Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The Batman was really loving good and even though it went for nearly 3 hours it never felt like it dragged or meandered or got confused as to what it was doing - which I was worried about because the Planet of the Apes movies featured a lot of filler. You can tell Reeves is a big fan of modern noir detective movies. It gave me a lot of se7en, Prisoners and Zodiac vibes which at least for me is a great thing. The violence and action are understated and grounded and quite well done. Everything has impact and the score is just incredible.

The only downside is they obviously cut together something of a trailer trying to draw in the superhero popcorn crowd and it kind of took away a little bit from the awesome chase scene with the penguin because you knew what was coming. That being said the Batmobile is almost its own minor character and if you're a bit of a car bloke hearing that thing rev will get your dick hard.

It's not part of the same universe the Joker was (and it's also on its own compared to justice league / peacemaker etc) but I definitely felt like the two came from the same gotham if that makes sense? The Joker very much felt like it could serve as a prequel given the way this movie was done. The Batsuit and cat woman are all very barn door engineered as if some smart people made the best with the tech you could buy at a store rather than having mcguffins from wayne enterprises.

It's the kinda movie that benefited from the cinema with the sound and big screen but it'll serve as a really good movie on a rainy night at home too because it's very much a detective movie with moments of action rather than an action movie with a couple of detective scenes like the Nolan bat.

I went with a massive batman comic nerd and he loved it too, so I think it holds the torch really well if you're one of those traditionalists who hated the snyderverse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

T-Square posted:

I was just about to say, who the gently caress

E: On the LEGO thing I was going to be pedantic about it as well but then I realized they have to make the wheels to go with the tires also

I think I got lumped into the "didn't like it category" because I wasn't a massive fan until I realized it was more new Assassin's Creed than OoT or Wind Waker, and then it clicked for me

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Currently in Vegas again. Done with meetings but I'm stuck on my hotel room doing work until 5pm....... Wish I had requested today off!

My wife and I are flying out to Vegas tomorrow. We somehow booked 3 nights at The Venetian + direct airfare both ways for like $700 during the height of omicron back in January.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I am excited to watch the Batman

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Salvor_Hardin posted:

My wife and I are flying out to Vegas tomorrow. We somehow booked 3 nights at The Venetian + direct airfare both ways for like $700 during the height of omicron back in January.

That's a really good deal. I'm actually here tonight on a comped night, and work paid for yesterday night, hehe.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

You may already know but if not The Cannons released a new EP last night on Spotify

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
This Gran Turismo 7 download is going to take forever :(

Then the subsequent update download will take forever :(

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Rectal Placenta posted:

This Gran Turismo 7 download is going to take forever :(

Then the subsequent update download will take forever :(

I’m going to start it when I get home from work in the am then I’m going fishing. Then to the bars. I hope I can play, slightly drunk, later in the evening. I’m very excited. Gonna be like the late 90s again, but with booze.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

LeeMajors posted:

I’m going to start it when I get home from work in the am then I’m going fishing. Then to the bars. I hope I can play, slightly drunk, later in the evening. I’m very excited. Gonna be like the late 90s again, but with booze.

Hell yeah :hfive:

The Gran Turismo series has a very nostalgic spot in my heart, but I'm also immediately depressed that this the 25th anniversary and I'm old now damnit

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Rectal Placenta posted:

Hell yeah :hfive:

The Gran Turismo series has a very nostalgic spot in my heart, but I'm also immediately depressed that this the 25th anniversary and I'm old now damnit

Yeah same. Lots of hours tweaking old Yotas and 60s Nissans and poo poo. Lovely game series. I hope this lives up to the old ones. I think GT5 has been my favorite of the series.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

LeeMajors posted:

Yeah same. Lots of hours tweaking old Yotas and 60s Nissans and poo poo. Lovely game series. I hope this lives up to the old ones. I think GT5 has been my favorite of the series.

There was some, I don't even know if I should call it an exploit in GT3 where after you got an F1 car you could attach rubber bands to your controller so it steered to the right and just win the Indy 500 for cash or whatever by holding down the acceleration button while you did something else. No crash mechanics so you just bumped along the wall faster than the AI could keep up with. I think I may have worked out a way to keep the acceleration going on its own too.

That's not the dumbest thing I've ever done to cheese advancement in a game, but it's up there.

I'm not a huge car guy but the GT games are up there with flight sims as just being freaking pretty. Everything looks so good.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

LeeMajors posted:

Either way I’m glad they did a good job and that Bob is still with us. He’s a treasure.

I’ve been doing a re-watch of Breaking Bad and last night I got to the episode with the scene, which I completely memory holed, where he says he once convinced a woman he was Kevin Costner and it killed me lol.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Its Rinaldo posted:

You may already know but if not The Cannons released a new EP last night on Spotify

I didn't know but thank you for telling me!

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
The Batman was pretty good. I still kinda like Batman Begins a bit more, but it was a very functional Batman and Robert Pattinson being awkward as gently caress really worked for the character.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Dang I could meet up with y'all in Vegas but my parents are visiting this weekend and I'll be pretty busy attending to that.

Also it would probably be awkward as hell. Never meet your heroes, as they say

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Bring em with you

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

touring a house tomorrow and i want it so bad

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/102-Shadowlawn-Dr-Asheville-NC-28806/5603300_zpid/

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Play posted:

Dang I could meet up with y'all in Vegas but my parents are visiting this weekend and I'll be pretty busy attending to that.

Also it would probably be awkward as hell. Never meet your heroes, as they say

Now I really wanna meet your parents

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I loved BotW, what the gently caress.

It's Majora's Mask that sucks rear end

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Nice place! Loving that outdoor living space.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Don’t fall in love with a house before you even see it. Will make you look past big flaws if there are any.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

its me, i'm the guy who dislikes all zelda games

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

There was some, I don't even know if I should call it an exploit in GT3 where after you got an F1 car you could attach rubber bands to your controller so it steered to the right and just win the Indy 500 for cash or whatever by holding down the acceleration button while you did something else. No crash mechanics so you just bumped along the wall faster than the AI could keep up with. I think I may have worked out a way to keep the acceleration going on its own too.

That's not the dumbest thing I've ever done to cheese advancement in a game, but it's up there.

I'm not a huge car guy but the GT games are up there with flight sims as just being freaking pretty. Everything looks so good.

Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak car, changing the controls so that “accelerate” was left on the right stick, and enough rubber band to tie them together. It worked, somehow.

The first online community I joined was for Gran Turismo stuff sometime between GT2 and 3, so you can guess why I’ve been so damned hyped for a while.

Even on PS4, it’s living up to expectations. Go check out the thread in Games too, the Goon Turismo guys are starting up Monday night online races soon.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Christ I might move to Asheville

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

a neat cape posted:

Thank you!

It’s such an awkward story.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Addie's gonna love that yard

The patio whips rear end too

The only downside is no sex dungeon out of nowhere like the usual zillow links in the chat thread

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
What's video games

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I like the basement but that kitchen looks really narrow.

Not as narrow as the one my wife and I saw where the stove couldn't open up without hitting the opposite wall though! Realtor on site said "oh yeah, you could just rip out this wall here." Like... no dude.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The only part of The Batman that dragged for me was when while in the hospital, Alfred confirms the truth between Thomas Wayne & Carmine Falcone. Otherwise I thought it was an enjoyable flick. Helped that I was a big fan of The Long Halloween storyline.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
God I wish real estate were like that in Chicago

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

lol my brother bought a house in morganton a few years ago for like 80 grand and it's work 100k more now. this whole area is insane.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Bird in a Blender posted:

Don’t fall in love with a house before you even see it. Will make you look past big flaws if there are any.

Not with Momma Fashizzle there I won't

that woman can ruin enthusiasm for anything

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Quiet Feet posted:

I like the basement but that kitchen looks really narrow.

Not as narrow as the one my wife and I saw where the stove couldn't open up without hitting the opposite wall though! Realtor on site said "oh yeah, you could just rip out this wall here." Like... no dude.

Yeah that's all the older houses in this part of town. The house I'm in right now is like half that size. It's horrible. Also I'm not sure there's a garbage disposal in this picture.

Kitchen would be the first big change. Like this kitchen wall is just nonsensical.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

The listing agent is named McCorkle. It's a sign.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

Not with Momma Fashizzle there I won't

that woman can ruin enthusiasm for anything

Went through this with my mom while I was looking

“Hey check this place out I like it”

“Yeah the windows look lovely and there’s some brown stuff on the ground I think it’s mold”

“Mom that’s dirt in the yard”

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

a neat cape posted:

Majora's Mask is a loving technical achievement because the team tasked with making it was told "you have 1 year to make this, we aren't delaying the game" which is why all they reused all the assets from OoT, and made a smaller map using the 3 day time thing to make it so that you'd see the map in different ways.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

a neat cape posted:

Ah I remembered which one you hated wrong my bad

Majora's Mask is the other one people try to convince everyone is the best ever along with Ocarina and both have aged really badly

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Intruder posted:

Majora's Mask is the other one people try to convince everyone is the best ever along with Ocarina and both have aged really badly

I will acknowledge that Ocarina has aged a lot but its still my favorite Zelda and I don't care if it's 100% nostalgia

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Intruder posted:

I’m replaying ocarina with my son rn. The way it feels oldest is the camera. Considering what 3d cameras became, it sucks, but for what it represents on the path to getting us where we are now, it’s fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Intruder posted:

Addie's gonna love that yard

The patio whips rear end too

The only downside is no sex dungeon out of nowhere like the usual zillow links in the chat thread

That's cause he hasn't moved in yet