Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Captain Hygiene posted:

Man that's sad even for a sub-store brand tier pizza.

How could you let me down like this, Mama Celeste
:negative:

Is that the Walmart 99c microwave meme?
I buy cheap store brand pizza (80c with real cheese, I throw some nice ham and peppers on top) quite a lot, but that... would make me reconsider my life choices :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

sauer kraut posted:

Is that the Walmart 99c microwave meme?
I buy cheap store brand pizza (80c with real cheese, I throw some nice ham and peppers on top) quite a lot, but that... would make me reconsider my life choices :smith:

I think I've only seen them at Safeway, but they are the ultra cheap brand. I used to get the cheap ones once in a blue moon as a snack that would hit a craving for garbage food, but this one is sad even by those standards.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

The refried beans and diarrhoea special?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

I got this yesterday:

Apparently, it was transported at an incline or something. The funny thing is, this was supposed to be a calzone - if it were properly closed up all the way, the cheese probably would've stayed inside the shell, at least.

I'm sorry for your loss. :(

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM kiled Masen

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

I got this yesterday:

Apparently, it was transported at an incline or something. The funny thing is, this was supposed to be a calzone - if it were properly closed up all the way, the cheese probably would've stayed inside the shell, at least.

I gotta ask what the cubes are? overall i'd not be terribly upset by this, but i'd have dumped it into a bowl and scooped it out with the bread like eating tibs with injara. if the flavour is fine then it's not a huge issue unless it's like a ordered pizza to share with ppl that are gonna look at me fucky. which my kid and I wouldn't mind and generally speaking if i was :trashed: with a person or couple of then it'd not matter much. Def a failure of delivery, but better than if they'd brought ya a box of sewage pizza. I hope you still found some enjoyment of this hot mess of cheese and stuff.

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I'm sorry for your loss. :(

Don't worry, I still ate it.

nesamdoom posted:

I gotta ask what the cubes are?

Feta.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I good, I was hoping they weren't marshmallows.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Would totally just roll it up pinwheel style.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

By popular demand posted:

The refried beans and diarrhoea special?

Not quite.

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM kiled Masen

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

Don't worry, I still ate it.

Feta.

I'm very glad it worked out. Expecting a paid dish to show up as it's supposed to be is reasonable. Eating it if it doesn't is also reasonable. I'm so thinking about ordering a pizza right now and I don't think i've had feta but it sounds like it'd work for me. Luckily it's not gonna be covered(nor was yours) in 5lbs or sauces

it really looked like someone just lined up the darker bits of their anal spray.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

Man that's sad even for a sub-store brand tier pizza.

How could you let me down like this, Mama Celeste
:negative:

Bring back the thin crunchy ones with the metal disk, new ones are just waaaaay to bready/soggy. Also mama always needs some string cheese melted on top.

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM kiled Masen

Fair to be fair that pizza could take some the worst sliced cheese and only get better.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM kiled Masen

cheese baked in a way that created dissonence?

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

No thats someone pre-chewing wads of Goldfish crackers, spitting it on a basic pizza round and then baking it

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/JenYetAgain/status/1499213069918081024

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

We must first ask if pine belongs on Apple.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Penut butter and nutella pizza sounds pretty good. Pizza crust is just bread anyway. Like a desert roti!

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
Pizza Inn does a dessert pizza that would be fine if a human being made it:

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Oh great, goat poop pizza.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
There is a dish from the north of england where you can bake a load of pancake batter in the oven on a flat tray and then use it as a desert base with various delicious and appropriate toppings, I do not know why people insist on using pizza base instead?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

learnincurve posted:

There is a dish from the north of england where you can bake a load of pancake batter in the oven on a flat tray and then use it as a desert base with various delicious and appropriate toppings, I do not know why people insist on using pizza base instead?

I like a nice thin, crispy pizza crust with some kinds of dessert pizza, it's just a generic delivery mechanism for the toppings. Something different like this sounds good, though.

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM kiled Masen

Captain Hygiene posted:

I like a nice thin, crispy pizza crust with some kinds of dessert pizza, it's just a generic delivery mechanism for the toppings. Something different like this sounds good, though.

Isn't that like the point of crêpes?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

nesamdoom posted:

Isn't that like the point of crêpes?

No, because you can't just slot in crepes with the exact same form factor as the rest of the pizzas in your buffet

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM kiled Masen

Captain Hygiene posted:

No, because you can't just slot in crepes with the exact same form factor as the rest of the pizzas in your buffet

Really tho, desert pizza doesn't get anything from the dough. Might as well put some jam and frosting on a crepe and it'd be less waste. At least that's how I see it. desert pizza sucks because of the pizza dough effort when a pancake or thing pancake would be way better to just load up with fruits and sugars. I also have seen enough of this thread to know that other people care more about form factor than flavour or in the case of a couple countries even comon sense to not just serve people a liquid mess of whatever the gently caress... or loose loving corn...

not to sidetrack myself but as an Iowan, seriously can we stop hurting corn? I don't even like the poo poo after so long of it being the cheapest poo poo to get/eat, gently caress tho it's cheaper to to eat corn than shoot animals in the yard, but it's still not the worst thing. gimme half an ear on a slice an i'll clean that bitch off before chomping.. loose corn is an abombination to everything but mash. And that's' kuz the mash holds the corn.

Just really saying i'd rather have a strawberry jam, frosting, and loose corn pizza on a crepe than i'd want a thin bullshit layer of jelly with some sub mestre level of frosting ropes on it on a half inch of barely sweeter dough.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

nesamdoom posted:

Really tho, desert pizza doesn't get anything from the dough. Might as well put some jam and frosting on a crepe and it'd be less waste. At least that's how I see it. desert pizza sucks because of the pizza dough effort when a pancake or thing pancake would be way better to just load up with fruits and sugars. I also have seen enough of this thread to know that other people care more about form factor than flavour or in the case of a couple countries even comon sense to not just serve people a liquid mess of whatever the gently caress... or loose loving corn...

Every dessert pizza I've ever seen uses a sweet dough or cookie base, not pizza dough. What kind of ragged-rear end places are you people going to?

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM kiled Masen

Powerful Katrinka posted:

Every dessert pizza I've ever seen uses a sweet dough or cookie base, not pizza dough. What kind of ragged-rear end places are you people going to?

the kinds using the same dough you talking about that doesn't work well for a desert. I wonder why cakes and every desert is soft... easier to eat. after eating it's no fun to eat some dense bullshit. a cookie bas would be fine if it wasn't an overbaked mess always and sweet dough is pretty much the definition of pancake. too much flour and time and it's hosed, thinner makes it last longer and why the gently caress would a desert pizza need to be stiffer than a normal slice. if you don't fold a normal slice then it's hosed, if you can't fold a desert slice it's trash. put the same poo poo on a pancake and it'll be better every time. nothing about some 'sweet dough' will beat a pancake/crepe for the purpose of delivering sweets to the face hole.championing rigidity in deserts is weird. do you like honeybuns or donuts? do you wish them to be harder to eat? I get that the idea is it's a 'desert pizza', but the focus should be desert.

I hope I don't come across too poorly. I don't know how else i'd be able to. mmmm, pineapple on desert pizza yum.

but really i do think it'd be better on a softer cakey thing to be able to fold and eat better. nothing hurts the desert by it being on a softer base.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Here's your desert pizza

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
only places I've seen that use actual pizza dough for desert pizza are basically chain pizza stores that already have a shitload of pizza dough to use. frankly it's not the best but it's not terrible either.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

nesamdoom posted:

the kinds using the same dough you talking about that doesn't work well for a desert. I wonder why cakes and every desert is soft... easier to eat. after eating it's no fun to eat some dense bullshit. a cookie bas would be fine if it wasn't an overbaked mess always and sweet dough is pretty much the definition of pancake. too much flour and time and it's hosed, thinner makes it last longer and why the gently caress would a desert pizza need to be stiffer than a normal slice. if you don't fold a normal slice then it's hosed, if you can't fold a desert slice it's trash. put the same poo poo on a pancake and it'll be better every time. nothing about some 'sweet dough' will beat a pancake/crepe for the purpose of delivering sweets to the face hole.championing rigidity in deserts is weird. do you like honeybuns or donuts? do you wish them to be harder to eat? I get that the idea is it's a 'desert pizza', but the focus should be desert.

I hope I don't come across too poorly. I don't know how else i'd be able to. mmmm, pineapple on desert pizza yum.

but really i do think it'd be better on a softer cakey thing to be able to fold and eat better. nothing hurts the desert by it being on a softer base.

It's not an actual pizza, it's like a cookie cake. You use an already baked dessert like a soft cookie or a thin layer of cake or something, and put sweet stuff on it and arrange it so it looks like a pizza

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Data Graham posted:

Here's your desert pizza

Desert:

Dessert:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
We put peanut butter on unsweetened bread, we put jam and jelly on unsweetened bread, we put marshmallow spreads on unsweetened bread, we put fruit on unsweetened bread. What difference does it make if the bread is big and round.

The ingredients aren't the problem, it's the preparation and presentation. See also: every jacked up pepperoni pizza posted in here.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

ultrafilter posted:

Desert:

Dessert:

I'm reasonably sure :thejoke:

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

ultrafilter posted:

Desert:

Dessert:

Dumbass:

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Data Graham posted:

Here's your desert pizza

90 million years ago, there was enough oxygen in the atmosphere to sustain arthropods of enormous size.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

ultrafilter posted:

Desert:

Dessert:

Dysart

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Empty Sandwich posted: