Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Screaming at Activision until they rename that infamous mission No Ukrainian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
The thing you have to remember about that Cawthorne clip is that the conservative movement in America has spent the last 40-some years very deliberately cultivating that kind of mentality in its voters, while the powers-that-be in the party by and large don't care about the garbage that their voters care about. Except oops, the party did too good of a job at it and now some of those voters are starting to get their hands on the levers of power, hoping to act out said garbage.

For as much as the present-day Dems get poo poo for being out of touch, incompetent, clueless etc. the GOP could learn a thing or two from the Dems about boxing out their fringe voters.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Mar 4, 2022

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I cannot stop laughing at this.

https://twitter.com/sadieshorrparks/status/1499432485008121858?s=21

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

This used to be a Tom Brady painting

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
A Moscow Mule has been a democracy donkey ever since it was time for some game theory

https://twitter.com/ericgarland/status/921533703523840000

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

https://twitter.com/KellieMeyerNews/status/1499231104770916353

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Is this a White Russian Ukranian soda fountain?

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

That's a daiquiri machine.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

You mix a hell of a Ukranian, Jackie

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Bartender! One White American, please!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

General Dog posted:

Bartender! One White American, please!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
https://twitter.com/PaulSonne/status/1499421918629404681

We should expect Russia to bounce back with an HBO or Netflix special any time now.

Nothing new but it is quite annoying how words have no meaning anymore.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Causing words to not mean anything anymore is basically the entire point of what they do, unfortunately.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Play posted:

Causing words to not mean anything anymore is basically the entire point of what they do, unfortunately.

the sjw reverse-nazis are committing reverse-racism with the reverse-russians with their reverse-fake news, or so I hear on the reverse-facts reverse-dark web

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Play posted:

Yeah, if you convince people to be busy arguing about the construction of the words, you don’t have to worry about them engaging with the content of them.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I'm going to see the new batsmans this evening. My excitement has been tempered by the realisation that since its run time is 2 hours and 55 minutes and cinemas absolutely pounding you with advertising before screenings it means I'm not likely to get out of the cinema before 11pm and because I'm meeting a friend to see it I'll have to drive 45 mins home after.

This kinda sucks.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Can't wait for the series of NYT articles about how Naryshkin and Lavrov are actually right.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

saintonan posted:

Can't wait for the series of NYT articles about how Naryshkin and Lavrov are actually right.

"we went to humble moscow and asked these oligarchs what they thought"

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
I just learned about this dumb thing so now you all get to, too:

https://www.cana.com/

quote:

The world’s first molecular beverage printer combines all-natural ingredients with novel technologies that dispense compounds at the milliliter level of accuracy. The result is an infinite variety of chilled and carbonated beverages in under 30 seconds.

You can customize and personalize every beverage thanks to a 7-inch touchscreen, or from your mobile phone. Over-the-air software updates ensure you always get the latest updates, brands and fun experiences.

Cana One serves an infinite variety of drinks, including cold brew coffee, tea, soda, juice, hard seltzers, and specialty cocktails.

Cana updates its beverage catalog with new brands from partners and creators from around the world.

Pay per drink in my own home is a hell of a thing.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Aw man I was looking for something else in my saved images from years ago and happened across this

Poor giant rear end thing is almost certainly toast.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Grittybeard posted:

Aw man I was looking for something else in my saved images from years ago and happened across this

Poor giant rear end thing is almost certainly toast.

It was confirmed destroyed.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Qwijib0 posted:

Did you hear about this from Simone Giertz's Instagram story about it? I saw it but didn't click into anything about it.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Qwijib0 posted:

Just thinkin’ about Juicero, for no reason

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

LeeMajors posted:

It was confirmed destroyed.

I saw yesterday there was slight hope because it's tail was sticking out of the rubble and appeared intact, but yeah...the sticking out of the rubble part doesn't leave a lot of room for a plane to survive I wouldn't think.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Dango Bango posted:

Did you hear about this from Simone Giertz's Instagram story about it? I saw it but didn't click into anything about it.

No, molly wood, who is jazzed up about it for the lack of waste, and I guess there's less trash at the consumer end for specific drinks but for things in aluminum with a local bottler, seems like a stretch.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
That thing's insanely dumb and I doubt it even works

A better idea would just be to just stop drinking tons of soda and other trash and simply drink water instead.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
How is it different than a soda stream but with lots of extra poo poo to break?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Looking at it, I'm pretty sure it's either fraudulent or a parody. $800 for a device that, using the same cartridge, can get me OJ, coffee or a mint julep?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Skwirl posted:

Looking at it, I'm pretty sure it's either fraudulent or a parody. $800 for a device that, using the same cartridge, can get me OJ, coffee or a mint julep?

It manipulates the molecules mannnn.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
It's a Replicator that only does drinks? Is that what it is?

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

MrLogan posted:

It's a Replicator that only does drinks? Is that what it is?

Nah, the replicator didn’t charge you for it

T-Square
May 14, 2009

That reminds me of the absurdly expensive Keurig-style beer brewing machine where you could just pick a pod of whatever style beer and let it brew for you. Like, you obviously aren’t really into homebrewing at that point, just go buy a six pack?

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I just want some Slice man :sigh:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

T-Square posted:

That reminds me of the absurdly expensive Keurig-style beer brewing machine where you could just pick a pod of whatever style beer and let it brew for you. Like, you obviously aren’t really into homebrewing at that point, just go buy a six pack?

This feels like something out of back to the future where a whole meal is made from tiny dehydrated pods.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

T-Square posted:

Well, as I and Scarf can attest to, home brewing has nothing to do with economics.

Which is why an instant beer thing doesn’t make sense because brewing is fun precisely because it’s expensive and hard.

Also gently caress yes GT7 day is tomorrow.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

LeeMajors posted:

Well, as I and Scarf can attest to, home brewing has nothing to do with economics.

Which is why an instant beer thing doesn’t make sense because brewing is fun precisely because it’s expensive and hard.

By tomorrow, you mean tonight? :haw: it's available at 9pm.

Also, I think you were worried about it looking poor on PS4, it looks great tbh for a machine from 2013 (the load times are rough though):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9otClT3JTAo

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

seiferguy posted:

By tomorrow, you mean tonight? :haw: it's available at 9pm.

Also, I think you were worried about it looking poor on PS4, it looks great tbh for a machine from 2013:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9otClT3JTAo

:stare:

poo poo you aren’t kidding. It looks great. I’m just psyched to pick up some 80s Toyota and turn it into a monster.

:rip: my loving spooled-to-the-tits AW11 from GT5.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Is this good

https://twitter.com/JuliePace/status/1499537446488444937?t=c_QxuJO1dvzzTWFvXqSEyQ&s=19

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

This is how you get supervillains, or lots of radiation poisoning in the general population.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

LeeMajors posted:

It was slightly cheaper than buying microbrews, obviously not cheaper than just getting the cheapest poo poo. When I home brewed the funnest part was thinking up names for your beer. My Joyce Carol Oatmeal Stout was well renowned among my friends.