Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Babylon Astronaut posted:

I feel like the lizardmen could be both sexes already lore withstanding. The different vocal pitch and noticable dimorphism isn't really necessary for lizards. Also, females having higher pitched voices isn't necessarily a given with non-lizard species. Listen to the river troll hag voice lines; sounds pretty low and gruff to me. My point really is that in many of these cases, they could write it in with no other changes and call it good.

In the AoS RPG, they do basically say it's up to the individual Skink or whatever what they choose to identify as, since they don't have biological gender. The main Skink NPC is a priestess, for instance. Obviously that's AOS, but it'd make sense for Fantasy Lizardman too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Age of Sigmar at least tried to add some women to the "huge bulky super armored warrior" faction

To be honest I don't know why we don't get cool Chaos Champions looking like that as well ^

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

It's hard to see due to the giant neckguard covering most of their face, but are the Jade Warriors mixed gender? They have seem to have both male and female voicelines, which is neat.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
Isn't that a thing with the high elves as well? I probably played them the least of any of the twh2 races but I thought there some female voices in the units.

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

Zzulu posted:

Age of Sigmar at least tried to add some women to the "huge bulky super armored warrior" faction

To be honest I don't know why we don't get cool Chaos Champions looking like that as well ^

There are few additional aos champions that are chaos (in addtion to mixed gender units) - https://www.games-workshop.com/en-PL/Darkoath-Warqueen-Marakarr-Blood-Sky-2018 or this https://www.games-workshop.com/en-PL/nurgle-rotbringers-the-wurmspat-2021 or for example https://www.games-workshop.com/en-PL/Slaves-To-Darkness-Cypher-Lords-2019

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Carcer posted:

Isn't that a thing with the high elves as well? I probably played them the least of any of the twh2 races but I thought there some female voices in the units.

No it wasn't in the game. But both factions of the elf civil war are supposed to be 50/50 except the explicitly gendered ones like Sisters. Their core are all militia or feudal nobles, and they expect both men and women to fight.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kislev has a number of mix gendered units, which is really cool.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Onmi posted:

He has said he doesn't actually need to stream and that on the whole he's going to retire from it by the end of the year. And, I think some people don't realize this, Legend's Aussie, when he starts streaming it's about midnight and then he goes into almost mid-day. Then he sleeps, wakes up, has to do a Disaster Battle and record the audio for it, and manage his family and all that.

Yeah if I lived that life and had to play Realm of Chaos, I think I'd feel utterly betrayed. You also have to consider like... he was telling them this stuff as part of the creators program and testing the game for months, so for months you're going "This isn't fun, this is broken." And repeatedly doing so and feeling ignored. The game comes out, it's even buggier than you initially thought. The bugs are still there, and he hated (since he's left now) being in the creators program due to stress from feeling like he has to tread carefully and not say something he's not allowed to say (As in, reveals and speculation and stuff about the game, not... horrid poo poo.)

Lol "betrayed", come off it.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Zzulu posted:

That’s cool I wish they did more poo poo like that. Too many dudes running around hoggin all the armor

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Onmi posted:

He has said he doesn't actually need to stream and that on the whole he's going to retire from it by the end of the year. And, I think some people don't realize this, Legend's Aussie, when he starts streaming it's about midnight and then he goes into almost mid-day. Then he sleeps, wakes up, has to do a Disaster Battle and record the audio for it, and manage his family and all that.

Yeah if I lived that life and had to play Realm of Chaos, I think I'd feel utterly betrayed. You also have to consider like... he was telling them this stuff as part of the creators program and testing the game for months, so for months you're going "This isn't fun, this is broken." And repeatedly doing so and feeling ignored. The game comes out, it's even buggier than you initially thought. The bugs are still there, and he hated (since he's left now) being in the creators program due to stress from feeling like he has to tread carefully and not say something he's not allowed to say (As in, reveals and speculation and stuff about the game, not... horrid poo poo.)

I like Legend so I'm only going to make a smug expression at the sadness of the guy getting the game a month early and it caused him stress for just a second. Heh. Alright, that's enough of that. To a guy like me who can play the game as much or as little as he pleases even Release WH3 is an easy 8/10. Tzeentch Settlement Transfers make me furious but honestly I've done four campaigns and only one of them had them hyper-focused on me. I guess when you have to hop on board the new game bugs and all and use it to make a living it is a lot more frustrating.

Sounds like he got burned by the creators program because he has never played any other game or even heard of how every company uses their pre-release builds(or PTBs if you've played WoW or a few other titles) to solely build hype. I can't think of any company that has taken feedback from these efforts and overhauled their game 1-2 months before release because they literally can't, even if RoC would benefit a lot just from a few raw values being tuned. At least CA will change things over time since most other companies ignore PTB feedback and player feedback entirely until the playerbase collapses and profits shrink. Seriously, they likely took his feedback in(it'd be really handy as developers to have a guy who'll hard stress test your systems under the hardest difficulties) but they aren't going to act on it immediately. Companies could be better about this but it's not a secret what they're doing.

And I know he plays on Legend/VH as his brand but I'd think Legend of all players would've figured out the most boring yet efficient and safe way to slam realms. My dumbass has. They're "ruining" his campaigns? I'm telling y'all, Tzeentch-Nurgle-Khorne/Slaanesh, safety-cheese Khorne, speed-cheese Slaanesh, first in with your LL stack every time, heroic victory AR the last battle, agents close extra rifts. It doesn't make it fun or not tedious but you certainly cut through a lot of unpleasant surprises and effectively solve the place. I wonder what he does, or if his campaigns are so hellishly difficult he can't afford to send the LL into each rift set? It's an extra pain in the rear end to deal with rifts if you want domination victories in RoC but the cheese is there too with Slaanesh and Khorne. I could definitely see contesting the Forge being irritating as it's rather buggy and has bitten me a few times.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

It's hard to see due to the giant neckguard covering most of their face, but are the Jade Warriors mixed gender? They have seem to have both male and female voicelines, which is neat.

Jade Warriors and the Celestial Guard are both mixed genders and alternate voices on click if you listen close. Only the peasant units and gunpowder ranged are mono-gender.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!
Another disappointment is how prevalent British voices are among different races. I get that part of this is the origins of Warhammer itself, but they could be a little more creative.

Like snooty high elves, rambunctious Greenskins, pirate vampires, and jittery skaven are fine with the voices they have. But they should have contrasted the rest better -

Dark elves: Should have sounded like a British person trying to sound American. They are culturally distinct from other elves and lived away from them for some time and are on Warhammer America.

Empire: So much of the terminology is blatantly German yet they sound British. Why give them corny English accents? German accented voice lines can do a good job sounding imposing and smug in my opinion.

Ogres: This was my biggest disappointment, because they just sound like Greenskins. Loud, growly British louts that are hungry all the time. They are geographically next to Cathay which are obviously Chinese sounding, yet have the same boring British voices as many other races already.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Did he actually say he was 'betrayed' by CA? Lmfao this guy

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

DaysBefore posted:

Did he actually say he was 'betrayed' by CA? Lmfao this guy

But he didn't want to play Pontus you see.

Cannibal Llama
Jan 3, 2020

Cannibal Llama sounds like it could be a zany intentional throwback to mid OOs Penguin of Doom tier usernames but it also sounds like it could be the name of the lamest possible Metal Gear Solid boss so please don't make fun of it.

Panfilo posted:

Another disappointment is how prevalent British voices are among different races. I get that part of this is the origins of Warhammer itself, but they could be a little more creative.

Like snooty high elves, rambunctious Greenskins, pirate vampires, and jittery skaven are fine with the voices they have. But they should have contrasted the rest better -

Dark elves: Should have sounded like a British person trying to sound American. They are culturally distinct from other elves and lived away from them for some time and are on Warhammer America.

Empire: So much of the terminology is blatantly German yet they sound British. Why give them corny English accents? German accented voice lines can do a good job sounding imposing and smug in my opinion.

Ogres: This was my biggest disappointment, because they just sound like Greenskins. Loud, growly British louts that are hungry all the time. They are geographically next to Cathay which are obviously Chinese sounding, yet have the same boring British voices as many other races already.

The Empire not having German accents was always weird as poo poo to me. Like, Bretonnia is Not-France so they have stereotypical snooty French accents, Cathay is not China so they have Chinese voice actors, and Kislev is N̶o̶t̶-̶R̶̶̶u̶̶̶s̶̶̶s̶̶̶i̶̶̶a̶̶̶ UH I mean generic East European inspired nation so they have Eastern European accents, but for some reason the German as gently caress Empire is British? Is this basically just because they're essentially the protagonist faction of Warhammer so of course the British creators made them British accented?

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Rabelais D posted:

I used to watch all Turin's Warhammer 2 tournament streams and quite a few of Rubber Duck's, Dahv's, etc. Since I got Warhammer 3 and basically bounced quite hard off it I have not been watching the tournament streams, and I checked the viewing figures for Turin's recent tournaments, and for a tentpole release that is very popular on steam...they're not good? His Age of Empires tournaments got lots more views than the recent Warhammer 3 streams, and his Warhammer 3 videos are getting about the same number of views as his late in the day Warhammer 2 videos, when interest in that game was at a low ebb.

I know this sounds like insane rambling but I wonder what the thread's reaction is to the multiplayer streaming side of things - I think the game at the moment is quite limited in terms of factions and the size of the rosters, plus half the factions are just demons of different kinds, so perhaps that limits the viewing experience? I also stand by my opinion that Domination matches just don't make for as visceral a viewing experience, despite being more tactical. Turin himself admitted that Domination matches aren't quite as fun to watch.

All that said I'm sure the game will pick up when it gets some DLC and the complete world map campaign, but I hope that the multiplayer scene doesn't die out before then!

As someone who used to watch a lot of WH1 and WH2 online battles, I just don't like domination battles. They are not interesting to watch and are also a bit of a confusing mess with stupid comback mechanics. At least in WH2, if there was a comeback, it was because the dude earned it. I think land battles in general are far more interesting as a spectator event.

Also a lot of the new factions are a bit one-note especially without any DLC to flesh them out. Like I have a pretty good idea of what a Khorne, Nurgle, or Slaanesh fight is going to look like. The most interesting factions to watch are Kislev and Cathay and even then, I'd like to see how they fare against factions from the previous games.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
The dangers of living on hyperspecific content creation. I stopped watching his stuff as soon as Enticity started streaming Campaign content. Needed some positivity and someone who doesn't min/max everything to the point of being unfun

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Legend should have been more honest with his disappointment in his actual review imo, though I get why saying 'game bad' isn't necessarily what you want to say when you're counting on people watching your streams of it for the next several months. It's funny because at the time it felt like some of the reviewers were maybe being a little overly critical, but now it seems like they were holding back if anything.

I think Elden Ring as the big reason people aren't playing is probably a little overstated too. They're pretty different genres, and this was also a hugely anticipated tentpole release. It just ended up being kind of a bust at launch.

Dr Kool-AIDS fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Mar 4, 2022

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

I just remember him gleefully streaming uninstalling WH2 from his computer. Why do that if you didn't think 3 was good?

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Muscle Tracer posted:

I just remember him gleefully streaming uninstalling WH2 from his computer. Why do that if you didn't think 3 was good?

Because he'd been playing it for four and a half years? Even in the review he said current WH2 is better than current WH3, but he'd played so much WH2 that the novelty of WH3 put it ahead for him at the moment.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

Cannibal Llama posted:

The Empire not having German accents was always weird as poo poo to me. Like, Bretonnia is Not-France so they have stereotypical snooty French accents, Cathay is not China so they have Chinese voice actors, and Kislev is N̶o̶t̶-̶R̶̶̶u̶̶̶s̶̶̶s̶̶̶i̶̶̶a̶̶̶ UH I mean generic East European inspired nation so they have Eastern European accents, but for some reason the German as gently caress Empire is British? Is this basically just because they're essentially the protagonist faction of Warhammer so of course the British creators made them British accented?
Exactly. But it's boring and samey. Like half the accents in the game are British. They couldn't even have added some variation in there? Like Australian or south African accents?

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
It's pretty funny how bad the campaign is though. Almost everything in TWW3 is a marked improvement, but for some reason they decided the TWW2 DLC team were wrong for making better campaign objectives, and that the vortex campaign just didn't feel arbitrary and pointless enough.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Funky See Funky Do posted:

The only "no dust" mod I can find doesn't edit that. Do you know what the full name is?

This is what that mod looks like for me, maybe I have an older version or something. Downside is that there are quite a few files under vfx so you're gonna have to hunt for the right one to fix what you wanted.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

There's quite a bit of character in the text, but Warhams voices never did anything for me.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Sinteres posted:

Legend should have been more honest with his disappointment in his actual review imo, though I get why saying 'game bad' isn't necessarily what you want to say when you're counting on people watching your streams of it for the next several months. It's funny because at the time it felt like some of the reviewers were maybe being a little overly critical, but now it seems like they were holding back if anything.

I think Elden Ring as the big reason people aren't playing is probably a little overstated too. They're pretty different genres, and this was also a hugely anticipated tentpole release. It just ended up being kind of a bust at launch.

The game itself is good, and the campaign is good.

Once.

That's the problem. I enjoyed the campaign the first time I went through it. I was annoyed the 2nd time, frustrated the 3rd and fed up by the 4th. Some might say "lol, don't play it so much then." But if you compare it to WH2, I was able to play that basically endlessly. It's a high bar.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!

Carcer posted:

High Elves in the novels ususally depict militia and spear units are mostly men, but I know Swordmasters of Hoeth, Mages, have men and women, and Sisters of Averlorn are all female.

I would assume given how critically low the Elf population is supposed to be that there would be a discouragement of women joining the military.

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
:<

Dramicus posted:

The game itself is good, and the campaign is good.

Once.

That's the problem. I enjoyed the campaign the first time I went through it. I was annoyed the 2nd time, frustrated the 3rd and fed up by the 4th. Some might say "lol, don't play it so much then." But if you compare it to WH2, I was able to play that basically endlessly. It's a high bar.

I’m shelving this until immortal empires and modding comes out. I will mod all the siege and settlement changes out of the game. I’m sure it’s fun to defend, but 99% of the battles I fight are settlement battles where I’m attacking and I’m forced to fight these minor battles because otherwise I get wiped out in autoresolve.

This game is in a really bad state and they should have delayed it another 6 months. It’s really not fun and I was incredibly hyped for this.

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

Crazy Joe Wilson posted:

High Elves in the novels ususally depict militia and spear units are mostly men, but I know Swordmasters of Hoeth, Mages, have men and women, and Sisters of Averlorn are all female.

I would assume given how critically low the Elf population is supposed to be that there would be a discouragement of women joining the military.

Well, can't have baby if everyone is dead so :shrug:

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Lord Packinham posted:

I’m shelving this until immortal empires and modding comes out. I will mod all the siege and settlement changes out of the game. I’m sure it’s fun to defend, but 99% of the battles I fight are settlement battles where I’m attacking and I’m forced to fight these minor battles because otherwise I get wiped out in autoresolve.

This game is in a really bad state and they should have delayed it another 6 months. It’s really not fun and I was incredibly hyped for this.

That's another problem that I have with the game, but at least that's going to be fixed with mods. I want at least 75% of the battles to be field battles. The sieges can be fun every so often, but not every single goddamn battle.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Lord Packinham posted:

I'm on the same boat. I may keep loving around to understand how the factions work but it boggles my mind that the game was released in this state. I would have rather waited another six months or a year for them to release a good game. The campaign sucks, the campaign map sucks, the siege changes are staggeringly awful and I have no idea how they saw the light of day, and now we're probably going to have to wait 2 months just for some basic bugfixing because the stability is so bad they have to devote 100% of their resources to that for the time being? Kislev is a cool faction, I love the QoL things they added but the diplomacy changes feel shallow because the AI is still never willing to sign a peace agreement or confederate. If I could refund, I would.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

I assume some of the cathay infantry have to be, because they scream real high pitched when you tell them to go somewhere.

Just a constant EEEEEEE like someone letting off a steam whistle.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I can understand not liking the chaos realms but its also sort of surprising to me how many people claim it "ruins the game". Tzeentch can be annoying, Slaanesh is time consuming, but overall they're not particularly difficult and you can pretty much ignore them if you don't want to engage with it. Unless you absolutely have to see the "You Win" screen pop up, you can just play like normal and quit when you're happy with where your empire is at or whatever. In my experience it takes the AI a stupid long time to get all four souls (I play on H or VH usually) so there's minimal risk of one of them winning before you're ready to stop playing.

That said I've probably lost interest until they add modding or the big map. I played all the factions pretty far into their campaign at least one time (tried every LL at least once, basically) and I don't have any particular interest in replaying any of them. QOL updates are great, map is great, new factions are visually interesting, but I think I would much rather be killing these factions as Empire or Dark Elves or whatever rather than playing as them.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I can understand not liking the chaos realms but its also sort of surprising to me how many people claim it "ruins the game". Tzeentch can be annoying, Slaanesh is time consuming, but overall they're not particularly difficult and you can pretty much ignore them if you don't want to engage with it. Unless you absolutely have to see the "You Win" screen pop up, you can just play like normal and quit when you're happy with where your empire is at or whatever.
I cant stand it because I play Total War games for the field battles and conquering a map. The 15 turn cooldown on portals opening is tedious as hell. I have played 3 campaigns to (oddly enough) exactly turn 78 before I get tired of the constant tedium of having to close portals, deal with things like corruption applying a -300 growth penalty, armies coming from everywhere and refusing to fight unless I use ambush bait cheese to lure them in, AI that refuses to sign peace or literally is not allowed to sign peace, deal with minor factions of my same type that refuse to confederate despite me being Strength rating 1 + allied + and have 300+ relations with.

The vast majority of those things are solved problems in 3K, many of which were solved problems from day loving 1 the game dropped. Its like CA cant learn from other games they publish, and dont play their own game.

edit: and like.... the Vortex campaign has a ton of negative feedback over the course of four plus years saying that people dont like campaign racing, dont like competing with the AI for an end goal, ect so what do we get with game 3? An even more involved version of that with all new forms of tedium added. ME was something like 80%+ of all new campaigns started in WH2, so with WH3 they tried to replicate what they did with the Vortex campaign that very few people liked playing because ...?

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Mar 4, 2022

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

If I could refund, I would.

I was pretty resistant to go that far when I first admitted to myself that I thought the game (in its current state) is bad with some cope about how it'll be better over time, but even though I still believe that last part, I do think I'd refund now if I could since there's no indication that the things this game needs to get better are coming any time soon. I really thought that after 2 there was no possible way they could gently caress this up since they already had the bones of a great game to build on, but they managed to do it.

AI that refuses to sign peace or literally is not allowed to sign peace, deal with minor factions of my same type that refuse to confederate despite me being Strength rating 1 + allied + and have 300+ relations with.

Wasn't there an issue in this series where being allied with them actually makes them harder to confederate because they counted at least part of your strength as theirs in their calculations?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

This is what that mod looks like for me, maybe I have an older version or something. Downside is that there are quite a few files under vfx so you're gonna have to hunt for the right one to fix what you wanted.

You must have an older one. This is what it looks like now.

I tried hunting around in some corruption tables and found one which should (in theory at least) turn off the terrain effects but nothing for the ugly sky lights. Either way it's too much work for a game I don't really want to play at the moment.

Jeff the Mediocre
Dec 30, 2013

Panfilo posted:

I am still unhappy that none of the dork elves sound like somebody from trailer park boys. Or just give Malus a Newfoundlander accent.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
Outpost maps need better pathfinding and defense AI, and the debug camera mode really needs be on the default, but I'm really glad most of my battles are outpost battles instead of the old siege battles where the battle would be basically over before I move a single unit past the gates. If they make the AI more competent at defending but also make them more willing to sally out when besieged the new system will be perfect IMO.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Sinteres posted:

I was pretty resistant to go that far when I first admitted to myself that I thought the game (in its current state) is bad with some cope about how it'll be better over time, but even though I still believe that last part, I do think I'd refund now if I could since there's no indication that the things this game needs to get better are coming any time soon. I really thought that after 2 there was no possible way they could gently caress this up since they already had the bones of a great game to build on, but they managed to do it.
Yeah if I had any hope they would make sieges *less* tedious instead of more or that they could make a base-game campaign any fun I might be ok to ride it out, but I wish I could "speak with my wallet" and refund to do my part to show CA that I wont spend money on their products if they do dumb poo poo like they did with 3.

Sinteres posted:

Wasn't there an issue in this series where being allied with them actually makes them harder to confederate because they counted at least part of your strength as theirs in their calculations?
Yes, and CA said that they specifically went out of their way to change that in 3. I'm not seeing it and its infuriating. Military Alliances are nice for allying with other factions, but same-faction minor states still refuse to confederate. What is especially infuriating about it is is that they recently added (I think with the Eltharion DLC) a High Elf-only 'mechanic' where if you get to positive 80 relations with any other AI HE faction, they will be willing to confederate no matter what (unless you're at war, I guess?). WH3 comes along and they gate content behind owning all three big Kislev cities, and give two of them to minor factions... when there are punishments for fighting same-faction states, have a big punishment in place for declaring war on same-faction minor states, and told us that they fixed confederating. Its really really frustrating.

Mercrom posted:

Outpost maps need better pathfinding and defense AI, and the debug camera mode really needs be on the default, but I'm really glad most of my battles are outpost battles instead of the old siege battles where the battle would be basically over before I move a single unit past the gates. If they make the AI more competent at defending but also make them more willing to sally out when besieged the new system will be perfect IMO.
By "Outpost" do you mean "Minor settlement"? I cant stand them because their level of tedium is just too high. I'm too burned out from constantly doing sieges in WH2 to have any patience for a new, more complicated, more punishing, more tedius, more annoying version. Give me updated-for-2022 Rome 1 or Medieval 2 minor settlement battles where they are groups of buildings with some wide roads and a town square to fight over. These tier 1 minor settlements having 5 zones, rats nests of terrible pathfinding roads, and towers popping up everywhere is just so loving bad.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Mar 4, 2022

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Thing is I like a lot of what they have done. I can’t remember the last time a total war game forced me to adapt and improvise so late into the campaign. Outside of the issue with plagues and tzeentch bullshit there is little I would complain about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!

I cant stand it because I play Total War games for the field battles and conquering a map. The 15 turn cooldown on portals opening is tedious as hell. I have played 3 campaigns to (oddly enough) exactly turn 78 before I get tired of the constant tedium of having to close portals, deal with things like corruption applying a -300 growth penalty, armies coming from everywhere and refusing to fight unless I use ambush bait cheese to lure them in, AI that refuses to sign peace or literally is not allowed to sign peace, deal with minor factions of my same type that refuse to confederate despite me being Strength rating 1 + allied + and have 300+ relations with.

The vast majority of those things are solved problems in 3K, many of which were solved problems from day loving 1 the game dropped. Its like CA cant learn from other games they publish, and dont play their own game.

edit: and like.... the Vortex campaign has a ton of negative feedback over the course of four plus years saying that people dont like campaign racing, dont like competing with the AI for an end goal, ect so what do we get with game 3? An even more involved version of that with all new forms of tedium added. ME was something like 80%+ of all new campaigns started in WH2, so with WH3 they tried to replicate what they did with the Vortex campaign that very few people liked playing because ...?

The Warhammer games unlike most Total War titles are trying to tell stories, and that requires some railroading, with the Mortal Empires maps being the more traditional sandbox style. Knowing that Immortal Empires is coming I don't mind the Realms of Chaos campaign at all, it is a bit fast-paced for my taste, but I do like it.