Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I love these Series controllers. I don't need more than two but I kinda want another anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peteyfoot
Nov 24, 2007
Will Elden Ring run at 60FPS on a Series X connected to a 1440p display?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Rip BOZO

https://twitter.com/_Tom_Henderson_/status/1499448856152522753?t=9TC4495iJbeFuSNcFOokjQ&s=19

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Peteyfoot posted:

Does it have VRR? That is your answer.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I had no idea VRR made such a big difference but Series S Elden Ring on Quality mode on an LG C1 is good as gently caress. No it's not 60fps but honestly...it's good.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Peteyfoot posted:

Not in quality mode sadly. And it does slow sometimes when loading in performance but not often.

Peteyfoot
Nov 24, 2007
Alright, thanks y'all!

acksplode
May 17, 2004

AFAIK plugging a Series X into a 1440p display will never improve performance. The internal render resolution stays the same, it just gets downscaled to 1440p.

Peteyfoot
Nov 24, 2007

acksplode posted:

AFAIK plugging a Series X into a 1440p display will never improve performance. The internal render resolution stays the same, it just gets downscaled to 1440p.

:O I had no idea! Thanks for that tidbit!

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Is the TCL series 4 any good as a gaming tv? I can get a 50” for $300, which seems too cheap to be really good but idk I’m kind of a dummy.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
If your TV costs less than $1200 then it's a bad TV. I'd rather spend $300 on a bad TV than $800, so knock yourself out.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

RandolphCarter posted:

Is the TCL series 4 any good as a gaming tv? I can get a 50” for $300, which seems too cheap to be really good but idk I’m kind of a dummy.

I've got the 1080p 48" one and it's been fine for the Series X but I don't care about 120fps or HDR.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

RandolphCarter posted:

It's fine and if you're coming from an older, smaller TV that wasn't extremely premium, then it's going to be a huge upgrade.

What people are looking for in a real gaming TV is either 120Hz input and variable refresh rate, meaning that games can render at up to 120fps rather than 60, and when the framerate dips then the TV will change its refresh rate to match the game framerate, or OLED, which is just better picture quality than any LCD can do. 120Hz VRR OLED TVs are $1k+ though.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

They're going to release this the same day as Elden Ring 3 and get stomped.

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo

thats crazy

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

take all the time you need bb

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Disney is going to end up getting frustrated with this one and just ask that it be canned.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I didn't even know about that one, but it seemed like EA wised up and gave all its star wars games to Remedy, one of its few actually good developers left (lol bioware and DICE)

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

priznat posted:

I didn't even know about that one, but it seemed like EA wised up and gave all its star wars games to Remedy, one of its few actually good developers left (lol bioware and DICE)

Respawn, and yeah they are like the only dev keeping EA's ledger black. That said, EA doesn't have exclusive hold over the Star Wars license any longer, that ship sailed when the lootbox fiasco made tv news headlines.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Respawn, and yeah they are like the only dev keeping EA's ledger black. That said, EA doesn't have exclusive hold over the Star Wars license any longer, that ship sailed when the lootbox fiasco made tv news headlines.

Oops yeah Respawn. Not having the exclusivity on Star Wars makes sense, surprised (but also not) that they faffed about with it while they had it. Fallen Order, while not world breaking or anything was far more fun and interesting to me than any of the DICE battlefront games.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

What’s that new game that’s kind of like the incredible machine combined with the breath of the wild engine?

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo

RCarr posted:

What’s that new game that’s kind of like the incredible machine combined with the breath of the wild engine?

star wars

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

RCarr posted:

This question hurts my brain because I have no idea what this means so someone please answer and stop the madness

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

There’s a video of like a conveyor belt dropping cows into a heated cauldron and it looks just like the breath of the wild gameplay.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
This was a fever dream you had.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

lol

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

drat, Exo one is really cool and I ended up playing through it 3 times this week. Feels so satisfying when you get the hang of it.

Daramulum sucks though.

frogbs
May 5, 2004
Well well well

RCarr posted:

There’s a video of like a conveyor belt dropping cows into a heated cauldron and it looks just like the breath of the wild gameplay.

PLease somene find this gaem.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I’m like 30% sure they’re talking about pal world.

E: never mind that’s the game where you use Pokémon as slave labor to make weapons

RandolphCarter fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Mar 4, 2022

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Ahh those fuckers didn't give me a code for Assassin's Creed Valhalla as part of my bundle, they just put the game right in my account. Sneaky. Guess I own that now.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

RCarr posted:

Craftopia

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

TheScott2K posted:

Ahh those fuckers didn't give me a code for Assassin's Creed Valhalla as part of my bundle, they just put the game right in my account. Sneaky. Guess I own that now.

:getin:

Assassins Creeds are good games to play once every 5-10 years.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

that’s how long it takes to clear Valhalla

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

adhuin posted:

I have one Ubisoft game in me every other year, I feel like. I really enjoy them as long as I space them out! I played Asscreed: Origins at release and it was great, and played Immortals: Fenyx Rising last year.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

adhuin posted:

I keep trying but nothing hits like Black Flag.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I must be the one guy keeping the AC franchise afloat. Those games are perfect for me.

Currently playing Ghost of Tsushima, which is like Assassin’s Creed without all the stupid animus poo poo.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I must be the one guy keeping the AC franchise afloat. Those games are perfect for me.

Currently playing Ghost of Tsushima, which is like Assassin’s Creed without all the stupid animus poo poo.

playing this Ubisoft trash in elden ring month :goofy:

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Larry Parrish posted:

Sometimes you want that sweet sweet Ubisoft open world trash. It's like a Big Mac, not really good for you but sometimes you want something familiar.

Elden Ring is real good.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

AC games are my favorite podcast games. I wait for super sales though. The price on the Gold Edition of Valhalla was getting pretty low, but apparently it didn’t include the third DLC and got delisted in favor of a “Complete” edition. Probably gonna be a while til that hits my cheapness threshold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Larry Parrish posted:

Elden Ring month was February. March belongs to Babylon's Fall.