Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Gunn should do Secret Six.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

chitoryu12 posted:

Chris Pratt is the bad Chris but his reaction to Yondu’s death is one of the most raw, realistic expressions of anguish I’ve ever seen. Apparently Pratt’s own father had died recently and he was using it as an outlet.

https://youtu.be/TsdW-_EXOI8

Yeah the whole movie has some powerful emotional stuff. The Nebula/Gamora relationship really hits her hard too as we have a little sister quite a bit younger than me. GoTG2 is the only movie to make her cry repeatedly. Lil sis too… hell all of us. Freakin parents man. I give her poo poo for Gilmore Girls or being short as hell but she was a great pseudo mom who did better raising us than she will ever give herself credit for. Still… she’s a tiny, tiny person.
I’ll toss that Ellis link to her as big sis does also love musicals as well so might be a good fit.

Shageletic posted:

Deadpool is fine. How about this

Have Gunn direct The Aquarian!

Holy gently caress I want this. Also the OG Adam Warlock arc would be a good series fit for Gunn. Going from a child messiah created by mad scientists, escaping and clumsily fighting his programming to trying to be an actual revolutionary hippy messiah to an alternate world, loving it up and wandering the universe gathering misfits before committing cosmic suicide to save the universe from himself then coming back from the dead to save it again from another genocidal big bad he accidentally teamed up with and helped while he was alive. He came back when I was a kid but that 70s arc is wacky stuff.

Dawgstar posted:

Especially JLU's conspiracy theorist Question.

For this and Animal Man I have an out there pick: Panos Cosmatos. Watch Mandy or Beyond the Black Rainbow. Turn that guy loose. He was also my pick for Moon Knight.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Dawgstar posted:

And it started the lifelong bromance between Gunn and Michael Rooker. :allears:

He's also head of security for the big bad in Super.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Give Gunn the Great Lakes Avengers. It's the perfect mix of goofy, heartfelt and bloody, which he seems to like.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

James Gunn's Nextwave Agents of H.A.T.E

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

cant cook creole bream posted:

Give Gunn the Great Lakes Avengers. It's the perfect mix of goofy, heartfelt and bloody, which he seems to like.

I just want a stinger where they get contacted by the Avengers and they're so excited to meet their heros only to get served a lawsuit for Trademark infringement.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Warbird posted:

Plastic Man might be a good fit, though that may be too CGI heavy to be practical.

Plastic Man who is old and been in the sun too much, so he can't really stretch much at all. If anything, he is basically notably more brittle than a fleshy person.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Slightly Absurd posted:

James Gunn's Nextwave Agents of H.A.T.E

With Warren Ellis doing the screenplays as in Castlevania.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Uh, no we don't want Warren Ellis working anymore.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

cant cook creole bream posted:

I’m down but is the Kirby Krackle song too cringe to be used? It’s a bop but a bit on the nose.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

DogsInSpace! posted:

For this and Animal Man I have an out there pick: Panos Cosmatos. Watch Mandy or Beyond the Black Rainbow. Turn that guy loose. He was also my pick for Moon Knight.

I was secretly hoping he’d get Doctor Strange 2 after the first director left. I’d love to see what he could do with a real budget and some comic property nobody cared about much.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/getFANDOM/status/1499061447325675520?s=20&t=pLXqUA9XQhMuGQQmA6gZBA

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Momoa seems like a good sport, and it was part of his cameo in Peacemaker. Seems like fair game if you're a low level entertainment reporter looking to go viral.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

The Modern Leper posted:

Momoa seems like a good sport, and it was part of his cameo in Peacemaker. Seems like fair game if you're a low level entertainment reporter looking to go viral.

I laughed.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Khanstant posted:

It's also interesting how they ultimately had Peacemaker prove he was a POS villain willing to go to violent extremes to favor his preferred in-group, like his father, by having him violate his own already flimsy moral limits. He was always willing to kill as many men, women, and children as he needed to get peace, but killing an innocent animal like the cow shows he really has no real limits or values, just kills based on how he's feeling in the moment like a cop and he's always going to back whoever he considers his blue.

Agreed.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Aphrodite posted:

Maybe you don't, but I do - and so does the So Many of Us group given that they and Ellis are actively involved in arbitration and So Many of Us flatly stated that they didn't wish to "cancel" Ellis.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
https://twitter.com/itsnhutle/status/1499525754949750792

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Mar 4, 2022

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
How about a nice big cup of

e:
Referencing this old macro, not telling you to stfu :shobon:

vvv :corsair:

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Mar 4, 2022

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Takes No Damage posted:

How about a nice big cup of

e:
Referencing this old macro, not telling you to stfu :shobon:

Haven't seen "macro" in ages.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aphrodite posted:

I've heard recently he's trying to not be a lovely person anymore.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

The Modern Leper posted:

Haven't seen "macro" in ages.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

twistedmentat posted:

I've heard recently he's trying to not be a lovely person anymore.

And I'll admit that I'm a little fuzzy on what he did that was wrong. I haven't gotten into the whole thing, but it seemed like he was having sex with a lot of fans because they were fans. So he was pretty much just doing what (mostly male) rock/movie/TV/famous-people have been doing for decades if not centuries. I'm assuming there was more to it than just that, though.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Everyone posted:

And I'll admit that I'm a little fuzzy on what he did that was wrong. I haven't gotten into the whole thing, but it seemed like he was having sex with a lot of fans because they were fans. So he was pretty much just doing what (mostly male) rock/movie/TV/famous-people have been doing for decades if not centuries. I'm assuming there was more to it than just that, though.

Gross

There are enough talented people out there waiting for their break that we don't need to retread self-acknowledged predators, especially not for popcorn entertainment

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
I would love an HBO Max Hitman/Section 8 series

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hitman is the perfect book to make into a 5 season show. I've wanted an animated Hitman show for like 20 years.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I really wanted Happy! to get a 3rd season for some halloween shenanigans

i feel like Meloni and Gunn would get along

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Senator Drinksalot posted:

I would love an HBO Max Hitman/Section 8 series

Yes that would be ........ bueno

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Everyone posted:

It seems like if you're going to talk about his rehab and cite the organization of people who came forward about what he did it's possible you should have a less fuzzy idea of what he did. As it turns out there is a whole website about it!

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Edge & Christian posted:

It seems like if you're going to talk about his rehab and cite the organization of people who came forward about what he did it's possible you should have a less fuzzy idea of what he did. As it turns out there is a whole website about it!

It's mostly that I don't care enough about it to really research it. This is pretty much true of any celebrity. I consume/watch their content, but I don't follow them on social media or really look up their histories or things like that. Basically I care about them to the extent that they're doing their "jobs" of providing me entertainment content. Beyond that, I figure their lives are their own. I don't want to get into their lives/histories because I wouldn't want anyone prying into mine.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

CelticPredator posted:

Reminder that SLiTHER is one of the best horror comedies ever made

I like it, but its nit as good as Night of the Creeps which it pretends to not be a remake of. And then there is stuff like The Blob and NOES3 (Darabont combo for the zombie connection) which overtake it where it falls out of the top ten.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

moist turtleneck posted:

I really wanted Happy! to get a 3rd season for some halloween shenanigans

i feel like Meloni and Gunn would get along

All the Grant Morrison shows are so good. I do miss Dalton from Doom Patrol though (which just pulls from Morrison constantly).

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Everyone posted:

It's mostly that I don't care enough about it to really research it. This is pretty much true of any celebrity. I consume/watch their content, but I don't follow them on social media or really look up their histories or things like that. Basically I care about them to the extent that they're doing their "jobs" of providing me entertainment content. Beyond that, I figure their lives are their own. I don't want to get into their lives/histories because I wouldn't want anyone prying into mine.

:goonsay:

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

Darko posted:

All the Grant Morrison shows are so good. I do miss Dalton from Doom Patrol though (which just pulls from Morrison constantly).

I miss him too, but Michelle Gomez (presumably) being back for season 4 will make up for it.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

I miss him too, but Michelle Gomez (presumably) being back for season 4 will make up for it.

Hang on, Michelle Gomez is on that show?

gently caress, fine! I’ll watch it.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Everyone posted:

then why is your first instinct to defend him lol this is a patriarchy trap post

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Hey guys I don't anything about this Bret Ratner fellow but I'd love another Rush Hour, so

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

thrawn527 posted:

Hang on, Michelle Gomez is on that show?

gently caress, fine! I’ll watch it.

Hey yeah what the gently caress? Now I gotta watch it too! I don't even know what the show is, I haven't read that far back in the quotes yet, but sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Jerusalem posted:

Hey yeah what the gently caress? Now I gotta watch it too! I don't even know what the show is, I haven't read that far back in the quotes yet, but sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Doom Patrol! I need to watch it too.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Doom Patrol is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Watch the first season, read the wiki for the second season, watch the third. A lot of important things are set up in the second season, and the execution of many of those things is pretty great, but the main arc was a bit of a mess even before COVID forced them to shorten the season.

Michelle Gomez is a recurring in the third season. Her plot is great, and she has amazing chemistry with April Bowlby in particular, which makes their scenes together that much more fun.