Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Waffleman_ posted:

YoshiP said that they may be able to remove the AFK kick soon.

Finally I can get back into the real endgame. AFKing in LL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Veotax posted:

Glam Dresser possibly getting expanded to 800 slots in 6.2. Getting 5 additional plates in 6.1

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
To recap so far:

6.1 launches mid-April.

New MSQ quests
New Dungeon (name is SECRET)
Myths of the Realm #1 Alliance Raid
Tataru's Grand Endeavor begins.
Role Quest story for completing all the different Endwalker Role Quests.
Extreme Trial version of the final boss of Endwalker
Ultima's Bane (Unreal)
Job Adjustments
PVP updates: Crystalline Conflict added, new PVP rewards system, The Feast ends.
Empyreum (Ishgard Housing) plots for sale
Adventure Plates (a new customizable Profile display)
Unending Codex (a new Collection with a glossary of characters and terms up through 6.0, and new entries will be added as the story unfolds)
New Game+ will be updated to cover 6.0 and part of 6.1
New Hrothgar hairstyles
More glamour plates, places they can be used, and "Dream Fitting" will be added to allow you to preview stuff like cash shop items on your character without owning them (or having to track down someone who has them)
New idle animations for parasols
You'll be able to see which minions/mounts, fashion accessories, modern aesthetics, etc. you already own with a checkmark
Improved market search for items used to obtain the former which also tells you which you do and do not own
Duty Support (NPC "trusts", but they want to only use Trust to refer to the leveled avatars) for Sastasha, The Tam-Tara Deepcroft, Copperbell Mines, The Bowl of Embers, The Thousand Maws of Toto-Rak, Haukke Manor, Brayflox's Longstop, The Navel, The Stone Vigil, The Howling Eye, Castrum Meridianum, The Praetorium, and The Porta Decumana (Ultima Weapon 4-man trial).
Cape Westwind is a solo duty.
Castrum Meridianum is a 4-man dungeon.
The Praetorium is split into a 4-man dungeon up to Gaius, The Porta Decumana 4-man trial, and Lahabrea solo duty.
Main Scenario roulette will still have the two it does in their 4-man versions, plus The Porta Decumana. Roulette rewards will be adjusted.

Dragonsong's Reprise (Ultimate)

Somehow Further Hildibrand Adventures begins.
Arkasodara tribal quests (for combat jobs), need to have finished the quests "Steppe Child" and "What's in a Parent".
Ameliance Custom Deliveries

Data Center travel. Same restrictions as World Visit, but you can use CWLS that exist in the physical data center your character is currently in (so if you travel from Primal to Aether, you can use an Aether CWLS while there, but not while on Primal)
You'll be sent back to login when you're Data Center traveling.

6.1x
Omega: Beyond the Rift (sidequest linking (EW spoiler)Omega and Ultima Thule)

Japanese Data Centers are being reorganized into 4 data centers (from 3); this is mostly to improve login processing. Existing CWLS will be duplicated on the new Meteor data center if members from the older data center get moved to Meteor.

Hogama fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Mar 4, 2022

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
They mentioned that while the slide only says Hrothgar, Viera are also getting new hairstyles.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I'm at 280/400 in my dresser so that's whatever but I am rabid foaming at the mouth for more plates. GIMME NOW.

Also Omega lore. :woop:

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

:yaycat:

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
We still expecting a new crafting tier on 6.1?

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

Sentient Data posted:

We still expecting a new crafting tier on 6.1?

New hand and land job leftside gear and tools, if past trends hold.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Xerophyte posted:

New hand and land job leftside gear and tools, if past trends hold.

Should I be stockpiling unlimited or limited tomestones for the mats that will be needed for them?

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

I hope this is an outfit Tataru makes for us, including the backpack.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I'm not sure I can hold onto all this extra gear until 6.2 when I can put it in the glam dresser, but I suppose I can accept another five plates to use in the meantime.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

hopeandjoy posted:

Should I be stockpiling unlimited or limited tomestones for the mats that will be needed for them?

Cap every tome when there's a major patch unless there's something specific and urgent you need asap

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Sentient Data posted:

Cap every tome when there's a major patch unless there's something specific and urgent you need asap

Rip my ability to upgrade my caster set from normal raid gear to limited tomestone gear. The pains of not being a savage player.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

So, if the Feast is ending, does this mean I've got six weeks left or so to grind out the ~120 wins I need for a Gloria?

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

they might change the achievement requirements (like how all of the old wolves den/The Fold achievements had The Feast stapled onto them) or add the reward to something else like the pvp battlepass.

if you're worried that they won't you can try blasting out those wins but the devs don't really do missable stuff that isn't tied to an explicit ranking event like Feast or Reconstruction seasons. they even talked about trying to bring back the Garo gear when they first announced Crystal Conflict.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

HackensackBackpack posted:

I hope this is an outfit Tataru makes for us, including the backpack.

This is just a basic murder hobo tunic. It isn't nearly enough drip for Tataru's current level of skill.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Mazed posted:

according to my understanding of Japanese: if you do the Ameliance custom deliveries and put her in the 2B tights the game will automatically uninstall itself

All this means is having a second installation ready.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Galaga Galaxian posted:

This is just a basic murder hobo tunic. It isn't nearly enough drip for Tataru's current level of skill.

We all have off days. If I'm canonically going to hoof it someplace, I want a good backpack.

At the very least, a chocobo barding with all the stuff, like a bedroll and a frying pan and a metal mug, etc.

Vitamean posted:

they might change the achievement requirements (like how all of the old wolves den/The Fold achievements had The Feast stapled onto them) or add the reward to something else like the pvp battlepass.

if you're worried that they won't you can try blasting out those wins but the devs don't really do missable stuff that isn't tied to an explicit ranking event like Feast or Reconstruction seasons. they even talked about trying to bring back the Garo gear when they first announced Crystal Conflict.

I suppose that's true. I made an effort to get my Garo mounts before they disappeared but I've never been good at nor liked the feast very much. It's not like I'd even use it that much. I mainly stick to my bird because he is my friend.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
They said a while back that the old Feast rewards were going to be added to the new PvP reward system. The only thing I'm not sure on is if that applies to titles (does the Feast even have titles?), but it should to everything else.

I imagine we'll know more whenever the next PLL rolls around, since they said they'll be talking about PvP more in that one.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

The Feast has quite a few titles actually.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

hopeandjoy posted:

Rip my ability to upgrade my caster set from normal raid gear to limited tomestone gear. The pains of not being a savage player.

you can augment the limited tomestone gear with the weekly alliance raid tokens that come in 6.1. savage just gives you a four month headstart on augmenting tomestone gear

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

a cartoon duck posted:

you can augment the limited tomestone gear with the weekly alliance raid tokens that come in 6.1. savage just gives you a four month headstart on augmenting tomestone gear

Heck, I usually don't even bother augmenting tomestone gear until the last set anymore, since that takes currency from all three raids and I don't have that kind of time anymore. So I just build them up over the course of the expansion.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Onean posted:

These are the supported dungeons for 6.1.

Weird to make all the 15-50 trust companions Roe or Roe adoptees, but whatevs.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Onean posted:

These are the supported dungeons for 6.1.

lol, did they have to put an ` at the end of the name to avoid their own name filter?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

SirPhoebos posted:

Weird to make all the 15-50 trust companions Roe or Roe adoptees, but whatevs.

I want to know if they all go from Eager to Jaded to Toxic Mentor as you move from lower to higher level dungeons.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

FuturePastNow posted:

I like my holy book. It even has a hand grenade.

Level 87 dungeon

This dropped for me today, so I did the needful.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I'm glad someone else wears that ring. :hmmyes:

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I'm glad someone else wears that ring. :hmmyes:

It's on every one of my plates.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
my favorite smn book is the castrum abania one. I think it also got a recolor in Dohn Mheg

it's got a butterfly on it

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

it's also the level 81 crafted tome, dyable too

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

thank you to everyone who hoped and prayed with me these past few years, we finally got a reprint coming

https://twitter.com/SquareEnixBooks/status/1499754788325675018

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

all i want is Hildebrand to team up with Lyna and Feo Ul

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Vitamean posted:

thank you to everyone who hoped and prayed with me these past few years, we finally got a reprint coming

https://twitter.com/SquareEnixBooks/status/1499754788325675018

Pre-ordered! Thanks for the heads up!

Kerrzhe posted:

all i want is Hildebrand to team up with Lyna and Feo Ul

Absolutely. I'm gonna be disappointed if we don't get that

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

It's a good thing they are finally adding this. YoshiP claiming it was impossible because it would break the servers when there's literally a mod that does it already by just reading the local cache of your character's data was embarrassing.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Taking a popular mod that does a simple, intuitive thing and making it part of the game UI officially is a time honored MMO tradition

xov
Nov 14, 2005

DNA Ts. Rednum or F. Raf

Kerrzhe posted:

Taking a popular mod that does a simple, intuitive thing and making it part of the game UI officially is a time honored MMO tradition

Now we just need the ability to see character job icon in their nameplate, and visual bubbles for /say and my wishlist will be fulfilled.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Gonna be so much faster to take minions out of the GC chest

Selane
May 19, 2006

Aww man, now the guy that made the mod is gonna have to remove the line making fun of the devs from its description.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
My friend's account got hacked and she's having trouble getting any action on it. She has an EU account and tells me their customer service is unavailable because it's the weekend. Anyone have any experience with this? We've already demoted her in the guild so the hacker can't steal anything from us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
If customer services doesn't work on the weekend, there's not much you can do.

Try to dig up the phone number and not rely on email support, but if they're closed, they're closed.