Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

mlmp08 posted:

People are allowed to keep these bad thoughts to themselves.

https://twitter.com/eoinhiggins_/status/1499567290836205571?s=21

I'm ashamed of our war actions and will fully go to the Hague if that's what it loving takes to feel even slightly better about supporting the horror we inflicted on the people of Afghanistan, and around the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

:confused:

maffew buildings posted:

https://twitter.com/ASBMilitary/status/1499804332090441732?cxt=HHwWiIC-7f-FsNApAAAA

As a disclaimer for some of you, and can't loving believe this seems prudent to post, but I am NOT PRO RUSSIA. These kind of reports are coming out regularly and hey go figure, Ukraine having a real white supremacy issue this could be bad for ethnic minorities internally

I don't think you're pro Russia or anything, but that twitter account has been straight up peddling Russian propaganda as well, so maybe don't cite them specifically?

I also have no doubts that kind of poo poo is happening at the borders and it's incredibly hosed up.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

psydude posted:

Eastern Europeans are unfortunately not known for their enlightened views on race or ethnicity.

Neither is Western Europe.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

That's the same twitter account that said that Ukrainians would never EVER resist russian soldiers, they would lay down their arms and welcome them as brothers.

A few months ago.

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Woah! Fascinating if that holds up, wonder if he's still uneasy about his grip on power and nervous watching domestic unrest in Russia and doesn't think he could survive that again.

It seems like his grip on power has been tenuous. He's presumably propped up by Russian money and resources, but it seems like both of those are going to be in very short supply for a while and I suspect he'll find himself near the back of the line. How excited will his military and police be to hold the line if they stop being able to make payroll and food starts becoming scarce? That's not even to mention actually marching over the border to fight a war that seems to be going very poorly. No idea what the historical relationship is between Belarus and Ukraine is, but I don't recall hearing about any strong animosity between the two, which makes going to fight even less popular.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Handsome Ralph posted:

I don't think you're pro Russia or anything, but that twitter account has been straight up peddling Russian propaganda as well, so maybe don't cite them specifically?

I also have no doubts that kind of poo poo is happening at the borders and it's incredibly hosed up.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/28/europe/students-allege-racism-ukraine-cmd-intl/index.html

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Handsome Ralph posted:

The video will give you context but basically there was a website online that seemed to be run by an open pedophile that seemed to deal in hitmen jobs; they listed jobs in coded phrases, and some dates of their jobs lined up with the big coordinated assassinations, including Hamas leader Mahmoud al Mabhuoh.

It was also linked to ammunition sales in that those assassins used credit cards from Lake City UT, down the road from the ammo plant there.

It's also possible it's bullshit fiction of a Mike Adams, who has a Goodreads list that reads books with plots like this, and all domains involved originated under the same person at the same time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoaeY4bKbbc

It wouldn't be the first hoax I got caught up in lol

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Mar 4, 2022

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/uaweapons/status/1499827604861374466?s=21

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Belarus with a sudden, shocking face turn.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Wasabi the J posted:

The video will give you context but basically there was a website online that seemed to be run by an open pedophile that seemed to deal in hitmen jobs; they listed jobs in coded phrases, and some dates of their jobs lined up with the big coordinated assassinations, including Hamas leader Mahmoud al Mabhuoh.

Ah I got you, I just didn't know if the quote was a callout somehow and I was confused by it. We're cool.

Yeah as I said, incredibly hosed up.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CBJSprague24 posted:

Belarus with a sudden, shocking face turn.

They would be more if somebody did a face turn on Lukashenko with a Makarov.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

mlmp08 posted:

People are allowed to keep these bad thoughts to themselves.

https://twitter.com/eoinhiggins_/status/1499567290836205571?s=21

Was the thermobaric hellfire variant not used in Iraq as well or are they just being dumb.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

hobbesmaster posted:

Was the thermobaric hellfire variant not used in Iraq as well or are they just being dumb.

Well he's saying that European humans are more human-ey them Asian humans and thus shouldn't be subject to thermobarics, so I feel confident to say he's just dumb.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Or pretty much anywhere. As a species we kinda suck. Would've been better if we'd evolved from a nearest common ancestor of gorillas instead of chimpanzees.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

BeastOfExmoor posted:

No idea what the historical relationship is between Belarus and Ukraine is, but I don't recall hearing about any strong animosity between the two, which makes going to fight even less popular.

I think historically they've had a a quite close relationship, but it has obviously deteriorated during Lukashenko's presidency.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

CommieGIR posted:

Effectively already has, part of the referendum was basically giving Russia the leeway to station forces, including their nuclear forces, in Belarus.

The referendum removed the ban on Russia stationing nukes in Belarus, but it's still up to Lukashenko to agree to such a move. Which I'm not sure he will do any time soon.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Or pretty much anywhere. As a species we kinda suck. Would've been better if we'd evolved from a nearest common ancestor of gorillas instead of chimpanzees.

Bigfoot is out there, waiting in the forests for us to gently caress up, so they can roll in and re-plant the forests we've destroyed to build urban jungles.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Very true, they're just less open about it.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Torrannor posted:

The referendum removed the ban on Russia stationing nukes in Belarus, but it's still up to Lukashenko to agree to such a move. Which I'm not sure he will do any time soon.

Lukashenko openly said he opposed Russian troops being in Belarus for too long. I don't really believe Lukashenko has a say anymore. He's a figurehead.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Handsome Ralph posted:

they literally said there would be no invasion

then again I guess this isn't an invasion

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/RepHoulahan/status/1499740290650890241

I feel like a Democratic rep would know better than to call for something this stupid but it’s 2022 in the worst timeline.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Nah we're solidly in the "score cheap political points" phase of the war

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

pantslesswithwolves posted:

I feel like a Democratic rep would know better than to call for something this stupid but it’s 2022 in the worst timeline.

weekend voice: LETS GOOOOOOO

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

"What do you mean we'd have to train them to fly them and it would take months to do so? Aren't all aircraft essentially the same?"

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I'm normally in favour of more BBRRRRRRRRRTTTTTT but this dumb

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Also

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Handsome Ralph posted:

"What do you mean we'd have to train them to fly them and it would take months to do so? Aren't all aircraft essentially the same?"

“Volunteers” from the US.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Slava Ukraini

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Handsome Ralph posted:

There was a commercial pilot that lied about having experience with a French fighter type and just started flying for some middle eastern country.

There’s probably at least one Ukrainian ATPL that has some hours in DCS A-10. What could go wrong?

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Point nose at tanks, push butan

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

We could just mount GAU-8s to Ladas. Minimal training and 50 percent of them might even end up airborne!

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Marshal Prolapse posted:

“Volunteers” from the US.

As much as I'd love an inverse of what happened in the Korean War, it's not 1950 anymore. Zero chance that ruse would fool anyone let alone would the Russians play along with it.

hobbesmaster posted:

There’s probably at least one Ukrainian ATPL that has some hours in DCS A-10. What could go wrong?

What starts playing in my head every time I see that stalled out convoy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnfviQF0wNo

Maybe you could get volunteers from the DCS thread... :thunk:

:emptyquote:

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Naked Bear posted:

Point nose at tanks, push butan

Fighter jets are basically video games. Just do the tutorial 15 minutes, then bomb the starter convoy. Bing bong so simple.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

mrmcd posted:

Fighter jets are basically video games. Just do the tutorial 15 minutes, then bomb the starter convoy. Bing bong so simple.

Its ironic too as lack of flight time is likely partially why the Russian Air Force is scarce right now.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Handsome Ralph posted:

Maybe you could get volunteers from the DCS thread... :thunk:

Oh oh! Pick me! I only overheated the APU and burned my plane to the ground three times as I was trying to work through the manual and preflight.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Nah we're solidly in the "score cheap political points" phase of the war

https://twitter.com/LifeOfTimReilly/status/1499816865916493834?t=lIzcCizUdw-GOOlb6R4HNA&s=19

Pretty clear that Donnie would either have started WW3 by threatening to blow up Moscow or would've done absolutely nothing, just depending on how the news would've covered it.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

facialimpediment posted:

https://twitter.com/LifeOfTimReilly/status/1499816865916493834?t=lIzcCizUdw-GOOlb6R4HNA&s=19

Pretty clear that Donnie would either have started WW3 by threatening to blow up Moscow or would've done absolutely nothing, just depending on how the news would've covered it.

As long as Putin had enough sense to plan ahead and send a few waves of Russian diplomats to stay at Mira Lago with hefty bills and maybe hosted trump and explained to him and a few evangelicals how he's protecting Christendom he'd be all set. Not even exaggerating, there was that ridiculous report about how Putin put extra attractive aides in the room when meeting with trump to distract him, it was that amateurish (and effective).

Ukraine definitely have gotten less support from the EU as they'd (rightly) not trust trump to not betray them or NATO, and Ukraine would have had far less effective defense without NATO weapons and intelligence.

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

Fun fact: these codes ("bort numbers," meaning "side number," although the Russian references I have never use that phrase) only represent the aircraft's number in its individual unit. So in the entire VKS, there could be a 5-10 different "04 White"s of various types flying around.

I genuinely do not know how they kept/keep any kind of running inventory of how many aircraft they have on hand; that may be why they started serialing stuff in the RF-###### range fairly recently. But it makes identifying aircraft for enthusiasts like me an absolute nightmare.

The authors who I got this from often use the phrase "to confuse hypothetical spies," which probably describes a lot of the weird poo poo that went on in Soviet industry.

This is actually a thing used to confuse intelligence agencies and has been known since WWII. In statistics it's called the German tank problem and picking random values from a set of a million numbers is one of the ways to prevent estimates of how many aircraft they actually have.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

https://twitter.com/SkyAndyHughes/status/1499863194575200268

:stare:

Everyone walks away from this but Jesus...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Imagine how pissed Putin must be to have spent all this money psyoping us with this Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge poo poo and then gets no return on it when he cashes in on all those good will chips he got from not being the US