Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the strongest bug?
This poll is closed.
Praying mantis 91 21.06%
🐜 71 16.44%
🦂 56 12.96%
🕷 46 10.65%
🦎 101 23.38%
Centipede 67 15.51%
Total: 432 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-60454795

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Current time in Moscow is 3:55am

https://twitter.com/francska1/status/1495474850458226689

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008
Assholes could not wait until after Elden Ring gets released.

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

Mazel Tov!

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

ghouldaddy07 posted:

I'm impressed Putin got a win in Total Warhammer so quickly tbh

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ghouldaddy07 posted:

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

:thunk:

Orbis Tertius
Feb 13, 2007

thanks for the earworm rear end in a top hat.

INSANE. IN THE BRAIN.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Fake news

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

I'm going to 1v1 Putin Shadow Fiend mid for the fate of Ukraine

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Update: I lost

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

heh....THE Ukraine. lol. :smug:

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

heh....THE Ukraine. lol. :smug:

that's THEE Ukraine to you

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

real talk I was at the art museum here on Saturday and one of the description cards said "the Ukraine" and I thought that was funny

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

i rly don't wanna die

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
seems like a nothingburger, like crimea

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1495921612159426574

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Riot Bimbo posted:

i rly don't wanna die

if you live in the US, you'll probably get coronavirus before you get a nuke dropped on you

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

yellowcar posted:

if you live in the US, you'll probably get coronavirus before you get a nuke dropped on you

I am not so assured sorry

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

What are the targets in an actual nuclear war? Bases and population centers? I know there's some old cold war maps of nuke targets, but there's a lot less nukes now to launch so they've probably changed.

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

What are the targets in an actual nuclear war? Bases and population centers? I know there's some old cold war maps of nuke targets, but there's a lot less nukes now to launch so they've probably changed.

Primarily major military installations and power plants.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

planners usually distinguish between strikes on strategic targets to disable a country's military strength and revenge strikes that target population. so in principle, a massive nuclear strike might not destroy most urban centers. unfortunately this is wildly optimistic both with regard to target selection and the prospects for life after a nuclear conflict. i wouldn't place any bets on this map but i think the basic idea is right

the purple triangles is if the commies say gently caress you america I'm taking you with me, and just try to fry a lot of americans. the black circles are a strikes focused on military and heavy industry. those vast blankets of death in montana, north dakota, and wyoming are to destroy american ballistic missile facilities. maybe we get really lucky and the nuclear war kills under 100 million americans

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

I love the huge clumps out west that's obviously fishing for installations.

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

How long will it take to capture Kiev? 2 days
Will Zelensky be killed? Yes
Total Ukrainian civillian casualties: 500 dead
Total military casualties Ukraine: 3000 dead
Total military casualties Russia: 15 dead
Will the Ukrainian army regulars hold the lines? No
Will the National Guard fight to the end? No
Will chem/bio weapons be used on invading troops?: Yes
Will Zelensky launch attacks on the Tatars? Yes
Will Zelensky launch attacks on Belarus? No
-If yes; will Belarus retaliate harshly? Yes
Will Zelensky sacrifice Kiev (gas/nuke it)? No
Will the Tatars make a grab for independence? Yes
Will Poland do anything silly like try for land? Yes
Will Zelensky burn the wheat fields? Yes
How long will the Russia be occupying Ukraine? ~15 years
Will the Ukrainian war catalyze increased terrorism in Russia?No
In the long run, will this war be good or bad for the world? Good

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

who cares

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

https://twitter.com/JackAMtheShow/status/1100393530193633280

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

PawParole posted:

How long will it take to capture Kiev? 2 days
Will Zelensky be killed? Yes
Total Ukrainian civillian casualties: 500 dead
Total military casualties Ukraine: 3000 dead
Total military casualties Russia: 15 dead
Will the Ukrainian army regulars hold the lines? No
Will the National Guard fight to the end? No
Will chem/bio weapons be used on invading troops?: Yes
Will Zelensky launch attacks on the Tatars? Yes
Will Zelensky launch attacks on Belarus? No
-If yes; will Belarus retaliate harshly? Yes
Will Zelensky sacrifice Kiev (gas/nuke it)? No
Will the Tatars make a grab for independence? Yes
Will Poland do anything silly like try for land? Yes
Will Zelensky burn the wheat fields? Yes
How long will the Russia be occupying Ukraine? ~15 years
Will the Ukrainian war catalyze increased terrorism in Russia?No
In the long run, will this war be good or bad for the world? Good

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender
So, like, what's the motive here? Are there resources in Ukraine that Putin wants? Labor? Or maybe just flexing on Europe/the US and daring us to do something, or wanting to get the Soviet Union back together?

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

It'd be pretty rude for putin not to invade after all the hype they built up

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

planners usually distinguish between strikes on strategic targets to disable a country's military strength and revenge strikes that target population. so in principle, a massive nuclear strike might not destroy most urban centers. unfortunately this is wildly optimistic both with regard to target selection and the prospects for life after a nuclear conflict. i wouldn't place any bets on this map but i think the basic idea is right

the purple triangles is if the commies say gently caress you america I'm taking you with me, and just try to fry a lot of americans. the black circles are a strikes focused on military and heavy industry. those vast blankets of death in montana, north dakota, and wyoming are to destroy american ballistic missile facilities. maybe we get really lucky and the nuclear war kills under 100 million americans

big fan of the nuke landing directly on the midsized indiana college town i live in

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Kreeblah posted:

So, like, what's the motive here? Are there resources in Ukraine that Putin wants? Labor? Or maybe just flexing on Europe/the US and daring us to do something, or wanting to get the Soviet Union back together?

liberating the ukraine from nazi occupation

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Jesus Christ

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Kreeblah posted:

gog and magog are at work in Kiev

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
So what two white ultra nationalist countries going to war with various flavours of homophobia, racism, nazism etc.. why should my brown/olive rear end care? Seems like less white nationalists the better for whatever climate collapse mass refugee exodus is soon going to befall us.

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

FSB needs more LGBTQ people to round up for the orthodox hedgemon

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

he's Disney's main songwriter now

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Death By The Blues posted:

So what two white ultra nationalist countries going to war with various flavours of homophobia, racism, nazism etc.. why should my brown/olive rear end care? Seems like less white nationalists the better for whatever climate collapse mass refugee exodus is soon going to befall us.

Russia and Ukraine are both bigtime food exporters. Even putting aside all the people dead as a direct consequence, a big war between them could have real bad knock-on effects for food security, particularly in the mideast. Russia is the #1 grain exporter on the continent and Ukraine is the #3

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

Given the general decay, malaise, and institutional collapse in both the American and Russian militaries (and the government/society at large) wouldn't it be funny if we can't even competently destroy each other any more. Like, there's no way the above map happens even if everything goes right and everyone needed is chill with being party to the greatest mass murder in history. Turns out the only nukes that launched, accurately hit their targets, and actually detonated were Boise, Idaho and all seven aimed at Walt Disney World :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Given the general decay, malaise, and institutional collapse in both the American and Russian militaries (and the government/society at large) wouldn't it be funny if we can't even competently destroy each other any more. Like, there's no way the above map happens even if everything goes right and everyone needed is chill with being party to the greatest mass murder in history. Turns out the only nukes that launched, accurately hit their targets, and actually detonated were Boise, Idaho and all seven aimed at Walt Disney World :v:

Russia just did a strategic services test as part of their general military exercises, and they successfully launched all their missiles. So, at least one country is proven to be nuclear capable.