Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the strongest bug?
This poll is closed.
Praying mantis 91 21.06%
🐜 71 16.44%
🦂 56 12.96%
🕷 46 10.65%
🦎 101 23.38%
Centipede 67 15.51%
Total: 432 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Kyiv Independent guy claiming guerrilla operations are happening behind Russian lines. The quality is so low it probably won't matter, but I would suggest not showing faces or vehicles when recording guerrilla attacks.

https://twitter.com/IAPonomarenko/status/1499457615016964098?s=20&t=F71dTMMtCwJXxJK1JzAAWQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Frosted Flake posted:

My CO was killed in a LAV rollover :shrug:

It seems like you really want to shrug off the accomplishments of the Ukranians. Odd.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

I guess this is like the super bowl but your team didn't make it so you're just like oh I like those colors that's who I'm cheering for

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth
I heard ukraine ended conscription but they may have a period of universal mandatory military service (which I guess makes handing out weapons a bit more effective?)

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Kwolok posted:

It seems like you really want to shrug off the accomplishments of the Ukranians. Odd.

do you want to see more recognition of their accomplishments? is that it?

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

oops, all nazis

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

MysteriousStranger posted:

I was a sailor spook, usaid contractor after, then ngo contractor. All over the place. I speak fluent French so you can do the rest in your head. I don't work in that field now and haven't for years. I've never hidden any of this.

holy moly

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

Lord of Pie posted:

many such cases

"come on our hot Nazi's aren't too bad"

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
lmao I looked at the last page of the D&D thread and immediately see a mod posting about how Putin is planning on invading a NATO country. Very smart. very normal.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
my favorite flag officer death is the idiot general who decided to test fly a captured mig and immediately crashed

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

MysteriousStranger posted:

I was a sailor spook, usaid contractor after, then ngo contractor. All over the place. I speak fluent French so you can do the rest in your head. I don't work in that field now and haven't for years. I've never hidden any of this.

Just hard lol if anyone believes this

I was also a super secret undercover commando too. I have seen some stuff guys. Let me give you the real dirt on whats going on in Ukraine right no-

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Frosted Flake posted:

My CO was killed in a LAV rollover :shrug:

Sorry for your loss.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

As Colbert noted, “There’s so much anticipation for this movie right now, that it’s actually being used as a cudgel against the Russians by not playing it there. It’s one of the sanctions being leveled against Russia that they don’t get this movie. Very powerful.”

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Thoguh posted:

lmao I looked at the last page of the D&D thread

Let me stop you there....

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

Thoguh posted:

lmao I looked at the last page of the D&D thread and immediately see a mod posting about how Putin is planning on invading a NATO country. Very smart. very normal.

stay away or you'll catch with libworms

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

the libs have finally found another book to read

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Is Ukraine trying to get China to invade too

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

https://twitter.com/200_zoka/status/1499453268115738629

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

wut.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

owning the russians by destroying your own stuff

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Kwolok posted:

I like armies that don’t get encircled. :smugdon:

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news

Fellatio del Toro posted:

*suddenly...every character from every know game, cartoon, comic, TV show, movie, and book reality come in bringing cake, snackage, drinks, and evidence for the war crime tribunal*

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
If you see something say something. Stop the spread of Russian communism.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
scuttled

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Atrocious Joe posted:

Kyiv Independent guy claiming guerrilla operations are happening behind Russian lines. The quality is so low it probably won't matter, but I would suggest not showing faces or vehicles when recording guerrilla attacks.

https://twitter.com/IAPonomarenko/status/1499457615016964098?s=20&t=F71dTMMtCwJXxJK1JzAAWQ

king poo poo, alright let's go

they better wrap this poo poo up if they wanna see the new batman movie

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

is sinking one's own battleship a customary east-european thing that my ignorant western rear end doesnt know about?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Ciprian Maricon posted:

hot take but I hate all the american presidents ive ever known anything about

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

drat. however else could they watch this movie if not in the theaters or on a foreign streaming service? the Russians will have to do without watching it at all.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

lmfao

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

ahh ok. I assume to prevent capture?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

They scuttled it so Russia won’t get it.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

The Alchemist posted:

is sinking one's own battleship a customary east-european thing that my ignorant western rear end doesnt know about?

I can’t tell if you’re joking

The Last Days of the High Seas Fleet: From Mutiny to Scapa Flow

On 21 June 1919 the ships of the German High Seas Fleet—interned at Scapa Flow since the Armistice—began to founder, taking their British custodians completely by surprise. In breach of agreed terms, the fleet dramatically scuttled itself in a well-planned operation that consigned nearly half a million tons, and 54 of 72 ships, to the bottom of the sheltered anchorage in a gesture of Wagnerian proportions. Using new material from German sources and a host of eye-witness testimonies, Nicholas Jellicoe meticulously reconstructs the circumstances of the scuttling itself and clearly lays out the aftermath for all parties involved.

In this detailed account Jellicoe presents much fresh material and analysis, not only telling the sequence of events, but also highlighting the turbulent final days of the German High Seas Fleet in the last months of the war…. This is an excellent historical narrative of the events leading up to the Great Scuttle, the terrible day itself and its aftermath, not least a look at how the world’s naval power was rebalanced between the wars

Frosted Flake has issued a correction as of 20:13 on Mar 3, 2022

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Yeah they sank it "on purpose" lol

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Ukrainian warship, this hurts me more than it hurts you

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Turncoats? There seems to be a lot of tweets about defections, although it's impossible to say how many are really happening.

Edit: Ah, scuttled. Of course

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Ukrainian ships, like Ukrainian soldiers, are BUILT DIFFERENT, as the kids say

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

ukranian warship, go gently caress yourself

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

That should do the trick!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Calibanibal posted:

Yeah they sank it "on purpose" lol

If only there was evidence of people sinking boats on purpose in order to prevent capture that we could use to inform our judgment of this event.