Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aqua Seafoam Shame
Aug 20, 2018

by astral
Can we also talk about the absurdity of strict 24-hour days all across the galaxy/verse/whatever? Like, everyone follow Earth time for no reason.

Edit: argh, uh, someone spot me a catte? I forget how to tag images.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydyy-frH1-U

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/9R5cMW3.gifv

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/1499852450127388681

L. Ron Hoover
Nov 9, 2009
I'm sorry I probably do too many of these but

Games > Star Citizen: I'm a nurse who licks pussy frequently

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep
Why does uncorked verbal diarrhea monocle cat star citizen guy have to mansplain squirting I ask myself, creating an all new sentence the world neither asked for nor needed

Silver John
Sep 30, 2014

It may be because I only get info on star citizen from this thread but I’m always surprised how it seems like nobody gives a single drat about the setting. Nobody seems to talk about what they find cool about the aliens or cultures except in the vaguest terms. Admittedly there doesn’t seem to be a reason to care about their incredibly generic setting

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kavros posted:

Why does uncorked verbal diarrhea monocle cat star citizen guy have to mansplain squirting I ask myself, creating an all new sentence the world neither asked for nor needed

Because it kills two with birds with one stone. It lets you both mansplain and boast about all the female pussy you're having at the same time. Kazan was better because he would add that he was doing so in an alpine resort while telecommuting for a top 50 company.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Ben had the shrine to a lady newscaster, right?

Aesaar
Mar 19, 2015

Silver John posted:

It may be because I only get info on star citizen from this thread but I’m always surprised how it seems like nobody gives a single drat about the setting. Nobody seems to talk about what they find cool about the aliens or cultures except in the vaguest terms. Admittedly there doesn’t seem to be a reason to care about their incredibly generic setting

It's because the setting is completely uninteresting. They pretend it's the fall of the Roman Empire in space, but that's a paper-thin veneer (it's like the Roman Empire because the evil aliens are called the Vanduul! Get it? like Vandals! Chris is a genius). It takes absolutely nothing from the Roman Empire, and instead just replicates the modern day while putting zero thought into how technology might have changed society or government in 1000 years.

The setting is as dull and generic as their ship designs are.

Aesaar fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Mar 5, 2022

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Aesaar posted:

It's because the setting is completely uninteresting. They pretend it's the fall of the Roman Empire in space, but that's a paper-thin veneer (it's like the Roman Empire because the evil aliens are called the Vanduul! Get it? like Vandals! Chris is a genius). It takes absolutely nothing from the Roman Empire, and instead just replicates the modern day while putting zero thought into how technology might have changed society or government in 1000 years.

The setting is as dull and generic as their ship designs are.

Sorry but the Roman Empire also had a democratically chosen Emperor

quote:

2950 UEE Imperatorial election

The 2950 United Empire of Earth imperatorial election is an election cycle event held throughout the year 2950, intended to elect the next Imperator of the United Empire of Earth. Security, economic development, military spending, alien affairs, general ethical and moral views of society will be heavily influenced by the Imperator and their plans for Humanity. The entire process took place between October 2949 until the end of 2950.

The final voting round was held between October 10 and 24, 2950. All Citizens of the United Empire of Earth were called to chose the successor of incumbent Imperator Kelos Costigan. An Imperator can only serve a one-time period of 10 years. The Imperator-elect will be inaugurated, Jan 1 2951.On November 1, the Imperial Election Bureau announced the results and proclaimed Laylani Addison the next Imperator.

Process
The election format was enacted in 2810. It is the first time that a candidate (Titus Costigan) is closely related to the incumbent Imperator. It follows a determined cycle ('from Citizen's Day to Citizen's Day').[2]

Only Citizens can apply for the office. In a process called 'Imperator primaries' or 'primary', an applicant needs 50,000 Citizen signatures to qualify as a 'candidate'. They are then now able to add a presentation Vid over the empire-wide receivable Spectrum broadcasting service. The primary voting round then decides which 10 of them are nominated for the next round.

It featured some bizarre applicants

Golroq, 'the guy wearing that crazy suit with wings, who had a plan to end the Vanduul war by guiding the UEE into another dimension.'
an unnamed person, an impersonator who was called by the moderator 'Ivar junior', because he claimed to be a descendant of Ivar Messer
Boss Baghead, called by the moderator 'the girl wearing that cheap plastic helmet bag thingy'
Signing ceremony

All ten candidates were presented at a formal 'signing ceremony' in February 2950, where they were formally applying for the office in presence of the current officeholder. This year, Kelos Costigan, member of the Universal Party, didn't endorse any of the candidates and didn't release a statement because of the peculiar situation that his son is also amongst the candidates.

Secondary voting
The second round commenced on April 10 and concluded on April 24. The final five candidates receiving the most support were announced on May 1. During this round of voting, there were 'accusations of voter intimidation against Tevarin Citizens' occurring at certain polling stations.

The following candidates were elected for the Final vote.

Titus Costigan
Laylani Addison
Paul LeSalle
Mira Ngo
Illyana Sharrad

Final vote

The final vote for Imperator occurred between October 10 and 24. All citizens were called to issue one (1) vote for their candidate of choice. For this phase, the Cloud Imperium lore team decided to hand voting control to all backers of the Star Citizen community using a poll on the Roberts Space Industries website. Backers could also show their support for specific candidates using Title badges, which would display next to their name throughout Spectrum.

The winner of the final vote was announced late in the day on 1 November 2950 at a ceremony in Moscow, where the Imperial Election Bureau commissioner Tyrone Salonen proclaimed Laylani Addison Imperator-elect.

The Imperial Election Bureau provided the official result in detail:

Laylani Addison: 45.42%
Titus Costigan: 17.89%
Illyana Sharrad: 14.18%
Paul LeSalle: 13.53%
Mira Ngo: 8.98%
Addison then gave the following speech at the ceremony:

"Thank you, Commissioner Salonen. Let me start by thanking my campaign staff all across the Empire. There are too many people to name, right now, but none of this would be possible without your hard work and dedication. Truly, I cannot thank you enough for helping turn our improbable dream into a reality. My love and thanks to my dedicated partner and campaign manager, Jesse. I am here now because of your belief in me. To our daughter Finley, thank you for your patience and the joy you bring me every day. I also want to thank the people of the UEE. Words fail to express the deep sense of pride and gratitude I’m feeling right now. Serving as your Imperator will be the honor of a lifetime, and I promise to dedicate myself to building a better Empire for all.

Make no mistake, I’m under no illusions that this will be easy. For years I was told that the deeply rooted political parties and corporate interests were too powerful, too entrenched, for an independent voice to be heard. Well, we sure proved them wrong and showed everyone where the true power lies in this empire — with the people!

Now that the election is over our real work can begin. Much like my campaign, I cannot do this alone. Only with your help can we reform this Empire into an institution that’s able to address the issues of the day and remain agile enough to confront the challenges ahead. My administration will focus on policies that will make this possible. Beginning with education and innovation initiatives that will lead this empire into a new age of progress, peace, and prosperity.

I know there will be people out there saying that my policy goals are impractical or even impossible. Yet my campaign is proof that when the people of the UEE come together for the common good we can make the impossible possible. For the next decade, you have chosen to let me lead the way. I promise to fully dedicate myself to the people’s cause and refuse to let fear dictate our path forward. Together we can build a better tomorrow and a stronger empire for us all. Thank you."

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
Yea I licked her pussy, then I played with her boobs and they felt just like sandbags

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man
That Monocle Cat chap really disturbs me.

It's the combination of :smuggo: "I'm a nurse acksherly" condescension and *NEW* revolting sexual revelations, mainly.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pixelate posted:

I like to holiday where the sandworms surf 1km sandstorms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuDj5v81Nd0&t=6370s

The sand hurricanes are good too

lol I remember this, all of this is fake and has never actually been implemented into the game.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
"Fun" game: Guess which candidate is which based only on their names and the citizen's votes.

A) Adheres more closely to the core platform of lower taxes and more restrictive social services, and also called for a reevaluation of the Fair Chance Act, which could potentially open previously protected areas of the empire for resource extraction.

B) Proposed a program that essentially allows governor's councils in each system to propose a single initiative that will serve the needs of the residents there. The purpose of the program is then to fast track the plans, hopefully boosting the long-term health of the system's economy, and benefiting from the potential return on investment when carrying it out

C) Their campaign pledges focus around redirecting credits towards improving education, funding scientific research, and loosening current restrictions on AI research. Also supports Synthworld and publicly subsidized universities.

D) Their campaign plans were deregulation to spur economic growth, and increase reliance on militias. If elected, their first months would be spent on reducing financial and bureaucratic waste, and maximizing returns.

E) Their prime pointer for the elections is moving the capital of the UEE from Earth to Terra. Their entire campaign was built around this idea. (Financial records sent anonymously revealed that over the last year the candidate had heavily invested in Terra-based construction concerns)

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

:staredog: :staredog: :staredog: :staredog:

What the gently caress

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

The worst kind of vagina.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Pull up, thread?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

quote:

OK. So twice I have found Tessa Bannister fanboi videos on Youtube showing a picture of Sophie Wu and assuming that is Tessa Bannister. Sorry guys, but no. A quick visit to the Star Citizen/Squadron 42 IMDB page would enlighten you. The IMDB page for both Sophie Wu and Squadron 42 lists Sophie as Pilot Officer Cara Webster - 'Web'. (In the game she is given the American rank of Lt.)

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2348343/

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5194726/fullcredits/?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm

https://youtu.be/BHR1aEdTA4M?t=696

The actor who plays Dr Tessa Bannister in Star Citizen is Clare Fraenkel - she does not appear in the Squadron 42 IMDB cast list.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4156346/fullcredits/?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm (at the very bottom)

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm6654404/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t25

https://www.mandy.com/actor/profile/clare-fraenkel

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/images.castcall.blue-compass.com/portfolioraw/1665/1665515.jpg

[EDIT] I found out, she speaks fluent German too.

quote:

Dr Tessa Bannister is played by an actress called Clare Fraenkel.

She speaks fluent German, she applied for a German passport when Brexit was announced. She has a Twitter account in her own name.

I messaged her suggesting she get in touch with HCS Voice Packs.
She is planning to produce a one woman stage play (solo) about her families escape from Nazi Germany. I'm sure he'd appreciate any support people could offer.

I also suggested she might consider setting up a Youtube and Patreon account where she could read and translate Star Citizen lore to her adoring fans. Why not say hello on her Twitter and 'encourage her' to join the fun?
Google Translate: Mein Deutsch ist wirklich schlecht
Dr. Tessa Bannister wird von einer Schauspielerin namens Clare Fraenkel gespielt.

Sie spricht fließend Deutsch und beantragte einen deutschen Pass, als der Brexit angekündigt wurde. Sie hat einen Twitter-Account in ihrem eigenen Namen.

Ich schrieb ihr, dass sie sich mit HCS Voice Packs in Verbindung setzen solle.
Sie plant ein Ein-Frauen-Bühnenstück (Solo) über die Flucht ihrer Familien aus dem nationalsozialistischen Deutschland. Ich bin sicher, sie würde jede Unterstützung schätzen, die die Leute anbieten könnten.

Ich schlug ihr auch vor, einen Youtube- und Patreon-Account einzurichten, in dem sie die Überlieferungen von Star Citizen lesen und für ihre Fans übersetzen könnte.

Warum nicht auf ihrem Twitter Hallo sagen und sie ermutigen, sich dem Spaß anzuschließen?
https://twitter.com/ClareFraenkel
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm6654404/

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
I thought that dude was trolling, now I think it’s Bens alt account. Yeeeuck

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

no_recall posted:

Pull up, thread?

It may look bad but it will wash off its only .......

marumaru
May 20, 2013

no_recall posted:

Pull up, thread?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

no_recall posted:

Pull out, thread?

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
why did he not translate "i lick vaginas daily." to introduce himself

seems rude not to mention that

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Bumble He posted:

why did he not translate "i lick vaginas daily." to introduce himself

seems rude not to mention that

"Ich bin ein Krankenpfleger und lecke täglich Muschis [...]"

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Ooo a sick flyer? Nic3

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Got any money? No? There are 3 ships available to you

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Lol, just caught up with Monocle Cat's (alleged) sex life. It's good to see that this isn't a professional paid shill, it's just your average internet creep after all.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Bait him into a Twitter fight with Ben Shapiro about ***female*** secretions

ferengi_with_fedora.jpg

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010

trucutru posted:

"Fun" game: Guess which candidate is which based only on their names and the citizen's votes.

A) Adheres more closely to the core platform of lower taxes and more restrictive social services, and also called for a reevaluation of the Fair Chance Act, which could potentially open previously protected areas of the empire for resource extraction.

B) Proposed a program that essentially allows governor's councils in each system to propose a single initiative that will serve the needs of the residents there. The purpose of the program is then to fast track the plans, hopefully boosting the long-term health of the system's economy, and benefiting from the potential return on investment when carrying it out

C) Their campaign pledges focus around redirecting credits towards improving education, funding scientific research, and loosening current restrictions on AI research. Also supports Synthworld and publicly subsidized universities.

D) Their campaign plans were deregulation to spur economic growth, and increase reliance on militias. If elected, their first months would be spent on reducing financial and bureaucratic waste, and maximizing returns.

E) Their prime pointer for the elections is moving the capital of the UEE from Earth to Terra. Their entire campaign was built around this idea. (Financial records sent anonymously revealed that over the last year the candidate had heavily invested in Terra-based construction concerns)

I tried but I have no clue.

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:

L. Ron Hoover posted:

I'm sorry I probably do too many of these but

Games > Star Squirtizen: I'm a nurse who licks pussy frequently

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.
So monocle cat was Ben all along. What a revelation.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
Hopefully we can move beyond vaginal discharges at this point! Surely the creep has said other words of tremendous wisdom by now? :3:

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Fidelitious posted:

So monocle cat was Ben all along. What a revelation.
starting to take seriously the possibility this may actually be true

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Eric the Mauve posted:

starting to take seriously the possibility this may actually be true

I don't think Ben licks anything he isn't going to eat and the logistics of positioning would make this difficult at best but then again, grilled cheese

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

quote:

quote:

You realize there is still not any real "videogame" to play, right?
Do you have some privileged access to Squadron 42 Episode One information we don't? Please share.

You understand the current alpha PU is just a tech demo spoiler free limited test-bed and has always been acknowledged as such? You will see 'the game' when we get the Squadron 42 single player. It is a little misleading to call it the 'single player' however, because it is set in exactly the same game universe as the PU.

quote:

"Squadron 42 is basically one huge dynamic mission in the PU" - Jared Huckaby
People compare Star Citizen to games like No Mans Sky, or Elite Dangerous - but this is quite inaccurate, better analogies would be GTA or Skyrim V. One feature that is the same between Skyrim V and Squadron 42 is that once you enter the game time only moves forward, in Skyrim V the only way you can go back in time is to load an earlier save therefore losing all progress after that minute - you won't have such freedom to load saves as you wish in Squadron 42. They are massive open world games where story line missions are embedded, if you abandon a mission you are free to roam the environment and do as you will - this is how it is with Squadron 42 except that if you abandon your 'duties' you will be caught and tried as a deserter (and sent to prison in the PU probably, or executed), you have a life to live in a massive open world universe.

For content purposes, Squadron 42 IS Star Citizen. Everything in the SQ42 game will be opened to the PU, except that your entry to the PU is after you retire from military service in Squadron 42. Those who say 'I don't want Squadron 42 I only want Star Citizen!" are simply not very well informed. It's like saying I want to run around in San Andreas multiplayer map but I don't want GTA! Or I want to go mining and trading in Skyrim but I don't want to bother with the Thieves Guild quests, so don't bother taking the time building Skyrim or the storyline quests.. anyone who has ever played GTA or Skyrim V would hear that and just laugh at anyone saying such an uninformed thing.

It's not just locations that are being held back to avoid spoilers, there are game features too. A big part of the gameplay experience in Squadron 42 is the Spectrum. We don't have the Spectrum currently in the Stanton system PU.

Therefore: If you don't know what is in Squadron 42, you really have no idea how far along they are in building the PU.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Mirificus posted:

Therefore: If you don't know what is in Squadron 42, you really have no idea how far along they are in building the PU.

:ironicat:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://v.redd.it/lqobq4o8gnl81/DASH_1080.mp4

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Monocle cat seems dense enough to be used as radiation shielding around a fission reactor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackstone
Feb 13, 2012

Bofast posted:

Monocle cat seems dense enough to be used as radiation shielding around a fission reactor.

I still think he’s a paid shill who’s trying to see what he’s getting away with. From that perspective, his posts are brillant.