Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Goddamnit the Booksmith is down the road, is Carol his wife?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Sandwolf posted:

Goddamnit the Booksmith is down the road, is Carol his wife?

I believe so

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

gonna need to buy a ticket if you wanna see the 30 Under 30 Media Luminary,

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

The Modern Leper posted:

https://twitter.com/stereogum/status/1496847573369434114

No lie, despite the Eurovision stuff, I'd very much Montaigne as some type of SoundCloud/Etsy-level musician that the brothers had come across. Good for Montaigne!

Aw, good for her. I love that David Byrne seems to make a point of doing collaborative work. Post Talking-Heads he's got a pretty insane catalog of guest appearances that's worth checking out if ya like his album work.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Travis is playing Stardew Valley for the first time and he's streaming it with griffin on YouTube if anyone is into that.

Sankis fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Feb 25, 2022

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
I'm glad Griffin is involved. When it popped up, my first reaction was "Dang, Travis... Can't even wait for your brother to finish his video game thing before you jump in with your own video game thing?!" and I'm someone who (despite his Travis-ness) likes Travis.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

I think hes been streaming it on twitch prior to this. The Youtube stream might have just been because its McElroy(tm) Content now since there's two brothers.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Not a fan that we have another smug aloof adventure zone big bad who's annoying in the exact same way as the previous adventure zone baddies.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I think they're A big bad, but I don't think they're THE big bad

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Shinjobi posted:

I think they're A big bad, but I don't think they're THE big bad

They smile

"So I'm not big or bad enough, maybe it's because your kind is so small"

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

maybe i tuned out or fell asleep but i don't remember the ending of the last episode who are you talking about

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Live show starting now.

Squeeze the beef.

Zero One fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Feb 27, 2022

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Sankis posted:

maybe i tuned out or fell asleep but i don't remember the ending of the last episode who are you talking about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32AOrIyONgA

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Wow Travis

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

I was thinking earlier, we’re a bit over due for some McElroy foot in the mouth drama. When was the last time they had to do an apology tweet for some mild slight against the community? It’s been several months as best I can recall.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

oh no what happened

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Nothing, that’s my point. Travis hasn’t done anything notably outside of base cringe levels, no jokes that could be construed as against specific groups, no stiffing of artists/interns or whatever. They’re losing their edge.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Sankis posted:

oh no what happened

they were all rigged up to fly off the stage but then griffin's shoe came off and hit a child in the face

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Cooper is the prank master.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

how was the live show?

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Sankis posted:

how was the live show?

Let this screen capture be your guide:

https://twitter.com/zerosgirl01/status/1497776843855843333?s=21

Sawbones was good too. Everything you never wanted to know about a guy's hot meat juice.

Zero One fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Feb 27, 2022

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Some good star wars chat on mbmbam today

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

On Griffin's Guy Fieri LTTP stream today he didn't exactly say they were gonna do an Elden Ring monster factory, but he maybe kinda implied it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIctrJH1DW4&t=600s

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
They’re gonna do one. The call of the from software character creator is too strong to resist

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Colonel Whitey posted:

They’re gonna do one. The call of the from software character creator is too strong to resist

It is exceedingly easy to make a hosed up little monster man in the game even on accident

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

change my name posted:

It is exceedingly easy to make a hosed up little monster man in the game even on accident

The challenge is not in making a monster. The challenge is making new jokes with the same material that they've used 3 dozen times before. (Who is excited for MBMBAM Episode 600?)

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
The games are just prompts for jokes, it’s a comedians job to make new jokes with similar prompts. They almost never just go “wow he looks pretty hosed up, huh” they create a whole character out of the monsters they create. The series has life in it as long as they still have life as comedians. If they’re bored of it, that’s another story but it could go on forever with new bits if they were motivated to do it.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

change my name posted:

https://twitter.com/PsiHypo/status/1403406303792406533?t=cxgOQNxqlmHfaCzq_mJDxQ&s=19

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Lmao

Warbird
May 23, 2012

What was that little green dude Griffin voiced that was a guide to the Internet or whatever?

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

Warbird posted:

What was that little green dude Griffin voiced that was a guide to the Internet or whatever?

Shmorby?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lypo5pMkbgc

Warbird
May 23, 2012

That’d be it, thank you.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Clint gets put on blast today

It is fantastic

Edit: oh my god these dumb motherfuckers

Shinjobi fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Mar 3, 2022

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Travis "Can I please make a Diplomacy check mid-combat' McElroy

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Justin "I am The Adventure Zone, thanks dad" McElroy

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Froghammer posted:

Travis "Can I please make a Diplomacy check mid-combat' McElroy

Near enough every single combat they ever have Travis is always trying to do off the wall poo poo.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Off the wall poo poo is good. Folks complain about combat episodes so may as well keep it interesting.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Warbird posted:

Off the wall poo poo is good. Folks complain about combat episodes so may as well keep it interesting.
Off the wall poo poo is fine. "Can my character make completely absurd requests of everyone around me every episode and also I have a plus bajillion to Persuasion" is a problem if it keeps happening.

Honestly I would have pushed back harder when Devo was flabbergasted that he wasn't allowed to talk to the god-submarine even though he asked super politely.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
https://twitter.com/JustinMcElroy/status/1499197038344421378?s=20&t=vP-b8Qrk-lPo_oGtI1mn0g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Warbird posted:

Yeah, if you don't like off-the-wall poo poo in combat on a D&D podcast, go back and listen to Mission: Imp Hospital and come back to me