Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

evobatman posted:

Work gives us a stipend for a cell phone, so I bought a Sierra Blue iPhone 13 Pro with a whole bunch of covers and accessories so I can keep work stuff on my work device, and private stuff on my private device.

High five, 13P is a great phone, marked my switch back to iOS last fall too

I decided to abandon PC gaming and go back to consoles:

Also paired it with an 55in C1, quite an upgrade to my 9 year old Samsung TV:

And finally, to invite more shop shaming, bought some replacement footwell lights in the best color:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

And finally, to invite more shop shaming, bought some replacement footwell lights in the best color:

You're drat right I'm going to shop shame this. Why the gently caress would you not get addressable rgbs? Yes yes I want boring blue when I could have a rainbow pattern. You should feel ashamed of yourself.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Well that’s sort of tempting…where do you get that sort of thing?

The Postman
May 12, 2007

The shameful thing is the lack of Elden Ring in your stack of games! (Horizon and Ghost of Tsushima are great. Have fun!)

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Duck and Cover posted:

You're drat right I'm going to shop shame this. Why the gently caress would you not get addressable rgbs? Yes yes I want boring blue when I could have a rainbow pattern. You should feel ashamed of yourself.

As cool as that would be, the last time I had ambient lighting in a car (a Fiesta, somehow), I literally kept it one color the entire 4 years I drove it. I intend to do the exact same here!

Subjunctive posted:

Well that’s sort of tempting…where do you get that sort of thing?

Abstract Ocean is a great aftermarket Tesla supplier. They’re straight replacements for the oem bulbs. Literally just pop them out with a spudge tool, unplug, plug in new ones, pop back into place. I didn’t post but I bought some brighter trunk bulbs from them too, also an easy replacement

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

You really need an appropriately sized tv stand. This is a huge male living space vibe. And yes I'm bitter shop shaming you because Sony still hasn't called my number in the PS5 queue.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Bottom Liner posted:

You really need an appropriately sized tv stand. This is a huge male living space vibe. And yes I'm bitter shop shaming you because Sony still hasn't called my number in the PS5 queue.

The Brimnes TV bench from IKEA is a good option. The drawers can hold a ton of DVDs and it doesn't look too cheap or tacky.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Bottom Liner posted:

I’ve been thinking about a new one forever. The current one is old enough to have housed my childhood PS1

cyberia posted:

The Brimnes TV bench from IKEA is a good option. The drawers can hold a ton of DVDs and it doesn't look too cheap or tacky.

That one definitely looks nice!

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Yeah seconding IKEA. My TV stand is just a single minimalist shelf and it looks so much better than the style everyone used 10 years ago. It’s also held up for 7 years now.

2000’s era stands were god awful looking.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

IKEA has a webpage where you can customize the besta cabinet systems with parts at ikea and it spits out an items list and cost for you. That’s how we designed ours.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

My LG C1 sits proudly atop an Ikea STOCKHOLM

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/hemnes-tv-unit-black-brown-light-brown-10452303/

we have this one, which is all solid pine and way sturdier than the MDF ones they sell. Smells good too.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Bottom Liner posted:

we have this one, which is all solid pine and way sturdier than the MDF ones they sell. Smells good too.

Oh hell that one matches my desk perfectly. Hmmm.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

We got one of those in the “good” SKU some time back with actual wood in it and whatnot and it’s a decent piece of furniture. Helped a good bit by it being in the bent n dent discount section as well.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Bottom Liner posted:

I have a two drawer version of this that is very nice (and apparently they no longer sell), but my PS5 doesn't really fit in the nooks.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

We use a midcentury stereo console. Very cool, but they do lack the storage of modern options. OTOH, you can gut them and put all your modern electrics in place of the old stuff, which I haven't done yet but keep telling myself I will someday.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I’ve wanted a Teenage Engineering OP-1 for ages but I don’t play much music anymore and I can’t really justify dropping a grand on a toy. That being said, I’ve been getting back into using my PC so I picked up a fresh set of keycaps for my Keychron K4 to emulate the aesthetic.

Probably going to to mix and match with the stock keycaps and some more colorful/custom caps down the line. The hardest part will be giving the chassis a white paint job to match.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Spiles:

Tubing:

And a couple buckets:

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

DrBouvenstein posted:

Spiles:

Tubing:

And a couple buckets:

That's a lot of enemas

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Slimy Hog posted:

That's a lot of enemas

Oh, I also got some Tees to combine them all together:

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Didn't know enemas had multiplayer adaptors.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

DrBouvenstein posted:

Spiles:

Tubing:

And a couple buckets:

Harvesting adrenochrome I see.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I'm going to go out on a limb :dadjoke: and guess maple syrup

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

ReidRansom posted:

I'm going to go out on a limb :dadjoke: and guess maple syrup

Yes!

First time I'm tapping my gigantic silver maple, which I know doesn't give as GOOD as syrup as a sugar maple, but still should produce a decent enough product.

It's almost 5' in diameter, so I should easily be able to get three taps into it, then a T connector to send them all into one bucket.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

IKEA has a webpage where you can customize the besta cabinet systems with parts at ikea and it spits out an items list and cost for you. That’s how we designed ours.

Is that a picture framed or that really expensive picture frame tv ?

Can’t tell anymore what’s art and what is a tv these days

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

Blue On Blue posted:

Is that a picture framed or that really expensive picture frame tv ?

Can’t tell anymore what’s art and what is a tv these days

It’s the Samsung frame tv. 55” 4k for $1000 isn’t absurdly expensive but there are better tvs out there. I just like how it looks with the decor.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

It’s the Samsung frame tv. 55” 4k for $1000 isn’t absurdly expensive but there are better tvs out there. I just like how it looks with the decor.

Oh cool, I thought it was like $10k for the TV, but might be a different one

Either way looks great.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

DrBouvenstein posted:

Yes!

First time I'm tapping my gigantic silver maple, which I know doesn't give as GOOD as syrup as a sugar maple, but still should produce a decent enough product.

It's almost 5' in diameter, so I should easily be able to get three taps into it, then a T connector to send them all into one bucket.

In a few months you'll be fully into the Sugar Shack business. You'll develop a Quebecois accent, and roll up maple syrup on popsicle sticks in the snow, and dance with a wooden marionette while accordion music plays.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

ravenkult posted:

Didn't know enemas had multiplayer adaptors.

Whoever doesn’t push hard enough loses.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Some cameras

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Pictured: that moment when your hobby turns into obsession, and your collection becomes hoarding.

Joking. I always like your posts in this thread ;). Is it for parts ? Or for repairing and reselling ?

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

A friend got me an EXTREMELY cool gift and I’m a huge dork and can’t stop showing it to everyone.

It’s called the Caliputer, patented 1959 and this bad boy is a 4” vernier caliper, depth gauge, and slide rules with regular tables, lathe diameter surface speed scale for turning, circumference scale, and squares and square roots scales.

It’s super rad and I love mechanical computers:

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Repair and resell, point and shoot cameras are pretty popular at the moment so I import stuff from Japan to pay for the hobby.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Sell me one, I have plenty of shelf space for more p&s’s

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

NewFatMike posted:

We went to the loving moon on one of those things.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

NewFatMike posted:

A friend got me an EXTREMELY cool gift and I’m a huge dork and can’t stop showing it to everyone.

It’s called the Caliputer, patented 1959 and this bad boy is a 4” vernier caliper, depth gauge, and slide rules with regular tables, lathe diameter surface speed scale for turning, circumference scale, and squares and square roots scales.

I also love this poo poo cause they're really ingenious for the time. I have a small slide rule (that I never use...) cause it's just neat. I should get a bigger/better one and actually use it. But honestly, right now the time when I need one is literally never, I'm a PowerPoint engineer for the foreseeable future.

Went and got a Pamela's new workout. Was able to get some good sounds out of what I have in the rack right now, but not much by way of control, just a single clock, so wanted something that could do a lot more sequencing across modules. And Pam's is probably the second moth prolific module behind Maths, so it's gotta be pretty good right

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

OniPanda posted:

I also love this poo poo cause they're really ingenious for the time. I have a small slide rule (that I never use...) cause it's just neat. I should get a bigger/better one and actually use it. But honestly, right now the time when I need one is literally never, I'm a PowerPoint engineer for the foreseeable future.

Went and got a Pamela's new workout. Was able to get some good sounds out of what I have in the rack right now, but not much by way of control, just a single clock, so wanted something that could do a lot more sequencing across modules. And Pam's is probably the second moth prolific module behind Maths, so it's gotta be pretty good right

I am watching a video on this module, and drat...it's pretty complicated.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

I’ve been getting very tired of batteries, so I’m starting to include and make more dial and analog devices in my shop. Mechanical computing is neat, and I wish I had more of it growing up because I think I might have actually gone into engineering instead of falling into it :v:

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Wanted to make bleeps and bloops without my phone so I picked up my first Pocket Operater, the PO-16. Still wish I had an OP-1 but life is full of unfulfilled dreams.

And I haven’t bought this yet but I put a deposit down for a fully loaded Hyundai Venue, my first car that wasn’t built before the Obama administration!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
The pocket operators are a gateway to the OP-1.

You’ve been warned.