Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean they can just have Goku train Uub off and on. The guy can teleport he doesn’t need to spend that much time with uub

He did it because he’s a dick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Kild posted:

He fused with Buu and turns himself into chocolate lol.

Oh right. Man, GT really hated the idea of anyone that wasn't a Saiyan doing anything, huh? It even killed off the only two alien characters on the Dragon Team!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Hey hey he helped beat Baby by giving him muscle spasms

Or indigestion, whichever you prefer

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

dipwood posted:

I meant like all the other stuff that happened there in general.

I mean other than Uub and I guess Bra/Pan appearing there for the first time in Z, is there that much else that happened in the epilogue?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Oh right. Man, GT really hated the idea of anyone that wasn't a Saiyan doing anything, huh? It even killed off the only two alien characters on the Dragon Team!

Hey, this isn't really true at all!

Most Saiyans never got to do poo poo either. GT was very much Goku Time.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
baby vegeta lol

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

There are some big contradictions in the epilogue.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Baby had the dumbest names. Super Baby Vegeta 2.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

There are some big contradictions in the epilogue.

tbf broly takes place around that time.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

Hey, this isn't really true at all!

Most Saiyans never got to do poo poo either. GT was very much Goku Time.

Love that goku

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Stairmaster posted:

I also meant Bulma aging and grumbling that she should wish to look younger when she is doing that regularly in Super.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Bumis should just wish to be a smart sayan

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

FilthyImp posted:

Bumis should just wish to be a smart sayan

But then we’d have 2 Bardocks. I think 1 is enough.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

there will just be a new End of Z

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

mmkay posted:

I mean other than Uub and I guess Bra/Pan appearing there for the first time in Z, is there that much else that happened in the epilogue?

Roshi got new shades.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Stairmaster posted:

We all know Bulma secretly got the Dragon Balls and used them to look 15 years younger. She waited until after nightfall so nobody would notice the sky turning black.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Black August posted:

there will just be a new End of Z

Rebuild of Z

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

i wouldn't worry too much about internal consistency in dragon ball. super saiyan went from being a once-in-a-generation legendary power to something that a saiyan just unlocked if they got strong and mad enough to something any saiyan could do if they saw it done once. the super saiyan god transformation doesn't make any sense at all, as the ritual just needs 5 people who want it real bad & that would have been so laughably easy to accomplish back before their planet was exploded that the chances of it not even happening by accident is none. and then vegeta just got the transformation off-screen without doing the ritual so who knows what's up with that

they're just going to set up whatever contrivances they need to tell the next cool fight story and they're not worried about it making sense with things written 10-20 years ago, or even stuff written 5 years ago. every new strong guy they encounter is gonna have the "why weren't they at the ToP" question looming over them, and the answer is always gonna be that it doesn't matter don't worry about it

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

To be fair you needed six sayains of pure heart or whatever, and as we all know sayains were raging assholes from the get go.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

KittyEmpress posted:

To be fair you needed six sayains of pure heart or whatever, and as we all know sayains were raging assholes from the get go.

https://youtu.be/LESwkh6vjBI

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

KittyEmpress posted:

The Saiyans don't even technically need to have a fully developed heart yet!

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I always assumed the "pure heart" poo poo was just some stuff they made up to explain to themselves why other Saiyans hadn't done it, rather than an actual requirement.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Kanos posted:

I always assumed the "pure heart" poo poo was just some stuff they made up to explain to themselves why other Saiyans hadn't done it, rather than an actual requirement.

I'm pretty sure it is that simply because it comes out of nowhere. At no point was Krillin told this, nor would any mortal be able to know it considering we had one Super Saiyan after a thousand years or so of none at that point. Krillin was probably trying to justify to himself how Goku got there but the other Saiyans he knew didn't, except Vegeta quickly proved him completely wrong.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
I always felt like most saiyans were so rock stupid that you were lucky if they were freeza force material, let alone super saiyan.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
the thing about legends like the "legendary super saiyan" is that they're all made up and bullshit

you just gotta get really strong and really mad, or get the back tingles

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Wait does...the form give him an ear piercing?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
No, Beerus passed that to him during the training to show that he's a GoD candidate/apprentice.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I think all Destroyers get that as part of the deal. I guess Hakaishin / Ultra Ego is a transformation anyone/anything can achieve, like Ultra Instinct. Which is why I figure the endgame is to combine basic Super Saiyan with Instinct / Ego.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I do like that concept. The fact UI can be implemented into other forms etc.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Blaze Dragon posted:

I'm pretty sure it is that simply because it comes out of nowhere. At no point was Krillin told this, nor would any mortal be able to know it considering we had one Super Saiyan after a thousand years or so of none at that point. Krillin was probably trying to justify to himself how Goku got there but the other Saiyans he knew didn't, except Vegeta quickly proved him completely wrong.

But Vegeta does have a pure heart!

pure, unadulterated badass (ego)

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Skeleton Mom posted:

i wouldn't worry too much about internal consistency in dragon ball. super saiyan went from being a once-in-a-generation legendary power to something that a saiyan just unlocked if they got strong and mad enough to something any saiyan could do if they saw it done once. the super saiyan god transformation doesn't make any sense at all, as the ritual just needs 5 people who want it real bad & that would have been so laughably easy to accomplish back before their planet was exploded that the chances of it not even happening by accident is none. and then vegeta just got the transformation off-screen without doing the ritual so who knows what's up with that

they're just going to set up whatever contrivances they need to tell the next cool fight story and they're not worried about it making sense with things written 10-20 years ago, or even stuff written 5 years ago. every new strong guy they encounter is gonna have the "why weren't they at the ToP" question looming over them, and the answer is always gonna be that it doesn't matter don't worry about it

The answer to why any given strong guy from U7 wasn't in the ToP is "Shin is stupid and Beerus is lazy."

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Captain France posted:

The answer to why any given strong guy from U7 wasn't in the ToP is "Shin is stupid and Beerus is lazy."

its very realistic!

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Yeah you can easily smooth over any stuff like that by leaning on the fact that everyone in a position of authority in U7 is completely uninformed and totally out of their depth, an idiot, or too lazy to be bothered.

Shin is functionally an untrained intern who got promoted to CEO because every executive above him got murdered. Hell, even down to the local level, the current guardian of Earth is a random Namekian child who has had no training or guidance in the role beyond what Mr. Popo might have been able to tell him.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Well the strongest people we have met since the Tournament were respectively isolated on an barren planet, Heavily weakened, an Angel and thus not allowed, and had not become super strong yet.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I remember Vegeta having a mustache in GT and that's about it.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Judge Tesla posted:

I remember Vegeta having a mustache in GT and that's about it.

That's like the only important part, so you're good.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
he shaved his mustache and then became baby vegeta

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

he shaved his mustache and then became baby vegeta

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Vegeta has always been a baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Black August posted:

I think all Destroyers get that as part of the deal. I guess Hakaishin / Ultra Ego is a transformation anyone/anything can achieve, like Ultra Instinct. Which is why I figure the endgame is to combine basic Super Saiyan with Instinct / Ego.

Setting the stage for Vegeta's final form, Super Ego(centric).