Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Yossarian posted:

I can't wait for the next totally rich not lying bitcoin guy comes in here to tell the truth about how rich he is. I believe it every time

I'm super rich. I got rich by bitcoins. Now, with my NFT drop, you can get rich like me. Buy my NFT'S now before you don't get rich in Bitcoin.

Just PayPal me your life savings and I'll email you the rarest NFT'S.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Not all civilizations used wheels. Those in mountains or dense forests didnt, at least not a lot of usage. Also wheels require roads and require some sort of collective and social engineering to make sure road condition stay good and safe/secure

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!
You can buy a nft of this post for only $400,000. It’s a great investment.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

The Pirate Captain posted:

You can buy a nft of this post for only $400,000. It’s a great investment.

You can buy an NFT of this post for $399,999.95. What a bargain! And totally not a scam like that other NFT.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I'm going to sell an nft of both of those posts with an identical link at 100 times the price, making mine the better investment vehicle

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Mad Dragon posted:

You can buy a NFT of this post for $399,999.95. What a bargain! And totally not a scam like that other NFT.

I changed a letter of this post and now it's a new series, buy one or all of the exclusive limited edition of 1000 copies of this post I'll be selling for only $400,000 each

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Captain Yossarian posted:

I can't wait for the next totally rich not lying bitcoin guy comes in here to tell the truth about how rich he is. I believe it every time
Me personally, bitcoin is my savings account. Every george washing dollar bill gets put into BTC. I sold all my stocks. I sold my ROTH IRA and paid the penalty and short term capital gains. I sold all my possessions until all I owned was a bed, a desk, and 7 pairs of each article of clothing.

I eventually would also move into my car to avoid rent payments to put more money into BTC.

But I didn't just do this yesterday, this was my mentality in 2020. So I went all in before the bull market pretty much.

So I'll always be in profit.

And I've been buying the whole way up and whole way down. I don't care. My whole portfolio is bitcoin.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Professor Shark posted:

It's the combination receding hairline and long hair combo, swimsuit, and undershirt to show off his muscles (tbf the dude is doing good with his routine).

Then he does that weird salesperson hand stuff that some seminar said inspires confidence.

It's all weird when you put it together.

Also his traps are weirdly big, which makes his neck look a lot smaller, and I think he's also got some weird posture going on. Which just makes him look like Count Orlok, which is not a good image when you're yelling and moving toward the camera.

I feel like it's possible to make a good sale while yelling, if you have that Billy Mays "I am so fukken excited about this junk, boy howdy," thing going on, but this just seems aggro and off-putting, like he really needs the money and is getting desperate and mad.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Gazpacho posted:

Me personally, bitcoin is my savings account. Every george washing dollar bill gets put into BTC. I sold all my stocks. I sold my ROTH IRA and paid the penalty and short term capital gains. I sold all my possessions until all I owned was a bed, a desk, and 7 pairs of each article of clothing.

You fiat simp. I own one change of clothes and clean them by minting them as NFTs

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

Hello Sailor posted:

Is this thing where some people pretend they've never heard of the word "cryptography" really still going on? It's never been funny.

The "crypto" in "cryptocurrency" doesn't mean "cryptography" my dude

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Uh, yes it does. It's a currency based on cryptography, that's what all the hashing to make blocks is about. What did you think it meant? A currency that was pretending not to be one?

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer
Lol

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
No it's crypto as in cryptozooology

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
cryptid currency

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Crypto fascism :colbert:

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

vortmax posted:

No it's crypto as in cryptozooology

Ugh I'm so sick of all this nft poo poo

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Hello Sailor posted:

Is this thing where some people pretend they've never heard of the word "cryptography" really still going on? It's never been funny.

lol

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

priznat posted:

It does draw it's mythology from the "sound money" concept that's heavily pushed by eugenics advocates so this isn't even a big stretch

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Dabir posted:

Uh, yes it does. It's a currency based on cryptography, that's what all the hashing to make blocks is about. What did you think it meant? A currency that was pretending not to be one?

"based on" in a very loose sense.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

Hello Sailor posted:

whoa, whoa, whoa, spoiler tag this poo poo!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Dabir posted:

It's poop from the butt, OP. Hence the name.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

priznat posted:

:hmmyes:

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Cryptographicard Currency is going to let us seize control of the economy, and therefore the government, from those out-of-touch-fat-cats in Washington, then we can deal with the big issues, like age of consent laws (Day 1)

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Professor Shark posted:

Cryptographicard Currency is going to let us seize control of the economy, and therefore the government, from those out-of-touch-fat-cats in Washington, then we can deal with the big issues, like age of consent laws (Day 1)

And then they can get their government-appointed girlfriends, which is all they really wanted all along.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
it's cryptosporidium currency, actually

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

kirbysuperstar posted:

it's cryptosporidium currency, actually

No wonder the fanatics just spray poo poo everywhere

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

tak posted:

Ugh I'm so sick of all this nft poo poo

I am selling NFTs of cryptid poo poo. Be the first in line to officially own a (link to a) Bigfoot BM or Mothman Manure!

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life
It’s called cryptocurrency as you’ll take it to the crypt with you since there’s no way for your estate to gain access unless you just give people keys to your account.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Somfin posted:

It does draw it's mythology from the "sound money" concept that's heavily pushed by eugenics advocates so this isn't even a big stretch

This stuff sounds familiar. There's a common theme of a very mystical, cargo-cult-y approach to the trappings of capitalism that somehow thinks it's rational, isn't there?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Ghost Leviathan posted:

This stuff sounds familiar. There's a common theme of a very mystical, cargo-cult-y approach to the trappings of capitalism that somehow thinks it's rational, isn't there?

Yeah. And that all its failings are the result of not doing it hard enough. Hence "crony capitalism" and other "I would be the boot if we were doing capitalism properly" dogwhistles.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Got my "gently caress NFTs" shirt in today. Thanks to whichever goon shared that because gently caress NFTs.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Somfin posted:

Yeah. And that all its failings are the result of not doing it hard enough. Hence "crony capitalism" and other "I would be the boot if we were doing capitalism properly" dogwhistles.

'Real capitalism has never been tried' and all that.

A real running theme that they assume property rights are a law of physics and in general don't, and actively refuse to, understand that property and money are social constructs that only exist as long as they are enforced.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
I don't know you guys, I think I'm just going to keep my USD. It has been digital since before even bitcoin

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?
I guess cryptocurrency is cryptography the same way as sha-1 is

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Real funny looking up 'sound money' and finding reports from some real dodgy looking places talking about how important it is despite all the haters and being debunked while not explaining anything about what it actually is or how it works.

Wikipedia just redirects it to 'hard currency'.

Arcon
Jul 24, 2013
It's actually an acronym

Crimes Related to Your Personal Technology Offerings

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained
https://twitter.com/FedorovMykhailo/status/1499348177002151937?s=20&t=1TVfnzrPbzmWIOQOWXwv8g

War NFTs are the hot new thing

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

War!!! NFTs!!! What are they good for? Absolutely nothing, say it again.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Nfts are great! For me to poop o... Wait im being handed a piece of paper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I mint a New Fuckin’ Turd every morning