Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
In my mad quest to get as many lost grace spots as I can as well as all the map locations visible I'm hitting a literal wall.

How the gently caress do you explore the left half of Mt. Galgim? And the southern portion?

The part in yellow I can't find any way in, and aside from having to go through the castle entrance every direction is either a lethal drop or a sheer cliff face. I've seen mentioned of invisible platforms but haven't found any yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
Oh, there's an Astel refight in a tiny room, alright then.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

RBA Starblade posted:

Lmao what the gently caress

Turns out both From and Microsoft do some poo poo rear end coding. Only through their powers combined can such an amazing bug manifest.

Also as per the latest update to the reddit post, the newest version of the Xbox app lets you just install games normally instead of being weird mounted drives and also convert existing installs to regular folders. A bit late for me since I already uninstalled everything, but it's not like I need any other games at the moment.

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
internet internet lama sabacthani
Found a mine in Liurnia, but it starts with a sheer drop covered in bloodstains so I assume I’m missing something or there’s another way in. Am I off base? Underleveled for the area but I’ll do anything for sweet stones

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Flytrap posted:

You also get the classic Lightning spells.

the lightning spear has become my best friend, the flinch on it is crazy

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Orv posted:

Oh, there's an Astel refight in a tiny room, alright then.

Lmao, what

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

It’s smaller than the first fight yes but not that tiny of a room. Perhaps nothing phases me now that my mimic and I are basically bullet hell bosses

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Just got a thing to level special ashes to 10 but I can only get to 3 right now so no souped up special ashes for me

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

I've been playing a bunch and now I have some questions to fully grasp the mechanics of the game. Googling isn't getting me the right things.
1) Underneath the stamina bar, there's a red square with an up arrow, a cylinder with an up arrow, and another red square with a down arrow. I've eaten no food. What are these?

2) There was a sorcerer here but now he's gone, and when I'm in this room there's this symbol on the left of my screen. Is that telling me this guy has gone to the roundtable?

3) I have questions about FP cost. On my currently equipped weapon I have the Blood Slash ash of war, and FP cost reads: 6(- -). With Square off it reads -(6 8). And with Wild Strikes it reads 2(10 15). What is going on with these numbers. I figured since blood slash only has one attack it only has one number, but why is it written so strangely with the brackets and hyphens. And then what is going on with Wild Strike.

4) Weapon quality affinities: Attack power is listed as, for example, 77 + 18 at Standard. Is that base damage + the amount added by attribute scaling, for a grand total of 95 "attack power" (is that the same as damage)? Going from Standard to Heavy changes the attack power to 71 + 29... so the new total is 100 attack power, right? Or am I reading that wrong. If I'm right, I guess going from Standard to Heavy lowers the starting attack power value?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Flytrap posted:

You also get the classic Lightning spells.

like two, as far as I can tell

both at the end of the faith stat pump

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Also I got invaded during stage 2 of a boss fight and died

doctor iono
May 19, 2005

I LARVA YOU

omg chael crash posted:

Anyone have thoughts on the Grafted Sword? Seems fun but that fucker is heavy

upgraded it to max, and it's pretty great for zone trash. late-game bosses have really tiny windows that don't favor slow weapons tho, imo, and the roll attack's range is really short. sooo a great secondary weapon, but i ended up beating the game with the regular ol greatsword.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Hmm I can't loot gravewort in catacombs anymore. I'm not maxed out, what's up with that

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

stratdax posted:

I've been playing a bunch and now I have some questions to fully grasp the mechanics of the game. Googling isn't getting me the right things.
1) Underneath the stamina bar, there's a red square with an up arrow, a cylinder with an up arrow, and another red square with a down arrow. I've eaten no food. What are these?

2) There was a sorcerer here but now he's gone, and when I'm in this room there's this symbol on the left of my screen. Is that telling me this guy has gone to the roundtable?

3) I have questions about FP cost. On my currently equipped weapon I have the Blood Slash ash of war, and FP cost reads: 6(- -). With Square off it reads -(6 8). And with Wild Strikes it reads 2(10 15). What is going on with these numbers. I figured since blood slash only has one attack it only has one number, but why is it written so strangely with the brackets and hyphens. And then what is going on with Wild Strike.

4) Weapon quality affinities: Attack power is listed as, for example, 77 + 18 at Standard. Is that base damage + the amount added by attribute scaling, for a grand total of 95 "attack power" (is that the same as damage)? Going from Standard to Heavy changes the attack power to 71 + 29... so the new total is 100 attack power, right? Or am I reading that wrong. If I'm right, I guess going from Standard to Heavy lowers the starting attack power value?

The first number in the parenthesis is what you pay for presing the button, the second is what you pay for continuing the combo with another l2/r2, or holding the l2, depending on the weapon.

The first number outside of the parenthesis is what you pay for tapping the button at all.

This is all based on trying the goddamn skills instead of spending my time asking others because I understand basics like looking at a number. Pressing a button, then looking at a number again.

It's no wonder people think this game series is hard to understand.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Running around with a massive halberd bulldozing everything I find and pretending I’m Dynasty Warriors Lu Bu was not what I expected going into a From Software game but I can’t say I don’t love it.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

And yes, 100 physical is less than 102 physical no matter how the plusses add up. Why you would imagine it works different is a mystery.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I feel like I don't get a lot of summon signs at the summon pool thingies... Like I'm sitting here waiting for one to spawn for several minutes.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

satanic splash-back posted:

This is all based on trying the goddamn skills instead of spending my time asking others because I understand basics like looking at a number. Pressing a button, then looking at a number again.

And responses like this are why the souls series has a reputation for lovely snobby fans

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Holy poo poo, just got a new weapon type: Ballista. Jar Cannon. gently caress me, need 34 strength to use... but it's a fuckin cannon for your arm!!!! I wish I could use this

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

King Bahamut posted:

Found a mine in Liurnia, but it starts with a sheer drop covered in bloodstains so I assume I’m missing something or there’s another way in. Am I off base? Underleveled for the area but I’ll do anything for sweet stones

No lever to call an elevator?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
I found Miriam. she sucks.

The first number in the parenthesis is what you pay for presing the button, the second is what you pay for continuing the combo with another l2/r2, or holding the l2, depending on the weapon.

The first number outside of the parenthesis is what you pay for tapping the button at all.

you also suck, lmao

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Inzombiac posted:

So I got to Three Sisters and no one is in the one unlocked tower and the hidden basement doesn't have anything for me to do. I assume the hidden puppet is for some quest.

Anyone know what gives?

It's part of Ranni's quest line. that secret basement and the NPC attached to it is creepy as hell, and not in the fun way.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

JBP posted:

Whoa what lol

okay so i guess it’s the heart of a volcano? Then you make your way through a big platforming section covered in sad messages and bloodstains and now I’m in an area of the map which I thought was outside the bounds of the playable area.

To get there more specifically, go down to the very bottom of the crystal mines near the academy, and there is this enemy who looks sort of like an Iron Maiden. If they grab you and stick you inside then you will be killed and respawn in the middle of said volcano.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

there's too much game and not enough hours in the day

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Gamerofthegame posted:

it's telling that the entire stage is built with the expectation you're going to be running the hell away from her

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Oh so there’s a sequel cave with the instadeath carts. With lava.

I think I made it to the end tho but it took many tries. After it’s REQUIRED to land on a tiny platform.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
So... uhh... do you need to go around and encounter every npc and do as many quests as possible before doing the demigods or any bosses that change the game world state? Cause I know if you do some big bosses it can mess up npcs.

I have a strong urge to restart but 40 hours... ugh.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

vandalism posted:

So... uhh... do you need to go around and encounter every npc and do as many quests as possible before doing the demigods or any bosses that change the game world state? Cause I know if you do some big bosses it can mess up npcs.

I have a strong urge to restart but 40 hours... ugh.

Yes.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Vintersorg posted:

Oh so there’s a sequel cave with the instadeath carts. With lava.

I think I made it to the end tho but it took many tries. After it’s REQUIRED to land on a tiny platform.

Haha i haven't found the lava one which means there's at least three!

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

And yes, 100 physical is less than 102 physical no matter how the plusses add up. Why you would imagine it works different is a mystery.

A red spirit has invaded the thread!

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

What the gently caress is your problem. You could just not have answered. I dunno, the first number might have been the total damage and the second is how much is being added by my stat, that's why I asked, shithead!
But I guess I'm just not as smart as you.
:thumbsup:

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

RatHat posted:

What does Dragonbolt blessing even do? It says it makes attacks easier to deflect, does that mean parries?
there's a separate mechanic called 'deflection', which governs when attacks bounce off shields or enemies. at least that's what people called it in prior games

for instance, greatshields have higher deflection, which makes more enemy attacks bounce off, making them recoil and ending their attack string. the barricade skill also boosts deflection.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Christ, it was quite the loving gauntlet to get to the first rune

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Hahaha I just first no-hitted a boss? Wonder if I broke the AI or something or just a polite boss. Ulcerated Pulsating Tree Rot thing, gnarliest boss tree boss so far. Except I just hugged it's right side with the horse and chipped away with my blood-dagger and got him down without being hit. He had a few big attacks but somehow I literally just didn't get touched. By the end I was jus twaiting for the stamina to refill to chop him some more.

Does anything in this game lose it's dang tail?!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Haha i haven't found the lava one which means there's at least three!

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Mar 3, 2022

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
If anyone else knows the general area where Rykard is located and has spent over an hour circling around trying to look for ways to get there, there's an illusory wall in the Volcano Manor. Lot of time wasted but at least that entire zone has been picked clean now.

Bruce Boxlicker
Jul 26, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm all the way to the last encounter and whoo nelly... I think I'm gunna have to go clear all the golden seeds because what a slog.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Gamerofthegame posted:

She's awful, but the last part of her first encounter can be dealt with by dropping down on her from the rafters. I dunno how to deal with her second encounter because she walked off a ledge to her death, thank god.

lol, what on earth is wrong with you.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

I am wondering though if there are npcs that change even in the later zones. Like what happens to npcs in the higher level areas based on what happens in limgrave? I guess probably nobody knows enough yet. I used a check list to play ds3 and that had about 800 items. This would probably have about 2,000 I bet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

For as many ashes as you get it's a shame you can't just play Pokemon and fart out as many as possible lol

I got like five in the last hour