Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

That dress looks like she Scarlett O'Hara'd a sheet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Invisible Clergy posted:

From your post, I feel like we're on the same page and you're not trying to frame any of this as like, a gotcha. That one. Do that one. Assigning gender associations with arbitrary objects or activities is dumb and no one should do it. I know it's a bit of a process killing the mean dad in your head calling you slurs for cleaning under your fingernails or mailing someone a birthday card, but it doesn't mean doing it is pointless. They do it in Denmark by desegregating the toy aisle and letting kids of any gender buy houses or trucks or nerf guns and nothing terrible has happened.

Oh, absolutely. 100% on the same page; apologies if that wasn't completely clear, typed word is a lovely medium at its best and also I'm Australian which means that I'm part of a proud group of people for whom "yeah, nah, yeah" is a contextually appropriate answer to something, and also we tend to frame a lot of our agreeing responses in the form of a "Yes, however ***" where *** is either additional supporting information or a more granular dive into something that the other person already touched upon.

Invisible Clergy posted:

To me, it does sound ridiculous because I choose not to view arbitrary things as gendered. I know not everyone feels that way, but I find it a much more pleasant way to live versus worrying everyone will take away my man card if I use an umbrella, wash my hands after using a bathroom, or decorate a pumpkin or whatever.

Sarongs are a great example. In India, for example, men and women both wear them, so they don't have a gendered association, but I gather from context this is not true in Australia. Associations can also be changed over time, like many women wear pants in everyday life so they have over the last 100 years or so lost their association of being a masculine object and now are neutral like a watch or hat. This is the ideal for all things.

Yeah, nah, yeah. I agree it's ridiculous, and I'm (thankfully) not one of those dudes that has to fear losing their 'man card' or anything like that. Living your life hyperaware of having to keep the mask up 100% of the time and never betray any weakness or do something that others regard as 'unmanly' sounds exhausting, and frankly self-destructive.

One time about 15 years ago I brought in a birthday cake that I'd baked to work in an office where supplying your own cake on your birthday was the culture, and upon learning that I'd baked it myself one of my co-workers (a lady of about 60 years of age) very cuttingly remarked "you'll make someone a wonderful wife someday" (there was absolutely nothing genial or well-meaning about her tone). I didn't say anything at the time (partially because why give someone like that the satisfaction and partially because I was really loving timid at the time), but now I'm torn between wishing I had my current level of self-confidence and just snatched the plate of cake out of her hand and binned it, or just pitying her, because way to dunk on someone by essentially saying "Ha! You are bad because you did something associated with women, of which I am a group member".

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

When I was a college, there was a guy in my circle who'd lost an eye as an infant (cancer), and had had to get new eyes made as he grew. One day I'd just made a sundae at campus dining and I came back and found his eye on top of it. I just said "This one's yours now" and went back to make myself a fresh one. He was very disappointed. (This was how I found out he had a glass eye; I hadn't known before.)

I really don't understand why people do this. Its not like you can just pop the eye back in, you have to go to the bathroom and wash the eye/your hands for a not funny prank. I know they are trying to weird peoppe out but it seems like more trouble than its worth.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Miserable Maid posted:

A few pages back, but.... Holy poo poo, you're a stupid one

1/10. You get points for typing out a sentence, even if it's incomplete. The argument is lacking though. You should try reading deeper into the post or maybe making some reaches. If you do it right, you can pull others into the argument and drag it on for a few pages before someone yells MODS?!.

AITA for turning off my hearing aids?

quote:

I am hoh (hard of hearing meaning I have moderate hearing loss but can technically hear) and use hearing aids. I’m 18 and have been told to expect total hearing loss by 30 “if I’m lucky” it doesn’t really bother me to lose my hearing because I have plenty of time to adapt and learn asl. I was recently fitted for hearing aids and use them at work so I can hear the customers but I don’t like them much. It’s hard to describe but it’s like hearing wrong. Either way it gets the job done. My whole family is hearing and none of them except my brother know asl and I’m primarily only using asl at home to learn faster. It doesn’t bother my parents and they help me practice lip reading (I’m not very good but I’m working on it) and are starting to learn sign as well.

However the problem comes with my uncles and their families. My whole family is visiting and staying at our house and have complained to my parents about the amount of noise I make and me ignoring them. When I got my hearing aids I flat out told my parents that I refused to wear them at home because I don’t like them and my dad and stepmom have been very supportive. I’m not ignoring them intentionally but they talk to me while I’m not looking at them and then get mad when I can’t hear them. They’ve told me to wear my hearing aids so they can talk to me and I told them to learn sign, I don’t want to wear them at home.

When we went out to dinner I put in my hearing aids (reluctantly but my sister in law was coming and I enjoy speaking to her and helping her practice sign) and during dinner my uncles wife said I shouldn’t do that because it looks ghetto like hang signs (we’re white so that’s wrong for a few reasons) I ended up turning off my hearing aids and having my brother interpret to the waitress and my sister in law for me. When we got home all of my extended family and my grandma said that I was incredibly rude and was being a spoilt child for turning off my hearing aids. I don’t think I’m an rear end in a top hat but am I?

This kid owns.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Absurd Alhazred posted:

These two pieces of poo poo (OP and her husband) were meant for each other.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for asking someone to stop watching a movie

quote:

Before saying YTA please read through.

On my plane ride today (5 hrs) I was in the middle seat in economy. About halfway through the flight, the person directly in front of me reclined their seat all the way back. This gave me full view of the person sitting to the left of the person in front of me…

Who was watching a movie that made me very uncomfortable.

Originally I tried to close my eyes, but I just kept picturing what was going on. When I opened my eyes, they were still watching the movie.

Honestly, I started to sob in my seat a little since I was having a panic attack so I got up and went to the back of the plane. The flight attendants asked what’s wrong and I explained the situation. They recommended I ask the guy in front of me to move their seat back to block my view or ask the person watching the movie to potentially move their seat back as well or change what they are watching.

I did the latter and the guy turned around and told me I shouldn’t be a Karen and tell him what he can or can’t watch. When I explained the imagery was uncomfortable and I’m fine for him to continue watching if he moves his seat back so I can’t see, he refused.

A flight attendant actually came over and asked him to stop watching it as well since, “that movie was getting removed from flights due to complaints for prior passengers.”

AITA for asking him? I feel awful but I did give him the option to continue watching.

Extra Info: This was a completely full flight so I couldn’t have moved/changed seats. The flight attendant I spoke to said this movie had been getting similar complaints since other adults and even children were being forced to watch it.

the movie was No Country for Old Men

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Mx. posted:

Were they traumatised by Javier Bardem's hair?

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

limp_cheese posted:

I really don't understand why people do this. Its not like you can just pop the eye back in, you have to go to the bathroom and wash the eye/your hands for a not funny prank. I know they are trying to weird peoppe out but it seems like more trouble than its worth.

Yes, if you think that's funny, it sounds a lot more convenient to just carry a :10bux: novelty eye in your pocket.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Breetai posted:

Oh, absolutely. 100% on the same page; apologies if that wasn't completely clear, typed word is a lovely medium at its best and also I'm Australian which means that I'm part of a proud group of people for whom "yeah, nah, yeah" is a contextually appropriate answer to something, and also we tend to frame a lot of our agreeing responses in the form of a "Yes, however ***" where *** is either additional supporting information or a more granular dive into something that the other person already touched upon.
Cool; I figured, I just want to check. I try to make a habit of giving people the benefit of the doubt when talking about politics on the internet. I appreciate you doing the same and clarifying your intent. That's also part of why I asked; while I am studying linguistics formally, I don't know a whole lot of Australian people well, and wanted to fill in those exact ambiguities.

quote:

Yeah, nah, yeah. I agree it's ridiculous, and I'm (thankfully) not one of those dudes that has to fear losing their 'man card' or anything like that. Living your life hyperaware of having to keep the mask up 100% of the time and never betray any weakness or do something that others regard as 'unmanly' sounds exhausting, and frankly self-destructive.
I'm not either now that I'm an adult living on my own outside my lovely hometown in the middle of chud country, but unfortunately, most guys don't get a choice. Like, even if I'm personally comfortable leaving the house carrying a purse in a real city, there are places where I would choose not to do this not because I think it's shameful or carrying an object makes me a woman, but because I know that doing so is likely to me being physically attacked. I know it's not like flipping a switch and takes some people longer than others to get to that place but I agree it's a much more comfortable way to live. It is both of those things. Bill Burr has an entire routine about it if you like his standup.

quote:

One time about 15 years ago I brought in a birthday cake that I'd baked to work in an office where supplying your own cake on your birthday was the culture, and upon learning that I'd baked it myself one of my co-workers (a lady of about 60 years of age) very cuttingly remarked "you'll make someone a wonderful wife someday" (there was absolutely nothing genial or well-meaning about her tone). I didn't say anything at the time (partially because why give someone like that the satisfaction and partially because I was really loving timid at the time), but now I'm torn between wishing I had my current level of self-confidence and just snatched the plate of cake out of her hand and binned it, or just pitying her, because way to dunk on someone by essentially saying "Ha! You are bad because you did something associated with women, of which I am a group member".
Yeah, a lot of misogynists are women. Marginalized groups will often attack themselves to curry favor with their oppressors, basic one of the guys/pickme/cool girl/ you can say slurs in front of me/ one of the good ones/ etc poo poo. While obviously the ideal is the acid vat, it's hard to think of a worse punishment for such individuals than being exactly who they are and be forced to live within those strictures entirely of their own making. They are unworthy of pity. Hope you enjoyed the cake.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Kuiperdolin posted:

Yes, if you think that's funny, it sounds a lot more convenient to just carry a :10bux: novelty eye in your pocket.

I'm hoping it was one of his old eyes that didn't fit him anymore. Prosthetic eyes don't seem like something you will have a lot of but you go through them quicker than you would think.

In 15 years I've lost 1 and had at least 6 more made for me, and I'll be getting another one in a couple of weeks.

This is also assuming someone doesn't go full "Last Action Hero" and get a bunch of custom ones made. Personally I find that too ostentatious. I'm happy with mine that you can't tell are fake until my iris starts glowing blue.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

limp_cheese posted:

I'm happy with mine that you can't tell are fake until my iris starts glowing blue.

Wait, what? :eyepop:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

limp_cheese posted:

This is also assuming someone doesn't go full "Last Action Hero" and get a bunch of custom ones made. Personally I find that too ostentatious. I'm happy with mine that you can't tell are fake until my iris starts glowing blue.

Sandi Toksvig tells a story about her grandfather who had a "drinking eye" that was bloodshot. He'd put it in and say "I'm going out and I won't be back until they match."

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for asking for my breastmilk back?

quote:

Long story short but I had someone who I thought was my friend ask for my breastmilk for jewelry to be made. At first I was all for it, but after we stopped being friends I realized very quickly the friendship was very toxic. As in she told me she wanted my next child to be born with her sons disability, and escalating fights I would have with my husband. Which felt like she was doing only because we rarely argue and her husband isn’t the best. It was a lot of her complaining about her husband/issues and I spent most of the friendship hating how I never got to have a bad day since hers were always worse.

She blocked me after I informed her I no longer wanted to be friends since she yet again tried to talk down my husband and didn’t even care that she was rude. Fast forward to today when I remembered she had my milk for jewelry and I don’t feel comfortable with her using it anymore. Considering how things ended, especially since she’s telling people it’s hers. I just don’t like knowing she has it and is using it, after everything that transpired. Someone informed me her piece was done and in her post she said it was her milk. Which I don’t really care about too much but knowing someone like her has my hard pumped milk is just not sitting right by me. So am I the rear end in a top hat?

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

AITA for asking my girlfriend if she can chew less loudly?

quote:

I (28m) have been with my girlfriend (29f) for a little over a year. After spending time together on trips, at each other homes, and weekends together—we decided it was time to move in together. She is beautiful, kind, and a great person.

She moved into my house recently. For the most part, it is lovely.

She knows I am autistic and for the most part am willing to work with her or make compromises. But she knows noise is a hard stimulus for me. I have noise cancelling headphones but they aren’t always around or charged.

As we live together, I noticed she chews so loudly at the dinner table. Very loudly. She gulps loudly as she drinks water as if she has never drank water before. Every time. Ive gently asked if it could be a health thing. Or have tried bringing her snacks throughout the day so maybe she isn’t eating so quickly when we eat dinner.

So I’ve tried to suggest us watching tv after I cook for us, so it drowns out the noise.

I’ve also asked her if she could chew more softly.

Each time I ask, or I suggest tv, she gets upset and says I’m being an a-hole. She feels as if it’s a fatphobia thing and she feels like she can’t eat around me.

I love cooking for her. I don’t want anyone to feel like they can’t eat around me. But I’m really close to just eating in my room. Problem is sometimes I hear her eating through the wall. And I also want that time to hear about her work day, her family, and friends.

AITA for asking her if she could eat more quietly?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Mx. posted:

When I saw that in theaters there was a couple down the row that brought a 4 or 5 year old kid. He looked positively distraught

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Vim Fuego posted:

When I saw that in theaters there was a couple down the row that brought a 4 or 5 year old kid. He looked positively distraught

I love the Alamo Drafthouse: no kids.

WIBTA For Getting Mad Over A Guest Eating My Leftover Pizza

quote:

I (21m) live with my mom (59f), who likes to help out friends and family in need, occasionally including letting them stay in the guest room if they need a place to stay. Yesterday night she let a guy stay the night, and hang out during the day (was on his laptop so I assume he was working). I don't know who this guy is, even his name, and only interacted with him with a "hello" when I went downstairs yesterday and saw him on the couch.

Earlier this week my family (myself, mom, and sister (19f)) ordered Dominoes for dinner, to which we have some leftover, but my mom and sister go out for dinner on Wednesdays and usually bring me back something (steak this time), so I still have most of the pizza left over. There was 3 slices of cheese and 3 of meat, both being mine since my mom only wanted half a vegi pizza and my sister only likes the pasta from Dominoes.

Today I went downstairs to heat up the leftovers, and saw that 2 of the meat slices were gone, which are my favorite. My mom cant eat red meat, and my sister doesn't like the pizza, so clearly they didn't eat it, which only leaves the stranger.

Apparently my mom had told him to "help himself" to the fridge (which was my initial assumption), which does technically include the pizza, but to me it seems rude to take leftovers from another person's house that you weren't even a part of even with permission to the fridge.

Now, I know that it's not a huge deal, but it is a bummer to me especially as someone with autism, because I like to eat food in a specific order (my favorite gets eaten last), but I cant have the final 2 slices of pizza be both meat now.

Just curious if this is irrational, and the permission should negate the issue. I plan to bring it up with my mom after work just so for the future at least she doesn't give permission to my food, but I don't want her to invite this person again. Personally, if I was given permission to someone else's fridge, I would just make a sandwich or something, and not touch anything leftover without permission, or at least having been part of the original meal.

Edit: To clarify, he was only a stranger to me. I have no idea how or how long my mom knows him. And it doesn't happen often, I do mean "occasionally". I can only think of it happening a few times over the past year.

Edit 2: I know at this point that he wasn't in the wrong. I don't personally agree with it but I can't be mad over him eating the pizza. Will just ask my mom to mention if something in the fridge was for me :)

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Invisible Clergy posted:

I love the Alamo Drafthouse: no kids.

Oh he was perfectly behaved. Quiet, but haunted.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Oh, well that's good. I like the policy of that theater chain not allowing children in r-rated movies not just for my personal convenience, but also to prevent at least some small contingent of people from dragging their toddler to "Hostel" or whatever even if they do keep their mouths shut.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Toss him into the pool with the amorous couple? Two birds, one stone.

:chloe:

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
No Country is more mentally disturbing than visually for the most part but it does start with that brutal bloody strangulation and then the other guy with the cow de-brainer thing. I suppose if you think the whole movie will continue to be that bloody you might check out early, but in context, it’s really just to establish Anton as a terrifying force so you know nothing good will come from him. Good flick, let the guy watch it unless he’s literally forcing a child to watch it.

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

value-brand cereal posted:

1/10. You get points for typing out a sentence, even if it's incomplete. The argument is lacking though. You should try reading deeper into the post or maybe making some reaches. If you do it right, you can pull others into the argument and drag it on for a few pages before someone yells MODS?!.

I wasn't trying to start a detail, I just genuinely hate your bitchmade attitude. People like you are how white supremacists were able to get people frightened of the 'Okay' hand.

Quackles posted:

Yes, please tell us about your incredible robo eye, that sounds amazing!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Vim Fuego posted:

Pretty much everything up to R rated horror movies has parents bringing in way too young kids who if you're lucky they'll actually take out of the cinema when they start loudly crying.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Pretty much everything up to R rated horror movies has parents bringing in way too young kids who if you're lucky they'll actually take out of the cinema when they start loudly crying.

Do you know how expensive a babysitter is?! Therapy bills are a later problem. :smith:

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Didn't some parents bring their newborn to the Batman movie the night of the shooting in Aurora?

AITA for wanting to blow out my own birthday candles?

quote:

I know that this is petty, but it’s been a pain in the rear end for the past 5 years.

I have a cousin who we’ll call Willa (not her real name). She is 7. Every year since she was two or so, Willa always has to blow out my birthday candles and no one is allowed to tell her no because she is the baby of the family.

Last summer I (F) turned 15 and I tried to gently push Willa away from my cake when I was going to blow out the candles. It is still a few months until my 16th birthday but I want to blow out my own candles. I only have a couple more birthdays before I’m an adult and I want to enjoy them. I’ve always hated birthdays, and the little brat blowing out my candles makes it worse.

I said to my mom that I didn’t want to have my birthday at my aunt and uncles house like I usually do because of Willa. My mom said that I’m being ridiculous because she’s a perfect little angel baby who should do whatever she wants. Yesterday was my aunt’s (Willa’s mom) birthday and Willa blew out her candles. Willa also does it every year when it’s her sister’s birthday.

AITA for wanting to blow out my own candles?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Cowslips Warren posted:

Didn't some parents bring their newborn to the Batman movie the night of the shooting in Aurora?

AITA for wanting to blow out my own birthday candles?

Wow, OP's Mom's Golden Child isn't even one of her own children. :smith:

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

An old pal of mine saw a 6-year-old (he asked the father) when he went to see 300 at the theater.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Wow, OP's Mom's Golden Child isn't even one of her own children. :smith:

I've seen this happen before in one... possibly fake but still believable E/N thread where the mom adopted an orphaned cousin and immediately spoiled him rotten at the expense of her own children like a reverse Harry Potter. He of course ended up an obese, unemployable manchild.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I saw Jurassic Park when I was 10. That night I hallucinated a TV at the foot of my bed playing the scary parts, and then as I went to the bathroom a raptor jumped me from the side room I had to go past.

Sleep apnea nightmares are fun, I'm really glad I don't have those any more. I don't know if traditional sleepwalking is like that because it's always depicted as someone unconscious, but I was lucid moving through the real world with part of my brain insisting dream stuff was going on. Not quite a visual hallucination, more like fighting my own imagination but in a way/dreamstate where I couldn't use reality as an argument.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I've seen this happen before in one... possibly fake but still believable E/N thread where the mom adopted an orphaned cousin and immediately spoiled him rotten at the expense of her own children like a reverse Harry Potter. He of course ended up an obese, unemployable manchild.

The Amazing Human Cuckoo

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

mediaphage posted:

there we go. if DUDE WIPES can be a successful brand, so can this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZRzJJcq6Rs

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Manpons. They're tampons you jam between your cheeks to help with swamp rear end. Then you reach back and yank that sucker out like you're starting up a lawnmower or something and chuck that bad boy in the bin. MANPONS.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Friend said I stole her boyfriend in front of a bunch of friends after years of saying she had no problem with me dating her ex

quote:

TL;DR "Friend said I stole her boyfriend in front of a bunch of friends after years of saying she had no problem with me dating her ex"

I (25F) met my husband (27M) ten years ago on a trip. We exchanged our phone numbers and we were in touch for a few months until I stopped contacting him because my mom forced me to stop talking to him. She thought it was inappropriate talking to him since I was fifteen and he was almost eighteen, also he was from another country and she thought he might be dangerous.

Three years later he moved to my country to study and he met my friend (26F) at college and they started dating, in fact they dated for a few months. And I told her that it was awkward for me since she knew that I met him years ago and that I really liked him. Well, she told me that she understood but that she was in love and that she really wanted to make it work, and for that to work she basically forbade me to have anything to do with him at the time. We only had dinner together once and he of course recognized me and we talked a lot about the past and that annoyed my friend so I never saw him again until he messaged me on Instagram.

I started texting him as friends without telling my friend. And I'm not lying when I say that although I liked him, I just wanted to be his friend. I never thought that he would break up with my friend for me, but he did. He broke up with her and a few months later he told me that he liked me and that he actually liked me since the day we met. I told my friend because I thought it would be the right thing to do, and she told me that she didn't care that I had a relationship with him because after all her relationship with him wasn't even that serious.

We started dating and six years later we are still together, we got married, and we have a newborn baby. And all of our friends came over to meet our daughter and that's when my friend said something like "good thing you stole my boyfriend years ago because you two make really cute babies" and that was supposed to be a joke but nobody laughed, and she kept talking to make the moment even more awkward, if that was possible. She said "no hard feelings, I'm glad you did because like I said before you guys make cute babies" and then I told her that I never stole from her boyfriend and that I didn't find her compliment funny. Then she got serious and said that I did steal her boyfriend because the last time they had sex he called her by my name and that's why they broke up, that it was always about me and that's why their relationship was ruined.

My husband, clearly uncomfortable, told her that that was irrelevant because it happened years ago and she didn't like that answer because she just laughed and told him that of course it is not relevant to him because he was not the one who was used. And then asked him how would he feel if when we have sex I imagine one of his friends. And I didn't know what to say because during these years they maintained a normal relationship. We never talked about the past and that made their relationship less awkward I guess. But now they were talking about things they shouldn't in front of all our friends while they were at our house to meet our four week old baby, so loving awkward.

My husband cut her off and told her that he wouldn't waste his time talking about that, and she got mad and after apologizing to me she left and I don't know how to feel to be honest. Six years ago I didn't care to know that they had sex and that they were a couple but now knowing that made me sick to my stomach. And knowing that I was the cause of them breaking up didn't make me feel any better either.

My husband said that he apologized when that happened and that I shouldn't feel bad about causing them to break up, because they weren't compatible and their relationship had no future so they were going to break up sooner or later. But that's not comforting, I feel like I'm a horrible person for being so selfish to put my own happiness above my friendship, could this mess be fixed? And if so, how?

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Miserable Maid posted:

I wasn't trying to start a detail, I just genuinely hate your bitchmade attitude. People like you are how white supremacists were able to get people frightened of the 'Okay' hand.

Yes, please tell us about your incredible robo eye, that sounds amazing!

You are being incredibly normal about posts on the internet about legitimate racial slurs. In no way do I think you're a racist moron about actual real life irl antiblackness. Keep up the good work.

Batterypowered7 posted:

Manpons. They're tampons you jam between your cheeks to help with swamp rear end. Then you reach back and yank that sucker out like you're starting up a lawnmower or something and chuck that bad boy in the bin. MANPONS.

Ehh, too phallic. Sanitary napkins would work, but only blue colored so companies can make thick blue line references.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Batterypowered7 posted:

The ting you are describing is actually called a "muffler". At least it is by Dusty Rhodes.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Mx. posted:

AITA for asking for my breastmilk back?

quote:

ask for my breastmilk for jewelry to be made

WTF???

Is that a... thing... anywhere?

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Cloacamazing! posted:

WTF???

Is that a... thing... anywhere?

Gotta stay hydrated. Jewelry making is hard work

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Invisible Clergy posted:

Bill Burr has an entire routine about it if you like his standup.

Is there a recorded special on Netflix with it? I'm always up for some good standup.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Quackles posted:

Turns out when it comes to the color in fake eyes the only limit is your imagination. Once one of them told me glow in the dark paint was no big deal I knew I had to have one. The one I should be getting in a couple of weeks is a green glow in the dark iris so my left eye will be blue and my right eye green that glows.

I'm still a little sad I couldn't get a mirror big enough in my eye to make it worth it.

I'm kind of picky about my eye fashion it turns out.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

limp_cheese posted:

Turns out when it comes to the color in fake eyes the only limit is your imagination. Once one of them told me glow in the dark paint was no big deal I knew I had to have one. The one I should be getting in a couple of weeks is a green glow in the dark iris so my left eye will be blue and my right eye green that glows.

I'm still a little sad I couldn't get a mirror big enough in my eye to make it worth it.

I'm kind of picky about my eye fashion it turns out.

Do they make a version that's just a mini disco ball?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Breetai posted:

Is there a recorded special on Netflix with it? I'm always up for some good standup.

It's probably from a longer special, but here's the clip about how exhausting policing yourself for innocuous behavior all the time is (cw: homophobic slurs)

AITA for my food issue?

quote:

I’m autistic so I have issues with different foods so I normally stick for what I like at lunch. I’m an intern at a place that has catered lunches once a week. Normally a vegan and meat option. The problem is that many of these foods aren’t to my taste because I don’t like to try new things. The other problem is that the food is ethnic and my coworkers have labeled me as racist because I complained about lack of food for my issues. Simple sandwich and plain potato chips would be fine.

This has been going on for about 3 months. Now I have found myself in HR office because of discrimination. People are getting more offended that I said I have more options for me and my sensory issues but I was told I can pack my own lunch. A few coworkers said I was purposely trying to be racist against other cultures food. I told HR they should make reasonable accommodations for my diet also.

Now my manager responded by having no free catered food and everyone seems to hate me. I’m was just saying sometimes I can’t eat it and maybe someone should have thought of that. Now everyone think I’m racist because I didn’t like other types of food and refused to try them I tried explaining that I’m autistic but the response was no more food.

Invisible Clergy fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Mar 5, 2022