Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Onean posted:

Just a heads up for anyone else that missed it in the latest announcement about the Live Letter: There won't be any live translation this time. It'll all be in Japanese, except the slides that will have both Japanese and English.

The last time I watched one that was Japanese only I kept an eye on the Nova Crystallis Twitter account since it seemed they did a decent job with their own semi-live translations. Is there anything else I should check out?

The FFXIV subreddit discord has a channel devoted to live translation for these things, it's usually pretty good. It's locked down so it's just the translators posting without any bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I'm rising my hands to send energy to the servers so they can announce they're expanding the glamour dresser.

Edit: mid-April.

OhFunny fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Mar 4, 2022

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
So the Arkasodara are for battle classes/jobs.

Also, they're planning to rename beast tribe quests to "Tribe Quests" starting from 6.2 and going forward, which is cool to see.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
That won't just be in promotional material either. It's starting in 6.2 because they couldn't get all the UI elements completed in time for 6.1.

Also, Hildibrand will start in 6.15.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

What we've all been waiting for.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
He's in (ShB spoilers) Lakeland! We're getting Hildibrand in Norvrandt, it looks.

Onean fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Mar 4, 2022

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Oh, cool, there's also going to be a side quest that clarifies the connection between (EW spoilers) Omega and Ultima Thule.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Onean posted:

Oh, cool, there's also going to be a side quest that clarifies the connection between (EW spoilers) Omega and Ultima Thule.

And will hopefully help fill in whatever's going on at the restaurant at the end of the universe.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Veotax posted:

The FFXIV subreddit discord has a channel devoted to live translation for these things, it's usually pretty good. It's locked down so it's just the translators posting without any bullshit.

By the way, this is a good option. Better than Nova Crystallis since they're also translating some of the banter instead of just the news stuff.

The Extreme version of the lvl90 Trial will also be dropping multiple totems when beaten, which is a nice change.

Mazed posted:

And will hopefully help fill in whatever's going on at the restaurant at the end of the universe.

Hopefully! Or at least give a little more info with more to come later.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

First image of the Alliance raid.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
The Dragonsong's Reprise, in 6.11, will be "different [than] prevrious Ultimate raids." It also apparently includes a phase against both Nidhogg and Hraesvelgr? drat.

Info on the PvP (and the housing purchasing) changes will be in the next PLL.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

according to my understanding of Japanese: if you do the Ameliance custom deliveries and put her in the 2B tights the game will automatically uninstall itself

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

I'm not sure what this is even with the translation.

The game is getting a codex.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Oh, cool. The Adventurer Plates (the official name for what they'd been calling Calling Cards up to this point) have customizable character portraits and can be assigned to gear sets, so you can set them up for each Job.

Also, they're adding the Unending Codex, which is a glossary of characters and terms. It'll become available as part of the 6.1 MSQ.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Onean posted:

He's in (ShB spoilers) Lakeland! We're getting Hildibrand in Norvrandt, it looks.

I hope it's some insane roadtrip that's like The First > Elpis > Ultima Thule > the Moon

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Shame that the codex only gets unlocked with 6.1's MSQ. That would be neat to have at all levels.

The "Calling Cards" are, as far as I understand, like the profile banners or whatever you can make in Call of Duty and the like. A customisable banner that people see in the killcam when you kill them.
Don't know where people would see it in this game though. Maybe when inspecting you?

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Veotax posted:

Shame that the codex only gets unlocked with 6.1's MSQ. That would be neat to have at all levels.

The "Calling Cards" are, as far as I understand, like the profile banners or whatever you can make in Call of Duty and the like. A customisable banner that people see in the killcam when you kill them.
Don't know where people would see it in this game though. Maybe when inspecting you?

Oh they're expanding what you can display to others when they click Inspect Player? That's neat.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Glam Dresser possibly getting expanded to 800 slots in 6.2. Getting 5 additional plates in 6.1

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

This is to preview the real money items from the online store.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
DC travel is coming in 6.18, with more info about that later in this PLL.

Hrothgar and Viera are getting more hairstyles, so that's cool.

5 more glamour plates and you'll be able to change them whenever you're in most sanctuaries now, instead of just cities.

They're also adding a feature that'll let you try on Mogstation items ingame, which could either be really nice, or an annoying advertisement. We'll see. Oh, it's only at the Inns by interacting with the bed, so that's good.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

OhFunny posted:

This is to preview the real money items from the online store.

Also note that Yoshida was pretty hesitant to add this feature, probably because there's a button to directly access the store.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Oh, hell yes. They're also adding a checkmark to mount and minion items you've already unlocked. This will also be an option you can filter on the market board. Personally I'd love for this to be added to Orchestrion rolls in the future as well.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The term "Trust" now only refers to the leveling of avatars. For main story quest progression, they'll be calling it Duty Support.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
They're splitting the Trust system into two separate parts: "Trust" will refer to just the avatar levelling system while "Duty Support" will be used for running the dungeons for MSQ purposes.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
These are the supported dungeons for 6.1.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
That's:
  • Sastasha
  • The Tam-Tara Deppcroft
  • Copperbell Mines
  • The Bowl of Embers
  • The Thousand Maws of Tot-Rak
  • Haukke Manor
  • Brayflox's Longstop
  • The Navel
  • The Stone Vigil
  • The Howling Eye
  • Castrum Meridianum
  • The Praetorium
  • The Porta Decumana (Ultima Weapon)

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
They're also just adding a teleporter in Haukke Manor after the second boss, since everyone already uses Return.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Onean posted:

They're also just adding a teleporter in Haukke Manor after the second boss, since everyone already uses Return.

I'm still going to say, "Pray return."

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Praetorium is being broken into three parts. A four man dungeon, a 4 man trial, and then a solo duty.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

OhFunny posted:

I'm still going to say, "Pray return."

Nice.

The Cape Westwind changes will unfortunately only be available through NG+ if you want to see it for yourself, since it's going to a solo-duty and not a part of the DF.

The Praetorium will be 3 separate duties: Start through Gaius is a 4-player dungeon, Ultima Weapon will be a 4-player trial, and the final Lahabrea fight will be a solo-duty.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
The MSQ roulette is staying since they're longer than most dungeons. It will still be a lot shorter, though, so they will adjust the rewards.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Onean posted:

The Cape Westwind changes will unfortunately only be available through NG+ if you want to see it for yourself, since it's going to a solo-duty and not a part of the DF.

The Praetorium will be 3 separate duties: Start through Gaius is a 4-player dungeon, Ultima Weapon will be a 4-player trial, and the final Lahabrea fight will be a solo-duty.

Unless they change it, that NG+ chapter starts at level 34 or 35 and there are over 50 quests to replay before you get to the parts they're changing. We'll never be free of ARR

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
There was a little bit of info on the NPCs that will be a part of the Duty Support for 2.0 that the Discord missed. They'll be themed after the Adventurer's Guild and the Grand Companies. There was also a bit about the Scions, but neither has much about them aside from not seeing them "often if at all" in the Duty Support.

Using the DC travel is only within the same region, something they announced earlier. You'll also show up as a <Traveler> instead of <Wanderer>.

Normal World Visit restrictions, but there's also restrictions on FC chat and PvP teams. CWLS chats will be restricted if it's on a different logical data center. However, in 6.2 they're looking to add the capability to join a CWLS on another logical data center after you travel there.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
:lol:
https://twitter.com/byletri/status/1499726361295867904?s=20&t=mSDIo4PORL4KdZuE1yKciA

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
If you're playing on the JP DCs, they're shuffling things around a bit to have 4 DCs with 8 worlds on each DC. It'll increase the total login cap for the region by 50,000. They're planning to have it implemented around July this year.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
They will make Home World Transfers free within the JP DCs for a limited time after the regrouping, to facilitate keeping communities together.

Also, a clarification that you'll be able to do any content while using DC travel that you can now while using World Visit.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/Nova_Crystallis/status/1499714046253309952

Why didn’t y’all mention the most important news

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

YoshiP said that they may be able to remove the AFK kick soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
They're also looking to hire for French and German translators, if anyone's interested.

Onean fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Mar 4, 2022