Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It means that abstinence does not accept US currency as payment.

Only bitcoin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I'm honestly most confused by the $0 USD part. Like... is a selling point of abstinence that it's cheaper than condoms? Really?

It is. Abstinence is often marketed as cheaper than birth control/reproductive healthcare in US sex ed.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

It is. Abstinence is often marketed as cheaper than birth control/reproductive healthcare in US sex ed.

Well, a good solution to that would be to hand out condoms for free, huh?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Sex is literally the only activity that's not inherently monetized by capitalism so of course it has a "cheaper alternative" that emphasizes avoiding it and spending money elsewhere.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Hyperlynx posted:

Well, a good solution to that would be to hand out condoms for free, huh?

On the contrary, it's an argument used for getting rid of free condoms.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Should have zagged-six

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Sex is literally the only activity that's not inherently monetized by capitalism so of course it has a "cheaper alternative" that emphasizes avoiding it and spending money elsewhere.

:magemage:

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I'm honestly most confused by the $0 USD part. Like... is a selling point of abstinence that it's cheaper than condoms? Really?

Pff that's why you steal condoms as a teenager, also so you don't have to have a weird face to face with the grandma behind the counter

also i don't remember where but some nurse type lady gave me a whole brown paper lunch bag full of em so I was good for a while

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Beaten.

Also, seriously, it's a real wonder why it's so difficult to convince people that not loving is sooo fun, guys! Who really enjoys sex when one stops to consider the joys of abstinence? But also don't jerk off either because that's also bad. Orgasms are bad and are to be avoided.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

You know what they say

If it feels good, don't do it

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Large Testicles posted:

Pff that's why you steal condoms as a teenager, also so you don't have to have a weird face to face with the grandma behind the counter

Self-checkout in drugstores is a real step forward here.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

On the contrary, it's an argument used for getting rid of free condoms.

:doh:

In shouldn't be surprised

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Subjunctive posted:

Self-checkout in drugstores is a real step forward here.

Pretty sure they lock those up along with toothpaste, gum, razor inserts

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Pretty sure they lock those up along with toothpaste, gum, razor inserts

Not at the store I go to. I stand next to a shelf of unprotected protection (and vibrators) every time I pick up a prescription.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Yeah you gotta shoplift from the nice part of town

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

help me step car, I'm stuck.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BiggerBoat posted:

Beaten.

Also, seriously, it's a real wonder why it's so difficult to convince people that not loving is sooo fun, guys! Who really enjoys sex when one stops to consider the joys of abstinence? But also don't jerk off either because that's also bad. Orgasms are bad and are to be avoided.

If you give yourself pleasure, you're not giving yourself over to The Lord and how dare you take care of your own emotional and sexual needs. You need to be abstinent and frustrated without knowing why you're frustrated so the Church can mold and reshape your fragile psyche as it chooses! :colbert:

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Yeah you gotta shoplift from the nice part of town

If there's fresh made sushi at the front of the store, you know you hit the right place. Also lift some of that seaweed salad they charge five bucks for like two bites of that poo poo it's ridiculous

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Subjunctive posted:

Not at the store I go to. I stand next to a shelf of unprotected protection (and vibrators) every time I pick up a prescription.

That's subscription. Prescription is for medicine.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j58V2vC9EPc

Ballbot5000
Dec 13, 2008

Fabricati diem, pvnc.

Data Graham posted:

Yeah I think it's in Arizona now

:golfclap:

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Neddy Seagoon posted:

If you give yourself pleasure, you're not giving yourself over to The Lord and how dare you take care of your own emotional and sexual needs. You need to be abstinent and frustrated without knowing why you're frustrated so the Church can mold and reshape your fragile psyche as it chooses! :colbert:

I was going to do a tongue-in-cheek rant about Christianity being just a second-rate heresy of Judaism, which takes a much healthier view of sexuality (including the commandment that a husband is obligated by law to sexually satisfy his wife), except that orthodox Judaism also prohibits premarital sex, so :shrug:

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Hyperlynx posted:

I was going to do a tongue-in-cheek rant about Christianity being just a second-rate heresy of Judaism, which takes a much healthier view of sexuality (including the commandment that a husband is obligated by law to sexually satisfy his wife), except that orthodox Judaism also prohibits premarital sex, so :shrug:

All religions are second rate to Satanism, which basically says do whatever the gently caress you want so long as you're not harming someone else, which actually has a fairly strict definition.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

"you're violating the NAP" whines Satan impotently as Chad Jesus & the dirty dozen go around smashing temples & pulling blades on the authorities

Christianity is fine, it's just the loving Christians thar suck

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Large Testicles posted:

This is still the best safer sex advert ever shown in Germany.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1EtCcb2NOI

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Borrovan posted:

"you're violating the NAP" whines Satan impotently as Chad Jesus & the dirty dozen go around smashing temples & pulling blades on the authorities

Christianity is fine, it's just the loving Christians thar suck

I thought it was the non-loving variety that's so annoying.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Grendels Dad posted:

I thought it was the non-loving variety that's so annoying.

I believe it has been conclusively proven that someone can both suck and gently caress

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Yes, I below it used to be called Chuck's Theorem.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Audio on.

https://i.imgur.com/NN7g3mc.mp4

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Hyperlynx posted:

I had an orthodox classmate in grad school who explained that this effectively just a prohibition on penetrative sex and pretty much anything else goes. There are apparently orthodox singles retreats where everybody hooks up but nobody gets laid.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Data Graham posted:

You know what they say

If it feels good, don't do it

You were a Catholic too huh?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

ultrafilter posted:

I had an orthodox classmate in grad school who explained that this effectively just a prohibition on penetrative sex and pretty much anything else goes. There are apparently orthodox singles retreats where everybody hooks up but nobody gets laid.

In medieval England and some other places in northern Europe there was bundling, where a couple were left alone in a bedroom to "talk" to see if they were "compatible" before marriage. Like the official reason and maybe even the origin of the tradition was meant to be that without the quotes, but certainly by the early modern period it was very definitely a matter of "Just get loving because if it turns out you can't satisfy each other this marriage isn't going to work". It was a big thing in the second wave of the Reformation, the Puritans made it specifically illegal during the Interregnum.

Apparently it still happens in some church traditions but now with the parents and/or pastors in the room keeping an eye on things which, well, least said soonest mended. Apparently one group (wanna say the Amish or another Anabaptist lot) let them have their privacy but also have a plank of wood between the two, or bells attached to the bed, to make sure there's no hanky-panky.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

ultrafilter posted:

Define penetrative

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

ultrafilter posted:

Penetration of what? Do they have a poophole loophole too? Mouths? Hands?

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Just lol if you can't think of satisfying sex acts that don't involve penetration

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Holding hands?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

kazil posted:

Holding hands?

yes, hand stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU