Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

"Whataboutism" is really loving stupid because I'm like morally culpable for what my country does and I theoretically have some method of holding politicians in my country accountable whereas I can't do diddly poo poo about what Russia is doing.

no no no see you're all mixed up baby, you're morally obligated to cheerlead the stuff your country does no matter what because it's your hometown, you can't let the hometown boys down!!! COME ON USA! USA! USA!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Harold Fjord posted:

A lot of the libs who were continually agitating against being disagreed with by leftists ('bad faith to have an ideology. I don't have an ideology') moved on to their safe space USpol discord and stopped posting in D&D or severely reduced. Only obvious troll how r u ("Stages of grief? No I did that once and it sucked. People should be kept in denial about climate change") still seems to post regularly of that lot.

Is that why Salazar disappeared

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

RealityWarCriminal posted:

who sets this # of jobs expected number?

some no name dept currently led by a republican idiot who lowballs that poo poo every time to gently caress biden (then silent revises it to real numbers months after)

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

Imagine hating your VP so much you try and put them in harms way to keep them from getting the nomination if biden has an aneurysm from all his drugs lmao

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

J O B S

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

HE MADE ER JERBS

That Spooky Witch
Jun 16, 2017

All hail the triune god

Catpetter1981 posted:

Sooner or later we will start distinguishing between "Putin" as a pars pro toto name for Russia, and Putin the physical person. His own physical self can't launch the actual nukes. And he isn't surrounded by feeble minions, he is powerful because he is surrounded by powerful people. But their loyalty isn't until death. If they think he is loving up too bad, they will throw him out of a window. Him showing weakness, or madness, or issues weirder and weirder orders to a military less and less capable of doing them moves us towards that point. I don't think it'll end up with a nuke button chicken moment. These guys are mobsters, not hardcore ideologically convinced Putin-ites.

jfc the putins are multiplying in these peoples heads

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Armadillo Tank posted:

Imagine hating your VP so much you try and put them in harms way to keep them from getting the nomination if biden has an aneurysm from all his drugs lmao

She called him a racist and it's the one thing he's managed to remember

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
J E B !

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Uncle Wemus posted:

Is that why Salazar disappeared

he still posts in other threads

tbh i think the low post count is bc the democrat supporters only like to post good news/developments, of which there is remarkably little as of late.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

:golfclap:

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

how did we miss that a feinstein staffer who got fired for complaining about her office's racism took shrooms then smoked a blunt at her desk & posted it to youtube on his way out?

quote:

Upon returning to the United States, Purley applied for an entry-level job as a staff assistant in Sen. Feinstein’s office, where he says right away he realized he would have to be accommodating to a white workplace if he wanted to survive as a Hill staffer.

“The first time I met Sen. Feinstein, there were two Black dudes in the meeting and she called me the other Black guy’s name,” says Purley. “She called me his name. We look nothing alike. We are two different shades. He wears a beard.”

“I didn’t correct it,” he continues. “I laughed it off because I didn’t even process it until later … that after all I’ve done to get here, you’re gonna call me another guy’s name? But I was like, okay, we’re gonna work within the system to try and figure this s–t out. It’s amazing to me how many people don’t consider me Black. They consider me Jamarcus: that n—a that went to all them schools.”

Being mistaken by Feinstein for another Black coworker on his first day became an inside joke amongst his white coworkers, a joke that he would endure for the next five years in her office.

Sometimes his white coworkers crossed other boundaries, as well.

“Multiple white coworkers in my office touched my hair without my permission,” Purley tells Latino Rebels, his voice cracking with indignation, his speech slowing as he lets out an audible sigh.

“My coworkers touched my motherf—in’ hair,” he says, enunciating each syllable. “My mom’s a beautician. She used to do my braids. My hair was the one thing I loved when I was looking in the mirror in a suit that I hate, in a look that I hate. Why the f–k did my coworkers touch my hair? I never said anything because I knew that if I told them not to touch my hair, I might risk not getting a promotion.”

Despite accommodating Feinstein’s white staffers, Purley says he was passed over for promotion twice because, according to his supervisors, he didn’t write well enough.

“I had gone to the chief of staff twice because I told them that the way they write alienates black people,” says Purley. “I mean, I studied English and African American studies—I know what the f–k I’m talking about. They said it’s not my role to tell us what or how to write. It’s my role to reflect the Senator’s voice. They kept telling me I work at the pleasure of the Senator.”

Purley says things really started going downhill in terms of representation of people of color in Feinsteins’s office when she hired David Grannis as chief of staff.

“The staff turnover got insane,” recalls Purley, “especially for Black and Brown staffers. The big conference room in our office became the place I hated most because it was there that I could literally see just how few Black people worked in our office.”

Everything changed for Purley when his father died of COVID in December 2020. He had finally been promoted from staff assistant to legislative correspondent, where his job was to read and write mail to constituents.

“Working as a legislative correspondent, that’s when it hit me just how little resources Black people in California have,” says Purley. “The Senator wouldn’t allow us to help people directly. People on the Hill are scared of losing their jobs. What made me fearless was this moment: my father was dead. Other Black and Brown families were losing their loved ones as well and Feinstein didn’t give a f–k. It was on our Monday afternoon staff call that I finally decided to raise the issue. I’ll never forget the date: January 17th.”

“I had come so far, I thought, and now Feinstein won,” he says. “That’s when I ate some shrooms thinking they had won. While I was on the shrooms I came to the realization of what I had to do. I put on a suit because the walls in Congress aren’t real if you wear a suit. I had just bought some Jordans the day before. I was happy as f–k. When Instagram (banned) my post I was angry. But I knew what I had to do. I had one last thing I had to do. So I took off my Jordans, took off my hoodie. I ironed my suit. I felt like I was in a f—king movie. I walked to the Hill. I was standing in front of the Capitol. My heart is racing. I had a joint in my pocket. I’m talking to cops. It made no sense to anyone but me, on shrooms. I put on some trap music. I thought of my family. I looked at my sister—she’s my screensaver on my phone. She puts up with so much s–t as a Black woman. I knew no one would ever know the s–t Feinstein does to Black people if I didn’t make it impossible to ignore.”

Purley made it past security and into the Capitol complex.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzyYkVqfCbM

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

spacemang_spliff posted:

so whataboutism is just pointing out someone's hypocrisy
I mean yes, that's precisely what it is.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1499773689042243594

Biden ran on being against the death penalty lol

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

this owns (the video, not the discrimination)

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

mcmagic posted:

he could commute every federal death row inmate to life right now if he wanted and then if a serial killer like Bill Barr ever got back into office they couldn't do anything

he wont though

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Kamala has been volunteering for a lot of tasks lately, taking a break from Doug?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

zegermans posted:

he could commute every federal death row inmate to life right now if he wanted and then if a serial killer like Bill Barr ever got back into office they couldn't do anything

he wont though

They didn't even have to do anything, this senatance was already commuted. They have actively been fighting in court to kill him. It's despicable.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Excelzior posted:

this owns (the video, not the discrimination)

I just watched it & can't stop laughing.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

This is funny but anyone willing to work for Dianne Feinstein is a complete sicko anyway.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/TheDCSentinel/status/1499843366875451393

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

its probably bad that I cant name Biden's entire cabinet like I could with Trump since I'm sure they're still doing a lot of the same evil poo poo

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

this rules

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

this is great.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

can't believe this whole time Build Back Better was referring to the police

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

:roflolmao::aslol::laugh:

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1499751543536500741?s=20&t=vLgz-lTVC2hPjtG-jjWIfQ

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Gas prices here jumped like 30 cents overnight. This will go over well...

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

zegermans posted:

he wont though

they gotta silence their pawn and sew up that whole fiasco

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

The Pussy Boss posted:

When you complain about high gas prices you are helping VLADIMIR PUTIN, please stop spreading propaganda

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

The Pussy Boss posted:

Oh, cool! More free stickers at the Costco pump!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

The Pussy Boss posted:

Wow, whataboutism right here in our very own forums

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

mcmagic posted:

Stay safe Nichael

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

criticizing america is a rhetorical technique first developed at ussr propaganda labs

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

RealityWarCriminal posted:

Stay safe Nichael

lmao has this been a thing

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

supporting a no fly zone = popularism? can we get a ruling from shor or matty on this??

https://twitter.com/goodwinmj/status/1499865935703953415?s=21

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

supporting a no fly zone = popularism? can we get a ruling from shor or matty on this??

https://twitter.com/goodwinmj/status/1499865935703953415?s=21

send troops to nato + ukraine in nato, but not send soldiers to fight or help not fight? how does that work?

also where's the thermonuclear war with russia option?

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

this doesn't actually accomplish that

your average Russian isn't going to think "we need to bring Putin down so the West will lift the sanctions that's making our lives so hard", they're going to think the West is pretty loving racist because they just up and decided that every trace of Russian culture in the English sphere needs to be expunged like it was a contagion

and they're going to draw even closer to the Russian state because once you're cut off from everyone and everything else besides the government, why would you also walk away from the government? they're your last lifeline for any kind of societal and institutional support!

and every other country is going to look at how quickly the West moved on this, against such low stakes, and they've got to be thinking "why would I want to be integrated into this economic sphere if it's just going to be used as a gun to my head the moment I step out of line?", or at least, the ones who haven't already realized that from all the other times this has happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

:vince: