Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Whiskey comes in a bottle pretty much anyone can open, what the gently caress gives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Some of the child-proof packaging doesn't even seem all that child-proof in my experience.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

bagmonkey posted:

It's literally every piece of weed packaging too! I loving hate edibles especially

its ridiculous. also carts, there are some brands that have a cart inside a plastic tube inside a carboard box that slides out of another cardboard box, sometimes with that glossy "high quality" cardboard like its an apple product. just give me the loving cart itself please!

bagmonkey posted:

Whiskey comes in a bottle pretty much anyone can open, what the gently caress gives

even tylenol comes in less complicated packaging than weed, and that stuff can easily kill a kid (or adult)

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Mar 2, 2022

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I have so many small glass jars that I'm worried about throwing away since I live in a state where this aint exactly legal (but next to two where it is) and I live in a townhome with a shared dumpster.

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"I don't have a "make better posts" spell, you're on your own."

Sunk Dunk posted:

emergency: i am out of weed and i last bought an ounce on feb 19

do i have a problem??

I think I've bought like 2 ounces over my entire life

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Vlaphor posted:

I have so many small glass jars that I'm worried about throwing away since I live in a state where this aint exactly legal (but next to two where it is) and I live in a townhome with a shared dumpster.

I don't think anyone is smelling and fingerprinting all the dumpster jars

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Earwicker posted:

its ridiculous. also carts, there are some brands that have a cart inside a plastic tube inside a carboard box that slides out of another cardboard box, sometimes with that glossy "high quality" cardboard like its an apple product. just give me the loving cart itself please!

Jesus Christ loving this.

Bought a few pax pods since they were on sale and it's two boxes the size of a deck of cards. 510 carts add useless plastic tubes to mix. just give me a fuckin blister pack please

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Inspector Hound posted:

I don't think anyone is smelling and fingerprinting all the dumpster jars

You aren't wrong, it's just that usually when I think about throwing them away, it's usually when I go take out the rest of the trash, which could have receipts in it or other identifiable things.

I know I'm being paranoid about this, but it's sticking in the back of my mind. One day I'll remember to do it and I just toss them in a trash bag and throw them in someone elses dumpster.

You people in legal states are so lucky, never forget that. My nearest dispensary is a 4hr 30min drive away, each way...and that's to pay Illinois prices. If I want Colorado prices, that's twice as far away.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

The Velvet Witch posted:

I think I've bought like 2 ounces over my entire life

dont worry i bought another

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

bagmonkey posted:

Does the bong have an adapter for a downstem? If so, you need to figure out what size the downstem joint is and then get a downstem that accepts 14mm or 18mm bowls. I've used GrassCity for those parts before since my local head shops loving suck at keeping bong parts in stock

I looked at it again yesterday and it seems to just have one hole near to the base, and that's it apart from the hole you breathe through. It's just the glass bong, and holes. no adapter or metal bits. Looking a bit closer yesterday though, I noticed there was glass inside it. I can't really figure out if there's actually a hole in the glass anywhere that would explain the shards (it's so drat dirty) but maybe it was left outside for years, for a reason. I'll figure it out later.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Sunk Dunk posted:

emergency: i am out of weed and i last bought an ounce on feb 19

do i have a problem??

Nah. At my worst, I was a quarter oz a day flower average with concentrates mixed in for good measure. On days off from work around the peak, I'd smoke 10g of flower. I was basically never sober Now it's more like an oz of flower and 8-10g of concentrates a month.

You're fine, unless you feel like it's a problem. I definitely had a problem. Probably still do, to an extent, but pain management is what it is.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
I've been sceptical of the whole CBD thing since they really hit the local market a few years ago. Well I've been having the usual late 30s aches and back issues, and I have some long running RSI stuff. It's been pretty bad recently so on a whim I got a couple of packs of these "strong" CBD gummies from the shop.

I had half a gummy (the shop warned me they were strong, half is approx 25mg), and gently caress me if it didn't sort me right out. I've got more mobility rn than I've had in 3 months. Sleeping great too.

I really, honestly expected it to be bullshit like 95% of natural remedy stuff.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

ReelBigLizard posted:

I've been sceptical of the whole CBD thing since they really hit the local market a few years ago. Well I've been having the usual late 30s aches and back issues, and I have some long running RSI stuff. It's been pretty bad recently so on a whim I got a couple of packs of these "strong" CBD gummies from the shop.

I had half a gummy (the shop warned me they were strong, half is approx 25mg), and gently caress me if it didn't sort me right out. I've got more mobility rn than I've had in 3 months. Sleeping great too.

I really, honestly expected it to be bullshit like 95% of natural remedy stuff.

With the amount of health promises and poo poo like that they have come out over the past decade or so about CBD, I can't really blame you for being skeptical. If something is too good to be true, there's probably a reason! But CBD is a weird one where there ARE a lot of benefits, they just aren't very well understood yet because drug companies thought they couldn't monetize it (fun fact: they can! Finding specific formulations of CBD/CBN/CBG/etc that treat specific things could totally be a thing!)

However, I'll come back to one point which is our body has an endocannabinoid system and is built to interact with these compounds! Like 10ish years ago when I learned about the endocannabinoid system and how much it affects in your body, that was the "this poo poo isn't bad for me unless someone makes it bad for me" moment

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

bagmonkey posted:

However, I'll come back to one point which is our body has an endocannabinoid system and is built to interact with these compounds! Like 10ish years ago when I learned about the endocannabinoid system and how much it affects in your body, that was the "this poo poo isn't bad for me unless someone makes it bad for me" moment

you ever feel the gears in your head clicking and whirring in response to something you read

I've still been working the stigma out of myself and things like this really help, thank you.

A bowl of blackberry kush shake in my arizer this morning and I am doing fine. Not stoned, but on my poo poo.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

yea cbd is great at back pain. the reason its sketchy is because as soon as it became popular and legal a shitload of places selling fake cbd or some kind of super watered down extract popped up all over the place and there are all kinds of drinks, lotions, shampoos, soaps, etc that claim to have it (and do in some tiny amount that doesnt do anything) so you just have to make sure you are getting the real thing from an actual dispensary

also people do exagerrate. its not a wonder drug that cures every illness. its just really good at things like back pain and inflammation, and for some people anxiety. its great for plane rides

personally i wish it was easier to get actual cbd weed where i live or even carts, most places around here have it mainly in edible or balm form

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

CBD as its own thing is mostly just a product of prohibition. It helps a little with a few things, it can be extracted directly from legal hemp and it wasn't prohibited so it was something that the industry could push out there to build capacity (for the legalization of the real thing inevitably) and demonstrate to skeptical suburban moms that weed is safe and can be totally lame and non-threatening. But it's just a little glimmer of weed and I think most people who benefit from it would be better served by the medical stuff even if it's something with a high cbd:thc ratio that's still not recreational

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Code Jockey posted:

and cleaning vaped in glass is so easy

and cleaning gunk out of silicone tubing: fill tube with iso, squish and roll the gunky sections until stuff just... falls off and comes out

its just that easy people

Until the silicone rots, unfortunately. I don't buy silicone pieces any more

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

garbage man from a garbage can
Got a new toy.

sootikins
May 24, 2008

Did I ever. Remember it as if it were yesterday. Soon as I woke, I went to empty my bowels - my favorite part of the day. Defecatin' to the sunrise - downright glorious.

Frozen Peach posted:

Got a new toy.

Oooh nice. I like the cutout so you can see your bat/fix the spring easily. Very snazzy!

The wood sheath/brass bat is excellent, I'll never use another kind.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
My god. I have now discovered 1G cartridges for $25 apiece. My previous best was $30 a pop.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

The best thing about my job is the 50% off employee discount with the occasional 75% thrown in. We've got a new product launch next week and I'm waiting to find out if us corpos can do the sneak peak day or if it's retail only.

Frozen Peach
Aug 25, 2004

garbage man from a garbage can

Protocol7 posted:

My god. I have now discovered 1G cartridges for $25 apiece. My previous best was $30 a pop.

And here I just spent nearly $100 each for my 1g carts

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I ate some edibles last night that seemed to be at least 2 to 3 times stronger than the label stated, and now it’s the next day and I can’t move.

I actually think these edibles are fine, the ones I was eating before that weren’t getting me high simply contain way less delta 9 than they claim to, and my tolerance wasn’t as stupidly high as I thought.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Frozen Peach posted:

And here I just spent nearly $100 each for my 1g carts

And I just picked up 7 1g carts at $10 a piece 🤯

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
These $25 ones kinda taste like rear end, but I'm pretty fuckin' high. Either that or my brain's all out of oxygen, but my Apple Watch says my SpO2 is at 95%.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Protocol7 posted:

These $25 ones kinda taste like rear end, but I'm pretty fuckin' high. Either that or my brain's all out of oxygen, but my Apple Watch says my SpO2 is at 95%.

Distillate quality my friend! the 6/$100 med carts in MI are exactly as you described, while the 4/$100 carts taste great and don't make my taste buds/lungs/throat hurt

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
isn't that nice

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the cannabis i have been sold over the past 3 months in chocolate and ground plant form is terribly impotent. 27% THC My rear end...

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Some people just have gently caress all for an effect off edibles. Could be a gut issue, related to prescription medication, maybe something with the liver.

I have a friend that edibles just do nothing for, but he's on a pile of prescriptions and vape or smoke work fine. He took some 800mg of edibles, got nowhere. I took 100mg and it felt like any other brand I got.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Some people just have gently caress all for an effect off edibles. Could be a gut issue, related to prescription medication, maybe something with the liver.

I have a friend that edibles just do nothing for, but he's on a pile of prescriptions and vape or smoke work fine. He took some 800mg of edibles, got nowhere. I took 100mg and it felt like any other brand I got.

my relationship with edibles is complex. I basically need to pound a 100mg drink to get started (kicks in around an hour, then I start taking more), yet one good joint and I am thinking the walking path home looks Really loving Cool Right Now Holy poo poo

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

:stare:

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

what's with the life support :rolleye:

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Code Jockey posted:

my relationship with edibles is complex. I basically need to pound a 100mg drink to get started (kicks in around an hour, then I start taking more), yet one good joint and I am thinking the walking path home looks Really loving Cool Right Now Holy poo poo
I'm a little scared of smoking/vaping because of this. If I feel a 1.25 mg edible, one inhaled hit and I'd lose my goddamn mind (and not in a good way).

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Nah, you'll be fine playing with a one hitter.

ErrorInvalidUser posted:

what's with the life support :rolleye:

Dude is on a pile of stuff for blood pressure, gut issues, and other things. He used to be on something like 8 pills a day but I think he's down to 4 now. He didn't just slam 800mg initially either. Stepped his way up after consistently feeling nothing.

It happens, edibles just don't work for some people, for some reason.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Hirayuki posted:

I'm a little scared of smoking/vaping because of this. If I feel a 1.25 mg edible, one inhaled hit and I'd lose my goddamn mind (and not in a good way).

There are no laws saying you gotta fill a one hitter or bowl up all the way :)

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

bagmonkey posted:

There are no laws saying you gotta fill a one hitter or bowl up all the way :)
Yeah but when 1/4 of a one hitter = a good time but 1/2 = a Not Good Time, it’s not so fun.

Vape carts can be easier, ime. If you have a battery with actual power controls (I.e. not just a three-setting pen), you can set the voltage/power as low as it can go and still produce vapor, then take one-second “sips”. Repeat after 10 minutes if necessary.

But I find tincture is the champ of microdosing. In most cases you’re talking 0.5-0.8 mg/drop. For the store-bought tinctures I’ve seen at least.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Vape carts are easier but way more potent than a little flower in a one hitter.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I want share with you guys because I feel you guys have been here before. I was cleaning out my new bowl after takin a hoot off the bong and I accidentally blew the glass screen out of the bowl and into the garden. It's spring here. I don't really have a chance to find it and I'm sad because it was my favorite new bowl and the screen was custom fit to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Put a pebble in your bowl.