Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
A 2 mile parking lot in the middle of Times Square would be a better use of real estate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

lmao this is apparently wwe 2k22's main menu

stephanie on the main menu, instant no-buy

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Psychepath posted:

So this was definitely a mobile game at some point, right?

Explains the graphics

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So weren't those Undertaker pre-order bonus skins already in previous games?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPm8BgjOHKA

Full video of the character creation options. It looks like they just copied everything over from 2k20 and the menu is exactly the same as always, god this loving sucks.

They've literally been using the same crowd signs since the PS2 games

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

They basically got a year off of making these games, right? I mean, not a vacation but they skipped a year so they could retool things? If that's the case, it's just so mind-boggling how many things they seem to have left just as bad as they've always been.

Short of 2K going out of business and WWE having to find a new company to make their games, what could they possibly do to really improve these games at this point?

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Ganso Bomb posted:

They basically got a year off of making these games, right? I mean, not a vacation but they skipped a year so they could retool things? If that's the case, it's just so mind-boggling how many things they seem to have left just as bad as they've always been.

Short of 2K going out of business and WWE having to find a new company to make their games, what could they possibly do to really improve these games at this point?

WWE goes out of business.

This is mostly based on things I heard but can't confirm years ago that WWE exercises a lot of oversight on game elements to the point that allegedly Vince (or the WWE liason with THQ/Yukes) wanted CAW removed entirely.

For a slightly more serious answer I'd say completely scrap the engine and start anew even though that's not really feasible

Also didn't the WWE 2k18 menu setup look kind of like the 2k22 one? I'm not sure what the complaint is about it.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Ganso Bomb posted:

There were rumors a few weeks ago that the relationship with WWE and 2K is already falling apart so if 2k22 doesn't completely turn things around they may just dump 2K completely like they did Yukes

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Drakkel posted:

There were rumors a few weeks ago that the relationship with WWE and 2K is already falling apart so if 2k22 doesn't completely turn things around they may just dump 2K completely like they did Yukes

I bet they end up with EA if they dump 2K.

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

def jam: icon but reskinned to have roman reigns and john cena in it

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Icon was sorta good if you set the speed to 2x

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Which company would be the best fit for a CYN game?

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Gavok posted:

Puppet Combo

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

Gavok posted:

the wackos behind whatever the gently caress's going on at intellivision

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Gavok posted:

MDickie

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw3Y-V-PQxo

...annnd the move selection is exactly the same as before.

This game's gonna loving suck.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
There’s no post-release DLC is there?

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Drakkel posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw3Y-V-PQxo

...annnd the move selection is exactly the same as before.

This game's gonna loving suck.

Genuinely astonished at how bad some of those animations look. A bunch of them feel like the sell is slightly out of sync with the move, "Devlin Side 1" looks like they forgot to finish the animation on the guy performing the move, the sell job on "Forearm Smash 4" I legitimately thought was a glitch, and then you have the fun ones like "Single Leg Boston Crab 4" that appear to have no attributes and do no damage!

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

disaster pastor posted:

Genuinely astonished at how bad some of those animations look. A bunch of them feel like the sell is slightly out of sync with the move, "Devlin Side 1" looks like they forgot to finish the animation on the guy performing the move, the sell job on "Forearm Smash 4" I legitimately thought was a glitch, and then you have the fun ones like "Single Leg Boston Crab 4" that appear to have no attributes and do no damage!

I mentioned it a while back but one of the dumbest things about the move system in the WWE games is that they every move damages a specific body part, but sometimes it doesn't quite make sense why. Like you can have two powerbombs and one of them targets the head and one targets the back but the actual animation is virtually identical. On top of that, the character's movesets are always a complete mish-mash of moves targeting random limbs so there's no like, cohesive strategy to their moveset. You'd think it'd be logical that if your guy's finisher targets the Head they'd have a bunch of moves that do Head damage but nah!

The animations themselves are just a weird hodge-podge of moves cobbled together over years and years. Like yeah, some of the moves are gonna look like poo poo cause they've been using the same motion capture data for them for over a decade at this point, and some are hosed up cause they can't account for different body sizes, some are hosed up cause they just didn't bother getting motion capture of a woman doing the move and just awkwardly slapped the data from a male performer doing it, etc etc.

The thing this series needs more than anything else is to just start over from scratch. Throw out EVERYTHING. The yearly release schedule was already killing this franchise and it's looking more and more like even an extra 2/2.5 years isn't enough.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Ganso Bomb posted:

You have to get a second developer to work for like three years making a new WWE game from scratch, and then during the year that releases, Yuke's will have a second year to work on it again. Although that's too expensive if you're not Call of Duty. But if it's just being ruined by Vince like everything else WWE then even that won't help.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
that combo system looks loving awful, is everyone doing the same loving leg kick for some reason? Like Braun Strowman, noted master of the mma style leg kick

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/TheSDHotel/status/1500132334686937095?s=20&t=0okHrGNVbGGkHNEp-AfXwg

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:rubby:

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Create a Championship

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H94iT2TzVNw

Other than being able to copy one side plate to the other, Create a Championship hasn't been updated at all. One of things that cracked me up about 2K19 was despite added the UK and NXT North American titles to the game, they didn't put those words in the announcer call name selections. Looks like they still haven't added it.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

The only correct usage of "astonishingly" in news about a WWE game is "astonishingly it turned out good". When you fall backwards down a flight of stairs it's not "astonishing" that you broke a bone.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

The fact that the creation stuff is basically a direct copy and paste from 2k20 but with somehow less options than before probably says everything you need to know about how this game is gonna turn out

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Someone said to remove bugs and the only way was to cut features. Sad but true

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
This guy is streaming early, currently a Royal Rumble, and the animations are so fast and weightless it's actually kinda difficult to watch, like uncanny valley movement or something.

https://www.twitch.tv/loristhedogo

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Are Royal Rumble matches stilled locked to one arena for no discernable reason?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Psychepath posted:

This guy is streaming early, currently a Royal Rumble, and the animations are so fast and weightless it's actually kinda difficult to watch, like uncanny valley movement or something.

Yeah between this and the new camera angle it's incredibly hard to follow.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

Psychepath posted:

I see tag matches still always end in count out, they still pathetically bounce off when you try to toss them in if you are anywhere off center, and it looks like the AI just gave up and wandered off after that, losing even with the extremely drawn out last count.
FOR FUCKS SAKE

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

X JAKK posted:

I see tag matches still always end in count out, they still pathetically bounce off when you try to toss them in if you are anywhere off center, and it looks like the AI just gave up and wandered off after that, losing even with the extremely drawn out last count.
FOR FUCKS SAKE

IT HITS DIFFERENT

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I realize building a new engine maybe takes longer than 2-some years but did they really spend all this time just trying to make the HCTP code work again because LOL

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Here comes the pain,

more like

there goes the contract

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

https://twitter.com/TigerDriver9X/status/1500242830303846412?s=20&t=wDN4-L_RwyrTVloFyTikHw

Incredible, this cutscene is still broken after like four releases.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I can’t read German, does the announcer really say “oh gently caress“ and try and start again

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

Wow! Cena looks great!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Golden Bee posted:

I can’t read German, does the announcer really say “oh gently caress“ and try and start again

Not sure why you need to be able to read German when you can hear he's saying "Oh, look" in English (the German subtitle is just a literal but accurate translation of that "Oh, schau!")