's exactly how basic civilized concepts of war have been since the days of throwing big rocks at each other

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:
what i've learned from lurking in this thread is that there are no good guys in any of this poo poo

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Russia must know freedom and know it soon.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

sexpig by night posted:

I can't tell if this is syq or not but yes that's exactly how basic civilized concepts of war have been since the days of throwing big rocks at each other

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news

Majorian posted:

just because the other guy did war crimes doesn’t mean you get to a free pass to also do war crimes

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Nis posted:

what i've learned from lurking in this thread is that there are no good guys in any of this poo poo

the good guys are the average people caught in a fight between two flavors of violent nationalist freaks

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
'oh so og throw big rock at me all day but when zog's tribe catches og we no allowed to eat his brain to absorb his soul??? THIS PC TYRANNY MUST END'

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

just because the other guy did war crimes doesn’t mean you get to a free pass to also do war crimes

*cough*syq*cough*

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS

Majorian posted:

how hot is the business end of your crack pipe?

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Frosted Flake posted:

The procurement of a 120mm mortar for Canada, which has been a white paper objective since the 90’s, has not gone ahead because the Finnish Tampella beat the Israeli Soltam in competition, cost, better fit our needs. So, we just don’t have one.

And so it's american lobbying that's hindering from this procurement because of israel?? Yikes

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Majorian posted:

*cough*syq*cough*

drat it :argh:

D&D or GBS? Seems kinda dumb for D&D but, well, it's D&D

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Nis posted:

When the wealthy go to war, it is the poor who die.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

FistEnergy posted:

This video randomly popped in my head today

https://youtu.be/4cAZZR_Jki0

I remember it getting passed around the forums about a decade ago. seems like the perfect time for a rewatch. looks like the original upload was scrubbed, not sure how much longer it'll be around.

the last ten minutes of this are so good

this carefully constructed fake-voice is telling you to retreat to the inner sanctum, bring water and food, you'll be there for at least two weeks. there's a big sort of emotional escalation until the strike is imminent and then - silence

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

lmao @ this, truly the USA's closest ally

https://twitter.com/avischarf/status/1498979412481658885

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Yea if it was just the Azov battalion then whatever. However, on top of the Azov you have The Right Sector, C14, Donbass Battalion, Dnipro-1, Aidar battalion all that are various degrees of White/Ukrainian Nationalist hard right wing who are accused of war crimes. How do you deal with that? Not to mention the political parties and how they re-branded in 2019 to be a more palpable image friendly right wing white nationalist being (Fatherland).

Lenin Stimpy
Sep 9, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what a brutal loving world. stay safe

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

sexpig by night posted:

the good guys are the average people caught in a fight between two flavors of violent nationalist freaks

ah yes the evil nationalist forces of Ukraine, protecting their home from an invader and just as evil as him

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

sexpig by night posted:

drat it :argh:

D&D or GBS? Seems kinda dumb for D&D but, well, it's D&D

First option.:laugh:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

I mean Ukraine keeps murdering the poo poo outta Jews so tbh I don't blame Israel for going with the money in a fight between two antisemites.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Majorian posted:

First option.:laugh:

lol god drat D&D

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Mokotow posted:

ah yes the evil nationalist forces of Ukraine, protecting their home from an invader and just as evil as him

that's right

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Currently coordinating with my buddies on a Pokémon discord to go commit some hate crimes against slavs. Let them know they are not wanted in this country. :patriot::911:

If anyone wants to help us just send a pm.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mokotow posted:

to be clear I'm talking about the mayors handing out guns instead of food and fuel for their people to endure a siege, and the guys using said guns to settle scores under the guise of 'hunting russian spies' so yes, I view them as equally worthy of contempt in this and equally as dangerous to the average Ukrainian.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

christmas boots posted:

Also lol why does Russia get to vote when they're the subject of the vote.

afraid they're going to overrule the dozens of other member countries or something?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Russian social media is saying Arsen Avakov was sent to organize the defense and/or evacuation of Kharkiv. He was the interior minister installed after Maidan and lasted until last year. He's the godfather of the fascist militias and helped integrate them into the national guard.

Not confirmed but fits with the Ukrainian government relying more heavily on the far right to maintain control.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

redneck nazgul posted:

i still have no idea why i'm suddenly repping a random rear end military unit but i just want my slat sluts tag back

I queued this up, no idea if the admins will approve it or not, so if you don't see it in 24 hours or so, you'll need to buy it

Azathoth has issued a correction as of 23:45 on Mar 2, 2022

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

V. Illych L. posted:

everything i've heard about chechens is very intimidating. if i hear about them in a military context i interpret it as special forces, but somehow even more murderous. i don't think that's actually true - from what i understand they're mostly used as very solid regular light infantry - but they have this weird aura of menace about them which must be partially myth-making but to which they've tended to live up when they've seen combat (in georgia 2008 they had a field day, for instance)

do you know if that regiment of chechens on the ukrainian side are from this ichkerian loyalist faction?

Reputation entirely warranted: Chechnya II was a very ugly war born of a betrayal that violated the fundamental ethos of the region's whole cultural identity, with hosed up war crimes poo poo going down on both sides, and veterans from it internalized those lessons and pass them on.

And yes, these guys are Ichkerian loyalists who have been fighting Kadyrov and Putin on the daily for 20 years. They're probably some of the canniest infantrymen on the planet, and don't gently caress around.

Also, note the guy one-handing a loving SPG-9.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

lol nope, explicit warcrime.

Here’s the scary part - The Rules of Armed Conflict aren’t just legal but customary. That’s to say they’re reciprocal. The Japanese and Russians treated each other very well in the Russo-Japanese War, and the good treatment of Russian soldiers by the Germans in WW1 led to many surrendering in 1941 with fatal consequences. Soviet treatment of German soldiers declined precipitously as they discovered what the Germans were up to in the fall of 1941, and while never as bad as the Wehrmacht, didn’t really recover until 1943.

So - Commandos in the Dieppe raid bound the hands of German POWs, when this was discovered Hitler personally ordered Canadian POWs hands bound. Those bastard kraut murderers in 12th SS killed Canadian POWs in Normandy, and after that was discovered… well you know how those Hitler Youth are, they must have fought to the death whenever facing Canadians after that because there were so few captures.

So - Ukraine announcing they will not follow Hague or Geneva - it’s their funeral. Particularly since POWs are relatively rare from the side on the offensive, especially during rapid advances. Moreover, a defeated nation will find it’s entire military and civilian population in enemy hands, so uh setting this precedent - I don’t even want to get into what that might look like.

It’s possible that this is a play to get the Russians to start fighting a war red in tooth and claw. The West will totally ignore, at the very least play down, Ukrainian warcrimes while boosting Russian ones, so it may be intended to get some of those on film as another way to draw in western intervention. That’s the only reason I can think of for the losing side proudly broadcasting that there will be no quarter.

Love this Liberal Democratic Ukraine guys, aren’t they so plucky and freedom loving?

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

https://twitter.com/KyivIndependent/status/1499147005117046789

:thunk:

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

BrotherJayne posted:

NGL eating 3 probs, a red text, and a PFP for sharing some BDA from a tweet makes me really really leery of anything in the D&D thread. Is it normally like this?

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
I'll be honest, I don't understand why war crimes are a concept, its a loving joke. War is a crime, and you're only going to get prosecuted if you lose, if you cant buy your way out, or if the whites want to make an example of you. If committing a war crime brings a side closer to victory, they'll absolutely do it no questions asked.