Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Twelve by Pies posted:

With the amount of times Ted Rall has gone on Fox News to be the token leftist saying that Republicans and right wingers are totally right about things, maybe he can apply for a full time job doing that.

Wait Rall has done the ol' Glenn Greenwald? Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Neo_Crimson posted:

Wait Rall has done the ol' Glenn Greenwald? Lmao

He's done it for years and years; he's also a syndicated columnist for places like Rasmussen.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Ted Rall will soon probably be going door-to-door trying to own the libs with his cartoons, just like Marilyn Manson.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Oh I just remembered, while I was out in no man's land earlier today flipping through radio stations, I came across a right wing show (no idea who the host was) who described a political cartoon he saw yesterday that hasn't been posted in this thread yet, and don't know if anyone's seen it yet. The description was that a Woke Man and a Normal Man are talking and they have a conversation like this:

Woke Man: I can't believe the pandemic the last two years was total BS.

Normal Man: I know, we've been trying to tell you the whole time.

Woke Man: You couldn't have known, they just said it on the news today.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Ted Rall's World of Densely Packed Hitlers

https://twitter.com/TedRall/status/1499513901834285057

Loving every minute.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

You're aaaalllll Hitlers! All of you! Every last one of you!!

Hitlers everywhere!!!

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

kartikeya posted:

What the hell is average non-Ukrainian rando who is upset by what's happening supposed to do?
Anything except contributing to an air of pointless xenophobia and/or homophobia, I guess? It's not exactly rocket surgery.

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

kartikeya posted:

The Lubchansky is irritating, because it's along the same lines as the endless post apocalyptic cartoons, or the vast majority of Rall's poo poo. Cool, alright, yes, those kinds of things are dumb and meaningless when it comes to actually helping Ukraine, but it devotes itself to mocking the people that do that kind of thing without acknowledging the reason why most people do it. What the hell is average non-Ukrainian rando who is upset by what's happening supposed to do? Most of us are completely powerless to affect anything.

Agreed, people really shouldn't make fun of freedom fries and liberty cabbage.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Stultus Maximus posted:

Ted Rall's World of Densely Packed Hitlers

https://twitter.com/TedRall/status/1499513901834285057

Loving every minute.

https://twitter.com/barrydeutsch/status/1024567665094930432

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem
Love to be an Actual America Leftist

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

A Country Happened

Twelve by Pies posted:

Woke Man: I can't believe the pandemic the last two years was total BS.

Normal Man: I know, we've been trying to tell you the whole time.

Woke Man: You couldn't have known, they just said it on the news today.

I saw this the other day as a facebook meme made with text drawn on the two guys from The Road To Eldorado. Sadly I can't get it again, as it was the last straw that made me finally unfriend this gradually antivax-radicalising person I'd spoken to like twice, so you're still on your own. There might be an actual cartoon, or the guy might have seen the lovely meme and mistaken it for a high-effort Gorrell or something

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

From the IoSM thread:

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Neito posted:

From the IoSM thread:

You can tell this is an old comic since the drone is a Predator and not a Reaper

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Would it be touching the poop to tweet that at Rall? Probably, huh.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Pussy Cartel posted:

Agreed, people really shouldn't make fun of freedom fries and liberty cabbage.

That's not what I wrote. I mean, I thought I was pretty clear on how loving stupid those things are.

Also kind of gross to compare people being upset about Ukraine to a bunch of top down chest thumping because France didn't want to help us invade Iraq.

Pilchenstein posted:

Anything except contributing to an air of pointless xenophobia and/or homophobia, I guess? It's not exactly rocket surgery.

I'm not sure how putting a Ukraine flag emoji in your twitter handle is either of those. But my question stands: ...such as? What is this 'anything' other than, as I said, watch the news and despair about how helpless you are. My point isn't that it's meaningful or helpful, my point is that people want to do something, can't do anything, and so they make performative gestures equivalent to waving a giant foam hand at a football game they're watching on television. My point is that it's easy to mock these folks, but these folks aren't the problem, the problem is we're all this helpless to begin with.

Also Russian forces are currently shelling the largest nuclear power plant in Europe and it's on fire now, so that's cool. This has nothing to do with the above except for the whole "watch the news and despair" thing. Yay. :ukraine:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

kartikeya posted:

That's not what I wrote. I mean, I thought I was pretty clear on how loving stupid those things are.

Also kind of gross to compare people being upset about Ukraine to a bunch of top down chest thumping because France didn't want to help us invade Iraq.

I'm not sure how putting a Ukraine flag emoji in your twitter handle is either of those. But my question stands: ...such as? What is this 'anything' other than, as I said, watch the news and despair about how helpless you are. My point isn't that it's meaningful or helpful, my point is that people want to do something, can't do anything, and so they make performative gestures equivalent to waving a giant foam hand at a football game they're watching on television. My point is that it's easy to mock these folks, but these folks aren't the problem, the problem is we're all this helpless to begin with.

Also Russian forces are currently shelling the largest nuclear power plant in Europe and it's on fire now, so that's cool. This has nothing to do with the above except for the whole "watch the news and despair" thing. Yay. :ukraine:

If you're aware that it's a pointless gesture, it doesn't seem like the comic is directed at you!

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

If you're aware that it's a pointless gesture, it doesn't seem like the comic is directed at you!

...I didn't say it was? I'm saying it's annoying, because I find cartoons like that annoying, where it's just a bunch of punching at folks trying to cope in silly ways. Slap a camera in frame and put the two characters in suits, and at least it's aiming somewhere worthwhile. The cartoon's correct. It's just really irritating and stopped being funny ten thousand Ralls ago.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Neito posted:

Would it be touching the poop to tweet that at Rall? Probably, huh.

you can only get blocked by ted rall once, make it really count

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Angepain posted:

A Country Happened

I saw this the other day as a facebook meme made with text drawn on the two guys from The Road To Eldorado. Sadly I can't get it again, as it was the last straw that made me finally unfriend this gradually antivax-radicalising person I'd spoken to like twice, so you're still on your own. There might be an actual cartoon, or the guy might have seen the lovely meme and mistaken it for a high-effort Gorrell or something

I was thinking the description sounded suspiciously like a dialogue between NPC and Chad wojaks.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

kartikeya posted:

I'm not sure how putting a Ukraine flag emoji in your twitter handle is either of those.
Don't be obtuse, you know full well that there's nothing wrong with that and so it's surely not beyond you to figure out that a flag in your username isn't what I was talking about.

kartikeya posted:

But my question stands: ...such as? What is this 'anything' other than, as I said, watch the news and despair about how helpless you are. My point isn't that it's meaningful or helpful, my point is that people want to do something, can't do anything, and so they make performative gestures equivalent to waving a giant foam hand at a football game they're watching on television. My point is that it's easy to mock these folks, but these folks aren't the problem, the problem is we're all this helpless to begin with.
If the choice is between feeling helpless and insisting that everything even tangentially related to/named after Russia must be scrubbed from public life and/or making jokes about how Putin is totally gay lol (both of which I've seen on twitter and in RL in the past week), then suck it up and find a way to endure the helplessness tbh

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Pilchenstein posted:

Don't be obtuse, you know full well that there's nothing wrong with that and so it's surely not beyond you to figure out that a flag in your username isn't what I was talking about.

If the choice is between feeling helpless and insisting that everything even tangentially related to/named after Russia must be scrubbed from public life and/or making jokes about how Putin is totally gay lol (both of which I've seen on twitter and in RL in the past week), then suck it up and find a way to endure the helplessness tbh

I mean, it was what I was talking about, but okay.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

kartikeya posted:

...I didn't say it was? I'm saying it's annoying, because I find cartoons like that annoying, where it's just a bunch of punching at folks trying to cope in silly ways.

You're doing the same thing as the comic except not funny

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

VitalSigns posted:

You're doing the same thing as the comic except not funny

It's probably because I'm running on roughly seven hours of sleep total for the past three days, but I quite honestly have no idea what you guys are trying to argue with me about. I didn't like a cartoon despite agreeing with its positions, which is all I was really trying to say. Near as I can tell we all more or less agree with each other on everything but whether it was a good cartoon, so, eh? :shrug:

In any case, Rall calling people disagreeing with him Hitler in a tweet that has like a dozen comments at most is a lol.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Barring any further nominations, I have completed processing and the Kellies will go live for voting tomorrow, with voting available until...I think I'll go with April 4. We have a total of 363 formal nominees and a large number of Special Ks. I welcome any feedback on the Kellies process as it continues.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
It’s the xkcd densely packed hitler’s cartoon, except Rall shuts his eyes and tells you with absolute confidence about the many Hitlers.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Nick Anderson

Lisa Benson

Steve Benson

Jeff Danziger

Matt Davies

Al Goodwyn

Bob Gorrell

Is even the word balloon a degraded copy?

Phil Hands

Joe Heller

Clay Jones

Steve Kelley

Gary Markstein

Marty Two Bulls

Jack Ohman

Henry Payne

Joel Pett

Michael Ramirez

Drew Sheneman

Jeff Stahler

Dana Summers

Tony Branco

quote:

One Big-Gas Mistake Biden says he stands with Ukraine while paying Russia money for oil that funds the war against them.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Americans are treating a war like a sport for their entertainment. AGC.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Okay, Gorrell's just mocking us at this point.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: The History of the Joe Biden Presidency, As Told by the Democrats

Ted Rall posted:

The dumbest thing you can do in politics is to fall into the framing of the opposite party. But that’s exactly what the Democrats are doing by constantly comparing President Joe Biden and congressional Democrats to former President Donald Trump and his allies.

First Dog on the Moon: Feeling overwhelmed by everything, everything and everything!!? It’s important to relax

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Do Gorrell's cartoons actually end up in newspapers? Do people pay him for them?

I want names

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Soon Ted Rall will be homeless and financially dependent on all these women who want to blow him again.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Yep, all that worry about Ukraine is just liberal panic. Good job cartoonist!

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Jedit posted:

One thing I will forever remain thankful for is that the first things politoonists picked up on about Volodymyr Zalensky are that he voiced Paddington and won Ukraine's Dancing With The Stars. One can only imagine what would have happened if they had first learned that he once performed a live piano recital of Hava Nagila using his dick.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwImOofyA-U

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Mar 4, 2022

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
I don't think that cartoons about Ukraine, though the timing would suggest it could be

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

I don't think that cartoons about Ukraine, though the timing would suggest it could be

I refuse to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I refuse to give them the benefit of the doubt.

You keep doing this with thenib cartoons, so I think you are doing some serious self-owning here.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
I don't know what the hell that cartoon's meant to be about. Which is a shame, because Passmore's usually pretty good at getting a clear message across.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mordaedil posted:

You keep doing this with thenib cartoons, so I think you are doing some serious self-owning here.

My sense, which may be wrong, is that The Nib seem to be drawing cartoons entirely meant to own too-online Twitter types, which is in my opinion aiming far too low.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

So I know everyone here remembers that political cartoon that showed a Mexican guy coming in through the window at someone's Thanksgiving dinner, and the cartoon got called out for racism. The cartoonist responded by erasing the mustache on the Mexican guy, in his mind satisfied that this would make the cartoon not racist.

I get the exact same vibe from this cartoon. "I drew this guy wearing a fedora, not a sombrero, therefore it can't possibly be racist."