Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Attack on NFTs?

That sounds like NFTs.

Edit: it is NFTs

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Mar 4, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

pentyne posted:

How has endless 8 gone down now that quite a lot of time has passed? I can't imagine any studio ever willing to do something that again just from a cost stand point.

I thought it was an interesting idea that could've been done in fewer episodes and/or with more variation between each episode (I realize the similarity is the point, but Yuki talks about different things happening so it would've been nice to see those). Overall, I was a little bored by the last few, but I can't imagine the frustration of fans watching at the time, knowing that there were only so many episodes left. I compared it to the Dougie Jones arc in the third season of Twin Peaks; it's fun for what it is but everyone was tearing their hair out wanting to get to the fireworks factory.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Mokinokaro posted:

Attack on NFTs?

That sounds like NFTs.

https://twitter.com/leonoded/status/1499601131336470532

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

that video sucks op

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

surf rock posted:

I thought it was an interesting idea that could've been done in fewer episodes and/or with more variation between each episode (I realize the similarity is the point, but Yuki talks about different things happening so it would've been nice to see those). Overall, I was a little bored by the last few, but I can't imagine the frustration of fans watching at the time, knowing that there were only so many episodes left. I compared it to the Dougie Jones arc in the third season of Twin Peaks; it's fun for what it is but everyone was tearing their hair out wanting to get to the fireworks factory.

It’s not endless 8 without 8 episodes you moron, you philistine

marumaru
May 20, 2013

you can appreciate the endless 8 and recognize that it's an amazing, hilarious flex by the studio that is highly unlikely to ever happen again in any other show, ever, a true display of artistic prowess and commitment to a vision, while still recognizing that it's a loving slog to sit through

marumaru fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Mar 4, 2022

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
i feel the same way about citizen kane

marumaru
May 20, 2013

haruhi suzumiya, the citizen kane of anime

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I watch all of endless 8 every time when I rewatch haruhi. However I don't marathon it so maybe I'm not a real fan

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Zetsubou-san posted:

i feel the same way about citizen kane

:blastu:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Citizen Kane is gaijin trash

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
orson welles has been in better movies

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Mokinokaro posted:

Attack on NFTs?

That sounds like NFTs.

Are Titans non-fungible?

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

I'm watching American DAd. on watch cartoons free online.tv

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Namtab posted:

Citizen Kane is gaijin trash

The strongest trash

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Mister Facetious posted:

Are Titans non-fungible?

missed opportunity to say non-fungible titans

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Did you know this video is itself stolen art that made the original artist regret ever uploading it because it keeps getting used to soapbox a million different takes

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Strange Quark posted:

Did you know this video is itself stolen art that made the original artist regret ever uploading it because it keeps getting used to soapbox a million different takes

The most infamous one being holocaust denial

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Strange Quark posted:

in other words, a perfect explanation of NFTs

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it's cool when you make an animation for a character you like and people use it to make funny joke edits about that character getting run over by a car

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm also not a huge fan of joke videos like that where it's like "They're not speaking English, so I can just put whatever I want in the subtitles because it's just gobbledygook."

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm also not a huge fan of joke videos like that where it's like "They're not speaking English, so I can just put whatever I want in the subtitles because it's just gobbledygook."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xy2b0RHArCg

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Strange Quark posted:

I didn't!

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

elden ring

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

eiden cockring

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

It seems to be a pretty universal phenomenon. I've seen tons of videos subbing English-spoken videos.
Maybe it's poo poo if people are using them to make chud crap, but there's nothing too wrong with the light-hearted humor of funny subs

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Coaaab posted:

orson welles has been in better movies

Transformers the Movie

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

marumaru posted:

It seems to be a pretty universal phenomenon. I've seen tons of videos subbing English-spoken videos.
Maybe it's poo poo if people are using them to make chud crap, but there's nothing too wrong with the light-hearted humor of funny subs

thats a pretty authoritative statement lol

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
if the person whose work is being edited is uncomfortable with it, then yes, the funny joke subs kind of suck. especially when the funny joke subs, are dwarfing the original work just being a fan thing someone made, cause they like mio honda from idolm@ster.

thinking about how much people liked to meme on the english side putting funny words in masahiro sakurai's mouth over his nintendo direct appearances and when he found out he just thought it was, really weird and kind of uncomfortable

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

thats a pretty authoritative statement lol

I mean, I feel like "imo" was implied there, unless that's not what you mean? I'm legitimately not sure

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Strange Quark posted:

im not defending that video but like most stuff that people post is stolen lol

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Citizen Kane and Lynch

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

surf rock posted:

i agree, it's very apt to compare it to the best part of twin peaks

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Please don't put words in Hitler's mouth. He might not be comfortable with it.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Oh, now I remember why I hate Crunchyroll's Android TV app.

It's because your session expires after less than 24 hours and I'm constantly having to re-enter my password on a device with no keyboard.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Rand Brittain posted:

I'm constantly having to re-enter my password on a device with no keyboard.

pro tip: just set your pass to 4 numeric digits instead, much easier to type it in!

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

marumaru posted:

pro tip: just set your pass to 4 numeric digits instead, much easier to type it in!

Is that your sa password

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Strange Quark posted:

Is that your sa password

no that one is 55555

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

That's the combination to my luggage!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

marumaru posted:

no that one is 55555

Please dont post my password