Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Majere posted:

There's a whole lot of lore about the Gardener and the Winnower. Assumed to be immutable forces beyond comprehension and our universe. Most likely characterizations of entropy, and the origins of the Vex. I don't know if it's ever specifically stated that the Traveler IS the Gardener or an agent/physical manifestation there of. And now we have the Witness who may or may not be the Winnower from the lore or another actor carrying out the goal of total entropy.

On the grand scale it boils down to Order and Disorder. Disorder being life and free choice, Order being an even void. Not necessarily Good or Evil as your point of view can change from either side. The Vex got their name from the Winnower because it could not eliminate their pattern from creation. It always spontaneously emerged from the void. The worms being agents of Evil used the Krill to further the Winnowers plans of eliminating troublesome "Life" from the universe(which they did with great success), much like our new Witness character using the Black Fleet of pyramid ships. The Traveler seems to float around making sure civilizations survive, helping them in different ways, known or not, bestowing powers, or not. You could argue that the Traveler is evil for abandoning the Fallen, but they still survived. Savathun's goal has always been the continuation of her species, but as we know now the Darkness just got there first and told her that the only way for that was to kill everything else. The Traveler will never pass a chance to keep another civilization alive, especially if Savathun embraces the light. Whether the Krill/Hive continue to be Evil or switch to Good is irrelevant, as long as they survive.

We just happen to be at a point where both entities(and the Nine) are looking at the same place/time for some reason.

When are we getting new darkness classes?! I assume it's not until after they finish reworking Solar and Arc this year...

Has it ever been directly stated that the Darkness caused the Eliksni Whirlwind?

Because I'm partial to the idea (with nothing to back it up), that they caused it themselves after the Traveler left.

Feels like it would make their story more unique. Not just another civilization wrecked by the Darkness/Hive/whatever, but cursed by their own hubris.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Taken King-era lore strongly implies the Traveler left the Fallen because Oryx attacked

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

filmcynic posted:

I've been trying to keep focused crafting on the back burner and am just gathering materials/swapping grindable weapons until the next few war table upgrades open up. The unlock that guarantees a red border drop on the first engram of each week should help things a bit.

FWIW focusing engrams to specific weapons at the table seems to give a lot of deepsight resonance weapons, even without the guarantee upgrade.

Evilgm posted:

I need 2000 Neutral Elements to upgrade one perk
It takes 300 for a normal perk.

The element perk caps seem strangely low, and the need for the considerably-more-rare Ascendant Alloys to use them renders them kinda superfluous. I'm not thrilled at having to grind 15-20 minute missions over and over just for a chance at a single Alloy, especially when there's so much other stuff to get done.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/bungiehelp/status/1499793374408105990?s=21

Rip

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Waiting for all the "can't fix Rahool but can nerf glaive." complaints online.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

There was one of those like 2 replies down lol

They’re right to complain imo

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

harrygomm fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jun 22, 2022

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
They've had a lot of work put in for the system where they can turn off certain mods and perks, I'm not that surprised it's happened again at short notice. Whereas something like Rahool not selling alloys on the second week of a new system in place is a one-off kind of thing and probably needs more specific QA and procedures in place

Spaghetti code is putting it mildly, wasn't there a recent bug where a very specific item wasn't working for players who didn't own a very specific season from like Shadowkeep

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

harrygomm posted:

i see a message in orange text that says: you’re at 250/250 for this element, if you choose to extract you’ll gain nothing

playing on xbox

I think the message pops up if extracting would put you over 250, it says "You are at or near your max for this item." I've seen it on ones at 248.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
There's also the thing where all vendor armour has identical minimum rolls, or Glaives being a huge mess of sometimes working perks and interactions. It's fascinating seeing what breaks when and why and how. A long time ago there was a Steam game that had some kind of networking issue that no one could figure out until a Valve employee randomly came across the exact thing happening and was able to fix the problem exactly and they wrote an article about the whole thing. I would love for Bungie to release something like that for the weird problems that pop up in game.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

life_source posted:

There's also the thing where all vendor armour has identical minimum rolls, or Glaives being a huge mess of sometimes working perks and interactions. It's fascinating seeing what breaks when and why and how. A long time ago there was a Steam game that had some kind of networking issue that no one could figure out until a Valve employee randomly came across the exact thing happening and was able to fix the problem exactly and they wrote an article about the whole thing. I would love for Bungie to release something like that for the weird problems that pop up in game.

They did a while back, about crucible bounties not progressing iirc

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
They do that every so often, they wrote a big technical breakdown of the destiny 1 bug where you would lose heavy ammo on respawn, and of the time a few years ago when a patch broke the backend so badly they had to rollback twice

e: also the crucible bounty thing

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

harrygomm fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Jun 22, 2022

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

PERMACAV 50 posted:

They did a while back, about crucible bounties not progressing iirc

haveblue posted:

They do that every so often, they wrote a big technical breakdown of the destiny 1 bug where you would lose heavy ammo on respawn, and of the time a few years ago when a patch broke the backend so badly they had to rollback twice

e: also the crucible bounty thing

drat this owns, do you have a time frame for any of these? I would love to go back and read the breakdowns. I only vaguely recall the rollback one.

EDIT: vvvvv Thank you.

life_source fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Mar 4, 2022

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

harrygomm fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Jun 22, 2022

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
Anyone know if Titan volatile does more damage than other classes? I was reading the effects that each class is tailored for are more effective, like hunters giving 30% weaken instead of 15%.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

jesus what happened to Xur's stat rolls today

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Ort posted:

Anyone know if Titan volatile does more damage than other classes? I was reading the effects that each class is tailored for are more effective, like hunters giving 30% weaken instead of 15%.

30% is from supers. Other weaken effects are still 15%.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

frajaq posted:

jesus what happened to Xur's stat rolls today

His stat rolls were dog poo poo last week as well. Not sure what is going on with that but I can't help but feel like it is not on purpose.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
All vendors in the entire game are only offering collections/minimum stat rolls. Bungie is currently investigating if this is intentional or a bug

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Tbh I don’t think Ikora’s bad exotic rolls are a bug. All the Shadowkeep exotics I got from her were just as bad.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I still believe that exotics you are definitely guaranteed to get as part of mission progression have intentionally bad stats, they're a taste of exoticness without devaluing future drops of that exotics

Xur is supposed to be random, though, if he gives out crap all week every week that's almost certainly unintentional

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I loved that Bungie themselves don't know if it was intentional. Just imagining some poor intern going cubicle to cubicle going 'hey, did you do this deliberately?'

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Man I didn't even realize suppressing glaive was turned off until I charged to melee combo some hive knight that just popped his super and got a real rude surprise

Maybe ill take a break until all these bugs are sorted out

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Nightfalls are giving ridiculous amount of vanguard reputation XP, so I expect them to be disabled soon.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Paracelsus posted:

Nightfalls are giving ridiculous amount of vanguard reputation XP, so I expect them to be disabled soon.

It IS double vanguard point week, and iirc they made the streaks work/more generous

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I grinded out enough Nightfalls to get the shotgun skin. It honestly did not take that long at all once you get a 5 streak.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

It IS double vanguard point week, and iirc they made the streaks work/more generous

Yeah they made it more like PVP/Gambit rep gains. On a 5 streak I was getting 1225 Valor per Hero NF.

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

life_source posted:

A long time ago there was a Steam game that had some kind of networking issue that no one could figure out until a Valve employee randomly came across the exact thing happening and was able to fix the problem exactly and they wrote an article about the whole thing. I would love for Bungie to release something like that for the weird problems that pop up in game.

That was Destiny lol

https://twitter.com/ZPostFacto/status/1286445173816188930

life_source
May 11, 2008

OH MY GOSH

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I can't wait for the big reveal at the end of year where the traveller turns out to just be a oversized ghost shell with a fog machine and some concert lights.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

DancingShade posted:

I can't wait for the big reveal at the end of year where the traveller turns out to just be a oversized ghost shell with a fog machine and some concert lights.

Lightfall? More like, uh, charade falls! Yeah.

Also I actually appreciate the grind on the weapons. Are they slow to level? Yeah. I think that's the point. If I could grind out a weapon max level for all perks etc in an hour or two then why even lock anything behind. I was under the impression that you start with some weapons and by the time you're a decent way in the season they'll feel like home.

My syncopation is at that stage. Not perfect, but vibing more and more. I also play a lot more casually, so I guess the pace makes more sense for that?

I also hope there are weapons that are never craftable and are always random rolls. I think that'd be a good blend.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
What do you folks think will be better for Day 1 Disciple?

I’m waffling pretty hard for my Warlock! I want to bring my shiny new Volatile Flow void build for maximum explosions and UBER-DPS, but my concern is that making things explode won’t be as useful as just freezing all the adds 100% of the time using my Osiomancy Stasis build. Not opposed to swapping my loadout around one way or the other, but I’m just assuming that for things like puzzle solving and discovering callouts well want more crowd control and add clear than BIG DEEPS

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

I'm really hoping Vow will lean more towards Kingsfall or WoTM (simple but hard to execute) than Leviathan or Last Wish (symbols and gimmicks everywhere)

Destiny's raids are best when it's big monsters with straight forward, tight execution checks. It's a shame Bungie is straying from that more and more

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
I don't know, for Deep Stone Crypt the worst encounter is the Atraks straightforward execution check while the best encounter is the next one, Descent, with the crazy multi mechanics.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah Last Wish is incredibly popular and widely regarded as the best content in Destiny 2, or at least it was before Legendary Witch Queen campaign.

Personally I think both are good and a perfect raid would be a 50/50 split down the middle between those kinds of mechanics, not all one or the other like Last Wish or Scourge.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Stasis Hunter will be slept on. Everybody is talking doing damage when the thing that will save runs is the damage reduction.

Stasis in general is being slept on.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Finally got a Tarnation with a 'this pattern can be unlocked'!

I finish it, no pattern. I need to do a certain amount of resonance clears before I can actually make one. Same with the new Cabal pulse and grenade launcher.

This system sucks.

Also, the raid race starts at 3 AM over here, so best of luck to all the goon runners! If you win, get a pic with your shiny new belt. Preferably with a pet.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

J.A.B.C. posted:

Finally got a Tarnation with a 'this pattern can be unlocked'!

I finish it, no pattern. I need to do a certain amount of resonance clears before I can actually make one. Same with the new Cabal pulse and grenade launcher.

This system sucks.

Also, the raid race starts at 3 AM over here, so best of luck to all the goon runners! If you win, get a pic with your shiny new belt. Preferably with a pet.

If you go to the triumphs tab (one page to the left of your character screen) you can click the patterns tab and it'll tell you what guns you can craft as well as how many resonance extractions you need before you have their pattern

Most (if not all?) guns need 2 extractions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

If you go to the triumphs tab (one page to the left of your character screen) you can click the patterns tab and it'll tell you what guns you can craft as well as how many resonance extractions you need before you have their pattern

Most (if not all?) guns need 2 extractions

If the game says 'leveling this gun allows its pattern to be extracted' instead of 'leveling this gun unlocks Deepsight Resonance to extract materials' and I extract it, it should unlock the pattern. Couching it behind even more steps beyond that is dumb.

Tarnation takes 2, other guns can take up to 5.

It wouldn't surprise me if this gets a rework in the coming weeks like they did with transmog.