Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

mycophobia posted:

we did it bros.

1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2. Axelay (Normal 1CC)
3. Ninja Ryukenden III: Yomi no Hakobune (1CC)
4. Metroid Prime (63%, 6:49)
5. Tetris the Absolute: The Grand Master 2 PLUS - Master mode Gm (Green line) - video

Easily my proudest gaming achievement.

Goongrats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
congrats, tgm is a motherfucker

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Big congrats, myco. Real Imp Zone pioneer poo poo.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mycophobia posted:

we did it bros.

2. Axelay (Normal 1CC)
5. Tetris the Absolute: The Grand Master 2 PLUS - Master mode Gm (Green line) - video

god drat

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Love to finally see it

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

mycophobia posted:

we did it bros.

2. Axelay (Normal 1CC)

:toot:

Well done

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mycophobia posted:

we did it bros.

2. Axelay (Normal 1CC)

Hell yeah dude

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

gently caress yeah dude

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mycophobia posted:

we did it bros.

2. Axelay (Normal 1CC)

Congrats, that's incredible

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Plebian Parasite posted:

* First Penguin

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Frenz posted:

Goongrats

ArfJason posted:

congrats, tgm is a motherfucker

Plebian Parasite posted:

P-Mack posted:

Love to finally see it

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Hell yeah dude

Fungah! posted:

gently caress yeah dude

In Training posted:

Congrats, that's incredible

thx yall

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

mycophobia posted:

we did it bros.

2. Axelay (Normal 1CC)

Congrats dude. That's awesome.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

super monkey ball banana mania

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

mycophobia posted:

we did it bros.

2. Axelay (Normal 1CC)

that's some powerful tetris playing, congrats

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

mycophobia posted:

we did it bros.

2. Axelay (Normal 1CC)

amazing job

Fungah! posted:

super monkey ball banana mania

shut the gently caress up

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
Nice work

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

elf help book posted:

amazing job

lmao

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

elf help book posted:

amazing job

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

elf help book posted:

amazing job

lol

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
congrats myco, that's insane

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

1. Returnal (True ending):
2. Katamari Damacy:
3. The Last of Us 2:
4. Demon Souls Remake: This was a replay so not gonna write up a review of it again. It has grown on me a lot though both in the time since I first played it and again now. I think compared to any other souls game it has its own more distinct identity, as much as Bloodborne does. Definitely see replays of this in the future which I don’t see for other souls games. 3 used to be my go to replayable soulsborne game but I think that will be ER now other than this.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Quote is not edit :negative:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

elf help book posted:

amazing job

Lmgao i was gonna make the smae post

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

amazing job

Lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

elf help book posted:

amazing job

lmao

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

mycophobia posted:

we did it bros.

2. Axelay (Normal 1CC)

Dang.

elf help book posted:

amazing job

Lol.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Demon Souls is highly based.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Yeah it’s great. I think it suffers from weak bosses and I think all of the final stage bosses are gimmicks. That said I think generally each subsequent souls game makes the previous bosses look weak by comparison. And vibes wise stuff like Storm Ruler is much more notable than the other games chump bosses

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The dragon breath attack that tanks the original release fps.to the single digits was so awesome.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Lol

I also like the effects of tendency but the mechanics of it are pretty bad. Can be infinitely lowered just by dying once in body form and only raised by killing three bosses. So if you kept body form after each boss and died you’d lose it all lol

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

In Training posted:

The dragon breath attack that tanks the original release fps.to the single digits was so awesome.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

EmmyOk posted:

Lol

I also like the effects of tendency but the mechanics of it are pretty bad. Can be infinitely lowered just by dying once in body form and only raised by killing three bosses. So if you kept body form after each boss and died you’d lose it all lol

you can cheese it by just dying in the nexus between each boss, which is nice but kind of defeats the purpose. The online world tendency was a cool idea, modern fromsoft would probably have had more active event rotations than just pegging it to pure white for 7 months

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

In Training posted:

you can cheese it by just dying in the nexus between each boss, which is nice but kind of defeats the purpose. The online world tendency was a cool idea, modern fromsoft would probably have had more active event rotations than just pegging it to pure white for 7 months

Yeah that sucks though lol as the reward for beating a boss is actually a massive downside. So first time through o always committed suicide in the nexus to control my tendency and forced use of the cling ring. Especially when all the good stuff only exists at maximum tendency. It’s a cool idea but having black tendency being unlimited and white totally limited was stupid. Also that it gets harder as you died more in body form doesn’t really make sense

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

EmmyOk posted:

Yeah that sucks though lol as the reward for beating a boss is actually a massive downside. So first time through o always committed suicide in the nexus to control my tendency and forced use of the cling ring. Especially when all the good stuff only exists at maximum tendency. It’s a cool idea but having black tendency being unlimited and white totally limited was stupid. Also that it gets harder as you died more in body form doesn’t really make sense

what do you mean by unlimited? isn't it just a -3 to +3 scale or am I misremembering. my most memorable demons soul char was immediately going to pure black to fight the 4-1 npc ghost for the self bleeding katana...godly feeling when I managed to off them after a few tries while plinking away for like 15 damage a swing of starting equipment

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

In Training posted:

what do you mean by unlimited? isn't it just a -3 to +3 scale or am I misremembering. my most memorable demons soul char was immediately going to pure black to fight the 4-1 npc ghost for the self bleeding katana...godly feeling when I managed to off them after a few tries while plinking away for like 15 damage a swing of starting equipment

Effectively it is yeah but it gets harder or easier the higher your black or white tendency.

I mean unlimited in that white tendency can only be raised three times by killing the three area bosses. You can get away with one body form death before clearing the third boss as killing a boss is +45% and dying in body form is -30%.

However you can die as many times as you like in body form in an area. So the mechanic for getting blacker tendency is infinite but white can only be raised three times and really one death makes it impossible to be to get pure white and all the goodies are at pure white. Whereas tou can’t lock yourself out of pure black.

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Just Cause 4. Much better ending than I remember 3s being, but I don't feel like the "Army of Chaos" mechanic added much to this game.

Amazing engine though. Puts other open world games to shame

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Yeah I'm playing DeS remake right now and always killing yourself after a boss is such a bizarre but necessary ritual if you want the Stuff. At least it's possible to work around it, but still...

Great game otherwise

Anyway, I'm here for

Castlevania: Vampire's Kiss

You might remember that I posted about playing this right in my Aria post. Well, it took me until now to beat this pos. The game is absolutely infuriating. Every screen seems to be designed to gently caress you over unless you intuit what the designers wanted. It could be a fun puzzle if it wasn't so mean-spirited about it, with one mistake often costing you a death or a loop around the stage as you fell somewhere. And Richter moves so slow and it feels so clunky that replaying stuff isn't fun.

I was stuck for many sessions at the sixth (penultimate) stage which has a truly stupid screen with falling platforms and infinitely spawning bats which you have to be, again, perfect at whipping out of the air or you die. You loop around the room to a higher platform and there's a dude protecting it I still have zero clue how they expected me to get past. I did it sometimes by sheer luck then died to some bullshit later.

The key to this was realizing you can skip the whole room by jumping up the first set of platforms quickly.

Anyway despite my misgivings, it felt great to conquer this, and I never used save states except at the start of each stage to save inputting the password each time. I even made sure to game over first so I started each stage blank.

Do I recommend checking this out? Hell no. It sucks. If you're into lolling at all the gotcha poo poo, it might be worth it, and you'll get some cool bossfights too. Not Dracula tho he was boring as poo poo

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
I just realized there's a good ending involving some bullshit and stages I missed so I didn't actually conquer poo poo. gently caress

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Elden ring
10/10 going to keep going and find more bosses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

mbt posted:

Elden ring
10/10 going to keep going and find more bosses

what the gently caress. do you have a time machine? i'm still in loving limgrave, lol