Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

How hosed would he have been if he landed on the lane line? The inside of those things is a cable under tension.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

deoju posted:

How hosed would he have been if he landed on the lane line? The inside of those things is a cable under tension.

He's not wearing shoes, so he's effectively invincible.

Serjeant Snubbin
Feb 1, 2002

Pillbug

DrPossum posted:

Can’t lose your shoes if you’re not wearing any shoes!

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

DrPossum posted:

"If you find yourself in green fields and the shoes off your feet, then worry not! For you are in Elysium, and you're already dead!"

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

I feel like if a real forklift operator were doing this, you’d see them enter and exit the building, with the ATM and the time lock safe in the back office, in one flowing motion, despite the forklift being obviously larger than the doors.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

He came so close to landing on the lane marker. He could have really hosed himself up.

Efb

Goreld
May 8, 2002

"Identity Crisis" MurdererWild Guess Bizarro #1Bizarro"Me am first one I suspect!"

deoju posted:

The plastic cushions the fall because it catches a lot of water and will decelerate you - might scratch you up and I guess could give a concussion if you hit it square with your head. Might depend how tight they tensioned it but the plastic keeps you mostly from hitting it directly. Also keep in mind if you land on it the whole line flexes and catches water too, so it has some deceleration.

I’ve seen people land one one from a 3m platform but not with their head. But it prooooooobably wouldn’t do anything too serious. If you caught your head perfectly between the buoys you might be able to break your neck, maybe?

E: he’d almost certainly get castrated feet first though, and shred his thighs.

Goreld fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Mar 4, 2022

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

If you can hit the lane divider, you bounce back up and get to do more flips.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

taqueso posted:

If you can hit the lane divider, you bounce back up and get to do more flips.

:hmmyes:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
they brought a forklift but could have just used a furniture dolly.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/gExZcPu.gifv

Hey new guy, get the bag and collect air samples.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

quote:

After the explosion, the subject screams in pain and writhes, while those present are surprised by the fact.

:haw: Not as surprised as he was :haw:

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

https://i.imgur.com/sxdXO6S.mp4

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

is he also stealing the cat converter?

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

LifeSunDeath posted:

is he also stealing the cat converter?

The fact that he's down there with a sawsall and not a single other tool, toolbox, or thing to sit on to do some serious work points to that.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

-The forklift hit the door because the driver didn't properly take his vehicle's turning radius into account
-A forklift's blades should be no more than 10 inches off the ground while traveling
-No one made use of available equipment to move the ATM, increasing the risk of straining/tearing.

Overall, shoddy workmanship that wouldn't fly in my facility

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

It's always weird to see this happening at somewhere you've spent a lot of time at.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

They didn't even cordon off the spill and in fact slipped their way through instead of going around. Really want to know how the foreman has a job still.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/v90M1NK.mp4

:munch:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

That article just describes the video and also seems to imply that there was a ball in the cannon that was fired into a crowd of people.

The cannon was filled with gunpowder and the guy had three fingers blown off. So thanks for inlining it, guy.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Harry_Potato posted:

He has a face shield but he forgot his leathers. 50% on the OSHA approval scale.

If he survives long enough he will become leather.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

LifeSunDeath posted:

they brought a forklift but could have just used a furniture dolly.

Yeah, but you don't want to bring a furniture dolly or a Johnson bar to a forklift fight, that's just a losing strategy.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Zesty posted:

The cannon was filled with gunpowder and the guy had three fingers blown off. So thanks for inlining it, guy.

It's not like you can see it, and knowing after the fact doesn't change that.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I have been traumatized by cannon fingats itt

EvenWorseOpinions
Jun 10, 2017
This is unreasonably comfortable btw

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:

EvenWorseOpinions posted:

This is unreasonably comfortable btw

Probably one of the very reasons you walk around the plane to pull pins during preflight. "Joe, get the gently caress out the engine unless you wanna be human chili."

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

At least he's not sleeping with it on; that's how you get fan death.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
How else do you stop superstitious grandmas from throwing coins into the engine for good luck?

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
You do climb into the fan inlet case for normal maintenance to the fan blade and hub though. Also to do free-rotation checks

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

You do climb into the fan inlet case for normal maintenance to the fan blade and hub though. Also to do free-rotation checks

Yeah and you have plenty of time if someone decides to turn on the APU and start trying to turn on the engine. Its pretty hard to get accidentally killed by a turned off turbine engine.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Cojawfee posted:

How else do you stop superstitious grandmas from throwing coins into the engine for good luck?

But it sounds so nice!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wKPTWXD2Z0

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Xaintrailles posted:

At least he's not sleeping with it on; that's how you get fan death.

I thought only Korean soldiers are afraid of that.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

iwentdoodie posted:

It's not like you can see it, and knowing after the fact doesn't change that.

Yeah nah it absolutely does. There's plenty clips that look unsurvivable, but incredibly they made it!!!!!!!

The ones where it looks worrisome, but asterisk they are now crippled for life, I can do without having inlined without context please.

Karate Bastard fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Mar 4, 2022

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

The first rule on sleeping in airplane engines, NO CAPES...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YL3w73MAuIM&t=30s

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

If a turbine isn't running, would dropping something in like that still nick/dent blades enough to warrant their replacement?

For turbines that aren't already rusted junk, I mean.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Normal Barbarian posted:

If a turbine isn't running, would dropping something in like that still nick/dent blades enough to warrant their replacement?

The issue is more having to take apart a thousand part machine to fish it out

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Normal Barbarian posted:

They’re not normally encountered in the vertical condition, either. It’s hard to drop something into one that’s perpendicular to gravity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!

I know he's got a lot of forward momentum, but I'd be pretty tragic if he pushed off the wrong way and came flying back, landing on that diving platform below.

Or...anything else in that direction really.

You know, with how many stickers end up on helmets, I'm not surprised some dudes just don't know any better.

mom and dad fight a lot fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Mar 4, 2022