Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the strongest bug?
This poll is closed.
Praying mantis 91 21.06%
🐜 71 16.44%
🦂 56 12.96%
🕷 46 10.65%
🦎 101 23.38%
Centipede 67 15.51%
Total: 432 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Catpetter1981 posted:

So what is going on with the convoy? Is it getting repeatedly attacked, or was it attacked once?

Since it's stalled, why can't it be destroyed with RPGs? Like, can a bunch of Ukrainian soldiers arm themselves with RPGs, sneak up, surround both sides of the convoy, and fire? Or would it be impossible to sneak up?

don't worry, the level designers added lots of bushes alongside the road. as long as you keep an eye on enemy LOS cones it should be easy to position all your troops and have them open fire simultaneously with RPGs to unlock the achievement

e: make sure you take advantage of the real-time w/ pause system though because it will be tough otherwise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Each Russian Brigade carries 5 days of supplies on their own trucks, with no need of resupply. I realize it’s just cope, but latching onto ✨LOGISTICS💫 by people who had hitherto never heard of it is extremely annoying.

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Frosted Flake posted:

Each Russian Brigade carries 5 days of supplies on their own trucks, with no need of resupply. I realize it’s just cope, but latching onto ✨LOGISTICS💫 by people who had hitherto never heard of it is extremely annoying.

Not clear that it's even worth attacking it. At this rate they'll all starve or freeze on their own.

Prediction: in a day or three they start burning their own vehicles for heat

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Catpetter1981 posted:

So what is going on with the convoy? Is it getting repeatedly attacked, or was it attacked once?

Since it's stalled, why can't it be destroyed with RPGs? Like, can a bunch of Ukrainian soldiers arm themselves with RPGs, sneak up, surround both sides of the convoy, and fire? Or would it be impossible to sneak up?

Its not fully "stalled" Its like 10 miles away from Kyiv. If it got any closer its to start blasting the poo poo out of it.

Originally UA propagandists said it was attacked, then it ended up being they blew one of their own bridges heading into it that might have slowed them a bit (militaries around the world have equipment and personnel trained to set up hasty bridges for land vehicles to cross) but its obvious that they are waiting for something else. Probably to finish encircling the eastern front

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

so is Aerospace Force just a sloppy translation of "Air Force" or did the russians duct tape ASMs to the Buran?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Comrade Koba posted:

so is Aerospace Force just a sloppy translation of "Air Force" or did the russians duct tape ASMs to the Buran?

russia recreated the final mission of ace combat 4 and ukraine was unable to respond in time

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Frosted Flake posted:

They have a literal branch of service dedicated to railway repair. It’s been a week. The Railroad is fixed.

Lmao the "Laying Pipe" Brigade.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Catpetter1981 posted:

Not clear that it's even worth attacking it. At this rate they'll all starve or freeze on their own.

Prediction: in a day or three they start burning their own vehicles for heat

ok you tipped your hand with this one lol

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

uchicago students going after mearsheimer

https://twitter.com/RichardHanania/status/1500192254887022593

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

etalian posted:

Lmao the "Laying Pipe" Brigade.

they're stationed at your mom's house lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

redneck nazgul posted:

your mom's house was their boot camp

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

redneck nazgul posted:

lmfao

Snake Dance
Jan 5, 2020

by Azathoth

Comrade Koba posted:

confirmed reports that the Russians have deployed kinetic bombardment from orbiting satellites

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The American Pundits Who Can’t Resist “Westsplaining” Ukraine
John Mearsheimer and other foreign policy figures are treating Russia’s invasion of Ukraine like a game of Risk.

lol

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Comrade Koba posted:

This is the reverse of USA Space Force.

There were two branches of the military that were merged into a single one.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Comrade Koba posted:

Russians merged the air force and (aero)space defense force some years ago.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Cup Runneth Over posted:

If Russia were occupying Ukraine, and Ukrainian insurgency forces wanted to fight against them, arming them would not be an inherently evil thing to do (there is room for nuance here based on the ideology of the insurgency -- there is a difference between good & bad things). The Donetsk People's Republic is the military force resisting Ukraine.

By contrast, Ukraine began handing out weapons and encouraging a Volkssturm the very first day Russia invaded, despite supposedly being a sovereign country with a standing army. They have acted as though there is no distinction between their military forces and civilian population. Handing out AKs like candy is pretty obviously a bad idea for the long-term stability of your country. The difference seems pretty clear to me.

Handing out AKs to untrained civilians seems like a bad idea regardless of whether it's an occupation or invasion but since you brought it up, at what point is the Russian invasion going to qualify as an occupation?

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Comrade Koba posted:

They merged it and renamed it a few years ago.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lmao when someone has a contrary opinion that explains crystal clear what really happened and how ended up in this geopolitical clusterfuck, go after their tenure?

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Tactical Logistics

Streamlined logistic elements support the respective tactical units with ammunition, POL, and rations to insure continuous combat operations. Supply elements deliver materials to the rear of combat elements deployed on the FEBA. Medical and maintenance elements deploy as far forward as possible to accomplish rapid return of lightly wounded personnel and lightly damaged equipment to the combat units. Personnel and equipment requiring additional attention are evacuated from the battlefield.

Divisional combat service support elements are completely mobile. The division mobile logistic base normally is located approximately 25 to 40 kilometers from the FEBAin the offense,and up to 50 kilometers in the defense. Logistic elements are organized similar to logistic elements at army level. The logistic base is headed by a logistics officer, assisted by branch depot chiefs, and subordinate to the deputy commander for the rear. Motor transport, medical, and field bakery facilitiesare organic to the division. Supplies are delivered to regiments and battalions.

At regimental level, supplies are loaded on vehicles to maintain equal mobility combat elements. The regimental chief of rear services is responsible for all supply actions.There are no branch depot chiefs at this level to assist him. Maintenance functions are the responsibility of the deputy commander for technical matters. Located up to 20 kilometersfrom the FEBA, these logistic elements directly supply subordinate battalions, and also may supply line companies when required.

Battalion logistic support is self-contained. Supplies are maintained with the supply and maintenance platoon and transported on battalion vehicles. Prescribed norms of supply are maintained for all classes of materiel, with replenishment provided directly by regiment or division logistic elements. The battalion chief of staff is the organizer of rear service functions. The deputy commander for technical matters is in charge of maintenance support. The supply platoon commander is responsible for receipt, storage, and deliveries of supplies to companies . He also deploys and operates battalion ammunition, fuel, and ration points.

I.G.
Oct 10, 2000

eXXon posted:

Handing out AKs to untrained civilians seems like a bad idea regardless of whether it's an occupation or invasion but since you brought it up, at what point is the Russian invasion going to qualify as an occupation?
i can answer this. it's after Russia occupies enough territory so that actually handing out the AKs is impossible

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

redneck nazgul posted:

brutal

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Frosted Flake posted:

Tactical Logistics

Streamlined logistic elements support the respective tactical units with ammunition, POL, and rations to insure continuous combat operations. Supply elements deliver materials to the rear of combat elements deployed on the FEBA. Medical and maintenance elements deploy as far forward as possible to accomplish rapid return of lightly wounded personnel and lightly damaged equipment to the combat units. Personnel and equipment requiring additional attention are evacuated from the battlefield.

Divisional combat service support elements are completely mobile. The division mobile logistic base normally is located approximately 25 to 40 kilometers from the FEBAin the offense,and up to 50 kilometers in the defense. Logistic elements are organized similar to logistic elements at army level. The logistic base is headed by a logistics officer, assisted by branch depot chiefs, and subordinate to the deputy commander for the rear. Motor transport, medical, and field bakery facilitiesare organic to the division. Supplies are delivered to regiments and battalions.

At regimental level, supplies are loaded on vehicles to maintain equal mobility combat elements. The regimental chief of rear services is responsible for all supply actions.There are no branch depot chiefs at this level to assist him. Maintenance functions are the responsibility of the deputy commander for technical matters. Located up to 20 kilometersfrom the FEBA, these logistic elements directly supply subordinate battalions, and also may supply line companies when required.

Battalion logistic support is self-contained. Supplies are maintained with the supply and maintenance platoon and transported on battalion vehicles. Prescribed norms of supply are maintained for all classes of materiel, with replenishment provided directly by regiment or division logistic elements. The battalion chief of staff is the organizer of rear service functions. The deputy commander for technical matters is in charge of maintenance support. The supply platoon commander is responsible for receipt, storage, and deliveries of supplies to companies . He also deploys and operates battalion ammunition, fuel, and ration points.

Once it's out of fuel, it will be abandoned. No need to destroy it, just keep it from moving forward and it will destroy itself.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Disclaimer, I hate “Units of Fire” and other logistician bullshit,

They have like 100k litres of fuel just with them when they set out, with no resupply.

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Catpetter1981 posted:

are you drunk the convoy is protected by thousands of soldiers lol you aren't just gonna sneak up. you would need a lot of guys, armor, artillery, which means a lot of supply - things that are easy to spot with drone or satellite

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

The ukrainans meanwhile say

https://twitter.com/sentdefender/status/1500010210735398913?t=YFtac94ZyHnSXceapR4xhQ&s=19

lol

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
So Travis view of qanon anonymous has been promoting the guy whose picture is his Twitter avatar so you can see where your donated money is going.

https://twitter.com/Kolmen1989/status/1500192366501769217?t=1ZLTJjDi9t08QmR9NoNFrQ&s=19
https://twitter.com/Kolmen1989/status/1499793650339000327?t=8F6e2uiYQQoiKMpIEP3sFg&s=19
https://twitter.com/Kolmen1989/status/1499528581252362240?t=KlUOnI36WmJKY4u-SHkpWA&s=19
https://twitter.com/Kolmen1989/status/1498269703013343232?t=3Sno6oGWK2HUaX4uPicPLw&s=19

You may recognize some of the items from this photo.
https://twitter.com/BowenBBC/status/1499621073473708032?t=PfQeBjdKDUYO7oWLN3NoGQ&s=19

I wish the money was going to help people in need of food, clothing, and other supplies and not towards sending children to their deaths!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

ukraine has plenty of weaponry with which to assault the convoy but those weapons are better used towards defense than offense at this point.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

just thought of London Breed.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

re: the vyelkin post

i think i agree with most of what he said, but i still think ukraine should probably best give up and negotiate a surrender. whatever russia had in mind with denazification, now seems the best time to talk to the russians about what it could entail and negotiate accordingly. it's not a good deal regardless, but the idea that russia will ease up on its demands as they encounter resistance seems absurd. fighting on won't soften russian resolve, if anything the more this war costs, they more they'll expect to gain in the inevitable peace treaty. this isn't america sticking its dick in a country halfway around the world and loving back off without (immediate) consequence. the ukrainian-russian border might as well have been the rubicon - the second russian troops crossed it, russia was going to get their strategic objectives regardless of the cost.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

etalian posted:

lmao when someone has a contrary opinion that explains crystal clear what really happened and how ended up in this geopolitical clusterfuck, go after their tenure?

he survived the israel lobby, hopefully he can survive this

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

eXXon posted:

probably once Russia no longer has any military justification to maintain a presence in the city but doesn't withdraw and instead exercises pressure on civilian governments or outright supplants them, I suppose

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo
https://twitter.com/JimmySecUK/status/1500177643504910337

Technicals!

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

choose your own adventure war

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS
really looking forward to all those foreign legionaries coming home and getting jobs as cops.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

boo boo bear posted:

really looking forward to all those foreign legionaries coming home and getting jobs as cops.
I'm not looking forward to any of them coming back.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

I.G. posted:

i can answer this. it's after Russia occupies enough territory so that actually handing out the AKs is impossible

Another funny thing is that between civilian infrastructure, governance and habitation Russians haven't found the time to target TDF gathering sites or distribution points in their efforts to "pacify" the civvies with AKs threat.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

that's just jpeg artifacts on the video stream

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Mr Hootington posted:

So Travis view of qanon anonymous has been promoting the guy whose picture is his Twitter avatar so you can see where your donated money is going.

https://twitter.com/Kolmen1989/status/1500192366501769217?t=1ZLTJjDi9t08QmR9NoNFrQ&s=19
https://twitter.com/Kolmen1989/status/1499793650339000327?t=8F6e2uiYQQoiKMpIEP3sFg&s=19
https://twitter.com/Kolmen1989/status/1499528581252362240?t=KlUOnI36WmJKY4u-SHkpWA&s=19
https://twitter.com/Kolmen1989/status/1498269703013343232?t=3Sno6oGWK2HUaX4uPicPLw&s=19

You may recognize some of the items from this photo.
https://twitter.com/BowenBBC/status/1499621073473708032?t=PfQeBjdKDUYO7oWLN3NoGQ&s=19

I wish the money was going to help people in need of food, clothing, and other supplies and not towards sending children to their deaths!

what is the military use of a yoga mat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Miss Snausages
Mar 8, 2005
Volvorific!

Gorman Thomas posted:

It's a nice rhetorical trick to avoid having to address and then resolve a contradiction. Local liberal discovers a new trick to avoid discussing historical context, leftists hate him!!

I know that, but I was asking why it doesn't exist according to the poster Boo Boo Bear.